• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

I think I'll start playing more PC games. This console generation only has new games sporadically compared to how it had been in 2002, and so on. But games take ages to develop nowadays, which factors into the extended waiting time one has as well.

I think I'll start playing more PC games. This console generation only has new games sporadically compared to how it had been in 2002, and so on. But games take ages to develop nowadays, which factors into the extended waiting time one has as well.
On pc, it's more easier to have access to a wider range of games, especially when you can also download many of them without having to buy them plus the way ı can play some of the games through emulators for example.

I found this. I dont remember if ı read this before but it lists interesting info about re2.

" ...When I was a kid, my family were involved in heinous crimes and I lost them all at once. I was the only one who survived. I could've died, but a police officer took it upon himself to save me. I wanted to become a cop as well, in order to save as many people as I could. That's what made me decide to become a cop. "

Here leon mentions his childhood which was also mentioned in vendetta as the person that leon wanted to become. He says that he wanted to become a cop cause of being saved by another one who inspired him to become one. The thing ı dont understand is how leon isnt supposed to be optimistic after re2 as an agent even though regardless of his profession, he was always someone who wanted to save lives. How does that make him " irrelevant " , " side character " or even " boring " ı still dont understand. He isnt even one of my favourites and yet ı saw plenty disliking him before re:2, cause of that game, ı came to dislike leon's appearances released since that game. Re:2-4 fans usually say things like " Leon's character is fixed in those games. " , " He isnt a simp unlike pre-re:2 stories. " or " He became a deep and complex character in re:2-4. " etc. I'm tired of leon and his og characterization being trumped under by the obnoxious fandom and ı still prefer chris, claire, ada, sherry and barry over him. If leon isnt supposed to have his optimistic charm after re2, then why would he have it in re2 either, especially when according to this info, it's stated that he lost his family due to them being involved in heinous crimes as part of a mafia. And if that's not enough, ada is also described as " criminal " by some even though she was never described that way unlike how leon's family is stated here.

" What's that lighter? "

" This? It's a memento from my dad. It's not that valuable, but I always carry it because it gives me courage, as if my dad's watching me... I don't smoke, by the way. Guys who don't smoke are more attractive nowadays, right? "

This one also states that leon isnt a smoker and him carrying his lighter seems to be a way to honor his dad. He himself even mentions this in re4 and it's never stated that he lost his lighter either. How would he be lacking optimism from re4 to re6 even though it's still never stated that he lost that important item of his? He still looks very attractive in re6 for his age, ı prefer to play as helena and being able to inspect leon's face by zooming on him with sniper rifle is one of the reasons. I find him noticably handsome and capable in re6 than other stories, he even has the knife scar from krauser on his face, same as damnation where ı like him there just like ı do in re6 for the same reasons. But saying this in a more public place would probably get harassed by someone else, ı saw some anti-leon fans calling leon fans as " gay " just cause they like leon. ugh this fandom is embarrassing

I still wonder about leon's girlfriend in re2. I always liked that and found it relatable for the character. I think cause of their backstories, leon and ada were able to bond towards each other in og stories but they ruined that in re:2 ı feel. I cant dislike enough how much ı hate leon and ada's re:2fake portrayals. They are so annoying in that game and ı dislike that those are their most popular portrayal as well.

I also wonder about jill's boyfriend stated in the same game, instead it's replaced by a stupid dog, ı still cant understand that.

I also wish jake's mom was known.

( After re6's story, claire and sherry meet )

Mom! I need you to continue the redfield bloodline with jake! Please mom! I saved him as an agent during my 1st mission! We even have our numbers between each other! You can do this mom! Do this for the redfield bloodline my mom!

Shill? More like sheva-jill -> Shill

3bbc294a05a7e96ded4cbf8f5ee4a369.jpg

I think valenfield and nivanfield shippings are boring. They come off confusing whether they refer to chris or claire with the " field " part so rather than those, better titles would be...

Chris and jill need to chill
Claire and jill should do some clill
Chris and piers chers
Claire and piers clers

Also cleon might as well be the most boring shipping, ı still cant stand to " Leon continue the redfield bloodline with claire " memes. Cleon can also mean " chris and leon " since chris' name starts with c letter just like claire's name does. Clennedy sounds like a better title since there's only one kennedy but ı still dont find that overrated pairing interesting.

So there's a guy on YouTube who live streams, and he recently decided he'd rather use Kick for his broadcasts, apparently because you can act like a bigger jerk on that platform and get away with it. So I went to watch him. And it's pointless.

I was just talking about how the bakery in the mall in one of the Silent Hill locations has nice graphics for a PS2 game. And then he said everything I say is random. It's not troubling me. I couldn't give a shit. You know? 😋

Meh. But why do you get pricks like that on gaming channels? I mean, it's really just for fun. For a bit of friendly chat. But I don't know. They always act really snide with their silk-stocking tactics online.

