• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I've been playing umbrella chronicles more on ps3 after finishing darkside chronicles and ı'm finding it easier there compared to darkside chronicles. This is different from playing them on dolphin where ı found umbrella chronicles harder than darkside chronicles. I also finished remake with chris on ps4 and ı enjoyed it very much. Still the best and only remake in the series to me.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I finished umbrella chronicles today. I think it's a good game and compared to darkside chronicles, ı would say ı enjoyed both equally. It's a bit different from my experience with them on dolphin emulator where ı enjoyed darkside chronicles more than umbrella chronicles but on ps3, the games feel equally enjoyable.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I still cant believe to the fact that in umbrella chronicles, unlocking infinite ammo for all weapons requires getting s ranks on all levels during hard difficulty. I think that's one of the hardest if not even the absolute hardest requirement to unlock infinite ammo ı've ever seen. On top of my head, only outbreak games can be more difficult cause you need to beat all levels on very hard difficulty to unlock infinity mode but that one still doesnt require a rank, you just need to beat the levels as vicious as they would be in those games. Umbrella chronicles however is straight up painful in regards to requirements, especially for a rail shooter with a " survival gun shooting " genre.

I don't blame you M for thinking GameFAQs is garbage. Just like a lot of forums, really. I think they don't get much sunshine.

RE6 is way better than 7 and 8. Try telling them that, and they go into crazy mode. Gee.

RE6 and the latest movie advanced group meetings for the mainline heroes. And I like that...

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I don't blame you M for thinking GameFAQs is garbage. Just like a lot of forums, really. I think they don't get much sunshine.

RE6 is way better than 7 and 8. Try telling them that, and they go into crazy mode. Gee.

RE6 and the latest movie advanced group meetings for the mainline heroes. And I like that...
You didnt create a thread there, right? I saw you creating new accounts to create new threads where you complain about the direction for the series starting with re4 but you still give re6 and rerev2 praise over re engine. I feel the same way as you but ı still appreciate the increase in action that started with re2 which ı cant say no to it since ı still enjoy re6. I'm also playing rerev2 more in my ps4 and ı'm overall enjoying it. I think it's better than pc port where just like re5, the game felt ported better to there than pc.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I was thinking about this and to me, neil betraying claire and terrasave is meant to be a repeat of wesker betraying chris as well as stars units. I remember seeing this once but it wasnt brought up many times so after thinking about it, ı think it feels like a betrayal as a way to hurt claire's mind state like wesker's betrayal on chris as well as chris losing multiple units under his command in re6. I still think neil boss fight is one of the best ones in the series due to this, ı always liked his mutant form but ı saw that some dont? It felt strange cause ı thought neil's mutant form looked creative due to both t-phobos and urobors activating inside his body. It's a shame that rerev2's localization is so unbelievably censored and many still seems to get behind the idea of claire loving neil like how steve loved her but ı dont see the comparison at all. I think they were just workers who had respect to each other and just like claire's " It's more reliable than any person. " line, claire having a " crush " on neil doesnt make sense either.

I only posted there because it's like, the only active forum remaining for games, apart from NeoGAF. Otherwise, you would have to go on Facebook where you are forced to use your real name, and it's just nothing like a classic forum.

Unfortunately, forums are not how they were in the mid-2000s. Why would they be? It's 2023. But I don't care about Twitter, which is now going by the name X, or Discord.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I only posted there because it's like, the only active forum remaining for games, apart from NeoGAF. Otherwise, you would have to go on Facebook where you are forced to use your real name, and it's just nothing like a classic forum.

Unfortunately, forums are not how they were in the mid-2000s. Why would they be? It's 2023. But I don't care about Twitter, which is now going by the name X, or Discord.
Honestly this forum being empty kinda benefits it since on popular platforms, people attack each other a lot of the time with insults. With a much more isolated place, the chances of condescending debates happening are much less. I still have a discord with my new account but ı definitely agree that xwixxer sucks more than it ever did.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Imo the struggle episode from rerev2 is one of the best dlcs in the series. I really like moira's character development there, ı thought it was well done at it. The only few parts ı'm not too found for it are the ration system where it's done through a limited save system as well as the stealth part with revenants where getting spotted drops the time to a whoppingly low amount. I played it on ps4 right now and ı quite enjoyed it. Rerev2 is very enjoyable on ps4 if not even more.

I haven't been following gaming lately, so I don't know what competition it has.

Personally, I don't think it's as great as the original. It wasn't by any means bad. It was better than 2 and 3, but I still don't think it's astonishing.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I haven't been following gaming lately, so I don't know what competition it has.

Personally, I don't think it's as great as the original. It wasn't by any means bad. It was better than 2 and 3, but I still don't think it's astonishing.
I still cant believe how much they dropped the ball in regards to aeon's relationship in re4r. I thought re2r was bad and with re4r, it becomes even worse than it was there. Their reunion in castle particularly, leon carelessly attacks ada with his knife despite knowing it's her. In og game, all he did was putting the knife into ada's throat rather than trying to slash her like in re4r. The scene was overall much better executed in og game than re engine version imo.

Top Bottom