• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I've been thinking about this and ı would have preferred if sewers didnt exist in re2. Instead the factory would be bigger and the police station would connect to that. The part where fighting zombies together with leon and ada is one of my favourite moments in the series. In re6, there are also intersection parts fighting against a threat and leon / ada teaming up during gameplay is expanded from re2.

I wished re engine 2 did this. Instead it cuts the factory and makes sewers unnecessarily big. And despite that, it still brings back the 2nd factory theme where it doesnt even fit. Not a fan of overused g monsters either. Honestly re engine just drags the quality to dirt as a follow up to corps. They have no redeeming qualities.

I think they just did it like that to save on having to design more areas. They were probably already behind schedule with the development, so to speed things along, they just made more G monsters in place of the spiders.

I honestly think that some people in the RE community don't care about cut content, which is pretty sad. One person on GameFAQs thought it was dumb of me to say Capcom didn't add the crows, since they only burst through one section. But they were in the original RE2, and the first original game overall, and the remake of the first game has crows, as well as spiders. So of course people will question Capcom's choice to remove things that fans may consider iconic, or necessary to be included for completion reasons.

And I don't like Ada's current dress code. They're trying to make her less sexy. But the original RE4 has that "the bitch in the red dress" line from Krauser. So once again, removing things and pissing off the fans and especially the character's devoted followers, I'd wholly proclaim to not being acceptable.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think they just did it like that to save on having to design more areas. They were probably already behind schedule with the development, so to speed things along, they just made more G monsters in place of the spiders.

I honestly think that some people in the RE community don't care about cut content, which is pretty sad. One person on GameFAQs thought it was dumb of me to say Capcom didn't add the crows, since they only burst through one section. But they were in the original RE2, and the first original game overall, and the remake of the first game has crows, as well as spiders. So of course people will question Capcom's choice to remove things that fans may consider iconic, or necessary to be included for completion reasons.

And I don't like Ada's current dress code. They're trying to make her less sexy. But the original RE4 has that "the bitch in the red dress" line from Krauser. So once again, removing things and pissing off the fans and especially the character's devoted followers, I'd wholly proclaim to not being acceptable.
I dont mind crows being cut but ı still wished they included a giant mutated crow like creature in the game that's a boss fight. Fighting the same g creatures felt repetitive, ı would have preferred if g was utilized for different types of monsters. In re6, this happens due to both g and t-veronica coming back but moon is too busy with the so called " realism " due to wesker's intentional oversight in regards to his simulations. He's truly obnoxious incel bait who still cant take a rejection well due to him simping like a colossal imbecile.

I wish Sally Cahill didn't retire from voicing Ada, and the same with Alyson Court playing Claire for probably longer than anyone else. Although their replacements are fine.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I wish Sally Cahill didn't retire from voicing Ada, and the same with Alyson Court playing Claire for probably longer than anyone else. Although their replacements are fine.
I agree about alyson court staying but ı would have preferred if courtenay taylor came back to voice ada for another entry along with leon voiced by matthew mercer. I find their relationship underwhelming in re engine 2 compared to their previous appearances where ı can get more emotion from their unhealthy toxic romance.

Capcom going non-union with english voice acting also feels cheap, even more so through bringing previous voice actors for different roles that dont fit them at all. Eventually they're gonna reach to a stop with moon and then what? Pull another " franchise saving game " and undermine remake and re4 more and more? Capcom's making those 2 games more and more overrated as time goes.

Well, I'm generally of the belief that Capcom kept the franchise going for the money, rather than the artistic side. I'm not saying they don't have any passion for what they do, and I wouldn't wanna discredit all of their hard work, but they drifted way off course, and in doing so, Capcom made the series become pretty dumbed down. And I really hate how they copy things from other games too, like how they put those mannequins in RE8 in that P.T. looking house.

That's Silent Hill level nonsense, which makes sense if it should occur in supernatural horror games, and that's just not something that truly even belongs in any RE storyline, even if yes, it is supposed to be a virus, or the mould crap, or whatever else they say it is. Although I think they just do this stuff to get fans talking and moaning in their direction through tweets, and whatnot. It shows. :(

All franchises get silly eventually anyway. Like Friday the 13th, for example. LOL. It originally began about a boy's crazy mother wanting revenge, because her son seemingly "died" in a lake. Then it turns out the boy didn't actually die, but he was living as a hermit in the nearby woods. He then ended up fighting a girl with psychic powers after several prior sequels of declining quality. Then what? He goes on a field trip aboard a ferry to New York. LMAO. Melts in the sewers beneath the streets, and revives his ass somehow, only to possess a coroner and other people, then fight Freddy, and go into outer space, fighting a guy's android sex pal. Oh my God. RE has pretty much ended up being like the Jason series of the console age. Ha-ha. :p

That's Silent Hill level nonsense, which makes sense if it should occur in supernatural horror games, and that's just not something that truly even belongs in any RE storyline, even if yes, it is supposed to be a virus, or the mould crap, or whatever else they say it is.
Not so long ago I saw similar mannequins too. During sleep paralysis. My mind was somewhat awake, but the body was asleep, so I couldn't move. And I started hallucinating with these dolls that were moving while I was blinking.

