• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Blue Umbrella

So "I'm right but I won't give actual reasons, nor do I feel like actually adressing what you said"?

Be careful, or you might become what you hate. Baseless accusations like nothing being planned out is what I'd expect from Youtube and news site comments, not from an informed fan like you.

The world isn't "cool with it". They just are forced to tolerate them. I have given plenty of reasons why, and you have deliberately ignored all of them.

Since when is unexpected a bad thing? These kinds of statements just kill it for me, ever since 2010.

reading the materials of the Side A and B Novellas from Crimson Head Elder (the sections that I hadn't read before on PU) reveal interesting tidbits.

one in particular being the likely possibility of a weapon(s) being created by BU with the use of a precious metal recovered from Sergei's knife amidst his death by the hands of Wesker:

Sergei held the knife out to Wesker. "Of course you don't. It is made from a material that is unique on Earth. Perhaps you have heard of the Tunguska explosion. It is said that the cause of the explosion is still a mystery, but the Soviet Government knew exactly what happened there. This knife is made of the unique metal which was found in the ground in Siberia. It rusts and yet it does not corrode. It is so light yet it is much harder than steel and it can be fine polished to an incredible sharpness. I have had several blades forged from this metal. It is an absolute dream material. Unfortunately it is not yet possible to analyse it, so it cannot be mass-manufactured. But I do not really care, I have what I want and now I am going to try it out..."

It's very possible that either:

A) Wesker was able to find the remaining materials of this metal and use them

or B

B) was able to analyze them and manufacture them or at the very least leave some blueprints behind that BU could capitalize on.

its very possible that this metal had a hand in creating weapons such as the Thor's Hammer which ties into the practicality of using it in close quarters combat as well.

A unique and exciting opportunity presents itself with the return of Umbrella and the potential resurfacing of the UMF-013 - we could finally see original Red Umbrella projects continued. With the chaotic events in 1998 sending the company into desperation, many BOWs were never perfected. Umbrella envisioned BOWs far more advanced and practical than the ones encountered, but the sudden emergence of competition from the Rival Org, exposure to the public eye, buisness suspension decree in the US, the perpetual legal struggle in the Raccoon trials, internal betrayals and conflict, destruction of valuable research facilities , and deaths of important investors and employees forced RU to mass produce products that never got out of the prototype stage, or even worse, were originally designated failures, like Chimeras, Webspinners, or Hunter Gammas. With BU emergng, however, previously dropped research could continue.

For example, Tyrants could finally be perfected. Umbrella wanted Tyrants that were indistinguishable from regual humans. I've recently begun thinking about Maria in this respect- she looked entirely human, yet like Tyrants, lacked any semblance of human emotion, not including her attitude around Diego. Speaking of her father, he was confirmed to be a Tyrant, and his experimentations were concurrent with Maria's. Maybe she is actually a perfected Tyrant? This isn't directly related to BU, but we could see similiar results from them.

BU could also resume Nemesis research, a luxury RU couldn't afford.

As poweful as Umbrella weapons were, they are a shadow of what the company would have produced had the Queen Leech not attacked

Yes the plot always keep coming with upgraded and/or brand new bows but I don´t think Blue Umbrella would be the ones dealing with this aspect, they are doing more of the anti-bow gun research, and keeping the Private Military Company, the trained soldiers to combat bow and rescue civillians, that kind of thing, the shady stuff like development of viral and biological weapons research must be Umbrella Corp side that probably has different researchers and managers and would only have the leader/CEO in common both the chief of BU and UC (this corp has the red logo and is unknown to the public).

Also T.A.L.O.S bow from Umbrella Chronicles was intended as an evolution of the Tyrant, wasn´t it? T.A.L.O.S. is a lot more equipped and capable of destroying heavy artillery like tanks? And the RE 6 Ustanak was generally viewed as a more "sophisticated" Nemesis too.

Which bows would you consider the top of the line from all the games?

