• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yeah, the blue light lantern she finds can stop them temporarily. Just think of Moira's flashlight in Rev2 as a reference.
That makes sense. However ı feel that rerev2's mechanic is more satisfying to utilize, especially since moira can stun enemies with it as well as use crowbar and bottles while all ashley's lantern does is to stop armaduras from moving. It quite reminded me of revillage's baby section, particularly due to elevators to escape through them. I was wondering whether the game would be heavily inspired by re6 and rerev2 but the similarities to those games are quite slim with the gameplay being crippled in the process.

Since these are remakes of old games, I don't get why Capcom felt the need to take out the original costumes like the RPD outfit and Ada's red dress. I'd say the attire is as well known as their lines. So even if it's things they can release in an update as DLC, I still think it's odd not to have them in from the start.

Capcom is pulling a Disney storywise with these recent RE games. My investment in the lore up until 2015’s Rev2 is pretty much where it stops at this point. I was still intrigued by what RE7 was trying to do at the time but was Last Jedied by RE8. The reimaginings did not do the OG stories justice, RE:4 is no exception. I don’t get why they keep remixing and changing lore around when it serves no purpose to do so like with Operation Javier which was basically retconned.

RE4 never had the greatest storyline but the characters and their charm really carried the original. In the remake the performances are off putting in a lot of instances. You barely see Salazar at all. Ada and Wesker are simply awful and they didn’t even try to keep them faithful to their old voices. I was baffled that they kept some of the worst segments as well but they did improve on the fun factor of them.

Moving forward with RE, I will simply enjoy the games for what they are because I still think this is one of the better ones when it comes to the gameplay. This is one of the much harder RE games and the situations the enemies put you in can be unreal at times. It’s more like an Evil Within game to its approach which is ofc ironic because Mikami. My battle at the crane segment on the island was insane.

RE:4 proves the more action orientated side of RE is still very much alive and has an audience that desperately wants it. After 6 years of clunky slow paced Ethan games this is a welcome change.
I feel Resident Evil 4 remake is less action than the original. Bolt thrower is a must if want to save ammo. I didn't used it and i was running out of ammo constantly. Never had that problem in original even though i use only 4 weapons in my play through

Since these are remakes of old games, I don't get why Capcom felt the need to take out the original costumes like the RPD outfit and Ada's red dress. I'd say the attire is as well known as their lines. So even if it's things they can release in an update as DLC, I still think it's odd not to have them in from the start.
I have grown to accept it at this point. Capcom doesn’t seem to care about character consistency between games. Changing their voice actors, likeness, and even personality makes it hard to stay invested. They have no respect for VA’s or the work that they do, after hearing they dropped RE:2 Ada VA because she was union made by blood boil.

It really does feel like each game belongs in its own universe, especially after everything’s been reimagined and disconnected from prior lore.

Last edited:
I have grown to accept it at this point. Capcom doesn’t seem to care about character consistency between games. Changing their voice actors, likeness, and even personality makes it hard to stay invested. They have no respect for VA’s or the work that they do, after hearing they dropped RE:2 Ada VA because she was union made by blood boil.

It really does feel like each game belongs in its own universe, especially after everything’s been reimagined and disconnected from prior lore.

In a free market, labour unions don't get busted but people are free to not join a labour union either. Ignoring Jolene Andersen's labour union ties for a moment, she was REplaced by Lily Gao to voice Ada Wong in the BioHazard 4 REmake. I sense that CapCom had an Asian persuasion!🧠:LOL:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

I dont think jolene anderson is union though? She didnt voice ada neither in damnation nor re6. Courtenay taylor did. She did the mocap for ada and hunnigan in damnation and since re4r features both ada and hunnigan in the same game unlike re2r which doesnt have hunnigan, ı think that's why they changed ada's va again. Personally ı would have preferred courtenay taylor to voice ada again. Salli saffioti not voicing hunnigan anymore is also disappointing to me, her dismissal feels as annoying as alyson court's dismissal from voicing claire.

That’s what I heard, Capcom was the same way with Alyson Court since she is also union. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nicole Tompkins wasn’t reprised for a RE:5 at this point.

Alyson Court was already divorced from Erik Suzuki in 2005. The writing was on the wall for her to go separate ways from CapCom!🧠:LOL:

oh-snap-dave-chappelle.gif

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
That’s what I heard, Capcom was the same way with Alyson Court since she is also union. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nicole Tompkins wasn’t reprised for a RE:5 at this point.
From my understanding, re6 was the last time where the english va was union. Starting with rerev2, they started to go non-union with acting. For jill, ı miss patricia ja lee as va and wished that she returned to voice the character.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I still have no idea how long this " remake " recycling is gonna continue. I wonder if re7 and revillage will also be redone but with a new game engine. Capcom can take this to anywhere, even through utilizing new game engines. It just reeks out laziness with no creativity whatsoever. I wished both sugimura and suga were alive so that they teamed up together to expand the past to this very day. I miss their writing eras, without neither of them, the soul of the series just doesnt feel there to me.

E3 has been cancelled. I don't know if Capcom had any RE content lined up. I'm sure there will be an alternative, so you need not worry about it too much.

Bummer. That makes 2 years back to back now. So I guess E3 is officially done.

Donald Trump made the BioHazard: RE videogame franchise even more RElevant than before he was USA President🧠🎮:LOL:

• The North American PS1 RElease of RE1 was published on March 30th, 1996

• Donald Trump REceived his very 1st indictment on the 27th Anniversary to the North American localization of RE1 on PS1

All that said, I'll do a marathon of even more gameplay livestreams with BioHazard: RE1 and a wider library of BioHazard: RE games too!

On a sheet of paper, I finished writing 2 slogans that will REsonate my Presidential campaign in the buildup to 2036!🧠🎮🗳️:LOL:

• MAPREV [Make America Play Resident Evil Videogames]

• ALPFA [Always Low Prices For America]

Summer Game Fest will be seemingly "replacing" E3.

I have no idea if Capcom has any RE content planned. I really hope they announce RE9 someday soon, as I want to know more about the future of the franchise rather than its past.

I would rather not hear about any more remakes. I've almost threw in the towel with RE altogether as it's a bore seeing Capcom constantly doing remakes, or going back to Raccoon City, which to me is rubble in my imagination.

Summer Game Fest will be seemingly "replacing" E3.

I have no idea if Capcom has any RE content planned. I really hope they announce RE9 someday soon, as I want to know more about the future of the franchise rather than its past.

I would rather not hear about any more remakes. I've almost threw in the towel with RE altogether as it's a bore seeing Capcom constantly doing remakes, or going back to Raccoon City, which to me is rubble in my imagination.

• If CapCom gave us a DLCified Operation Javier with co-op 2 player, we'd have something additional to hold us up until CapCom announces BioHazard: RE9

• Assuming that CapCom Japan announces BioHazard: RE9 soon, I'll have more leverage as USA President to block any more REmakes in RE Engine

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
  • If CapCom gave us a DLCified Operation Javier with co-op 2 player, we'd have something additional to hold us up until CapCom announces BioHazard: RE9

• Assuming that CapCom Japan announces BioHazard: RE9 soon, I'll have more leverage as USA President to block any more REmakes in RE Engine
Just wait until wesker comes back at whatever name re9 will get. Then re5r will happen.

Cloning occurs in the movies, so I definitely see Jill one day having five clones killed by, you guessed it.

A Wesker clone. But the real Jill kicks his ass. 😁

No Alice, please. We don't talk about Alice. 🤮

Top Bottom