• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Blue Umbrella

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
Not all are entitled. I'm okay if Chris doesn't appear for the next few projects and that's not up for me to decide, but if it were, I would have given Jill another role a long time ago. We can hope that they find a way to use all characters properly :)
Yeah, at this rate it has me wishing they had actually killed her in 5 then she'd have a real excuse not to be there. But there are still others like Ada...

We can pray they finally found a way to create a plot that lasts more than one game. Although I wasn't fond of RE7, I gotta give it credits for not resolving the story in one game.

An alternative direction occured to me: what if the Connections are the Rival Org itself, while BU is just the Wesker faction from RE4? Maybe this sect splintered from the Connections in 2007 after Wesker vanished and the original leadership took control again in order to use the UMF to reastablish Umbrella like Wesker was going to do, while the actual Rival Org/Connections rebuilt itself and continued Mold research? That would make the current conflict between BU and the Connections a continuation of the internal conflict in RE4.

This would also finally provide a name for the RO, and establish what they actually are: a multinational crime syndicate with a division dedicated to bioweapons. It would maintain everything I like about this plot too.

The HCF reference would mean the bioweapons division simply cooperated with the paramilitary division. I feel like I'm overlooking something though, and i'm mainly just thinking out loud, so please feel free to point out discrepencies.

Well for one thing The Connections are a crime syndicate whereas the rival company were confirmed through developer interviews to be a pharamceutical corporation and therefore an actual rival to Umbrella in the literal sense of the word and not just in biological weaponry.

Blue Umbrella are confirmed to be largely made up of former Umbrella employees, not employees of The Connections therefore any splintering from the company would not work in this respect.

I'm also of the opinion that the HCF reference in 7 is a term for the rival company as a whole, not just the paramilitary unit. This is because HCF is really the only term ever used to identify the rival company and had to be recognised by the audience. And in 2000 there would be no need of assistance from a paramilitary unit as the first subjects would only be in their infancy or yet to be even born at all. Basically I think the meaning behind all this is that The Connections requested help from an affiliate organisation - a separate entity which in this case is the rival company.

And if The Connections are the rival company and Blue Umbrella splintered from them and they became rivals fighting over Eveline, then surely The Connections would have exposed Blue Umbrella's true origins and scuppered any realistic chance they had of salvaging their reputation?

Even if Ethan hadn’t fessed up to BU about Mia working for the Connection, Chris saw a photo of her with Evie in the lab areas.

No doubt they have by now got every bit of piece information out of her regarding the criminal organization at this stage.

BU is largely comprised of former Umbrella employees, but we already know management is not who they say they are, with a direct connection to Albert Wesker.

Who's to say a crime syndicate can't be involved in Pharmacuticals? Especially if they became strictly criminal only after Wesker drained them of resources.

The Connections wouldn't be able to expose BU, considering they themeselves are making BOWs and have every reason to point fingers at the group hunting them. Who's to say they even know who is running BU anyway?

I agreed earlier with the HCF reference being used to represent the whole Rival Org - this was just going under the assumption the Connections and Rival Org are one and the same, for the sake of argument.

I'm not seriously advocating this theory, just playing around with ideas.

I said the B.S.A.A. and BU know everything about the Connection now from interrogating Mia from connecting the photo with her and Evie.

Don’t put words in my mouth...

Are you refering to me? I was talking to Batman, who was challenging a theory I made.

Even then, what makes you so sure Mia knows everything about the Connections? That's like saying a security guard should know all the secrets of a company. She was just a caretaker. Her testimoney could definately help, but I would'nt go that far.

'Caretaker' is a mistranslation.

Alan and Mia are both referred to as 'Special Agents' in the Japanese file of 'Orders.'

Here is the botched English garbarge that we as RE fans are accustomed to and deservant of per Capcom:

Special Operations Division Director Alan Droney and Caretaker Mia Winters

Recent reports suggest that if Eveline remains at her current location, she is at a high risk of being stolen by opposing organizations. Your orders, therefore, are to transfer Eveline to our Central American branch for safe keeping until further notice. During transfer, be sure to adhere to the following protocols:

◾Act as parental guardians for Eveline at all times to avoid suspicion.

