• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So ı want to talk about more extra costumes. I want to talk about sherry's and ada's ex1 costumes in re6.

About sherry; ı like that she's wearing the same school uniform she wore as a child. It's meant to tell that the child you protected is grown up and can defeat monsters while wearing the school uniform she wore back in re2. It's a fun extra outfit for what it is and ı like it.

One detail that ı really liked is sherry wearing her locket. About re2 claire a / leon b scenarios; it really bothered me that sherry lost her locket while running away from ada. She drops it which ada picks it up and sees sherry with her family while looking at the picture. While ı found it heartwarming that ada wanted to keep this so that she can give it back to sherry, it annoyed me at the same time as well due to sherry dropping it.

About darkside chronicles' re2 section; ı liked that sherry never losts it, ı found this a good change personally. With re6, it seems that with this small detail; they wanted to reference darkside chronicles more and ı found this really heartwarming. This makes sense since both games' main writers are shotaro suga.

I wished there was a version where sherry also wore claire's jacket while wearing her school uniform like how she does at the later parts of re2 and darkside chronicles. It would be even more heartwarming but ı'm still fine with what ı got really.

As for ada...

I like this extra outfit too. White color is a nice take, it's meant to show ada as more of an " angel " which makes sense since they wanted to humanize characters in re6. I also like the flower that's on her head, it's a nice touch and looks cute on her.

I've seen people criticising re6 and one of the things that's been criticised were the extra outfits. They never bothered me personally and ı liked them for what they are. But sherry's and ada's extra outfits were on my mind and ı wanted to discuss them in more detail here.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Speaking of locket; after thinking about it, ı want to say that ı dont like one part in wesker's report.

" We went to recover the pendant Leon threw away but were beaten to it by HUNK, the only survivor of Umbrella's recovery unit. "

I decided to mention the part from the most updated version.

Why would leon even throw the locket? That seems out of character for him. It has sherry's family photo in it, a girl that really was important for him, he became a government agent to ensure sherry's safety. Ada even checks it in leon b after sherry drops it and sees the family photo of birkins. So it doesnt make sense that leon would do something like that. He might figure out that the locket is important for ada and leave it with her.

I would like to look at that report in the same way ı look at chronicles retellings. Taking some stuff canon while ignoring some stuff.

Though that being said; what actually happened imo is sherry never lost her locket as shown in darkside chronicles. Ada never obtained it and instead obtained a tissue fragment from birkin's g-virus, this is even told in death's door where ada doesnt wear sherry's locket.

As for hunk; it's possible that there could have been a g-virus sample not damaged by birkin.

This is the g-virus sample hunk has in his possession. I dont think this is the one from sherry's locket, it's way too big to be hidden in it. This seems to be a separate sample that hunk managed to obtain.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I want to comment on something. Why is one of re5's dlcs for jill called " desperate escape " ? What the hell kind of a name is that? In re3; the japanese version is called " biohazard 3 last escape " rather than " resident evil 3 nemesis " . That statement kinda makes the " last escape " statement pointless since it's not the last escape jill makes. More reasons why ı dont like the way she's handled in re5.

Something I forgot about regarding Resident Evil: Director's Cut and Director's Cut Dual Shock Edition.

Did these games implement critical hits, where you have a chance of decapitating an enemy with handgun fire?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Something I forgot about regarding Resident Evil: Director's Cut and Director's Cut Dual Shock Edition.

Did these games implement critical hits, where you have a chance of decapitating an enemy with handgun fire?
If you play in advanced mode; you'll start with the special beretta that has a chance to do critical hit to zombies. So yes they implemented.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Speaking of re1; ı've been thinking about grenade launcher in that game. I like its effects on monsters. I used that weapon on zombies and hunters, for normal grenade rounds, ı believe it destroys their arms? I think that's pretty cool. Flame rounds burns them to death. Acid rounds also leave some effect on them though ı didnt find it as interesting as other 2 rounds.

While remake allows you to combine all ammo into the weapon which is nice since in og game the weapon only holds 6 rounds, some of its effects from og game feel decreased. I like that flame rounds burns zombies while not giving you the need to use lighter and kerosene on their corpses but that's really it. They are super rare and the other rounds that are more common to find arent that interesting. I wished remake had an infinite ammo unlockable like re3 and re0 had. I feel like the latter has more gameplay and replay value than remake does.

