• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I still dont like the fact that the voice acting in rerev is so weak. One of the reasons why ı couldnt immerse myself in the story that much is due to everyone except chris ( And that's cause of roger craig smith. ) sounding so bored. Especially jill.

" Jill where are you? "
" Idk. A room ı think. "

Really?

Going from re5 and re6 to rerev; it's like a huge step down. Plus why didnt they bring back patricia ja lee? Rerev is a prequel to re5 and she doesnt voice jill. I mean r.c.s. comes back but not p.j.l.

Another thing ı dont like is the amount of forced jumping the game does to non-jill chapters. Especially when it's done to terragrigia at the end. I wished the story was structured better. Plus you cant even play the game in canonical order, not enough save slots.

Honestly ı'm glad re6 has a different story structure method with its 4 campaigns. It feels so much better. Plus you can play the chapters in canon order and each campaign has 5 chapters so it feels more focused. ( Though ı wished jake's and ada's campaigns were longer. )

The voice acting in re6 is pretty good as well. Some of the best and most polished character dialogue ı've seen in a game.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So ı know that ı talked about this before but ı want to talk about 4thsnake's jill video again since it came into my mind.

While it's not bad and has some interesting ideas; the video doesnt work cause of the following reasons:

1. He only changes re6's story. Why isnt he starting the change from re5, the game that has jill in it which handles her poorly by making her wesker's slave? She isnt in re6 cause capcom wanted to give her some rest due to what wesker did to her in re5. He could have changed re5's story by adding barry and rebecca into the game while making jill chris' partner right from start instead of sheva. Sheva would be josh's partner.

2. He doesnt take the canon games / movies / mangas etc. between re5 and re6 into account. Like he puts alex into re6's story while not taking rerev2 into account. What's gonna happen to simmons and carla then? They appear in marhawa desire manga.

3. The " Jill leaves bsaa hq " part. How would she even leave the bsaa hq that easily? And why would barry help her to do so? At least chris escaped from a random hospital.

I'm not against jill appearing in re6 but the only way to do so would be to change re5's story. Otherwise her appearing in re6 wouldnt make sense.

Another thing that bugs me is that rerev2 file. Why is she so happy while talking to barry? Wesker literally ruined her life by making her a blonde. I wouldnt be so happy if that's happened to me.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
This might be weird for me to say this but ı just realized that the hospital in re3 2020 isnt the same as the one in og game and outbreak's the hive scenario. Idk why they changed it tbh; ı wished they expanded on the old hospital instead of changing it away.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
" Yes the remakes should not be considered canon if you are deep into the lore. They are reimaginings, a parallel modern retelling to draw in the new fans who have no desire to play the old originals. They do not replace the originals. Remake 3 also has file dates that makes the events of both Outbreak games impossible to occur too. "

" OG RE3 has all the hospital staff dead by Sep 26th. Remake 3 files has the hospital still operating and treating patients on Sep 29th, the same day Leon and Claire arrive in town, meaning The Hive scenario in Outbreak physically cannot occur. Likewise the newspaper in Remake 3 reports only the third zombie attack incident this month on Sep 25 - thats a whole day after the military blockaded the city in OG 3 and two days after the army of zombies was blown up on Main St.

Remake 3 treats Outbreak like it never happened, yet compensates by throwing in easter egg references with its locations etc. "

Thebatman's statements.

" Yes the remakes should not be considered canon if you are deep into the lore. They are reimaginings, a parallel modern retelling to draw in the new fans who have no desire to play the old originals. They do not replace the originals. Remake 3 also has file dates that makes the events of both Outbreak games impossible to occur too. "

" OG RE3 has all the hospital staff dead by Sep 26th. Remake 3 files has the hospital still operating and treating patients on Sep 29th, the same day Leon and Claire arrive in town, meaning The Hive scenario in Outbreak physically cannot occur. Likewise the newspaper in Remake 3 reports only the third zombie attack incident this month on Sep 25 - thats a whole day after the military blockaded the city in OG 3 and two days after the army of zombies was blown up on Main St.