I´d guess the more evolved C+ virus and HAOS (although he did not reached his full capacity, apparently just 70%) next to Eveline seemed the ones that can cause more destruction and harm than any other bow in existence, though Uroboros fully developed and compatible hosts where never really explored in detail (their crucial extreme power of regeneration and immortality must put them up there with the previous bows i listed)

Morpheus was essentially the ultimate Tyrant.

He retained all of his intelligence and thoughts whilst picking up great power.

We don’t know how well he could’ve refrained from G-mutation as we never got to see him go up against anything else other than the Charged Particle Rifle.

@Weskers Report It would be cool if all these Tyrants and more powerful bows participated in a deatchmatch tournament, to see exactly which one would eventually be the real winner. (excluding Evie and her unstoppable army of molded).

BU's anti-BOW work is simply the public side of the corporation. It's true purpose is the creation of a new world order where only the strong survive, as they say in UCorps. Remember, this was originally Wesker's group.

The team with the red logo is just an elite unit, like the USS, not nessesarily the entire dark side of the company, which reaches to the leadership level.

We don't know exactly how they operate yet, but they need to dominate both sides of the conflict. That means fighting BOWs and contributing to their creation.

T-ALOS's purpose was different than the original Tyrant concept. Tyrants were supposed to be unfeeling, intelligent super soldiers that could blend in with regular humans. Imagine a pursuer like the Nemesis T-type that looks like a regular person - it would be perfect not just for the battlefield, but assasination and infiltration. Umbrella's last attempt at making human-like Tyrants was with Hypnos, but with it and Sheena Island destroyed, they lost that line of research, and their desperate situation meant they could'nt just start over.

T-ALOS was an attempt to create a Tyrant with unsurpassed efficiency in combat against armored vehicles and multiple combatants. It dropped all sublety in favor of raw power. It wasn't a route they originally wanted to take, as cybernetic enhancements take away from the point of BOWs (weapons that can cheaply be mass produced via cloning).

Ustanak was created by using a rare host who was highly compatable with the C-Virus. While it had regenerative potential and intelligence surpassing even Nemesis, it looked no more human. With the only specimen destroyed and it's creator dead, it's unknown if it can/will ever be reproduced.

HAOS was a doomsday weapon, and it's sole purpose was to wipe out all life on the planet.

The pustule masses created by Uroboros are completely uncontrollable and pose a massive risk to the planet if used. Uroboros adapters would be immortals surpassing anything else seen so far, but they would retain free will and be of no use as weapons - just as evolved humans, like Wesker.

The Mold has the potential to be the perfect weapon, able to quickly and quietly subvert entire armies without even directly engaging them. Mold Thralls retain their human forms and can gain near immortality, like Tyrants were supposed to, but a side effect of infection is insanity and extremely sadistic tendencies toward themeselves and others. Even more problematic, control is limited to Subjects like Eveline, and there is currently no reliable way to control them, so the Mold needs further modifications to be practical.

Besides controlling armies of infected, the Mold can also create unlimited numbers of Molded.

Morpheus' electric shield gives him an advantage, but once that is penetrated he is just an unstable Tyrant. Kodoku Tyrants are especially tough.

Tyrants retaining intelligence and even personality isn't rare at this point, between Ultimate Abyss, Sergei, Diego, Niel, and Morio.

It depends on what you have in mind when looking for "the best". If you want viruses able to wipe out all life on the planet with no regard for user safety, then t-Veronica, t-Abyss and Uroboros can do so when released in an ideal enviroment, while HAOS was created to specifically spread C to everyone.

If you want an obedient army, the Javo created by C are reliable and powerful, yet the distribution of Anti-C makes that difficult, and so until a new strain emerges or the Mold is perfected, Las Plagas is your safest bet.

For presice assignments, bodyguards, and recovery missions, you can't beat Tyrants.