That being said, I don't see anything impossible in such an abstraction. People have nightmares, and these nightmares can take different forms. Needless to say, we even have a whole game about Claire's dream, Gun Survivor 2. As well as Alex Wesker's digital simulation.

Shadows of Rose revolves entirely around the science and metabolism of mold and even gives some contexts about it. And it's not even a whole game, just DLC for it.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Well, I'm generally of the belief that Capcom kept the franchise going for the money, rather than the artistic side. I'm not saying they don't have any passion for what they do, and I wouldn't wanna discredit all of their hard work, but they drifted way off course, and in doing so, Capcom made the series become pretty dumbed down. And I really hate how they copy things from other games too, like how they put those mannequins in RE8 in that P.T. looking house.

That's Silent Hill level nonsense, which makes sense if it should occur in supernatural horror games, and that's just not something that truly even belongs in any RE storyline, even if yes, it is supposed to be a virus, or the mould crap, or whatever else they say it is. Although I think they just do this stuff to get fans talking and moaning in their direction through tweets, and whatnot. It shows. :(

All franchises get silly eventually anyway. Like Friday the 13th, for example. LOL. It originally began about a boy's crazy mother wanting revenge, because her son seemingly "died" in a lake. Then it turns out the boy didn't actually die, but he was living as a hermit in the nearby woods. He then ended up fighting a girl with psychic powers after several prior sequels of declining quality. Then what? He goes on a field trip aboard a ferry to New York. LMAO. Melts in the sewers beneath the streets, and revives his ass somehow, only to possess a coroner and other people, then fight Freddy, and go into outer space, fighting a guy's android sex pal. Oh my God. RE has pretty much ended up being like the Jason series of the console age. Ha-ha. :p
I wished they just ended the series. I keep repeating myself about this but ı dislike corps and this is one of the many reasons ı dislike moon entries since they are following from it storywise. They didnt need to make wesker's " umbrella " exist literally, it would have been better just disappearing off screen. I dont understand why ı should be interested about that story aspect, umbrella already got a conclusion in outbreak file 2, they didnt need to invent that as a way to benefit wesker followed by destroying his mystery more and more. I would have preferred if mikami connected the cult and parasite to past rather than dismissing it along with quick references that doesnt amount of much anything. I think that's the entire reason miranda exists as a way to connect saddler and his cult to past storyline. Even though the way this is done doesnt feel natural and feels more forced, it could have been done earlier but mikami decided to invent an " umbrella " for wesker instead.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
They may end the mainline series, but then continue it somehow with a bunch of character specific spin off games. Therefore not really ending it. :D
I would like to believe they indeed ended the mainline series since corps and moon simulating direction feels like an uninspired spinoff series as a way to start from stratch. All they do is to keep producing re4 remakes while reimagining the past storyline at the same time. I miss the creativity during sugimura's and suga's eras when they were progressing from past.

Capcom probably should have remade RE1 again with the same engine as the 2 and 3 remakes. I don't think the remakes of 2 and 3 match the splendid feel of the 2002 remake, and something just doesn't feel right because of how different they are all presented. And of course, skipping CV to head right to 4 just proves they're only interested in the dough, which granted, has likely always been the case with the gaming or movies industry, and just the world of entertainment overall. But to be honest, I don't think Capcom would do an amazing job with CV anyway.

With their habit of cutting out things and stuff, they'd probably get us fans annoyed again when we see what's no longer included. And CV in my opinion, has awesome lighting. I couldn't see them even being able to do the lighting properly, as RE2 and 3 looks way too dark in every place you explore, except for a mere several rooms. It's like the colors have been washed out of your jumper. LOL.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Capcom probably should have remade RE1 again with the same engine as the 2 and 3 remakes. I don't think the remakes of 2 and 3 match the splendid feel of the 2002 remake, and something just doesn't feel right because of how different they are all presented. And of course, skipping CV to head right to 4 just proves they're only interested in the dough, which granted, has likely always been the case with the gaming or movies industry, and just the world of entertainment overall. But to be honest, I don't think Capcom would do an amazing job with CV anyway.

