• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

I noticed the Outbreak games never got ported to the PS3. I am relieved I didn't sell them.

Can you imagine what eBay sellers might charge for them today? I dread to guess the amount one would be forking out.

I noticed the Outbreak games never got ported to the PS3. I am relieved I didn't sell them.

Can you imagine what eBay sellers might charge for them today? I dread to guess the amount one would be forking out.
No idea but ı wished they were on ps3 store too along with survivor and dead aim. Though ıdk if ı would still be able to play survivor since it doesnt have dualshock support unlike the previous ps1 games. The 1st game doesnt have analog support on ps3 either but on ps4, it plays much better due to analog support without the butchered soundtrack added.

Been thinking about this lately, but I think it's sad how Microsoft terminated Tango Gameworks.

I thought TEW 1 and 2 were stellar horror games. Two highlights of the 2010s. More enjoyable than any RE game of the era for me, but they just never received the same backing as RE for some reason.

But then RE7 comes out. "RE is back to its roots!" Everytime I hear someone say that, I just think, meh. Or "RE2 remake is a masterpiece!"

OK. My opinion of it has swayed ever so slightly. It is a good enough game. Nothing like the original, by any means, but decent enough.

RE4 is fine, but RE3 is garbage. I cannot really comment on a lot of other modern horror games, as a lot of it is just indie trash that looks boring and unenjoyable. But both of The Last of Us games are simply astonishing, as is Days Gone.

But real survival horror is definitely dead. It's once RE4 started the ammo drops, James Bond stuff and the trading system that it truly blew my mind. But RE4 is fine as a game in its own right. It just never felt like a real RE game for all of the aforementioned nitpicking. The formula is way too different. And I feel like Capcom somewhat wrecked the genre they created, as nearly every action-horror oriented game took their inspiration from it, for better or worse.

I do think RE shifting to more action was unavoidable once the franchise evolved, I suppose.

So this is a surprising turn of events for me but ı finally managed to play enough of mercenaries 3d. There were 5 missions with 5 parts each and ı played at least one part from each mission. I played it on 3ds emulator called citra and ı did this with the game's europe version where ı found the game to be ok. Overall serviceable for what it is but ı didnt like the controls that much. It seems to be possible to move and shoot but only with a certain control scheme which ı didnt play that way cause ı found type a the most adaptable. I played as jill briefly and more so as claire due to the other characters being already playable in previous mercenaries modes but claire comes off underwhelming skill wise. There are still good moves, mostly head stun and leg back attacks where she comes off more brutal with those but other than those, there isnt anything noteworthy ı found. And the enemies are all plaga, mostly from re4 and re5 but no virus creatures. I'll do a tierlist in another thread now that ı played it enough.

Since RE news is as of late, not a hot topic, I have been sorting through my DVDs, etc.

The idea I have is to put them in boxes based on how good or lame they are. So crappy movies with a 5.9 rating or less on IMDb will be separated from the others.

You will probably know what movies are usually getting their dicks sucked. The really notable horror films always gain higher scores from fanboys and purist types. Some of their sequels though, deserve the hate they have received. Although I was actially surprised to see that Alien: Resurrection is not as disliked as I assumed.

The series definitely inspired RE to some extent.

Chris > Claire > Ada = Carla > Sherry > Barry > Piers > Moira > Leon = Helena > Rebecca > Jake > Sheva > Jill
So ı'm planning to make a more expanded version of this:

Re1-remake: Chris, jill, barry, rebecca, richard, lisa trevor, wesker-umbrella, deceased stars members

Re2: Claire, leon, ada, sherry, william-annette, irons, kendo, marvin, ben, hunk

Re3: Nemesis, carlos, mikhail, nikolai, remaining ubcs, dario

Survivor: Ark, vincent, lott-lily

Recv-survivor 2: Steve, alfred, alexia, rodrigo, alexander-nosferatu, ashford family

Gaiden: Lucia

Re0: Billy, marcus-queen leech

Dead aim: Bruce, fong ling, usstratcom, other government agencies, morpheus

Outbreak games: Kevin, mark, jim, george, david, alyssa, yoko, cindy

Re4: Hunnigan, ashley, krauser, luis, los iluminados

Chronicles games: Sergei, javier-sacred snakes, manuela, hilda

Prelude to the fall: Anna

Degeneration: Angela-curtis, downing-wp corp, rani, ron davis, greg

Re5: Sheva, josh, bsaa operatives, irving, excella-tricell, spencer

Revelations games: Parker, jessica, keith, quint, o'brian, raymond, lansdale-fbc, norman-ıı veltro, rachel, moira, alex, natalia, neil, pedro, gabe, evgeny

Damnation: Buddy, svetlana, jd, ataman

Marhawa desire-re6: Ricky, doug wright, merah, bindi-nanan, piers, finn, jake, carla-neo umbrella, simmons-the family, ustanak, helena-deborah, benford-dso-fos, marco, other deceased bsaa operatives in re6

So these are the characters ı wanted to list after thinking about it enough. I'm doing this up to re6 with re1-2 casts' recurring appearances also being taken into account as well as remake-chronicles recurring appearances from pre-4 games. I'm planning to rank these characters later after ı come to this reply of mine again. Not gonna include re engine direction in this as well as the stories that take place after re6, to me the storyline ended with re6 which also happened to be my introduction to the series in 2013.

Last edited:
Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but lately, I have not felt like doing my usual ranting on RE. I don't feel particularly depressed. I think I may finally be starting to accept the heyday for the series is over, and that as fans, we had our fun in the sun. So unless RE9 ends up being quite amazing, I will be about done with the franchise as a whole.

