• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

So is there another Wesker? 😐

No wonder. Ever since that game in 2016, capcom has been breaking the previous storyline of the series so painfully. It started with that game and is still continuing after it.

" Do not concern yourself with things you cannot hope to understand " Even capcom desires the players to not think as much before blindly accept what they offer instead.

Also ı'm still trying re2's gog version for pc and ı still dont find myself enjoying it compared to its other releases like gamecube and ps3. I just dont feel like pc version of re2 is put as much effort by capcom back in 1999. Still glad that gog wanted to make older games more available but the lack of auto aim cripples the gameplay for me. It's available on arrange mode which from my experience of playing it changes or removes some items but ı still would prefer to play og difficulty with auto aim available.

No wonder. Ever since that game in 2016, capcom has been breaking the previous storyline of the series so painfully. It started with that game and is still continuing after it.

" Do not concern yourself with things you cannot hope to understand " Even capcom desires the players to not think as much before blindly accept what they offer instead.
I don't know if you saw the Alien movies, but in the third movie, Ellen Ripley sacrifices herself so the queen Xenomorph cannot be studied by the human version of Bishop. So she falls into the molten iron at the end of that film.

With Hollywood though, they cannot let anything burn. No pun intended. So they cloned her with DNA found... where, exactly? It just felt to me as if they were just making up things as they went along - which Capcom certainly enjoys doing too. But maybe they got a sample of her blood from a syringe one of the cons used in the prison. She did have a minor relationship with the guy played by Charles Dance.

So while this probably isn't the real Wesker, it stinks of desperation for the sake of Wesker returning.

I don't know if you saw the Alien movies, but in the third movie, Ellen Ripley sacrifices herself so the queen Xenomorph cannot be studied by the human version of Bishop. So she falls into the molten iron at the end of that film.

With Hollywood though, they cannot let anything burn. No pun intended. So they cloned her with DNA found... where, exactly? It just felt to me as if they were just making up things as they went along - which Capcom certainly enjoys doing too. But maybe they got a sample of her blood from a syringe one of the cons used in the prison. She did have a minor relationship with the guy played by Charles Dance.

So while this probably isn't the real Wesker, it stinks of desperation for the sake of Wesker returning.
I didnt watch those films so ı cant comment about that topic. The series was always inspired by those types of films though.

Thinking more about this, it's possible that ı might have tried re3 and re2 by downloading their pc versions from somewhere. But ı probably just gave up at the time cause ı wasnt enjoying myself by playing those games that way. I later found out about emulation method and ı found dolphin emulator the best way to play those games through that but playing re2 from its pc release reminded me why ı was put off by it back in 2016. I'm still glad ı have re2 and re3 on ps3 though, it's a good way to play those games, ı wished they were also available on ps4 by buying their ps3 releases much like how re1 is available to play on ps4 after buying it from ps3 store.

Well, I reckon the *NEW* Wesker is the head of that Blue Umbrella, which I hope Capcom returns to soon, if not further explored in RE9, then at least relatively soon.

I know they aren't really called blue anything. But I call them that to show they are not the original, red Umbrella. Or maybe they are. But the logo was changed. See how confusing this all is? 😵

Either way, if they can now transfer minds into victims, cloning villains who died in lava should be way more simplistic. 😎 😎

I also dont understand why someone would clone wesker. It wouldnt be any different from bringing back those 1st 11 test subjects who died during project w. In rerev2's guidebooks, they state about wesker achieving immortality and even before re5, birkin's note states about the infected being able to regenerate from anything as long as a tissue fragment remains. All they have to say is a piece of wesker's flesh wasnt burned by the lava and he would automatically form a full body from that. And the concept of mind transfer goes back to 1998 in the series, ever since north sea book even though it's not a game so rerev2 is still the 1st game in the series who utilized mind transfer as part of the game's plot.

Yeah. Capcom has been jumping the [Neptune] shark ever since RE4.

