• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

Yama

Owner
The lake is kinda small though, ı like that it can lead to another area where merchant resides but other than that; ı like the one in re5 a lot more. That's a good place to farm money but ı still dont like crocodiles at one part of that area.

The death scene doesnt feel that special either, ı think ı like brzak death scene in re6 more cause the animation is kinda hilarious due to how fast it happens.
Something about hopping back on the boat and retreading the area at night felt super explorative at the time, really enjoyed that entire area. Small but definitely memorable.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Something about hopping back on the boat and retreading the area at night felt super explorative at the time, really enjoyed that entire area. Small but definitely memorable.
Yeah the village at night is atmospheric but you dont spend that much time with it. Maybe re engine 4 can expand it or something.

Yama

Owner
Yeah the village at night is atmospheric but you dont spend that much time with it. Maybe re engine 4 can expand it or something.
Yeah, considering you arrive at night this time I expect it to be. If not the area, the mood it presented at least.

I like RE2R gameplay a lot but after shooting a zombie point blank in the face with a shotgun in Ghost Survivors and not even flinching I call BS!! Shooting enemies in the head and not dying is one thing, but when it doesn't even phase a REGULAR enemy I am just done lol.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I like RE2R gameplay a lot but after shooting a zombie point blank in the face with a shotgun in Ghost Survivors and not even flinching I call BS!! Shooting enemies in the head and not dying is one thing, but when it doesn't even phase a REGULAR enemy I am just done lol.
Yeah the weapons dont give good impact in the game imo. I still like claire's weapons but leon's weapons are a massive step down from og game. And ghost survivors feels like waste of time. I wished they brought back extreme battle mode instead.

Some people think the RE4 remake is going to have fixed camera angles. I think that's reserved for some viewpoints, for the atmosphere. Sort of like how we see that position when Leon was crossing the platform in the lab. In RE2, I mean...

I also wonder if the RE4 remake will have a very dark feel. Many areas in RE2 were very dark and not well lit up at all. I guess we will have parts of the game at night, with Leon walking into shacks as a guy is cooking or skinning a dead animal, and he or she will reach for an axe, giving you time to react. But their cries alert other villagers nearby, including the chainsaw people. Would be freaky getting lost as they're closing in on your position and you have to move shelves to the door to halt their progress. :p

Of course, I hope RE4 has all of that. ;)

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

So here's this small cutscene of recv. I personally prefer this over x version. I like seeing claire watching chris as he stands against alexia, her worriness can be seen. I think that's very heartwarming.

I cant stand wesker capturing claire and baiting chris at all. It's so pointless especially since he lets her go in the end and the fight between chris and wesker doesnt reach to a conclusion there either.

To be fair, Wesker and Chris fighting but it not reaching a conclusion is kind of important later on, since that is the reason Chris became ripped in the first place - to prepare for the next time he fights Wesker.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
To be fair, Wesker and Chris fighting but it not reaching a conclusion is kind of important later on, since that is the reason Chris became ripped in the first place - to prepare for the next time he fights Wesker.
While that's a good point; another problem ı have is recv doesnt have jill nor she's mentioned. Both chris and jill are wesker's equally biggest enemies. Idk ı find chris and wesker fighting without jill being taken into account kinda unfair. I personally prefer recv's og version as well as darkside chronicles' recv retelling where wesker stays more in shadows. I really like him leaving his knife as a sign that he knew redfields were there while watching them.

I like chris and jill's encounter with wesker in prelude to the fall manga however. While it's short; ı still find it valuable. So that alone can also be taken as important reasoning for chris' decision to prepare for his next wesker encounter. Idk why people assume re5 when wesker says " Until we meet again... " at the end of recv's x version. It's actually prelude to the fall manga where he's encountered next. Chris even references its events at the end of umbrella's end scenario with his " He's still out there. " line. I find it weird that he doesnt mention its events when he retells past events to sheva in re5.

Regardless ı find wesker's utilization in recv the worst, especially its x version. I think he's the worst character in the game and ı cant stand him at all.

I personally think the way Wesker is handled in TDC is really lackluster. Like they didn't want to go through the effort of recreating his scenes, so they gave him a voiceover in one part and just had him scribble a message in the end cutscene, lol. His appearances in CV were kinda cheesy (especially his laughter), but they they were a lot of fun. Especially since we get lines such as "sure i'm not human anymore...", and references to his organization and powers. It is Wesker's true transition into an iconic, over-arching villain.

Plus Alexia vs Wesker is the first true mutant battle we see. Although I much prefer the CVX version.

Jill isn't there because she wasn't with Chris at the time, and Chris specifically left for Rockfort to save his sister.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I personally think the way Wesker is handled in TDC is really lackluster. Like they didn't want to go through the effort of recreating his scenes, so they gave him a voiceover in one part and just had him scribble a message in the end cutscene, lol. His appearances in CV were kinda cheesy (especially his laughter), but they they were a lot of fun. Especially since we get lines such as "sure i'm not human anymore", and references to his organization and powers. It is Wesker's true transition into an iconic, over-arching villain.
I understand. But ı feel the opposite. I personally prefer suga's way of handling things in regards to writing. Making wesker stay in shadows makes more sense to me since that's the entry he was revived and he would prefer to stay mysterious. Him showing himself in his next entry where he's revived doesnt feel fitting characterwise. I think it's more fitting to save these encounters for his later entries, like umbrella chronicles and re5.