Remake 3 treats Outbreak like it never happened, yet compensates by throwing in easter egg references with its locations etc. "

Thebatman's statements.
It’s a damn shame it has come to this with these “remakes.” While I still like REmake 2 from a gameplay perspective, it cannot replace the original without retconning everything that came before it. I don’t know why Capcom refuses to do justice to OG RE3.. they pulled this same stunt in Umbrella Chronicles with reused assets and enemies. The original introduced more new content than the remake did.

It will forever stand side by side with MGS Twin Snakes on how NOT to remake a game. They never remade RE3 and probably never will, it’s infuriating.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think this happened cause of the re6 backlash. ( Which imo doesnt make sense. ) If that game received a better reception; then it's possible re7 would have been a better game and capcom could have faithfully remade re2, re3 and recv instead of reimagining excuses.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

" --: But I think Resident Evil 2 is different from the original Resident Evil that Mr. Mikami directed. This time, I felt more of Mr. Kamiya's color in it. "

" K: Yes, the original Resident Evil is more orthodox horror, in Resident Evil 2, I put the atmosphere of action movie. It appeals to more people and showy. Also, I always like the entertaining Hollywood movie style, so it is simply what I wanted. "

Was checking this interview and this is the proof. Even kamiya says that they were making re2 more action oriented than re1.

Also am ı the only one who thinks more action oriented direction makes sense? I know that after re6; capcom made re7 more horror oriented than that game but that's cause it's impossible to top re6's action levels without going into apocalyptic levels.

But anyways; ı'm checking the interviews from project umbrella's dev interview database right now. Some of the links dont work for some reason.

I wonder if there's another fan site that lists all resident evil related interviews; including the ones after 2016.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I was talking about og re2 though instead of reimagining version.

But anyways; here's another interview:

" There's an old adage that, "Death is easy, comedy is hard." Others would argue creating real horror that doesn't parody itself is even harder. It must be quite a challenge for Mr. Mikami to deliver Resident Evil games that top their predecessor. How would you describe his creative process? How does he approach the subject?

Kobayashi:
In my honest opinion you can't ever out-do an original idea. Horror series (both movies and video games) get stale rather quickly. But we never really thought of RE as strictly a horror-only franchise. RE has always been about the story more than anything, which is one reason why we can take it into a more action oriented direction. "

There's no "law of remakes" on how a remake should be developed.
Whether or not the remake becomes near-faithful to the original or not is up to whoever is developing the remake.

Sometimes, you have players who enjoy the remake for what it is and can't be bothered to play the older original title.
So it's pointless to tell these players how much is missing or altered.

There's no "law of remakes" on how a remake should be developed.
Whether or not the remake becomes near-faithful to the original or not is up to whoever is developing the remake.

Sometimes, you have players who enjoy the remake for what it is and can't be bothered to play the older original title.
So it's pointless to tell these players how much is missing or altered.

You are right. When I played re2 remake. It was Resident Evil Remake 2 to me not Resident Evil 2 remake. It was more inspired by Remake 1

So Resident Evil Village is the weirdest looking entry to date. LOL. I love how they made us think Elena was going to be a secondary character from the initial trailers, just to kill her off relatively early. 😲

And some of the community is still like...

"Oh my. There's vampires and werewolves in my Resident Evil." 😱

Come off it. You know aliens are coming next! 🤣

So Resident Evil Village is the weirdest looking entry to date. LOL. I love how they made us think Elena was going to be a secondary character from the initial trailers, just to kill her off relatively early. 😲

And some of the community is still like...

"Oh my. There's vampires and werewolves in my Resident Evil." 😱

Come off it. You know aliens are coming next! 🤣
Ironically, all the gothic horror creatures would have been fine if they were their own thing, but after learning they are all basically mold creatures, that left a bad taste in my mouth. The fact the mold can literally create any life form just like the C-Virus bothers me. There’s no more rules, the only reason why Capcom have chosen this route is so they can have more creative liberties with the series. I would have preferred a B-Virus or something, anything but mold again.

I am expecting anything to happen in a future game at this point, and aliens from outer space isn’t out of the question anymore. They probably put the Progenitor Flower and Megamycete (basically a giant The Thing embryo) on Earth millions of years ago. That would be the new origin story for an RE9.🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom