• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

Even if I can't form a United States Biohazard Scholars Party with the Resident Evil videogame community in USA, I at least have this self-made Short to roast the umbrella corporate party system!🧠:LOL:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
It's pathetic. Haven't they milked the franchise enough?

Enough is never enough to Capcom.
I agree, 16 years is enough time period for the series to continue, ı think the series should have ended in 2012. Meanwhile with re engine, all they are doing is to keep producing reboots over and over. They try to be sequels, remakes, reimaginings as well as reboots but dont succeed at being any of them in my eyes.

Speaking of, ı saw people bringing up the so called " racism " about re5's story and how it doesnt make sense to " remake " the story due to that even though all capcom thinks is money and nothing more. It doesnt matter how it will happen, it might happen and that's what matters to capcom.

Those " It's racist! " complaints for re5 are as bad as the entire hatred bandwagon for re6, they are nothing more than overrated obnoxious memes.

There's nothing remotely racist about RE5. That was a result of silly people just trying to be controversial.

In my opinion, 5 is the same game as 4, bar none. Yet for some reason, nobody said Leon shooting the Spanish speaking people in 4 was in any way racist, because they're going to glorify that game to the bitter end. So I'd just chalk it up to people being hypocritical as always.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
There's nothing remotely racist about RE5. That was a result of silly people just trying to be controversial.

In my opinion, 5 is the same game as 4, bar none. Yet for some reason, nobody said Leon shooting the Spanish speaking people in 4 was in any way racist, because they're going to glorify that game to the bitter end. So I'd just chalk it up to people being hypocritical as always.
I know right? Both re4 and re5 feature plaga infected enemies that you fight, you dont even fight against normal uninfected enemies at those games. Same as re6, again j'avos are also c-virus infected bow, ı usually facepalm at " call of duty " type of complaints. It feels nothing like call of duty, gears of war and even vanquish; it feels more like a dmc game adapted into re series instead. Ironic cause dmc1 felt like a re game adapted into a new series.

In re3, nikolai can attack utilizing the chopper and you can blow that up. He's a normal human antagonist, not even infected with anything unlike j'avos in re6 that can control vehicles while following carla's orders due to queen-soldier ant relationship from t-veronica coming into play for the virus. Alfred in recv can also shoot with his sniper rifle and despite being a veronica clone, he's also not infected with anything unlike nemesis, plaga and c-virus creatures. With carla becoming a c-virus doppelganger of ada, progenitor's potential on her seems more realized than alfred and even alexia. To me re6 is still the entry that realizes progenitor's potential the most during the story, to the point it feels more like an actual re3 than both 1999 game and re engine version of it.

I was posting on Beyond3D today and you get the same dumbass replies as what you do on any other generic forum that covers gaming. They are all RE4 fanboys. Capcom's sheep.

Meh. I am about done with this whole 'defending the RE name' gig. They don't give a damn. It's time to go do something else more productive, or at least walk away with some dignity intact.

Umbrella Corporation established their very first laboratory by confiscating acres of land on the African continent. Anybody who ignores that REality is ironically sweeping racism under the rug!🧠🎮:LOL:

I know. They just haven't got a clue.

They don't even support the old games like we do. I'm willing to bet RE4 was their first game. I seriously doubt they played the games prior to 2005.

That's okay. But the amount of damage controlling they do for that game, is sad.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Umbrella Corporation established their very first laboratory by confiscating acres of land on the African continent. Anybody who ignores that REality is ironically sweeping racism under the rug!🧠🎮:LOL:
Even before re5, the nazism was already established in the storyline to the point they expanded umbrella with more founders as a way to benefit spencer so that he would backstab them while stealing their credit. Re0 and dead aim also reference africa. With re5, they decided to embrace progenitor story roots, especially after how re4 felt incredibly barebones storywise. Re6 goes even further about this by taking it to a new direction through utilizing g and t-veronica.

RE is so convoluted, it's amazing how Capcom doesn't think to make a website or a book or something, entirely devoted to covering their obscure timeline. Because even I cannot be bothered trying to piece it all together. LOL. 😶

Wishful thinking time. I wish Team Silent hadn't departed from Konami either. I also feel like Capcom has become bigger money grabbers than they were when RE4 was originally released. Because they know they can play us.

"Things change, Charlie. Things... change!"-Ug, Critters 4

Yama

Owner
SPOILER_VZc57nJ.png

Hmm, lol...

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
SPOILER_VZc57nJ.png

Hmm, lol...
Yeah ı saw her on wesker's monitor at the end of re4r. Stairway of the sun is also showcased at wesker's monitor. Chris is shown as well, they show an image of him with his rerev outfit while he's on the mountains with jessica. I suppose re5r will come next after whatever name re9 will get.

The City of Little Rock, Arkansas was recently hit by a tornado on March 31st of this year. Little Rock, Arkansas isn't too far from Raccoon City but on the brighter side, Little Rock, Arkansas did have FEMA assistance though.

I don't live in Arkansas but my paternal half brother and his two sons do though. They were thankfully alive under that circumstance.

I'm more excited for RE9 or a Revelations 3 than ever, after seeing that awesome new Death Island trailer they just dropped, revealing the release date as the 7th of July. 🥳

Even if it takes Capcom a long ass time to get their butts into gear, they certainly do deliver the goods. 🍑 🎁

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I'm more excited for RE9 or a Revelations 3 than ever, after seeing that awesome new Death Island trailer they just dropped, revealing the release date as the 7th of July. 🥳

Even if it takes Capcom a long ass time to get their butts into gear, they certainly do deliver the goods. 🍑 🎁
If they would ditch the generic 1st person route while going back to re6 / rerev2 approach, it would be wonderful. Neither re7 nor revillage feel like bio storywise. I also would prefer re engine to be ditched in favor of a much more impressive game engine, the art style of it is quite dull compared to mt framework.

I don't like first person either. If they are going to introduce other characters and hide their face so you cannot even sway the camera to "get a look" at him or her, then I'm done.

Two games of that is too much already. 💀

Top Bottom