But I swear: Whenever I hear Capcom wants to do another story in 1998 again, I just lose full interest in them as a company. Because like the guy on YouTube said, they wanna milk the cow and beat that dead horse again.

So ı'm planning to make a more expanded version of this:

Re1-remake: Chris, jill, barry, rebecca, richard, lisa trevor, wesker-umbrella, deceased stars members

Re2: Claire, leon, ada, sherry, william-annette, irons, kendo, marvin, ben, hunk

Re3: Nemesis, carlos, mikhail, nikolai, remaining ubcs, dario

Survivor: Ark, vincent, lott-lily

Recv-survivor 2: Steve, alfred, alexia, rodrigo, alexander-nosferatu, ashford family

Gaiden: Lucia

Re0: Billy, marcus-queen leech

Dead aim: Bruce, fong ling, usstratcom, other government agencies, morpheus

Outbreak games: Kevin, mark, jim, george, david, alyssa, yoko, cindy

Re4: Hunnigan, ashley, krauser, luis, los iluminados

Chronicles games: Sergei, javier-sacred snakes, manuela, hilda

Prelude to the fall: Anna

Degeneration: Angela-curtis, downing-wp corp, rani, ron davis, greg

Re5: Sheva, josh, bsaa operatives, irving, excella-tricell, spencer

Revelations games: Parker, jessica, keith, quint, o'brian, raymond, lansdale-fbc, norman-ıı veltro, rachel, moira, alex, natalia, neil, pedro, gabe, evgeny

Damnation: Buddy, svetlana, jd, ataman

Marhawa desire-re6: Ricky, doug wright, merah, bindi-nanan, piers, finn, jake, carla-neo umbrella, simmons-the family, ustanak, helena-deborah, benford-dso-fos, marco, other deceased bsaa operatives in re6

So these are the characters ı wanted to list after thinking about it enough. I'm doing this up to re6 with re1-2 casts' recurring appearances also being taken into account as well as remake-chronicles recurring appearances from pre-4 games. I'm planning to rank these characters later after ı come to this reply of mine again. Not gonna include re engine direction in this as well as the stories that take place after re6, to me the storyline ended with re6 which also happened to be my introduction to the series in 2013.
Chris > Claire > Ada = Alexia = Carla > Sherry > Barry > Piers = Merah > Bindi = Nanan > Moira = Evgeny > Ricky = Doug wright > Alfred > Alexander = Nosferatu > Ashford family > The family > Neo umbrella > William = Annette > Marcus = Queen leech > Benford = Dso = Fos > Rodrigo > Leon = Steve = Lucia = Hunnigan = Krauser = Manuela = Hilda = Buddy = Ataman = Helena = Deborah > Usstratcom > Rebecca = Richard > Kevin > David > Jake > Alex = Natalia > Sheva > Josh > Marco > Other government agencies > Other deceased bsaa operatives in re6 > Ustanak > Neil > Bsaa operatives > Mikhail > Lisa trevor > George > Cindy > Alyssa > Svetlana > Keith = Quint > O'brian > Norman = ıı veltro > Javier = Sacred snakes > Fong ling > Parker > Jessica > Raymond > Billy > Bruce > Kendo > Nemesis > Nikolai > Jill = Anna > Yoko > Mark > Finn > Ashley > Rani > Simmons > Angela = Curtis > Excella = Tricell > Carlos > Irving > Rachel > Pedro > Ark > Lott = Lily > Marvin > Deceased stars members > Hunk > Greg > Irons > Luis = Jd > Downing = Wp corp > Vincent > Morpheus > Remaining ubcs > Ben > Dario > Lansdale = Fbc > Gabe > Ron davis > Jim > Los iluminados > Sergei > Wesker = Umbrella = Spencer

I did it! It took some time but after enough thinking about these characters, ı finally managed to make a ranking of these characters that feel important to me.

Leon = Steve = Lucia = Hunnigan = Krauser = Manuela = Hilda = Buddy = Ataman = Helena = Deborah
And ı think ı grouped these characters in a way of thinking that from what ı saw on internet, ı dont think they deserve the hate. Even though there's a video titled " none hates leon " ı found which ı didnt find funny cause leon gets hated regardless of the writer behind him. Right now ı still dislike krauser's portrayal in re:4 but ı always enjoyed his og appearances voiced by jim ward. And ı still dont think steve deserves the hate that ı see on internet but ı dont want to see cv:re either cause ı can enjoy him in recv and darkside chronicles fine. I'm tired of " re: " games.

Well, I have decided after the outburst I seen today, I will not be covering RE any longer online. In fact, it's not because of a mere flame post, and more so just because I feel bored or mentally lethargic from talking about how the series has stupid plotlines today, or whatever.

To be honest, if you need your horror fix when you feel modern gaming isn't impressing you, go on IMDb, pick a year from a decade you know you like, and go enjoy the best horror movies the year has to offer if you haven't viewed them before, and I bet you you'll be happy you did that, instead of supporting a company that only wants to milk our wallets.

Or you can just stop looking at people as shills and those who are superior to them. It's not that hard. You can even still post things online.

In general though, I simply lost interest when I seen Capcom copying other games due to their popularity, and making silly games like RE8, which are mainline entries. So I am not dumb. I know industries just churn out things for a quick buck. Probably why films like Black Christmas and The Grudge were remade twice.

Top Bottom