• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

I remember completing ORC with my sister in 2012, trying to get the fiddly Xbox 360 headsets to not act up. 😄

To be honest, I can't even remember the last time my sister and I played a game online. 😋

We used to enjoy the Tekken games. I grew out of them once I began playing survival horror. It was like I had found gold at the end of the rainbow, or something. LOL. 👛 🌈 🚶

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I remember completing ORC with my sister in 2012, trying to get the fiddly Xbox 360 headsets to not act up. 😄

To be honest, I can't even remember the last time my sister and I played a game online. 😋

We used to enjoy the Tekken games. I grew out of them once I began playing survival horror. It was like I had found gold at the end of the rainbow, or something. LOL. 👛 🌈 🚶
I havent played reorc for a very long time either. Same as survivor 2, gaiden and ucorps. During my timeline marathons, ı usually skip those games cause their gameplay arent as memorable to me but ı still like the background lore of survivor 2 and gaiden just like reorc. The game is not available on steam for me, it seems to be a region problem, ı had to download it from somewhere else to play it. The fact that ucorps is available on steam but not reorc is another reason why ı heavily despise that game, especially since ı couldnt find a way to download it from somewhere else so ı bought it in order to play it. If ı didnt play that game, ı doubt ı would heavily dislike re engine that much, it would have been more easier for me to take those games as separate from past but ı just dont.

Well, I don't consider the modern remakes canon, so I see them as a waste of time, and a huge disgraceful slap in the face of the classic era of horror gaming.

The only games I see as official are the 2002 remake, every spin off except maybe Operation Raccoon City and Project Resistance, the sequels, and the new material you play in the Wii shooters, and the animated stuff and comics.

Not the werewolf one. Basically, whatever ties into the games. Heavenly Island, etc.

The RE Engine REmakes are semi-canonical at most. When I played Campaign mode in both the 2019 BioHazard 2 REmake and 2020 BioHazard 3 REmake, it was like zapping between more semi-canonical scenarios to me!🧠🎮:LOL:

Leon scenarios in 2019 BioHazard 2 REmake = Leon C and D

Claire scenarios in 2019 BioHazard 2 REmake = Claire C and D

Jill scenario in 2020 BioHazard 3 REmake = Jill B

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The RE Engine REmakes are semi-canonical at most. When I played Campaign mode in both the 2019 BioHazard 2 REmake and 2020 BioHazard 3 REmake, it was like zapping between more semi-canonical scenarios to me!🧠🎮:LOL:

Leon scenarios in 2019 BioHazard 2 REmake = Leon C and D

Claire scenarios in 2019 BioHazard 2 REmake = Claire C and D

Jill scenario in 2020 BioHazard 3 REmake = Jill B
Both re7 and revillage feel like they are made as a case study for re2-3-4r. They return to a more re1-4 approach as a way to start from scratch while being case studies for the next games. I would group them together and tie them to ucorps as fragmented pieces from it. I still find it strange that they made reorc take place at a different universe and yet ucorps and re engine take place at capcom's official universe rather than through their own. I wished that reorc actually took place in the same universe as the previous entries, ı dont feel like it would have hurted anything, in terms of story and lore, there's more effort put into reorc than ucorps and re engine, even if the game was rushed. Just like re6, ı cant stand to the hatred bandwagon for reorc either despite still not liking the game that much.

Both re7 and revillage feel like they are made as a case study for re2-3-4r. They return to a more re1-4 approach as a way to start from scratch while being case studies for the next games. I would group them together and tie them to ucorps as fragmented pieces from it. I still find it strange that they made reorc take place at a different universe and yet ucorps and re engine take place at capcom's official universe rather than through their own. I wished that reorc actually took place in the same universe as the previous entries, ı dont feel like it would have hurted anything, in terms of story and lore, there's more effort put into reorc than ucorps and re engine, even if the game was rushed. Just like re6, ı cant stand to the hatred bandwagon for reorc either despite still not liking the game that much.

A Canadian citizen named Amanda Doiron was the Script Writer of Operation Raccoon City. Despite mixed REception of the game, Operation Raccoon City did sell big before the ill-fated closure of Slant Six Games.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
A Canadian citizen named Amanda Doiron was the Script Writer of Operation Raccoon City. Despite mixed REception of the game, Operation Raccoon City did sell big before the ill-fated closure of Slant Six Games.
Exactly even before re engine, capcom hired a western writer for reorc and just like those games, it also feels like a way to pull a paul w.s. anderson move. I think that's one of the reasons why the game was set in a different universe but that makes me dislike ucorps and re engine more. It's obvious to me that capcom ran out of story ideas since 2015 and decided to bring back both umbrella and wesker starting with ucorps as a way to start from stratch. And they still recycle assets from reorc only to not do anything about the game. It's as pointless to me as referencing re6 with the entries released after 2015.

