• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

:ROFLMAO:

Finally! An update for RE8 has provided Ethan with a face. And he can now be played, at long last, in third person...

The new DLC with Rosemary looks freaking awesome.

You are welcome. :)

Generational gaps have really shrunk more than I even thought they would have. UE5 looks really nice, but the jump from RE to Remake was insane in 6 years, now it's less RE4 to RE4make and it's been 17 years.

In the third person mode that Capcom will include for Resident Evil Village, do you think they will still hide Ethan's face? ;)

His face is so mysterious, that even with the change in perspective, it has to stay hidden. :D

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So here's a random thought that ı want to express after thinking about it:

I actually dont mind re3 retelling of umbrella chronicles that much. I still think it's weakest one from all retellings and it's extremely rushed along with outbreak games assets being brought back ( Though ı dont mind reusing assets from those 2 games either since ı like outbreak games. ) but looking back; ı think ı prefer it over re0 retelling tbh. ( Also billy is voiced by 2 va for some reason. )

I was also comparing re3 retelling to re engine 3 and ı think ı like jill and carlos more in umbrella chronicles compared to 2020 game. Especially since patricia ja lee is my favourite va for her right after catherine disher and ı enjoy her voice acting more than re engine 3. As for carlos; ı think he has the accent from og game while in re engine 3; he's changed way too much.

I still dont have a preference between both of them though and ı prefer og game over both of them but there's that aspect that ı like in re3 retelling more than re engine 3.

I always say to people too, that they are better than the remakes we got. Jill actually still looked like Jill. She looks terrible in the remake, truth be told. And the story was not as much of a hack job.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I always say to people too, that they are better than the remakes we got. Jill actually still looked like Jill. She looks terrible in the remake, truth be told. And the story was not as much of a hack job.
I think jill is ok in re engine 3. She could have been better but she was still a slight improvement over protagonists in re engine 2. And storywise the game doesnt bother me as much as 2019 game either.

Yama

Owner
I think jill is ok in re engine 3. She could have been better but she was still a slight improvement over protagonists in re engine 2. And storywise the game doesnt bother me as much as 2019 game either.
The lore we received in RE:3 was rock solid, as was the music. It improved on RE:2 in those two areas, but the sheer amount of content cut makes those improvements a moot point.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The lore we received in RE:3 was rock solid, as was the music. It improved on RE:2 in those two areas, but the sheer amount of content cut makes those improvements a moot point.
I understand and yes ı'm not a big fan of cut content for the most part either but regardless of the cuts and changes; re engine 2 still annoys me more than 2020 game. Thankfully they arent replacements for og games and simply exist with them even if it's confusing to try to figure out how the events happened.

That's what they probably should have been working on, instead of that "Project Resistance" crap. With all of the modern technology for online gaming, it seems like yet another squandered opportunity.

Yama

Owner
Yeah.

Wish we could get an RE multiplayer title that wasn't treated as a spur of the moment, maybe 1 or 2 years then they abandon it, thing.
The closest thing to OB we may get is the upcoming TLOU multiplayer game, said to have a story as big as the single player games but being totally online. I wish it was Biohazard, but we're getting the likes of REverse instead and I can't help but cringe at just how tone deaf that game is. I'm genuinely open to new things, but come on... 😅

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
A random thought but ı want to talk about water based creatures.

Imo the only monsters that ı like from those types in the series are alligator in re2, survivor, darkside chronicles and even re engine 2 along with brzak in re6. I like that rerev is more based on sea which is interesting in premise but at the same time most of the monsters are boring there.

The ones that feel the most irritating to me are del lago in re4, crocodiles in re5 as well as gators in re7 end of zoe.

A random thought but ı want to talk about water based creatures.

Imo the only monsters that ı like from those types in the series are alligator in re2, survivor, darkside chronicles and even re engine 2 along with brzak in re6. I like that rerev is more based on sea which is interesting in premise but at the same time most of the monsters are boring there.

The ones that feel the most irritating to me are del lago in re4, crocodiles in re5 as well as gators in re7 end of zoe.
I'm mixed on Del Lago, decent fight but not base mechanics however the lake itself at the time was so unique. Plus the special death scene

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I'm mixed on Del Lago, decent fight but not base mechanics however the lake itself at the time was so unique. Plus the special death scene
The lake is kinda small though, ı like that it can lead to another area where merchant resides but other than that; ı like the one in re5 a lot more. That's a good place to farm money but ı still dont like crocodiles at one part of that area.

The death scene doesnt feel that special either, ı think ı like brzak death scene in re6 more cause the animation is kinda hilarious due to how fast it happens.

Top Bottom