• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

This is an article ı found.

Re6 = 1,317,100

Re5 = 1,005,089

Re4 = 704,953

Re7 = 668,829

Rerev2 = 658,030

Rerev = 503,330

Remake = 415,885

It lists the amount of players at the time, re6 is at the top. I would like to find an updated version that lists more games along with bigger numbers but they show re6 the most successful one and it rightfully is.

Well, I have decided after the outburst I seen today, I will not be covering RE any longer online. In fact, it's not because of a mere flame post, and more so just because I feel bored or mentally lethargic from talking about how the series has stupid plotlines today, or whatever.

To be honest, if you need your horror fix when you feel modern gaming isn't impressing you, go on IMDb, pick a year from a decade you know you like, and go enjoy the best horror movies the year has to offer if you haven't viewed them before, and I bet you you'll be happy you did that, instead of supporting a company that only wants to milk our wallets.
I get it you don't like the modern era and it's fine to have that opinion and express that, but what I don't understand is why you have been so negative publicly about it for so long.

I've been playing since 1998 and am currently 47 and am enjoying the modern era thoroughly. I'm not some sort of idiot because I like the remakes and 7 and 8.

Last edited:
Honestly, I personally don't care so much that someone doesn't like some games, as that just having an opinion is not enough for them. These negative opinions must necessarily be followed by a whole campaign that the company that made the games they don't like dropped the ball, and the people who prefer these games are a lost cause and a misfortune. I've been so overwhelmed by this shit for years that I've become really ugly. This is not an excuse for my behavior by any means, of course.

Just cool it, guys.
Idk why russker still harasses both of us but he really has some strange problem to the point that he's much worse than the unfunny buzzwords that he associates both of us with. Acting like a stereotypical re engine sycophant who cant get over with re5 and re6 being the most successful games in the series so he keeps lying over and over and over and over and over and over. Cause of him, the forum isnt as enjoyable to discuss as it used to be anymore. No wonder plenty left, especially since it's always the same people on these echo chambers.

Yeah, and to Discord as well. Communication on the Internet has become more streaming. So much so that many people don't focus on one topic for more than a few minutes.

Well, maybe there's a grain of truth in Mert's words, after all. Maybe someone left this forum because of me.

I originally joined it a few years ago because I was upset by the things Mert wrote about RE7, which is my favorite in the series. My first experience of communicating with him was a fight, lmao! And almost nothing has changed since then. It's like we're stuck in a loop.

I'm not a blind person, so I understand that for Mert, such fights are stressful too. Something he wants to get away from. And maybe this forum is the only place where he feels comfortable. Or one of the few, at least. Of course, this is an assumption—a theory.

Anyway, I've decided that I'm going to leave this place. I am not overwhelmed with pride from the things that I write here. I don't like fighting either, and it's not something I completely consciously choose. I'm just freaking out. This may be the result of my hormonal imbalance, because I have depression. However, it doesn't matter and never has. The cycle has to be stopped, and I'm making concessions. You will no longer need to worry about my "intimidating" presence. No "harassment" either.

Good luck, and I mean it.

I'm done with RE talk now, too. There's nothing new to chime in about, but I don't even support Michael Does Life any more, as he just e-begs and moans about stuff. And why did Silent Hill Community get a new forum with not even any sections to post in, when they had one recently full of threads?

Sorry, but what is the point?

I'm done with RE talk now, too. There's nothing new to chime in about, but I don't even support Michael Does Life any more, as he just e-begs and moans about stuff. And why did Silent Hill Community get a new forum with not even any sections to post in, when they had one recently full of threads?

Sorry, but what is the point?
Just wait until russker comes back out of nowhere then he'll make the forum tedious again. As soon as ı pointed his nonsensical " Environment is a character. " view, he dropped all the act before associating us with those buzzwords that he himself is much worse from. Just lies and riddles, that's all he introduces wherever he appears.

tumblr_p1vpsfwgOJ1vujsszo1_1280.jpg

This is an art ı found.

There's no point in getting worked up about some arseholes posting flame bait online. They have their opinions. We have ours.

I'm also tired of that Australian guy or wherever he is from, constantly being a colossal tit too. He can have my user name and spam on some dope forums all he wants. I really don't care any more, quite frankly. He's just wasting his time, my time, and everyone else's who knows about the situation.

I was actually in a shop today and I told somebody about him annoying me online, pretending to be me, doxxing me, and all the other stupid things he is known to do like subscribing to me when I just block him.

This shop assistant said that you don't need to be on social media or forums. Most people know they attract oddballs. Losers with no life go on these platforms, who essentially just want to do silly things to get a rise out of people they're most likely never gonna meet, since I reckon nobody even acknowledges them locally.

At the end of the day, I don't feel like I want to rabbit on about Capcom's shoddy ways as much as I used to. He (as in, russident) did bring up a good point, though. For a long time, I have discussed the highs and lows of RE a lot over the years, so maybe I did repeat myself a bit. Although I don't think many people really paid much attention to what I said, which in retrospect, is sad if you think about it, since I felt I was telling the truth. However, everything about Capcom that I said still holds water. I know Capcom is just milking the cash cow to rake in the dosh.

How many times do they honestly have to go back to Raccoon City for to churn out repeated storylines? It is becoming apparent, in spite of what they may say in live streams or on X, that Capcom doesn't care about the old games anymore.

They'd probably rather just quietly replace the existing canon with this new crap that caters to the new age fags that, may I add, never genuinely cared for tank controls to begin with. Because, really. How many people do you see on GameFAQs who keep saying the old games' style sucks?

You see, those types were never boni-fide survival horror fans to begin with. Us old school fans of the RE franchise never cared to complain about those games, because we found they had the right balance. While now, you get no music. Cut content. Horrible lighting.

Blame this 'woke' nonsense. It's gotten way out of control, and is hereby making unnecessary changes in how entertainment is produced.

There's no point in getting worked up about some arseholes posting flame bait online. They have their opinions. We have ours.

I'm also tired of that Australian guy or wherever he is from, constantly being a colossal tit too. He can have my user name and spam on some dope forums all he wants. I really don't care any more, quite frankly. He's just wasting his time, my time, and everyone else's who knows about the situation.
I just want to clarify something here. I'm from Australia and have posted about you being negative, but I have only ever interacted with you here, and only in public posts. These other things that you have mentioned is someone else who I assume is from Australia too. I just want to make sure you don't think that I am the same guy that is doing these other things.

This shop assistant said that you don't need to be on social media or forums.
This is actually a good advice even though it can still be difficult to do, especially since internet takes more and more of everyone's time as it goes on. Back when ı was a new fan, ı didnt even post to forums on internet that much since ı was playing more games from different series but eventually ı became more fixated on this series to the point ı need to share my feelings somewhere and this place might as well be the most comfortable place to do so. I'm surprised this forum still stays, most moved to somewhere else and at most, only visit it for a relatively little time compared to others.

Top Bottom