Exactly even before re engine, capcom hired a western writer for reorc and just like those games, it also feels like a way to pull a paul w.s. anderson move. I think that's one of the reasons why the game was set in a different universe but that makes me dislike ucorps and re engine more. It's obvious to me that capcom ran out of story ideas since 2015 and decided to bring back both umbrella and wesker starting with ucorps as a way to start from stratch. And they still recycle assets from reorc only to not do anything about the game. It's as pointless to me as referencing re6 with the entries released after 2015.

Most of the Operation Raccoon City dev team weren't even Japanese citizens but the one exception was veteran Composer Shusaku Uchiyama. Even then, Slant Six Games delivered a "tokusatsu" vibe to REsonate with that game. It's like Operation Raccoon City was actually developed by people who grew up playing the wider BioHazard: RE franchise!🧠🎮:LOL:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Most of the Operation Raccoon City dev team weren't even Japanese citizens but the one exception was veteran Composer Shusaku Uchiyama. Even then, Slant Six Games delivered a "tokusatsu" vibe to REsonate with that game. It's like Operation Raccoon City was actually developed by people who grew up playing the wider BioHazard: RE franchise!🧠🎮:LOL:
I agree. It's a shame ı didnt enjoy the gameplay at the time but ı remember liking the cutscenes and overall the way the core story is executed. Both reorc and re6 feel like sequels made as a way to adapt anderson and degeneration / damnation movies respectively. Personally ı prefer suga's writing so ı naturally favor re6 over reorc as a result but reorc was also given the detail from a story standpoint. The environments particularly have a lot of details hidden at them, they even recycled aspects from that game for re2-3r. And despite that, those games still dont make use of raccoon's premise as much as reorc does.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I'm playing rerev right now as part of my timeline marathon and ı want to say that keith and quint are some of the best duos in the series. To me rerev is so-so when in regards to story and writing but from the new characters, ı would say they are the best ones. Just like chris and piers as well as claire and moira, they are a badass duo and ı wished they returned. They reference o'brian in re7 and ı always found that interesting but keith and quint still didnt come back in the same way parker returned in heavenly island. I've seen people asking for sheva and even piers to return but ı dont remember seeing anyone asking them to return. I'm actually surprised ı've seen them being hated for the reasons ı dont even understand.

Farfarello is also one of the best bows in the series to me. Just like licker betas in re5 and damnation as well as iluzija in re6, they are hunter alphas infected with a new virus and just like the latter they can become invisible. That's so badass imo.

I used to think a Code Veronica remake/reimagining would be one of the best picks for re engine, if not the best title to redo, but nowadays I wouldn't be so happy with that, I think a RE 0 + RE 1 definitive reimagining would be tons better than a CV one if properly executed with budget and time and if the same team from RE 4 remake takes care of it.

Since they already took so many liberties with the reimagining s of 2 and 3 I figure for a big classic like RE 1 they would still resort to stick with what works in RE engine and since RE 1 really is classic stuff they would be less inclined to turn it into an action fest and rehash and reimagine a few thinks just to increase the horror vibes and make the segments of the game situated at the mansion even more memorable.

CV in my eyes would be too much work to reimagine and perhaps not worth the effort if it end ups selling less than RE 4 remake. But I can see a RE 0 + RE 1 reimagining be much more easily marketed and becoming something similar to Dead Space remake.

Back when they were GameCube exclusive, BioHazard: RE Zero and the 2002 BioHazard 1 REmake undersold for CapCom. CapCom is too busy raking in profits from the HDified, multiplatform Origins Collection. Even if CapCom wants to commercially REmake full circle, they should pay attention to my BioHazard 1 fan REmake that I'm working on free of charge!🧠🎮👨‍💻:LOL:

So on the forum for the RE Fandom wiki, users replied there saying they want a CV remake and another remake of RE1.

No sirry. I don't have any faith in projects like that being faithful. With their habit of cutting out content, I couldn't imagine Capcom including every boss, room, item, or whatever we're discussing.

