• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I find the game a step down from re6 in many, many ways. And yeah it feels like a spinoff, even more so after considering rerev games as one due to confirmation from devs as well.

The way it's numbered is also not so creative. It hides its number while being called both " resident evil " and " biohazard " in both covers. At least the letters arent lowercased but still. Oh and " resident evil " isnt announced when you start the game either.

I think the same things also apply to revillage, more reasons to not play the game really. When next entry gets released, ı can just check the story by watching it on youtube, reading its summary on wiki and being done with it.

They are gonna have to make a real start on this, 'Umbrella is back' thing. One theory I have is that the BSAA are actually villainous in disguise, and Chris is another pawn.

I know they've kind of always been there, manipulating things behind the scenes, and that's what makes the franchise maintain its intriguing ways. But I meant having them directly involved. They just constantly mention Umbrella in every game, as if they're a one trick pony. Capcom really knows how to keep people bored and interested at the same time.

It's bad enough that a lot of the main characters are getting older and not being used, at least for new games. But the story to me feels like it's all separate sub-plots nowadays, and it creates the impression they just do this to pad it out. But it gets to be rather obvious that they're trying to expand it out as much as possible.

Also, I don't like the way some games end. Like, what was Ada's next mission going to be when she got that call? RE6 was out 10 years ago.

I think Capcom is half-ignoring RE6 because of the fact it wasn't as well received as some other games were. So that's yet another story they just threw in, to then neglect afterwards. Meanwhile, three games about Ethan Winters is the better option in their eyes. But it's annoying how you only see parts of his body, and hear him speak. It's not the same as seeing Joel Miller or whoever, you control in these similar horror games.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Ok so this came into my mind and ı want to express it here.

Does anyone else wish re3 was a full prequel to re2 and featured chris and rebecca in the game as another scenario type? ( Barry would still arrive later to save them. )

I checked this file from re2:

Most important part:

" Anyway, the three of us have talked it over and decided to fly to Europe, where Umbrella's based, in order to conduct a covert investigation. "

With re3, this is changed to jill staying in raccoon to investigate the people as well as find out info about umbrella's base in europe.

The problem is imo chris didnt need to travel to europe alone earlier. I wished he was in raccoon as well along with rebecca where he also investigated umbrella.

Imo re3 should have also had only 2 scenarios similar to re2 where they connect ( No a and b system though cause that feels unnecessary. ) and one scenario would be chris with his partner being rebecca and the other one as usual, jill with her partner being carlos.

I would change the story more so that it would only set before re2 instead of its 2nd half being set after re2. Those 4 characters would escape and defeat nemesis together while being saved by barry. It would end at an earlier time.

The important story bits would happen. Like jill getting infected by nemesis except it wouldnt take the characters an unnecessarily long time to find the vaccine for her.

In regards to re2, it would take place after re3 except its events being extended somewhat. Either its events starting a bit late or its events being extended by other means like the characters taking a longer time to find birkin's lab.

The story would happen as usual except claire and leon would be the ones who would witness the bombing of raccoon instead of jill and carlos. Ada's escape would happen as usual like in death's door.

Now moving on to recv, it would have 3 scenario pairs. Chris and rebecca, jill and carlos as well as claire and steve as usual. Claire's story would happen 1st as usual where she would try to find her brother while being captured in the process.

Leon would tell her captured location to chris ( I wouldnt mind if they told he interacted with jill too. ) and instead of only chris arriving, 4 characters would arrive and they would go to rockfort ( and later antarctic base ) through different parts.

The story would happen similar to re6 where they regroup at certain points then split up.

I would also make steve survive as well as make t-veronica be obtained through nosferatu's corpse. No need to get steve infected honestly.

The end of recv's story would be those 4 characters facing against alexia together after they regroup. They would also discover documents about more info for umbrella.

Imo through this, re2, re3 and recv ( along with outbreak games ) would feel more like an actual re2. I think it would be interesting.

But anyway, this is a what if scenario type that after thinking about it, ı wanted to make. Anyone have more ideas?

Ok so this came into my mind and ı want to express it here.

Does anyone else wish re3 was a full prequel to re2 and featured chris and rebecca in the game as another scenario type? ( Barry would still arrive later to save them. )

I checked this file from re2:

Most important part:

" Anyway, the three of us have talked it over and decided to fly to Europe, where Umbrella's based, in order to conduct a covert investigation. "

With re3, this is changed to jill staying in raccoon to investigate the people as well as find out info about umbrella's base in europe.

