• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

I get irritated in 4, 5 and 6 when enemies drop ammo, because it makes no sense for enemies without guns to do that. But it is what it is.

Hopefully, the RE4 remake changes that, but I doubt it. It's not really survival horror any more when you are "gifted" ammo for free, and you can go all Dolph Lundgren on everything, and make funny jokes doing so.

Other than that, people who don't appreciate RE6 for having zombies and Umbrella stuff, are silly. After all, 6 has more of a RE approach than 4 and 5 ever gave fans. So the hate is kind of weird. Leon's campaign is certainly the best one, in that regard.

Just got done watching the new RE movie.

I was wondering why Wesker wasn't wearing his shades, but the ending explains why.

I liked the throwbacks to all of the games other than 3, but why was Barry replaced by Richard? Meh. The set pieces are amazing, though. The orphanage in particular looks brilliant.

I also didn't like the fact they changed Leon and Jill's race. Particularly liked William Birkin and Brian Irons, as the actor playing the latter pulled it off amazingly. But Jill should have looked more like her counterpart in the game, with her blue outfit.

Other than that, it's a good movie if you have nothing else to watch. But Capcom really needs to stop going back to 1998. It's a step backwards.
what offends me the most is how the director said his movie cast was more diverse than the videogames, the only thing he archieve was to race swap Leon and Jill and also ignore completely the 2 important black characters from RE1 and RE2.

Kenneth Sullivan the first STARS to die in the hands of the zombie, he is part of the iconic first zombie moment at the Spencer Mansion and then you have to investigate and find the tape that leads to his death, then Marvin Brannagham from RE2, he helped Leon and Claire in the Remake a little more than the original games, got a cameo in RE3, and bigger role in Outbreak.

That director is just a joke. Woke ruins everything.

By the way Avan was an awful casting, I got the chance to see some of his acting the guy has play leads before and he plays the same douche unlikeable type of character, he is good looking but should stick to modeling or to be part of a rock band, he has keep his same looks on 5 movies in straight, he didn't even bother to shave his facial hair for the movie.

This describes the current normie narrative of fake outrage:
148426797_125632946108538_535238265446201592_n.jpg

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

So ı decided to check this. Even though it's not canon, this is one of the saddest cutscenes in the series. Not to mention chris' " My god! " line gets me every time.

It's way better than remake version, ı dont think barry was handled well in the game, he was handled better in og game along with his relationship with jill being stronger.

If they really do intend to remaster Outbreak, that may mean online co-op is coming as well. ;)

I cannot see them just tidying up the graphics. Nah. They know we've been at them for years to do something like this, so they wouldn't pass up this opportunity to impress us. Right?

Then again, it's Capcom I'm referring to here. So who knows? :D

Out of all of the spin off games, I only ever liked a few, as every other one was absolutely terrible. The Outbreak titles. Dead Aim. And Survivor. Those are the only decent, playable games.

I think both of the Revelations games probably count as well. So yeah. Everything else is just pointless.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
From spinoffs, the only ones that ı really dont like are survivor games and umbrella corps. I like gaiden and reorc to some extent, their gameplay not so much though. The others ı dont have as much problem, excluding remake and re engine reimaginings.

My favourite one is darkside chronicles. I think that game is really underrated.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I used to consider recv, remake, re0 and rerev games as mainline but apparently they are spinoffs. Though this makes it more confusing to me that re7 and revillage are considered mainline despite them being designed similar to rerev games.

So while re7 and revillage are considered mainline; ı would still consider them as spinoffs.

I appreciate those rail shooters, as they delved into the mysteries behind the scenes, such as how Ada made it out of the city. Had Capcom never created these games, it is not known if they would have cleared this up.
I liked the new material as well. At the same time though, I wish they added the extra material to real remakes but oh well. I kind of reached the acceptance point of my fandom after how the recent reimaginings have put 20 year old lore in a blender for no good reason. It’s good to take what you can from a title, accept it for what it is, and move on with your life lol.

Last edited:
I feel just as frustrated. I think with RE8, they knew it would sell more if it was done up like RE4. To me, I can see that RE7 was kind of a 'trick' they pulled to get fans lured back in because of the other sequels after 4 being considered as disappointing, because it was way more horror oriented than say, 5 and 6. After that, they delved back into 90% action, and horror was just a minor aspect to RE8 for a few sections. It was mostly about you shooting lycans.

I just didn't think they had a clue after RE7 how to do a successful follow up. That they claimed "it was too scary" and all of this pish was utter nonsense.

This is why I wish Silent Hill were still a thing. Konami knew how to make scarier games, even if the non Team Silent entries were underwhelming for other reasons.

So ı decided to check this. Even though it's not canon, this is one of the saddest cutscenes in the series. Not to mention chris' " My god! " line gets me every time.
And those scenes got cut out of the remake.

So much for all that "REmake is so amazing because it cuts away nothing and only expands upon what is already there" bullshit.

Barry was supposed to have two different death scenes, where both of them comes with parting words from Barry to Jill.
But the remake cuts it to Barry going "OOF" as he comically gets boinked into a pit, with his family photo magically lands where he once stood.

Sherry wanting to be adopted and getting a puppy right after her parents died in RE:2 gets a 0/10 for delivery and execution. That dialogue shouldn’t have been in the game and was one of the most cringe lines I ever heard in an RE game. The way Darkside complimented Claire A/Leon B scenario ending was done beautifully and had impact when Leon told Sherry what happened to her parents.

Now the developers are all just LIOLIOL! we don’t know anymore, have some tone deaf storytelling. -Capcom Division 1

Last edited:
Top Bottom