• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Finished rerev2 on ps4 recently. I overall really enjoyed it, ı still think it's one of the best games in the series. I wished re engine games were as enjoyable as re6 and rerev2 but they just dont feel that way no matter how ı look to them.

With Gamescom beginning tomorrow, you never know. Capcom could have quite the surprise lined up.

If RE9 is announced soon, it better not be some other ridiculous fantasy game, with unusual enemies like they had in the last two RE Engine sequels. And no more first person, please. I think I have had enough of that for the time being.

I wouldn't be surprised if aliens will be on the card at some point. I mean, it just feels like they're making up things as they go along now. 👽

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Ada with re4r outfit.jpg

This is another mod that ı use for ada in re6. Her re4r outfit works really well in the game. Glad the mod doesnt change her face model either, always loved her face model in re6 the most.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
After a long while, ı came back to playing agent hunt on re6 through pc and ı still think rasklapanje is quite fun to play, even if still limited in regards to controls. Miss radamemes must have been having a lot of fun creating those creatures with c-virus.

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

A4.jpg

A5.jpg

A6.jpg

I took these screenshots in regards to agent hunt sessions. I used modmanager to mod the agents to ada and carla respectively, with ada also wearing her twin's outfit through a mod. I was always bothered with ada's campaign not being compatible through agent hunt so modmanager for re6 is still a really useful tool to solve that issue of mine. Sidegrabbing agents to catch them off guard never gets old for me.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I took one screenshot from remake as well as recorded a video from re6 on ps4.

Resident Evil™_20230806124342.jpg

View attachment RESIDENT EVIL 6_20230824162859.mp4

The screenshot is about a decapitated hunter from one of chris' flash grenades, seeing them get decapitated is quite immensely satisfying. The video is from re6 where ı got sherry killed to a rasklapanje on purpose, since ı like toying with them a lot, more so with low health that can recover to max after continuing from checkpoint. I can do this during my playthrough of re6 at times cause seeing their animation of killing the agents is still quite brutal.

Last edited:
I love the Hunters too.

They were always a force to be reckoned with in the earlier games and Revelations, and I was surprised at how ferocious Capcom made them in the RE3 remake. So I will give them kudos there...

The other things I feared were the large mutated frogs in 0 that can grab you with their tongue, and devour you whole.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

To me this is still another one of the most brutal death scenes in the series. After hurting ada's arm, it straight up impales her without driving it back. Re4r looks inspired by this and compared to it, ı still find re6 much better.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Played re6's campaigns more online coop for the last 2 days. Found a turkish person that ı added as a friend. We both love the game as well as share similar opinions about the series. Playing jake and sherry's campaign particularly felt quite emotional, it's been a long time since ı played other campaigns online. Many times ı play by myself rather than with others.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I also recently managed to fully upgrade all weapons in re5 on ps4. It took time but ı still did it. I still dont have infinite ammo for all weapons but that will also come close. Personally ı still dont find infinite ammo in re5 as good as re6 where it's more enjoyable there due to able to mix skills in more unique ways from my experience.

All of the animated movies provide better fan service than anything else in the RE Engine era. I enjoyed all of the movies, and I think Leon has been relocated to them because of how OP he is.

That's the problem, really. If you want to keep a series being survival horror, you need new blood, and this is what Capcom may struggle to provide. The mainline characters are too used to these type of missions, that it's more of an action oriented franchise.

RE8 is dope. In my opinion, it's the worst thing to happen to the franchise in years. For I sometimes dread to think what Capcom has in store next when that's the best they could come up with.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
All of the animated movies provide better fan service than anything else in the RE Engine era. I enjoyed all of the movies, and I think Leon has been relocated to them because of how OP he is.

That's the problem, really. If you want to keep a series being survival horror, you need new blood, and this is what Capcom may struggle to provide. The mainline characters are too used to these type of missions, that it's more of an action oriented franchise.

RE8 is dope. In my opinion, it's the worst thing to happen to the franchise in years. For I sometimes dread to think what Capcom has in store next when that's the best they could come up with.
I feel the same way. Degeneration and damnation particularly feel very personal as well as protagonist oriented while other cgi movies delve more into the flashbacks of the new antagonists while feeling less protagonist oriented compared to degeneration and damnation. But all of their stories are still more enjoyable than re engine games' stories ı think. I still dont think ı will ever play revillage at any point cause in the end, it's a continuation of re7's style while not looking like it brings anything interesting to offer. I still think the series peaked in 2012 and that wont ever change in my eyes.

Trust me. Just give it a hard pass.

It's a laughing stock. In one part of the game, Ethan goes to a house by a bridge and you lose your supplies upon arriving, which hardly makes sense. He ends up playing hide and seek with a puppet person named Angie. Later on, it gets more stupid. One of the main bosses turns into a giant cyborg thing, and I honesty think Capcom had to be on crack when they threw this storyline together. That's not counting the black dragon, the vampires and the Duke. It's just not RE, in my opinion.

It was just a stupid experience.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Trust me. Just give it a hard pass.

It's a laughing stock. In one part of the game, Ethan goes to a house by a bridge and you lose your supplies upon arriving, which hardly makes sense. He ends up playing hide and seek with a puppet person named Angie. Later on, it gets more stupid. One of the main bosses turns into a giant cyborg thing, and I honesty think Capcom had to be on crack when they threw this storyline together. That's not counting the black dragon, the vampires and the Duke. It's just not RE, in my opinion.

It was just a stupid experience.
I watched the cutscenes and ı agree. They made the japanese writer of re7 director of the game and ı still think that's one of the worst ways to handle a dev from story development. Basically they didnt hire a separate director for the project, they could have hired nakanishi at least and it would have been both dev and writer returning for the project. None of re engine games look as passionate projects as re6 and rerev2 to me where they were given far more effort and care in regards to their development than those games.

Franchises are always at their best in their infancy, but I agree that 2012 or maybe 2015 was the last great year for RE games.

With the exception of the RE4 remake, they have been rather shitty and forgettable in our modern era.

Top Bottom