For killing off outbreak survivors holed up in secure areas, Hunters are still efficient, particularly the Farfarello, but it's extreme aggression makes it unsafe.

For wiping out certain and presice numbers in a population, try the a-Virus, but again, a vaccine now exists for public use.

If you don't want to kill people, but want to become immortal, Uroboros is the most powerful, but it's extremely low adaption rate means it will probably kill you, so conquering your fear with t-Phobos or taking a 15 year nap with t-Veronica is safer.

Taking everything above into account, the most well rounded, practical weapon is the C-Virus, unless the Mold is perfected, which would render all other BOWs pointless.

The most powerful mutant creature seen in regards to survivability and recovery would be Albert Wesker, followed by Jack Baker (and probably Eveline), HAOS, Ustanak, and maybe Mutant Simmons. Lisa inherited immortality from Progenitor, but to what extent is hard to say. The enhanced healing granted to Tyrants by the Nemesis parasite is obviously worth mentioning, as are G creatures.

HAOS, Eveline, Uroboros Aheri and V-Complex posed the greatest biohazard risk.

@Evil Resident when you say Albert Wesker was the most powerful mutant you meant his Uroboros version right? But how sure can we be that Wesker was at the top of his game when he absorved Uroboros? He was certainly under intense pain due to the PG-67A/W serum overdose he had, we can dismiss this entirely when he absorbs Uroboros? And what about his previous powers are those completely stripped from him. i mean when Uroboros kicks in, only its latent abilities will be manifested or the fact Wesker was superhuman already made him even more powerful once he "injected" Uroboros?

Wesker had the capacity to regenerate from a tissue fragment, even before Uroboros. If you destroyed every bit of him but a limb, he would still come back. Jack Baker had similiar abilities, but he still took in damage like a human, with each shot blowing off chunks, while Albert had rockets go off in his hands.

He inhereted the full regenerative capacity of Progenitor, aside from eternal youth, as he continued to age. His only weakness was PG67AW, and Uroboros would have eliminated the need for that. He was still in the process of adapting in the volcano, so we never saw him as an Uroboros Human.

Albert had to take PG67AW because the experimental virus that Birkin administered to him was unstable.

He was defeated because he took far too much of PG67AW and Uroboros both.

Had he taken the proper amount of Uroboros from the missile or defeated Chris and Sheva he would've bonded perfectly as alluded to by the failed Mkono.

This probably might turn the very end of RE 5 into a matter of heated debate... but still makes me wonder if this immortality feature was there or not... maybe they did all on purpose?

As a plot device that can work for their favor if Wesker did indeed bond with Uroboros as intended (or for as long as he is considered dead they can simply say that at the time he was having a bit of trouble and didn´t "adapt" to his final immortal version)?

@Mark5
In the Revelations 2 Ultimania Guide it clearly stats that Albert's genes were compatible with Uroboros and was the only one to do such, thus acheiving immortality.

UROBOROS VIRUS A dark "Philosopher's Stone" that would cull humanity to bring about immortality The ultimate variant virus among those developed based on the Progenitor Virus, which brings out the most intense effect on infected hosts. If the genes of the injected human are compatible, the body will be bestowed superhuman abilities and acquire a permanent state of immortality. However, all test subjects lost their sense of self and their bodies were devoured by the multiplying virus cysts driven out of control, with only Albert Wesker being able to realize it.

http://projectumbrella.net/articles/BIOHAZARD-REVELATIONS-2-ULTIMANIA

Do remember that the term immortaility Please note that the term immortal can have many meanings.

It could very well be that Albert is just a sludge blob lying around some rockbase at the foot of some ash all these years.

We simply do not know and can only speculate if any of his thoughts would still be intact.

It's very possible that Alex could have had her researchers obtain Albert's remains back in 09' whildst they were recovering Uroboros samples in Africa.

also, we still don't know who Alex was referring to in the Gregor Project.

it's all very possible as I use to be a strong advocate of Albert's return in some way, shape or form but the diminishing storyline leads me to believe his anti-B.O.W. documentations for weapon use in modern combat will be his legacy.

