• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

I think the end of cvx was one of the best the series ever had because it was going to be such a direct tie in. Then “6 years” happened when re4 started. That forever killed me ngl.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think the end of cvx was one of the best the series ever had because it was going to be such a direct tie in. Then “6 years” happened when re4 started. That forever killed me ngl.
For claire and chris interactions, yes. Recv has the best story from pre-re4 entries due to that imo. At the same time though steve, alfred and alexia feel lacking compared to them and chris' rockfort section drags on after rodrigo. And ı already explained what ı think about wesker in recv. I personally prefer darkside chronicles over both recv and even re2, it's my favourite spinoff in the series and ı like it a lot more than ı used to. It improves from re2 and recv quite a lot and ı really like operation javier as well. I really enjoy suga's take on the game as well as re6.

As for re4; ı think the game feels lacking compared to outbreak games and re6 so ı agree with its story also lacking but at the same time; ı still prefer it over re3,5 which ı dont like at all. Re5's story being more based on re3,5 is one of the reasons why it bothers me more than re4's story, even if ı still prefer it over re4's due to better characters and voice acting.

Last edited:
I know CV is a hard game and some people probably don't have the patience for it. But the game takes place on a prison island, so there's bound to be tighter than usual security. With Umbrella being in charge, you know how they are. 😑

If they remade it, I could see it being linear with maybe one or two mediocre puzzles. Aligning crests or something. It wouldn't at all surprise me. That's one thing puzzles enthusiastics missed in the RE3 remake. Remember the music box puzzle? 🤣

Yama

Owner
I know CV is a hard game and some people probably don't have the patience for it. But the game takes place on a prison island, so there's bound to be tighter than usual security. With Umbrella being in charge, you know how they are. 😑

If they remade it, I could see it being linear with maybe one or two mediocre puzzles. Aligning crests or something. It wouldn't at all surprise me. That's one thing puzzles enthusiastics missed in the RE3 remake. Remember the music box puzzle? 🤣
I wouldn’t say it’s especially hard as much as it is gimped, leaving the player with no warning and essentially locking them out of inventory, etc.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I dont like jill's stars outfit in remake. In cutscenes; it's blue color but during gameplay, it's green for some reason. Why not make her stars outfit blue like in og game as well as one of re3's unlockable outfits?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Must be because of the lighting, as the shade may make blue have a green tint.
It's not. In live action cutscenes, it's blue while during gameplay and normal cutscenes, it's green. A nitpick but ı still find it annoying.

There's a mod for hd remaster version on pc that fixes the issue but in the end; it's still a fan patch and not an official one. Not to mention ı dont like the hd remasters for remake and even re0 that much these days. I would rather play their wii ports on dolphin emulator.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Does anyone else feel like the designs behind the monsters of dead aim are immensely lacking? Like the game's monsters as well as their designs are so boring.

Zombies dont look intimidating, hunter elites look pathetic, glimmers look cringy, ı dont even know what the hell is nautilus and torpedo kids, pluto looks comical with it being blind making the monster even more of a joke, t-091 looks boring and halbert looks boring as well.

Only morpheus for their 1st form looks interesting ( Which ı used to not like cause ı was confused by their backstory. ) but they are only fought once and their final form is the worst.

Zombies can be instantly killed with a critical followed by a hilarious animation and pluto being blind makes silenced handgun more useful to utilize so there are those ı guess but other than that; not much really.

Having thought about it, cutting Krauser out of the RE4 remake wouldn't make sense. Logistically, the cult required somebody to bring Ashley from America to Spain. So that was his job. Even though he was just keeping an eye on things for himself, he's still the reason she was kidnapped in the first place. So if he's gone, then uh. What's the point in this game?

I do think he could have done with getting a better intro in the original, even if this was just shown off in a brief flashback to explain that Leon and Krauser had been comrades. That he 'just knows' Leon is so random. They didn't even bother to provide a reason as to how they met.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I feel like the best aspect of dead aim storywise is the background lore for umbrella as well as character background lore for bruce, fong ling and morpheus.

I really like usstratcom mention there. It's the 1st entry that mentions it. I dont remember if it was mentioned at any other supplemental material for darkside chronicles but ı think re4 and damnation guide books dont mention that organization's name and instead refer to it as " secret military agency " .

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I dont like the end game plot twists for gaiden and reorc. Gaiden reveals that leon became a bow while the real one seems to die and reorc offers a possibility to kill leon which would be followed with uss agents killing claire before taking sherry under umbrella's orders. I dont think ı killed leon at the end, ı defended him instead while going against umbrella's orders.

Bow leon at the end of gaiden reminds me of the plot twist with ethan in revillage as well.

I still dont like the plot twists for those 2 games but ı still appreciate those games storywise. Leon and barry team up is really cool and reorc also expands raccoon with more lore additions.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

I like these trailers for reorc but for the heroes one, ı'm very bothered at ada being portrayed next to villains. I would have preferred her to team up with leon as well. I dont like to fight against ada while playing as leon. Still ı didnt play the mode since it seems to be an online exclusive mode but it's what it is.

Do you think Capcom will make us play as Ada with that hacking gun again, for the reimagining of RE4? Oh, God. :p

That really wasn't all that enjoyable in the RE2 remake, to be honest.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
In remake; both chris and richard are voiced by the same va, joe whyte. I find that weird personally. Why are both of them voiced by the same va? It also becomes weird in jill's scenario. If you bring richard serum; then he will get killed by yawn but due to same va; it also feels like chris is the one who dies rather than richard.

A weird nitpick of mine but ı wanted to express it.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I want to talk about something else in recv.

I dont like hcf reveal at all cause it feels so pointless. What's the point of revealing the unit's name if they arent gonna reveal the new organization's name at all? I've seen people refer to the organization as " hcf " even though it's simply an unit of rival org, not an actual organization.

I would have liked if wxc made it to the official release rather than staying buried as a planned idea. I dont think recv utilizes wesker's new organization well either.

I stopped having interest in that stuff. If Capcom themselves don't care enough to spill the beans, then we shouldn't care either. Sometimes, I think they just make things up, then get cold feet and never further it. At least not immediately.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I dont like re4,5 design for chris at all. He looks very similar to re4 leon and not as muscular as in the final game. I dont understand why he holds a silver ghost like leon in re4 either. Wesker in umbrella chronicles during 2003 portion also has the same problem.

I still like re4,5 more than re3,5 as well as scrapped ideas for re6 but that's one of the few things ı'm not a fan of.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
( In 2003... )

( After obtaining the key to open the safe )

" Dont do anything rash now. "

( After opening the safe )

" Wha... "

Wesker getting tricked by a small girl is so funny.

Top Bottom