• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Gaiden, BIO4 and Mold are inspired by John Carpenter's The Thing. This is an iconic sci-fi horror movie about an intracellular parasite that mimics any flesh it has absorbed/assimilated.
I think plaga is inspired by aliens though? Executer movie also seems to be inspired by that but it features an unnamed virus. From my understanding, it seems to be done with executer 1st under sugimura's writing even before gaiden. I didnt watch the thing movie unlike executer though, ı dont watch many horror movies, it might be more " scary " compared to resident evil's more streamlined approach.

I think plaga is inspired by aliens though?
The developers had several sources of inspiration, including Parasyte:

179b3fc2107db761ea36eb619aa26a76.jpg

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The developers had several sources of inspiration, including Parasyte:

179b3fc2107db761ea36eb619aa26a76.jpg
Yeah you're right, they were inspired by parasyte too. However from my understanding, alien series seems to be the main inspiration for the behaviour of plaga. Do you know what are the other inspirations for it other than the 3 mentioned examples?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The Alien and Terminator series was always a major inspiration well before RE4.
True it was. In one of the interviews for re2, kamiya even references it with his statement:

" --: But I think Resident Evil 2 is different from the original Resident Evil that Mr. Mikami directed. This time, I felt more of Mr. Kamiya's color in it.

K: Yes, the original Resident Evil is more orthodox horror, in Resident Evil 2, I put the atmosphere of action movie. It appeals to more people and showy. Also, I always like the entertaining Hollywood movie style, so it is simply what I wanted. "

He said this and yet many still think it didnt start with that game.

The Alien and Terminator series was always a major inspiration well before RE4.
Yeah. The metallic hallways and the T-1000. How he would relentlessly follow Sarah Connor is like how Nemesis stalks Jill throughout Raccoon City. He's also extremely hard to kill.

I also think RE2 took some ideas from Alligator, because in that movie, there's an overgrown gator found in the sewers.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

I found this. I seem to have forgotten this cutscene cause wesker goes ahead and laughs multiple times here. Just like waugh's laugh, jessop's laugh here also sounds incredibly terrible, more so due to it being the result of barry previously dying at the cost of one of the stupidest and most pointless decisions ever. I still cant believe they put that decision in the game where they literally made players to not give barry his " This! " so that wesker would laugh at jill's face later. Typical mikami writing right there.

I don't think Capcom really puts any thought into who signs on the dotted line to voice what role, to be honest. So as long as the money pours in for them, that's all that matters.

It's a pity RE got to become a big franchise, where it got tarnished somewhat. I'm grateful it did come this far, because that's incredible how a franchise that started in 1996 is still going strong today with the sales and generally positive reviews. But at the same time, questionable decisions on Capcom's part has often made me ask myself as to why I still follow along.

I sincerely hope RE9 can get back to the more true side of the series, and therefore ditch this fantasy nonsense, because I don't want it carrying over from RE8.

And yeah. Every character is getting on a bit, ages wise. So there's that problem too.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I got more games on both ps3 and ps4 couple days ago. I finally got chronicles hd collection on ps3 and ı also got rerev2 and remake on ps4. I finished darkside chronicles couple days ago and personally ı think it's a good game but ı find it quite difficult in regards to controls. On wii with dolphin emulator, the controls felt more smooth. I will play umbrella chronicles eventually but ı never liked it as much as darkside chronicles so it might take some while. I'm playing remake right now with chris and ı would say it's better than pc version cause ı had to adapt to the controls at the time but on ps4, the controls feel more smooth and the game also feels more easier. Still in many aspects, ı prefer wii version ı played on a dolphin emulator but ps4 port felt like a step up from pc port on steam.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
It seems the remake of RE2 has overtaken RE7 as the top selling entry in the series. So I reckon we can expect further reimaginings.

I saw that. It's wrong. Re5 is the best selling game followed by re4 being the 2nd best. From my understanding, re7 and re2r took over re6's sales but not re4 or re5. Still never liked the whole " Sales or reviews mean quality. " debates. They are quite pointless and repetitive.

Well, it looks like Biohaze will be my only forum now for RE talk, with most other forums being either dead or being filled with folk with an unwelcoming attitude. And I noticed Silent Hill Community gave up its forum today. Although hardly anyone posted there, just like with a lot of forums nowadays.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Well, it looks like Biohaze will be my only forum now for RE talk, with most other forums being either dead or being filled with folk with an unwelcoming attitude. And I noticed Silent Hill Community gave up its forum today. Although hardly anyone posted there, just like with a lot of forums nowadays.
Seems that way, isnt it? Twitter is becoming even worse than ever before, they just had to launch that stupid " x " thing and turn the site into " xwixxer " or something.

I noticed you're not able to DM anyone on Twitter now, unless you're verified with this blue tick.

Now I get that it's turning kid friendly like YouTube tries to be, but meh. And OnlyFans is the same. I used to come and go, but if I rejoin it now, they block your card payments shortly thereafter, basically until you can verify your age, email address, a screenshot of your face (which they claim isn't kept on record, AKA that's rubbish), and your ID. All are individually requested. 😫

It's too much. 🤓

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I noticed you're not able to DM anyone on Twitter now, unless you're verified with this blue tick.

Now I get that it's turning kid friendly like YouTube tries to be, but meh. And OnlyFans is the same. I used to come and go, but if I rejoin it now, they block your card payments shortly thereafter, basically until you can verify your age, email address, a screenshot of your face (which they claim isn't kept on record, AKA that's rubbish), and your ID. All are individually requested. 😫

It's too much. 🤓
I recently managed to delete my account on xwixxer. All ı had to do was switch the platform ı was using from firefox to edge. I did that and deleted my account on that hellish site.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Carlaeon.jpg

I took this screenshot. I think leon and ada with carla's outfit look awesome here. I'm glad the mod where carla's outfit can be swapped to change ada's default outfit exists, it's a lot of fun to play as ada with carla's outfit. It's an amazing combination of blue and red, my favourite colors.

Top Bottom