• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

Ada seems to be like the new Jill. For new storylines, Jill was gone for years. Now it seems to be Ada, at least out of the primary characters. She last appeared (in terms of the timeline) in RE6.
At least jill appeared in rerev which while being a prequel to re5 is still a new game story. Ada however never appeared in a new game story after re6, not including re:2-4 which arent ones. Both jill and ada's last new game stories were in 2012 despite rerev being a prequel to re5. If you include rerev, then it took jill 11 years to appear in a new story even though they did it in a film with jill's appearance being taken from re:3. Meanwhile ada still didnt.

Yeah, it still bothers me how Jill looks pretty much the same in 2015 as she did in 1998. What the hell? I would have expected to see at least a little bit of a change, if not with her physical looks, then her attire.

Yeah, it still bothers me how Jill looks pretty much the same in 2015 as she did in 1998. What the hell? I would have expected to see at least a little bit of a change, if not with her physical looks, then her attire.
Me too. I would have preferred to see her wear a bsaa outfit but she still wanders around with tank top and jeans like in re:3. I cant even like the characters in death island that much with leon being an exception cause he's still kept consistent enough to re6 like in vendetta, ı couldnt even enjoy him in infinite darkness but ı can still like him enough in death island.

I was continuing to play re2 from gog store and ı noticed that ı unlocked rocket launcher for claire b scenario. I'm playing that now and after finishing it, ı'm gonna play leon b last. Overall ı'm glad to have the game there.

I definitely wouldn't mind having the characters retire or die in a heroic way. But this need to whore out too many sequels is crazy. It's why RE has stopped being survival horror, and while the games are still good, I do miss how they used to be more tension filled.

They could still maybe use them in cameos, like how Chris came on the chopper to help Ethan. You see, RE7 was a good start, and while I don't think it quite has all the bells and whistles of what I love, it was a good effort. I'd love to see new, ordinary type characters. Not just military or law enforcement kinds.

But the next time this happens, I really don't want to find out they've been hiding his or her face, even in the third person perspective.

I fully finished re2 on gog store. Overall enjoyed the experience well with the game. I finished the scenarios on arrange mode which has auto aim that's missing from og mode. The lack of auto aim also carries over to other modes except arrange.

I seen a bit of Hollowbody on YouTube, and I can tell these games are missing the 'D' pad controls. Seems like a cool game nonetheless, with great camera angles from all directions, with a SH2 style third person opening section on a beach near a cave.

By the way...

I got a message from Carlos on Umbrella Online, assuming I posted on a site called Medium at him. I hadn't heard of this site before, although I came across it while looking up my handle. But I just told him I never replied to the post, and that it is an idiot using an impersonation profile.

So ı found these videos.

bandicam 2024-09-15 16-36-42-037.jpg

bandicam 2024-09-15 16-37-20-737.jpg

And ı took these images. I find it hilarious that in re:4, they dont refer to wesker by his actual name but in re4, he's fully described by his name along with his product code. But anyway wesker in re4's mercenaries is the only time when re4 feels like a virus story due to wesker carrying the virus. In re:4, they utilize him more in the story unlike og game where he simply sits on his chair but as far as mercenaries is concerned, ı think ı enjoy re4 more than re:4 cause to me it's more enjoyable as a whole. With re:4, ı only care about ada while in re4, ı played with all characters during all maps to get all s ranks with them to unlock handcannon for the story even though ı dont use it that much cause the base game is easy enough to beat without it.

So according to Dusk Golem, the remakes of RE0 and CV could be underwhelming.

🤔

Right. So obviously they put effort into the RE4 remake, because it's freaking RE4. No fanboy would have been happy if they had let M-Two screw it up. But if he's actually right, where does the loyalty lay with Capcom?

I'm kind of surprised that Capcom is not remaking RE1 (again) in the style of RE2, 3 and 4.

Why remake RE0 first, though? To be honest, 0 isn't exactly renowned. The reviews for the game were lukewarm. I also feel that CV is not very appreciated. A bad remake could only lessen people's opinions on it.

Fingers crossed that the remakes aren't completely going to be messed up.

Top Bottom