The problem is imo chris didnt need to travel to europe alone earlier. I wished he was in raccoon as well along with rebecca where he also investigated umbrella.

Imo re3 should have also had only 2 scenarios similar to re2 where they connect ( No a and b system though cause that feels unnecessary. ) and one scenario would be chris with his partner being rebecca and the other one as usual, jill with her partner being carlos.

I would change the story more so that it would only set before re2 instead of its 2nd half being set after re2. Those 4 characters would escape and defeat nemesis together while being saved by barry. It would end at an earlier time.

The important story bits would happen. Like jill getting infected by nemesis except it wouldnt take the characters an unnecessarily long time to find the vaccine for her.

In regards to re2, it would take place after re3 except its events being extended somewhat. Either its events starting a bit late or its events being extended by other means like the characters taking a longer time to find birkin's lab.

The story would happen as usual except claire and leon would be the ones who would witness the bombing of raccoon instead of jill and carlos. Ada's escape would happen as usual like in death's door.

Now moving on to recv, it would have 3 scenario pairs. Chris and rebecca, jill and carlos as well as claire and steve as usual. Claire's story would happen 1st as usual where she would try to find her brother while being captured in the process.

Leon would tell her captured location to chris ( I wouldnt mind if they told he interacted with jill too. ) and instead of only chris arriving, 4 characters would arrive and they would go to rockfort ( and later antarctic base ) through different parts.

The story would happen similar to re6 where they regroup at certain points then split up.

I would also make steve survive as well as make t-veronica be obtained through nosferatu's corpse. No need to get steve infected honestly.

The end of recv's story would be those 4 characters facing against alexia together after they regroup. They would also discover documents about more info for umbrella.

Imo through this, re2, re3 and recv ( along with outbreak games ) would feel more like an actual re2. I think it would be interesting.

But anyway, this is a what if scenario type that after thinking about it, ı wanted to make. Anyone have more ideas?
If Chris hadn't taken off alone to Europe though, then what reason would Claire have to break into an Umbrella facility looking for his whereabouts, which results in CV? Also, it seems like too much at that time to have all those characters having stories going on at the same time in the same game. 6 gets a pass with even more characters because it was a celebration of the series, whereas with CV it was meant to finish off one plotline, as well as show what the next one would be. I get wanting more Jill but the previous game featured her, and the story of Claire trying to find her brother was one that needed an end. There's also the fact that the two siblings are supposed to be a contrast to Alexia and Alfred, so having more fan favorite characters would probably take away from that. I think a good idea might be a prequel-esque story to Code Veronica, showing what Chris was doing in his investigations. Maybe inflitrating abandoned Umbrella facilities full of B.O.W.s? And maybe towards the end you face off against teams of the B.O.W. soldiers from Survivor, sent there to clean up anything that shouldn't be there anymore (I get that the game wasn't good, but those guys looked way too succesful as expendable bioweapons to not being back, not to mention they could follow orders, a feat Umbrella had only been able to perform in T-103 Tyrants at the time). Anything more than just looking at girls and thinking, "She looks about as old as my sister."

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
If Chris hadn't taken off alone to Europe though, then what reason would Claire have to break into an Umbrella facility looking for his whereabouts, which results in CV?
Cause of her brother missing after the events of ( new ) re3? He would escape with the characters then they would go to europe for their investigation until leon tells them about claire. Plus he still wouldnt contact her in my new take which was another reason claire was looking for him. ( That file that ı shared says chris would go to europe with jill and barry so during re2's development, it seems that it was planned about chris going to europe with other characters and claire still looking for him. So ı dont see any issue about that. )

Also, it seems like too much at that time to have all those characters having stories going on at the same time in the same game.
I dont think it's too much. Outbreak games have plenty of playable characters as well, ı wouldnt mind re3 and recv to be more similar to those games.

I get wanting more Jill but the previous game featured her, and the story of Claire trying to find her brother was one that needed an end.
Idk if you know this but they planned jill to appear in recv before scrapping this and switching over to claire instead. She was blonde for some reason. In my new what if take, she wouldnt be blonde and instead stick with chris, rebecca and carlos. ( Barry would continue to be with his family after saving them from raccoon. ) The story of claire trying to find her brother would still happen.