It's deplorable that people want remakes, knowing full well they're going to half-ass the game. Like when Shinji did his remake, he improved on the game, rather than removing things. This game was sensational to people that had already played the original game so many times. But these modern remakes are embarrassing in comparison.

Well both the public and critics reception for RE 4 remake prove they did a good enough job with it, and actually did it well enough by adding more of a survival horror flavor to RE 4 and less actiony than the previous RE 3 Remake, I think this is proof they are learning with their past mistakes, and by working their reimaginings with the biggest Classic titles probably is best than the other less popular ones, because they recognize it's a big responsibility to fill those shoes so these reimaginings end up being a very productive and rewarding endeavour from a developer standpoint... Also because they go back to the drawing board and dig at some conceptual work from past eras, the whole experience might provide a treasure trove for adding both gameplay and scenarios into brand new titles that come next.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Back when they were GameCube exclusive, BioHazard: RE Zero and the 2002 BioHazard 1 REmake undersold for CapCom. CapCom is too busy raking in profits from the HDified, multiplatform Origins Collection. Even if CapCom wants to commercially REmake full circle, they should pay attention to my BioHazard 1 fan REmake that I'm working on free of charge!🧠🎮👨‍💻:LOL:
That seems to be the reason why mikami wanted more action for re4, much more than re2, re3 and recv upping their action elements. Personally ı never understood why they made dmc1 create its own series, it could have fit into re series as a new title, even as a spinoff while re4 would still release as it is. " Too much action " still sounds like a weird complaint to me, ı enjoy action elements, in ways even more than horror elements. Re6 also didnt sell as much as capcom intended so they forcibly pulled a " reboot " with re7 while also returning to a more horror approach and stripping the game as much as possible. And dont get me started on those paid dlcs, they are so greedy, even re3r offers more than re7 without those dlcs.

@RipvanX

I REspect your advocacy of labour unions and that brings me to the next point:

If CapCom put me in charge of a BioHazard 1 REmake, I'd add co-op multiplayer as a way to unionize the S.T.A.R.S!🧠👨‍💻🎮⭐:LOL:

Albert Wesker is the most likable character to have a single-player scenario in a BioHazard: RE game. Albert Wesker had a decent piece of the playable pie to himself in The Umbrella Chronicles. As a bipartisan compromise with co-op multiplayer, I'll make Albert Wesker the truly single-player ⭐ in Campaign mode to my BioHazard 1 fan REmake!😎

Last edited:
@RipvanX

I REspect your advocacy of labour unions and that brings me to the next point:

If CapCom put me in charge of a BioHazard 1 REmake, I'd add co-op multiplayer as a way to unionize the S.T.A.R.S!🧠👨‍💻🎮⭐:LOL:

Albert Wesker is the most likable character to have a single-player scenario in a BioHazard: RE game. Albert Wesker had a decent piece of the playable pie to himself in The Umbrella Chronicles. As a bipartisan compromise with co-op multiplayer, I'll make Albert Wesker the truly single-player ⭐ in Campaign mode to my BioHazard 1 fan REmake!😎
Very good concepts for Capcom if they ever decide for a reimaging of RE 1, basically expand Wesker adventure from what we already saw in Umbrella Chronicles but with the over the shoulder survival action presented by the modern RE remakes.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
1682539867165.jpeg

So here's an image ı took at the end of rerev during my timeline marathon. A question but what does " chief script writer " even mean? Does it mean dai sato was the one leading up the writing team from storyriders co ltd which seems to be credited for the script? There are also naruki nagakawa and muga takeda where they are also credited as script writers. What did they do exactly, did they help dai sato during the writing? I also looked up to imdb and they arent credited for the writing and yet here at the credits, they are, pretty much proving the unreliability of editable fan sites.

Man, some people online aren't a full shilling.

On some other forums I go on, the forums are either severely lacking in active users, or the relatively few members present who reply, are acting like idiots.

They say you're "shitposting" if you say anything negative about Capcom.

But meh. Sheep are like that...

Back in 2016, Donald Trump marketed his Presidential/Vice Presidential ticket by saying "If you don't like me, you get him". That selling point died out after Jan 6th insurrectionists chanted for execution of his Vice President though.

However, I have a unique voter base who play BioHazard: RE games and I need to do a REverse marketing pitch to successfully sell my Presidential/Vice Presidential ticket in 2036:

"Even if you don't like my Vice Presidential pick, you still get me as your Presidential pick!"🧠🎮🗳️:LOL:

Attachments

• modern-problems-solutions.gif
    modern-problems-solutions.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Top Bottom