Uroboros' only weakness is extreme heat, therefore the volcano was pretty much the only place to kill him off for good. He was vaporized to the point where there would not even be a tissue fragment left for him to regenerate from. Think the T-1000 pretty much.

The immortal thing was never always there because at the time of RE5's development the purposeful intention from the developers was to kill Wesker off and therefore end certain storylines. And his death was deliberately exaggerated precisely to prevent any form of speculation he may have survived.

" Resident Evil producer Masachika Kawata said in a panel at the San Diego Comic-Con that popular series villain Albert Wesker is not coming back. When asked if there was any way Wesker could survive the events at the end of Resident Evil 5, Kawata firmly stated, no.

"Even if you want Albert Wesker to come back," Kawata told the crowd, "there's no chance he's coming back from that."

This was then confirmed as the "definitive answer" to the possible return of Wesker."

Things can change down the line of course but that's how it was initially.

Uroboros pustules are sensitive to heat, not Uroboros humans. They would be inferior otherwise, as even Albert healed severe facial burns with no visable scar tissue in CV.

It is indeed the case that Wesker was supposed to die in RE5, though, and it was primarly because of PG67AW. He would have survived otherwise.

So all those does small snippets that the writers/developers keep including about Wesker since his death in RE 5 in the end will prove to be only easter eggs for Wesker fans.

Even though its common sense to provide "fan-service" it can backfire if it gets mishandled, since more and more stuff gets added just to appease this old fanbase crowd but most of those details might not serve to improve the story. RE 7 seems to be utilising Wesker in a more interesting manner.

I suppose this seemingly definitive plan of killing him has created a very narrow path for the developers since bringing him back would automatically be considered a "retcon" of RE 5 events, and would upset a good deal of the fanbase?

And also what good would be if he is still in one piece and with all his memories intact?

I mean why would Wesker change his plans? The first thing he would try to do was to amass riches again and carry on his Uroboros plan again (although there might not be anymore samples he could reacquire he probably just develop something else so he could play god again) ?

That would be too predictable and would keep everything running in circles...We already have Umbrella back in a way so that´s something they can try and expand to create some alternate types of survival horror stories with other types of bows and viral research.

However if somehow RE 8 or future titles start to delve into more science fiction territory (like quantum physics with parallel dimensions research) some organization could try and bring any of the Wesker children or even a younger Spencer/Marcus/Edward trio from another dimension and that could lead into quite the unexpected turn of events.

So all those does small snippets that the writers/developers keep including about Wesker since his death in RE 5 in the end will prove to be only easter eggs for Wesker fans.
Not easter eggs, but informartion that is relevant to the plot. Alex's using him as inspiration and BU being a continuation of his RE4 plans are significant plot points, not simple references. I would argue the only time he was forced into the plot in a non-organic way was RE6, which gave him a son out of nowhere, despite Wesker's anti-human stance.

UCorps implies Wesker himself is back, but that's a hot point of contention. Uroboros makes it possible, and RE is a universe with mind transfers and cloning. It's ultimately up to CAPCOM.

But the question remains: Even in a world with progenitor virus, mind transfer and cloning all providing a possibility, would bringing back Wesker really be a wise choice? They could develop other characters or bring alternate versions of old characters to keep things somewhat less "tiring"... Capcom tends to rehash ideas anyway so wouldn´t it be better if they do it in a less predictable way? i guess so, but who knows? That´s just my point of view.

I just meant they could do it, not whether or not they should.

The devs are still capable of new and interesting ideas, RE7 being the perfect example.

Yeah i agree, RE7 is a great game that provided some new characters, elements and brought more positives to the franchise then negatives.

So this should be enough to send them in the right direction, and create an even greater game with RE 8.

Top Bottom