There's also the fact that the two siblings are supposed to be a contrast to Alexia and Alfred, so having more fan favorite characters would probably take away from that.
I dont think so. Claire and chris arent the only returning characters in recv. Wesker returns too. According to that, then wesker shouldnt be in recv either. I dont see how having more characters would take away from that since claire and chris would still be in the game.

I think a good idea might be a prequel-esque story to Code Veronica, showing what Chris was doing in his investigations. Maybe inflitrating abandoned Umbrella facilities full of B.O.W.s? And maybe towards the end you face off against teams of the B.O.W. soldiers from Survivor, sent there to clean up anything that shouldn't be there anymore (I get that the game wasn't good, but those guys looked way too succesful as expendable bioweapons to not being back, not to mention they could follow orders, a feat Umbrella had only been able to perform in T-103 Tyrants at the time). Anything more than just looking at girls and thinking, "She looks about as old as my sister."
That sounds interesting. I wouldnt make it only for chris though. I would also add jill, rebecca and carlos to that prequel.

But anyway looking back, ı forgot to add more things.

I would change this:

To:

" The end of recv's story would be all 6 characters facing against alexia together after they regroup. They would also discover documents about more info for umbrella. " Idk why ı didnt add claire and steve there for some reason.

I would also make nosferatu make more durable where he wouldnt die after the battle with claire while appearing as a boss fight for the later sections. After he would finally be killed; ( I wouldnt mind if he replaced giant black widow either. ) his corpse would be left alone where wesker would obtain t-veronica from it instead of taking steve's body and obtaining it from that.

I dont think so. Claire and chris arent the only returning characters in recv. Wesker returns too. According to that, then wesker shouldnt be in recv either. I dont see how having more characters would take away from that since claire and chris would still be in the game.
Not what I meant. I meant as the main characters. Wesker is working behind the scenes to get what he wants, and ultimately has little part to play in the two families' battle. If you had more people working with Chris and Claire it would take away from it, is what I was trying to say.

I would also make nosferatu make more durable where he wouldnt die after the battle with claire while appearing as a boss fight for the later sections. After he would finally be killed; ( I wouldnt mind if he replaced giant black widow either. ) his corpse would be left alone where wesker would obtain t-veronica from it instead of taking steve's body and obtaining it from that.
I've been thinking about this, and it makes me wonder why he didn't take Nosferatu. Was the fact he didn't take to it a factor, or was it because he was so transformed he couldn't even revert to normal when he died? With Steve he transformed back if I remember correctly, which could mean some level of assimilation going on there, however brief. Which is likely why he still kept going after Alexia instead of just grabbing Nosferatu and leaving, he wanted the most pure or assimilated sample he could obtain with the lowest amount of risk. Alexia was proving to be a hassle, and with her destruction thanks to the Linear Launcher, Steve was probably his best bet. So I personally would have kept that in, but maybe expand upon Wesker's reasoning.

I dont think it's too much. Outbreak games have plenty of playable characters as well, ı wouldnt mind re3 and recv to be more similar to those games.
While it's true Outbreak managed it, we also have to take into account that Outbreak isn't as story heavy as CV. When you have a story, it is best to keep it contained to as few important people as possible, otherwise no one gets any depth or you end up not growing fond of a character. Outbreak was more random with some of it's dialogue, most of it taking place as on screen text and a character saying a random line, not to mention there are only three characters at one time. I don't think Capcom would have been able to focus on a compelling story and have all the characters actively involved at that time.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Wesker is working behind the scenes to get what he wants, and ultimately has little part to play in the two families' battle.
While you're right regarding that, he still obtained t-veronica from steve's body and later made that appear in south america. Without him, t-veronica couldnt reach to other people's hands and due to this, ı think he's a main character in the game, even more so due to x version which gives him more screentime.

I've been thinking about this, and it makes me wonder why he didn't take Nosferatu. Was the fact he didn't take to it a factor, or was it because he was so transformed he couldn't even revert to normal when he died? With Steve he transformed back if I remember correctly, which could mean some level of assimilation going on there, however brief. Which is likely why he still kept going after Alexia instead of just grabbing Nosferatu and leaving, he wanted the most pure or assimilated sample he could obtain with the lowest amount of risk. Alexia was proving to be a hassle, and with her destruction thanks to the Linear Launcher, Steve was probably his best bet. So I personally would have kept that in, but maybe expand upon Wesker's reasoning.
That's a good point. However ı still would prefer steve to survive and appear in future stories with claire. He could have been made more likeable and compelling character this way.