With their habit of cutting out things and stuff, they'd probably get us fans annoyed again when we see what's no longer included. And CV in my opinion, has awesome lighting. I couldn't see them even being able to do the lighting properly, as RE2 and 3 looks way too dark in every place you explore, except for a mere several rooms. It's like the colors have been washed out of your jumper. LOL.
I wouldnt mind if remake got a re engine treatment. I may not like it but from umbrella chronicles, remake retelling is my favourite part from scenarios when excluding extra ones. It doesnt have mo disc filler quest and partners chris with jill. Idk how re engine would showcase remake but even if ı wouldnt like it, ı would probably just dismiss it rather than acknowledging its story in the same way re engine 2 bothers me. I would prefer to see more lisa trevor of course cause she by herself makes remake, well remake.

I like how Capcom even copied the first RE movie from Paul Anderson, with the infamous laser corridor being in at least two RE games since. I don't like how they've decided to George Lucas the hell out of the story either.

What nips my head with some fans is that some people claim they love the series, but then they imply that the story has always sucked. Now granted, we know RE ain't supposed to be material to rival Hamlet, but I was invested in the whole series long, "We've gotta put a stop to Umbrella" gig, until Capcom just shrugged their shoulders one afternoon, and stopped giving a crap. Then RE4 came out.

OK. I'm not a RE4 hater because I think that RE4 sucks, or anything of the sort. But I hate RE4 because it took the formula of the other games, and basically shredded it. But as a RE game on its own, it's great.

But after that, just about every game has just gotten worse. I don't even feel invested in the main characters anymore. They feel like they're just included in the games so there's a link to the past, which is a bit ironic, since Capcom likely shuns that era since RE4 is their big money making title, and the rest just made RE4 a possibility. Much like how RE8 isn't much of a RE game until you find like one note at the end. And I'm like, wow. That's so interesting. Having one brief mention of Spencer knowing Miranda made the whole stupid adventure feel incredibly worthwhile. LOL.

Maybe RE9 will be about alien pods on an Umbrella station, situated above Mars. I don't know. But I'm not surprised by anything they do anymore.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I like how Capcom even copied the first RE movie from Paul Anderson, with the infamous laser corridor being in at least two RE games since. I don't like how they've decided to George Lucas the hell out of the story either.

What nips my head with some fans is that some people claim they love the series, but then they imply that the story has always sucked. Now granted, we know RE ain't supposed to be material to rival Hamlet, but I was invested in the whole series long, "We've gotta put a stop to Umbrella" gig, until Capcom just shrugged their shoulders one afternoon, and stopped giving a crap. Then RE4 came out.

OK. I'm not a RE4 hater because I think that RE4 sucks, or anything of the sort. But I hate RE4 because it took the formula of the other games, and basically shredded it. But as a RE game on its own, it's great.

But after that, just about every game has just gotten worse. I don't even feel invested in the main characters anymore. They feel like they're just included in the games so there's a link to the past, which is a bit ironic, since Capcom likely shuns that era since RE4 is their big money making title, and the rest just made RE4 a possibility. Much like how RE8 isn't much of a RE game until you find like one note at the end. And I'm like, wow. That's so interesting. Having one brief mention of Spencer knowing Miranda made the whole stupid adventure feel incredibly worthwhile. LOL.

Maybe RE9 will be about alien pods on an Umbrella station, situated above Mars. I don't know. But I'm not surprised by anything they do anymore.
For me the storyline was progressing from re1 to re6 along with gameplay structure also evolving but ever since corps, they keep pulling reboots constantly as a way to produce re4 remakes. Even anderson movies dont annoy me as much as corps and moon entries, sometimes ı even feel they cause unnecessary drama within the fandom despite not liking those movies or anderson.

Chris, Leon, and Jill all look horrible under the RE Engine. Claire ain't too bad. Ada looks a bit off too, but Leon has that Justin Bieber, soy boy look to him. :D

Carlos and Chris having the same meh voice actor isn't cool too. Blah. :(

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Chris, Leon, and Jill all look horrible under the RE Engine. Claire ain't too bad. Ada looks a bit off too, but Leon has that Justin Bieber, soy boy look to him. :D

Carlos and Chris having the same meh voice actor isn't cool too. Blah. :(
I dont mind the new face models that much but english voice acting feels like a step down from past ever since alyson court left claire. The new va for her did fine as they are but without alyson, claire doesnt feel like claire at all. As for ada, ı find it strange that jolene anderson voiced her in re engine 2. Previously she did mocap for ada and hunnigan in damnation. If they wanted, they could have brought back courtenay taylor but they didnt. She doesnt seem to voice ada in re engine 4 either, they switched her va again. There's even an interview with courtenay taylor where she voiced her desire to voice ada again if they would solve the relationship between ada and leon in a future story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom