• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

As a touch up on enemy variety
I don't like first person either. If they are going to introduce other characters and hide their face so you cannot even sway the camera to "get a look" at him or her, then I'm done.

Two games of that is too much already. 💀

In fairness, BioHazard: RE Village or more precisely the Gold Edition conceded us an option between first-person and over-the-shoulder mode.

Mafia 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2 allow you to kill enemies from the KKK. Both of these games were of course influenced by over-the-shoulder combat in Resident Evil 4. So I figured my BioHazard 1 fan REmake should have a piece of the action in killing KKK too!🧠🎮:LOL:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
As a touch up on enemy variety

In fairness, BioHazard: RE Village or more precisely the Gold Edition conceded us an option between first-person and over-the-shoulder mode.
I saw that option for revillage. It doesnt look like it fits to the game, the game is still designed around 1st person perspective. And ethan's existence is as pointless as ever. I wished they gave more screentime to chris' hound wolf squad, as a concept, ı like it much more than not a hero and even vendetta.

Yeah. They gave you the option to play RE8 in first or third person, following their update in the fall of last year. Unfortunately, they still rigged it up so that you couldn't have a glimmer of hope of seeing Ethan's face. 😆

Mega Man or more precisely the Battle Network incarnation punched a boulder even before Chris Redfield!🧠:LOL:

megaman-exe-was-punching-boulders-before-it-was-cool-v0-2yx03p0te3y91.jpg

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I was browsing through youtube and ı literally saw a re6 review in turkish. The name of it is so cringeworthy and seems dedicated at putting as much bloated negativity as possible. I even checked the early footage and right from start, he gets many things wrong. Like complaining about qtes, complaining about one qte not being possible to fail, stating that zombies dont feel like zombies which makes no sense cause they are zombies and dynamite wielding zombies not exploding if they arent shot even though they do. It's so pathetic and there are still people who agree with those people. What is even their problem anyway? The game is more than 10 years old and they are still yelling dumb nonsense about it, the cringeworthy negativity meme about the game is so annoying.

I was browsing through youtube and ı literally saw a re6 review in turkish. The name of it is so cringeworthy and seems dedicated at putting as much bloated negativity as possible. I even checked the early footage and right from start, he gets many things wrong. Like complaining about qtes, complaining about one qte not being possible to fail, stating that zombies dont feel like zombies which makes no sense cause they are zombies and dynamite wielding zombies not exploding if they arent shot even though they do. It's so pathetic and there are still people who agree with those people. What is even their problem anyway? The game is more than 10 years old and they are still yelling dumb nonsense about it, the cringeworthy negativity meme about the game is so annoying.

October 2nd was the 10th Anniversary of the BioHazard 6 RElease but that said, you brought up a great point.

That Turkish REviewer (whoever their name is) could have invested more time and money to help Arab/Kurdish refugees who don't even share his privilege to play a BioHazard: RE videogame. Instead, he acts like a fool with less credibility than an Ottoman Emperor.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
October 2nd was the 10th Anniversary of the BioHazard 6 RElease but that said, you brought up a great point.

That Turkish REviewer (whoever their name is) could have invested more time and money to help Arab/Kurdish refugees who don't even share his privilege to play a BioHazard: RE videogame. Instead, he acts like a fool with less credibility than an Ottoman Emperor.
I agree, ı still cant believe people make clickbait videos all the time, especially when it revolves around older games. Like ı've seen many " lets play " type of videos for re6 where the game is played on coop and all they do is to poke fun at the game about how " bad " it is, ı even check the comment sections and those people there also hop in their fun with their obnoxious memes, even when they claim they " like " or " enjoy " the game. Basically " You can like it but it sucks. " , " It's so bad it's good. " , " Good game, not good entry " etc. Overrated obnoxious memes overall. They are wasting their time on something they dont even actually like.

I think youngdefiant is like that. Every video he uploads is him saying a game is trash, or whatever. But none of the videos are well structured or provide any logical explanation for the key points, or lack thereof. Yet somehow, he has thousands of subs from just talking a lot of crap.

Meh.

Thank you all for waiting about my BioHazard 1 fan REmake. I haven't yet finished on a Rebecca Chambers-Richard Aiken Episode but in the meantime, I finished working on a model for the African-American Kenneth J. Sullivan and will use him to test out the gameplay even before I release a demo.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

I found this video. From the comparisons, ı prefer og game over the new game. However ı didnt like that gamecube version is picked as comparison, ı dont like that port due to missing separate ways, re4r has aspects included from separate ways despite still missing the scenario. In terms of faithfulness, ı find re4r better than re2-3r but ı still wouldnt ignore their og counterparts.

I also noticed that gamecube version is quite loud. I quickly checked a cutscene of re4's later ports and they sound more quiet? The audio feels exaggerated but the scenes still look better executed in og game than re engine version.

I found this video. From the comparisons, ı prefer og game over the new game. However ı didnt like that gamecube version is picked as comparison, ı dont like that port due to missing separate ways, re4r has aspects included from separate ways despite still missing the scenario. In terms of faithfulness, ı find re4r better than re2-3r but ı still wouldnt ignore their og counterparts.

I also noticed that gamecube version is quite loud. I quickly checked a cutscene of re4's later ports and they sound more quiet? The audio feels exaggerated but the scenes still look better executed in og game than re engine version.

The original BioHazard: RE4 originally REleased on GameCube but with that said, I'm proud that I waited out for the PS2 REpublication back then. Despite the graphical power of the GameCube, the PS2 REpublication maximized in-game content for your buck at a time when traditional videogame systems hadn't yet mainstreamed DLC into videogames. The PS2 REpublication of the original BioHazard: RE4 offered a level of content comparable to a Gold Edition.

A datamine REvealed that Separate Ways will be a DLCified concession for the BioHazard 4 REmake by the way.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The original BioHazard: RE4 originally REleased on GameCube but with that said, I'm proud that I waited out for the PS2 REpublication back then. Despite the graphical power of the GameCube, the PS2 REpublication maximized in-game content for your buck at a time when traditional videogame systems hadn't yet mainstreamed DLC into videogames. The PS2 REpublication of the original BioHazard: RE4 offered a level of content comparable to a Gold Edition.

A datamine REvealed that Separate Ways will be a DLCified concession for the BioHazard 4 REmake by the way.
Did you play re4 on emulators? I fully played ps2 port on pcsx2 and ı enjoyed the gameplay but ı still didnt like the controls, particularly aiming. Idk ı'm more used to keyboard and mouse aiming so playing re4's hd port on steam already makes the game feel like a remake to me. Same as re5 which ı've been playing on my ps3 and ı think the aiming controls are better than re4 ps2 but ı like the inventory system even less compared to both re4 and re6.

I also tried re4's gamecube and wii ports on dolphin briefly and the controls there felt even more unbearable than ps2.

Did you play re4 on emulators? I fully played ps2 port on pcsx2 and ı enjoyed the gameplay but ı still didnt like the controls, particularly aiming. Idk ı'm more used to keyboard and mouse aiming so playing re4's hd port on steam already makes the game feel like a remake to me. Same as re5 which ı've been playing on my ps3 and ı think the aiming controls are better than re4 ps2 but ı like the inventory system even less compared to both re4 and re6.

I also tried re4's gamecube and wii ports on dolphin briefly and the controls there felt even more unbearable than ps2.

1) I haven't yet played the original BioHazard: RE4 on emulators but I do have PCSX2 emulator and Dolphin emulator though

2) The BioHazard: RE5 inventory system was shaped very similar to the original RE1 because there was one slot per item. However, the most difficult aspect is that activating the inventory required the player characters to be completely immobile in BioHazard: RE5 though

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
1) I haven't yet played the original BioHazard: RE4 on emulators but I do have PCSX2 emulator and Dolphin emulator though

2) The BioHazard: RE5 inventory system was shaped very similar to the original RE1 because there was one slot per item. However, the most difficult aspect is that activating the inventory required the player characters to be completely immobile in BioHazard: RE5 though
With re5's inventory, the thing that ı wasnt a fan of is the shortcut system when playing with a controller. On pc, it's possible to quickly equip all 9 items with assigned keys while with a controller, it's limited to only 4 items. I still dont like the quick reload trick, especially since it doesnt fit to the game despite having reload upgrades. I prefer re4, re6 and rerev2's inventory systems.

Regardless of who I pick as a Vice Presidential running mate, that VP running mate will raise a great deal of questions from American voters who play BioHazard: RE games. That's exactly why my VP running mate is mandated to play at least 1 BioHazard: RE game even prior to a Vice Presidential debate!🧠🎮🗳️:LOL:

I wish Paul Anderson hadn't got his grubby hands on the RE name. He's making another movie soon. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.

Evil Dead: Rise came out on Thursday and had gotten successful preview showings before it got a wider release yesterday. It looks great, even though Bruce Campbell only has a voice role this time around.

I can still enjoy non RE horror franchises, you see. RE is the pits now.

Top Bottom