When you have a story, it is best to keep it contained to as few important people as possible, otherwise no one gets any depth or you end up not growing fond of a character.
That reminds me of the criticisms ı've seen for re6. I've seen people criticising the game for being " bloated " or " too much " . I never understood or agreed with those personally.

But anyway, ı dont think depth would decrease if there was more variety. Darkside chronicles combines re2 and recv into one and ı like its retellings more than og games in most aspects.

ı think he's a main character in the game, even more so due to x version which gives him more screentime.
Not exactly what I mean by main characters. I should have said protagonists.

That reminds me of the criticisms ı've seen for re6. I've seen people criticising the game for being " bloated " or " too much " .
6 works because each of the characters have their own story going on, and they only meet up when their interests or paths coincide with another group's, and they all have an entire campaign to shine. With Code Veronica, it would be too many people working towards the same goal, and too many people to let each one shine. If they did multiple campaigns with each focusing on separate characters, it could work, but I think that would then take away from the novelty of 6's entire story, and how all paths overlap with the others for a breif but memorable moment.

Yeah. 6 is in my opinion, more in line with RE than 4 and 5 ever were. Being that it has a city and zombies, and so many returning characters. They bring back five characters overall.

I don't get how people hate RE5, but they like 4. To me, there is really not much of a difference in how they play or feel. Co-op is included in 5, sure. But otherwise, it's the same type of gameplay. Although I think RE5 has more ties to past RE games than even 4 does. Because 4 is really a side story about you looking for the US president's daughter.

In a similar manner, people who hate the remake of RE3 over the cut content it gained, really need to inspect the RE2 remake a lot further, as there was a lot of shit in that game that got axed as well. But they need to stop putting games on pedestals and look at the bigger picture. The proof is in the pudding. The custard sachet is included separately.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Not exactly what I mean by main characters. I should have said protagonists.

6 works because each of the characters have their own story going on, and they only meet up when their interests or paths coincide with another group's, and they all have an entire campaign to shine. With Code Veronica, it would be too many people working towards the same goal, and too many people to let each one shine. If they did multiple campaigns with each focusing on separate characters, it could work, but I think that would then take away from the novelty of 6's entire story, and how all paths overlap with the others for a breif but memorable moment.
You know ı kinda take back what ı said for the most part. You are right. But ı still would have liked to see chris in raccoon at least. I wished raccoon was explorable with him and rebecca as well, ı would also make them encounter jill and carlos at certain points.

If they wanted jill to be in the city before its destruction, ı wished chris was too along with rebecca. It just doesnt feel consistent to do this.

I think they want to portray Chris as the grizzled, unhappy veteran. They treat Leon as their Tom Cruise. I do agree that they deserve equal billing. But I think the FBI type storylines with Leon are getting a little bit boring. Zombies in the White House?

LOL.

What a tease that was in 2012 when they point their weapons at each other.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So ı decided to test some high firepower skills in re6 after some time. I want to say that ı found last shot skill really useful. From what ı've found after research, apparently it increases firepower of the last ammo loaded at the weapon by freaking %300. This seems to come in really handy with hydra which without firepower skills, doesnt do that much amount of damage. The reason for this is some weapons, including hydra, reload by inserting the ammo separately instead of an instant reload. With hydra, helena inserts the shells one by one instead of 2 like other shotguns. And while the final quickshot instantly reloads the weapon with all shells loaded, ı've found a way to get around that. That being switching to a different skill other than the one that has infinite shotgun skill. ( On pc, ı dont have any separate ammo in characters' inventories due to being able to make use of all infinite ammo skills. Only health items and maybe grenades / bombs. )

With clever way of skill switching, hydra in re6 can be turned into the fully upgraded one in re5 except even more powerful and much more op than it already is. I tested this by firing the last shot of the hydra with the last shot skill on a zombie's head at a very large distance and it instantly killed the zombie even though it wouldnt have done that much amount of damage normally from that distance. The downside to that is though it can make crowd control harder since you need to stop and load one shell to the weapon then switch hand / equipment to cancel the animation. I sometimes allow helena to load all shells so that ı can make use of hydra quickshots better but thankfully ı still have access to firearm lvl 3. skill which comes in handy.