Once they shifted from viruses to parasites and bringing in cult leaders, it went and ended up being so silly. Although like @russident said before, the series has always been rooted in gothic vibes. So as daft as all the subsequent plot stuff may seem, it's still plausible from a story standpoint that there are lords in castles, and whatnot.

Yeah. Capcom has been jumping the [Neptune] shark ever since RE4.

Once they shifted from viruses to parasites and bringing in cult leaders, it went and ended up being so silly. Although like @russident said before, the series has always been rooted in gothic vibes. So as daft as all the subsequent plot stuff may seem, it's still plausible from a story standpoint that there are lords in castles, and whatnot.
In re2, you also fight alligator in the sewers which comes off as " jumping the shark " that ı enjoy but ı agree about the non-virus story aspects like plaga and mold. I always saw progenitor virus as the most important story aspect of the series and it definitely feels more important for me than umbrella and wesker which are overrated in my eyes.

Recently, I bought a movie called Alligator with Robert Forster playing a detective, who goes into the sewers below Chicago, I believe. I think the giant gator served as an inspiration for the boss you face in RE2.

There was a similar Thai movie out a year previously, called Crocodile.

There's a few games out soon to keep an eye on. Hollowbody being one. Another is Post Trauma. Anything new about Resident Evil is up in the air until Capcom decides to talk about something.

I hope Konami will have news on f soon and Townfall. They never showed any gameplay in those '22 trailers. I don't wanna say that's a red flag, but I think companies need to remember they're advertising for a game and not a movie. But I reckon the Japanese one is likely to be about the origins of the Sakura Head, which is the cherry blossom covered monster you run away from a lot in The Short Message.

I also hope these games have combat, and a story worth a shit for fans.

Played re3 again after some time and ı still didnt find it that difficult. With nemesis, ı battled it starting from the point where you can stun the monster through environment to drop loot and ı was able to get the drops easy enough. I didnt battle it at rpd though, ı dont prefer to battle the monster there cause ı dont like the last 2 drops since they are already items that can be used rather than eagle 6.0 and western custom which are new weapons.

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about the remake, until I seen the names of the weapons.

How funny is it that you can explore more of the city in the 1999 game than the first 30 minutes of the remake combined? 😛

I also noticed in RE2, the zombies behind the gate to the RPD never die. How odd. 🤔

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about the remake, until I seen the names of the weapons.

How funny is it that you can explore more of the city in the 1999 game than the first 30 minutes of the remake combined? 😛

I also noticed in RE2, the zombies behind the gate to the RPD never die. How odd. 🤔
No ı stated before that ı'm not gonna play re:3. I only played it once and never again, not to mention it mocks re6 with that easter egg that ı saw being described on internet. I played re3's europe version on dolphin emulator to refresh memory of mine but ı still didnt find it that difficult. It's fun but relatively easy enough for a mode that's described as " hard " .

While I'm here, have you played Dino Crisis before?

I thought the first game was great. The second game was good, but it was a shooter and not survival horror.

3 was utter crap. It had nothing to do with Regina anyway, and the PS3 version was cancelled. You had to battle mutated dinosaurs in space, and use a jetpack to get around levels.

A remake is long overdue. But to be honest, Capcom's track record has put me off.

While I'm here, have you played Dino Crisis before?

I thought the first game was great. The second game was good, but it was a shooter and not survival horror.

3 was utter crap. It had nothing to do with Regina anyway, and the PS3 version was cancelled. You had to battle mutated dinosaurs in space, and use a jetpack to get around levels.

A remake is long overdue. But to be honest, Capcom's track record has put me off.

No ı havent played any dino crisis game. 2nd game interests me the most, there's also dino stalker which seems to be a gun survivor entry despite not having resident evil title. I'm also aware of the 3rd game being hated but ı never liked the concepts of black sheep entries within the fandoms.

Top Bottom