But anyway is darkside chronicles the only time you dont like wesker's utilization? What do you think about his utilizations in other entries? Do you have any problems with those?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I didnt notice that you edited your comment when ı was writing mine so ı'll go ahead and reply to new parts too.

Plus Alexia vs Wesker is the first true mutant battle we see. Although I much prefer the CVX version.

Jill isn't there because she wasn't with Chris at the time, and Chris specifically left for Rockfort to save his sister.
I prefer og version cause ı dislike wesker more than ashford twins who ı still like in recv despite preferring darkside chronicles but ı still dont like any of those 2 scenes that much. But wesker getting attacked by alexia and escaping from her is more hilarious to me so it adds to more entertainment. I prefer suga's take on recv over both of those scenes though.

As for jill; she doesnt need to appear in recv but ı still find chris and wesker fighting without jill being there unfair. Darkside chronicles' recv retelling did it right by keeping wesker in shadows. It bothers me more than rebecca and barry not appearing or even being mentioned in re5's story or jill and claire not being in re6's story. Jill being ignored in recv bothers me more than her not being mentioned in the latter too which can be more easily excused ı think.

I personally think that putting Alexia and Wesker on a more even power level makes more sense narrative wise, because otherwise it just seems weird to kill Alexia but save Wesker for later. And the X version fits Wesker's other depictions better. This is regardless of my feelings about the characters themselves, which i'll admit also makes me prefer the X version.

Wesker doesn't always work from the shadows - he is pragmatic above all and will do whatever is necessary to achieve his goals. That includes being direct, which is why he posed as a public police officer in RE1.

I don't really have a problem with any of Wesker's other appearances.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I personally think that putting Alexia and Wesker on a more even power level makes more sense narrative wise, because otherwise it just seems weird to kill Alexia but save Wesker for later. And the X version fits Wesker's other depictions better. This is regardless of my feelings about the characters themselves, which i'll admit also makes me prefer the X version.

Wesker doesn't always work from the shadows - he is pragmatic above all and will do whatever is necessary to achieve his goals. That includes being direct, which is why he posed as a public police officer in RE1.

I don't really have a problem with any of Wesker's other appearances.
You make good points. Yeah ı can see why someone might prefer x version og version. I used to like og version a lot cause ı was feeling sympathy for alexia but over time; ı realized that ı shouldnt feel sympathy for her precisely cause she's an artifically created clone who gets blinded by her arrogance as well as her not utilizing her unnatural intelligence properly due to her high ego. I still prefer it over x one but ı prefer recv retelling's take over both of them. I find wesker's encounter with alexia in both versions of recv pointless cause he doesnt even obtain t-veronica from her body, he obtains steve's corpse instead. And even then; ı dont like steve dying or wesker mocking claire at the end; ı wished he survived and nosferatu's corpse was utilized more properly instead.

I dont mind wesker exposing himself but ı find his decisions in x version of recv inconsistent. I just prefer him to stay in shadows at that time; it's more interesting to me that way. I think darkside chronicles handles characters better than recv and even re2 imo. I like alexia as a cruel antagonist there a lot more than ı used to along with her killing alfred and ı have sympathy for alfred unlike recv version where he comes off more like a parody.

As for wesker in general; ı find him boring overall as a character but at the same time; ı still find some aspects about him interesting. Namely his relationship with birkin, the backstory with jake's mom, wesker's report 2 as well as his utilization in umbrella chronicles which is my favourite take on him as well as the only time where ı find him interesting along with its prequel manga. The others have moments but both re1 and remake are the most boring appearances of him and ı dislike him strongly in recv.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I also dont understand why x version of recv changes the time frame of chris' scenario so that it takes place in the same day as claire's. In og version; ı think there was a large gap but ı dont remember how big the time frame was.

I still play x version of recv during my marathons on pcsx2 emulator while ı never played og version but the only new decision of x version ı like really is making steve look more tolerable by fixing his haircut. And even then, he still has feelings for claire while trying to kiss her at one point when she was sleeping. Why make steve even have feelings for claire? He's under 18. That's cringe.

If he was 18 or over that age; it wouldnt be as annoying but ı still find it weird. If it wasnt for his tragic backstory; ı wouldnt care for steve at all.

Well, I highly doubt the man could survive two rockets to the face, in a pool of molten lava. :D

It's so funny how people on GameFAQs assume they missed his head. It's like some people just cannot accept that their favourite villain is gone. Although there could be Wesker children that people don't know about.

Then again, that would be Capcom just making up more crap to keep the story going. That part of RE is now ancient history.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Well, I highly doubt the man could survive two rockets to the face, in a pool of molten lava. :D

It's so funny how people on GameFAQs assume they missed his head. It's like some people just cannot accept that their favourite villain is gone. Although there could be Wesker children that people don't know about.

Then again, that would be Capcom just making up more crap to keep the story going. That part of RE is now ancient history.
He's given revival hints in umbrella corps. What's more; birkin's virus note in umbrella chronicles states that the host can regenerate from anything as long as a tissue fragment remains. And in one of rerev2's guidebooks; ı believe they state that he achieved immortality from uroboros. All they have to say is a piece of flesh from his body wasnt burned by the lava and he would form a full body from that.

It's only a matter of time before he comes back. Umbrella's back so it wouldnt surprise me if wesker would come back too.

I would rather not speak about gamefaqs or reddit over and over. I dont like those places that much so there isnt much point at speaking ill of those places repeatedly.

Top Bottom