The last shot skill would work best with the weapons which have unique reload animation by the characters loading 1 / 2 ammo at a time instead of an instant reload. These include all shotguns, bolt action sniper rifle, elephant killer and grenade launcher. I tried last shot skill for crossbow as well as bear commander's grenade launcher attachment too but it doesnt seem to work for those since they can only fire one shot at a time before needing to be reloaded.

I still think last shot skill would work better with helena's hydra than any other weapon since shotgun master skill doesnt seem to benefit that unlike other shotguns. Piers' amr also doesnt benefit from sniper master skill similar to hydra due to that using a different type of sniper rifle ammo like how hydra uses different type of shells but that weapon is already powerful enough as it is.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So ı decided to test some high firepower skills in re6 after some time. I want to say that ı found last shot skill really useful. From what ı've found after research, apparently it increases firepower of the last ammo loaded at the weapon by freaking %300. This seems to come in really handy with hydra which without firepower skills, doesnt do that much amount of damage. The reason for this is some weapons, including hydra, reload by inserting the ammo separately instead of an instant reload. With hydra, helena inserts the shells one by one instead of 2 like other shotguns. And while the final quickshot instantly reloads the weapon with all shells loaded, ı've found a way to get around that. That being switching to a different skill other than the one that has infinite shotgun skill. ( On pc, ı dont have any separate ammo in characters' inventories due to being able to make use of all infinite ammo skills. Only health items and maybe grenades / bombs. )

With clever way of skill switching, hydra in re6 can be turned into the fully upgraded one in re5 except even more powerful and much more op than it already is. I tested this by firing the last shot of the hydra with the last shot skill on a zombie's head at a very large distance and it instantly killed the zombie even though it wouldnt have done that much amount of damage normally from that distance. The downside to that is though it can make crowd control harder since you need to stop and load one shell to the weapon then switch hand / equipment to cancel the animation. I sometimes allow helena to load all shells so that ı can make use of hydra quickshots better but thankfully ı still have access to firearm lvl 3. skill which comes in handy.

The last shot skill would work best with the weapons which have unique reload animation by the characters loading 1 / 2 ammo at a time instead of an instant reload. These include all shotguns, bolt action sniper rifle, elephant killer and grenade launcher. I tried last shot skill for crossbow as well as bear commander's grenade launcher attachment too but it doesnt seem to work for those since they can only fire one shot at a time before needing to be reloaded.

I still think last shot skill would work better with helena's hydra than any other weapon since shotgun master skill doesnt seem to benefit that unlike other shotguns. Piers' amr also doesnt benefit from sniper master skill similar to hydra due to that using a different type of sniper rifle ammo like how hydra uses different type of shells but that weapon is already powerful enough as it is.

With those skills, ı've managed to defeat the 2nd chopper in chris' campaign without taking any damage for the 1st time. The skills made quick work of it. One of the biggest accomplishments ı've ever done in the game.

I've also tried shotgun master skill for helena's hydra and it seems to work for it as well.

June cannot come quick enough. 🤑

I think this year has been one of the most boring for RE news. But today, I noticed this.

Oh my God. Let the pain end mercifully.

🤒

UCorps has made me appreciate the main titles more that I disliked or labeled bad games over the years. Even ORC and Resistance are somewhat fun in comparison to that atrocity. It has no business being called an RE game, let alone being considered canon *shrugs* It's so sad that Capcom has grown more and more delusional over MP RE games. They are more of an afterthought to them when really there is a potential goldmine if they are willing to put in the resources to make it a high quality experience.

Imagine an open world Outbreak game where they can add new scenarios and characters constantly throughout the games life. Many MP games today like DbD are still being updated to this day, so Capcom really needs to change their business philosophy away from "less is more."

Last edited:
I kind of wish The Evil Within games got more love. Those games have more content and are scarier, and better made in terms of the production values, than any of the recent RE games. Lots of mansion parts and hospital parts, so it feels like RE as well as the Silent Hill series. Some terrific bosses too, and genuinely creepy stalker enemies.

People say the story makes no sense in these games. Yeah, okay. As if the plot in RE8 makes much sense either. That's amazing!

Top Bottom