Here is some fresh breed, yo! 🍞 😅

Re1: Chris > Barry > Rebecca > Richard > Jill > Deceased stars members > Umbrella > Wesker

Re2: Claire > Ada > William = Annette > Leon = Sherry > Kendo > Marvin > Umbrella > Hunk > Irons > Ben

Re3: Mikhail > Nemesis > Nikolai > Jill > Carlos > Umbrella > Remaining ubcs > Dario = Brad

Survivor: Ark > Lott = Lily > Umbrella > Vincent

Recv-survivor 2: Chris = Claire > Alexia > Alfred > Alexander = Nosferatu > Ashford family > Rodrigo > Steve > Umbrella > Wesker > Nemesis

Gaiden: Barry > Leon = Lucia > Umbrella

Remake: Lisa trevor > Jill > Chris = Richard > Barry > Umbrella > Wesker > Rebecca > Deceased stars members

Re0: Marcus = Queen leech > Rebecca > Umbrella > Wesker = William > Billy

Dead aim: Fong ling > Usstratcom > Other government agencies > Bruce > Umbrella > Morpheus

Outbreak games: Kevin > David > George > Cindy > Alyssa > Yoko > Mark > Marvin > Nikolai > Umbrella > Jim

Re4: Ada > Leon = Hunnigan = Krauser > Usstratcom > Other government agencies > Ashley > Luis > Los iluminados > Umbrella = Wesker

Umbrella chronicles-prelude to the fall: Jill = Wesker = Lisa trevor = Anna > Chris > Ada = Hunk > Rebecca = Richard > Billy = Carlos > Umbrella = Marcus = Queen leech = William > Nemesis > Sergei

Degeneration: Claire > Leon = Hunnigan > Usstratcom > Other government agencies > Rani > Angela = Curtis > Greg > Umbrella = Downing = Wp corp > Ron davis

Re5: Chris > Sheva > Jill > Josh = Bsaa operatives > Excella = Tricell > Irving > Wesker = Spencer

Darkside chronicles: Chris = Claire > Leon = Sherry = Ada = William = Annette = Steve = Alfred = Alexander = Nosferatu = Krauser = Manuela = Hilda > Usstratcom > Other government agencies > Alexia > Javier = Sacred snakes > Kendo = Marvin = Hunk = Ben > Umbrella > Wesker

Rerev: Chris > Keith = Quint > O'brian > Norman = ıı veltro > Parker > Jessica > Raymond > Jill > Rachel > Lansdale = Fbc

Damnation: Ada > Leon = Hunnigan = Buddy = Ataman > Usstratcom > Svetlana > Jd

Rerev2: Barry = Claire > Moira = Evgeny > Alex = Natalia > Neil > Pedro > Gabe

Re6-prequels: Chris > Ada = Carla > Sherry > Rebecca = Piers = Merah > Bindi = Nanan > Ricky = Doug wright > The family > Neo umbrella > Benford = Dso = Fos > Leon = Hunnigan = Helena = Deborah > Jake > Marco > Other government agencies > Other deceased bsaa operatives in re6 > Ustanak > Bsaa operatives > Finn > Simmons > Remaining characters from the game > Remaining characters from the prequels

More character rankings ı did based on my preferences. In this one, ı ranked the characters within the stories separately though ı still combined some stories. Hope ı didnt forget any.

I always wondered if Nicholai actually survives the events of Raccoon City, because in Outbreak, he is seen standing at a crater. Of course, this could be taking place prior to RE3.

Like most RE stuff from yesteryear, I lose hope for Capcom returning to any old storylines, and so on. This is why a DLC based game or weekly animated series would be amazing, in my opinion. This would be way more productive than churning out all these reboots and spin off media, that is its own thing. That way, a lot of heroes and villains from a long time ago could finally make their return to the franchise. Because I know others are infuriated over it too.

Jake. Angela. Barry. Billy. Natalia. Moira. Sheva. Josh. The list could go on.

He was fired from WWE years ago. 😅

As for RE related views...

I think Alex Wesker is too important of a villain to be forgotten, right? So if Capcom decides to get it together, she needs to return. I wouldn't even mind if Barry was to bite the bullet. As iconic as he is, he's old. His death would be a great set up for the ex STARS members seeking revenge.

However, Capcom just hasn't got the family jewels to kill off any character. But a strong villain needs to have an impactful death, and I think Barry would be a perfect candidate.

At this point, I feel like the whole RE franchise has been backwalled due to the switch to action. Now everybody has some de-aging pathogen affecting them, seemingly so their MCU like cast can return repeatedly into the future. But every game has too much action, I think. Even when they briefly return to horror with RE7 or something, to get people thinking they're gonna change for the better, it quickly goes back to full on shoot 'em up territory. Although I prefer the more creepy, mystery feel. Like how RE3 the original was, when you had a shift in atmosphere via its music. It had the right balance, but RE4 was when it got too corny. 😪

I still think a merchant being in RE was what "killed" the survival part. As I just prefer finding your stuff as opposed to trading currency for it. I never found the idea of doing business all that realistic. Most people would just shoot the guy, and run away with his supplies. So it's kind of dumb. Funny, but still a load of nonsense. 😁

I finished claire a scenario of re2 from gog version. I played arrange version which features auto aim unlike original version and overall it was still easy enough to be enjoyable. I finished it without applying patches unlike re1's gog version where ı'm playing that with patches applied so ı still find it better than the 1st game. Gonna play the remaining scenarios by following up with leon a, claire b and leon b.

Top Bottom