Acid rounds also leave some effect on them though ı didnt find it as interesting as other 2 rounds.
Barry tried to explain that Acid Rounds works best on "mutants" and not zombies but that didn't came out right due to the poor English.

He says: "really powerful, especially against living things".
Maybe he was talking about non-zombie enemies.

Sure enough, Acid Rounds does more damage to Yawn than the Magnum.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Sure enough, Acid Rounds does more damage to Yawn than the Magnum.
I never tried those against yawn in og game, ı relied on shotgun instead. I wanted to save acid rounds for hunters cause they are really weak against it. I also remember planning a route in replays and playing in specific way so that when ı'm done with mansion once and for all, ı wanted bazooka to be loaded with flame rounds. It kills black tiger with one grenade.

In remake; it's a bit different. I avoid yawn completely during the 1st encounter then for the 2nd encounter, ı use acid rounds against it. The mechanics of the weapon are improved from og game though at the same time; grenades' effects feel decreased. Regardless it takes care of the monster easily.

I never tried those against yawn in og game, ı relied on shotgun instead. I wanted to save acid rounds for hunters cause they are really weak against it. I also remember planning a route in replays and playing in specific way so that when ı'm done with mansion once and for all, ı wanted bazooka to be loaded with flame rounds. It kills black tiger with one grenade.
I tried playing Director's Cut and unlocked the infinite Magnum.
I played as Jill and used the Magnum against the Yawn but I noticed that it's taking way too long for it to die.
Yawn just keeps tanking the Magnum shots until I decided to reload and try again with the Acid Rounds.
This time, Yawn goes down in a few shots.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I tried playing Director's Cut and unlocked the infinite Magnum.
I played as Jill and used the Magnum against the Yawn but I noticed that it's taking way too long for it to die.
Yawn just keeps tanking the Magnum shots until I decided to reload and try again with the Acid Rounds.
This time, Yawn goes down in a few shots.
I forgot about the infinite magnum in re1. I believe it's exclusive to director's cut and its dualshock version. I think it's unlocked by getting the highest rank in jill's run during advanced mode. Not sure if chris could unlock it. That makes me more wished that you could unlock barry's " This! " for both characters in remake, it would be really cool. Regardless cool experiment.

Yawn being weak to acid rounds reminds me of grave digger having the same weakness as that monster in re3. It melts easily to acid rounds. That reminds me, ı wonder if iluzija in re6 has the same weakness as yawn. I never tried acid rounds against it due to them having a huge range and not being fitting to situation. Now that ı think about it, ı might be able to do this experiment against that monster.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Speaking of re6; ı like how characters' voice commands can change depending to situation. I was playing mercenaries and while playing as ada, ı got into dying status. Thankfully ı recovered and when ı relied on her voice commands, her voice tone changes. I think that's pretty cool plus ada sounds even more cute with her new voice tone. Courtenay taylor does a great job voicing ada imo.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
That reminds me, ı wonder if iluzija in re6 has the same weakness as yawn. I never tried acid rounds against it due to them having a huge range and not being fitting to situation. Now that ı think about it, ı might be able to do this experiment against that monster.
Alright so ı tried this experiment against iluzija. They are really powerful against it though at the same time; they dont do good stun so ı relied on quick shooting mechanic. I did this on normal difficulty without any skills that increase damage for firearms. During my infinite ammo runs for re6; this will be a reliable method, especially when playing as piers who dont have access to an assault rifle like chris does.

It makes me happy that yawn and grave digger's weakness to acid rounds carries over to iluzija in re6. That's very cool.

Speaking of re6; ı like how characters' voice commands can change depending to situation. I was playing mercenaries and while playing as ada, ı got into dying status. Thankfully ı recovered and when ı relied on her voice commands, her voice tone changes. I think that's pretty cool plus ada sounds even more cute with her new voice tone. Courtenay taylor does a great job voicing ada imo.
Try playing as Chris in chapter 3.
All his voice lines are now changed to become more rude.
He doesn't say "thanks" but instead says "what took you!?"
He also doesn't praise but when you try to, he says "don't get cocky!".

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Try playing as Chris in chapter 3.
All his voice lines are now changed to become more rude.
He doesn't say "thanks" but instead says "what took you!?"
He also doesn't praise but when you try to, he says "don't get cocky!".
Yeah ı'm aware. In chapter 1 and 3, chris' voice lines are different due to being amnesiac or blinded by revenge respectively. That's a great attention to detail.

Top Bottom