◾Manage Eveline's vitals via the Genome Codex provided.

◾If the mission s compromised beyond reconciliation, dispose of Eveline.

Here is the Original Japanase script (sorry I had to use Google Translator so it might be a bit off):

Special Counter Alan · Dronny Special agent Mia / Winters

The possibility of hostile Evryn robbing by the enemy organization was reported. I will appoint him to accompany the "Evelyn" transportation operation to the Central American branch. Please adhere to the following when transporting. · While transporting, protect and monitor 'Evelyn' as a parent and child. · Vital of "Evelyn" Always manage it with "Genome · Codex" of the provision. · When judging it is difficult to perform the task, dispose of "Evelyn".

These are harmful translations and full of garbage that hurt the fanbase.

Umbrella's rival company isn't stated anywhere to be a pharmaceutical company, and whether they're even a corporation at all is questionable. The CV Kaitai Shinsho guide speculated that the crossed pills logo of H.C.F. might imply that it's a pharmaceutical company, but the developers have never said one way or the other. The acronym and "Hive/Host Capture Force" were devised by artist Satoshi Nakai, contracted to FLAGSHIP, and he was surprised that it was used in the game.

Here are translations of the files related to The Connections and Blue Umbrella:

MANDATE

Special Agent Alan Droney

Special Agent Mia Winters

We've received reports on the possibility of a hostile organization trying to capture "Eveline."

You have been appointed to accompany the mission to transport "Eveline" to the Central America Branch.

Adhere strictly to the following during transport.

・While transporting, protect and monitor "Eveline" as parents.

・Always supervise the vitals of "Eveline" on the supplied "Genome Codex."

・If the mission becomes too difficult to complete, destroy "Eveline."

---

INFECTION CASE REPORT

Although the anomalous bacterium (※) is produced within the body by the E-Type Test Subject, we have summarized the symptoms when it infects the human body.

Make sure to read regarding E-Type handling.

※Here referred to as "Mold" for convenience.

INITIAL INFECTION

The Mold gradually replaces the whole body's cells while multiplying the infected individual's body tissue as nourishment.

During this process the infected individual's ability to regenerate improves drastically.

In an experiment where an infected individual's limbs were cut off, we confirmed that it easily bonded naturally in less than a few minutes.

MID-INFECTION

When the Mold reaches the brainstem, the infected individual's thoughts are "tuned" with the E-Type Test Subject.

The infected individual develops visual and auditory hallucinations and their behavior is controlled by the E-Type Test Subject.

Sense of self is completely lost if this state persists.

TERMINAL INFECTION

Cell replacement progress, mutating into a form deviating from a human.

Mutant forms differ depending on the infected individual, but they boast phenomenal physical capabilities in any case.

When this form goes out of control, suppression is extremely difficult.

---

RESEARCH REPORT 1

This project began in 2000 under H.C.F.'s technical assistance with the objective of developing a "bioweapon able to pacify enemy groups without combat."

Where this project draws a line with conventional weapons is the point of "winning over pacified enemy personnel as allied forces."

Conventional enemies are converted into voluntarily cooperative and servile allies.

Rather than increase the cost of battle and POW oversight, on the contrary, it increases allies... it's no wonder national organizations such as the ■■■■ and ■■■ are jumping at this concept.

What led to this project was the discovery of a new fungal species (anomalous bacterium) called ■■■■・■■■■■ in ■■.

We incorporated the anomalous bacterium's genome into a pre-stage 4 human embryo and prepared the bioweapon by culturing it under a specific environment for approximately 38-40 weeks.

Manufactured organisms merely referred to as "Test Subjects" were numbered "A~D Type", lacking in practicality with poor performance, and the completed form "E-Type" has resolved various problems and been numbered respectively.

"A girl about ten years old" was the weapon's chosen appearance. This can easily slip into social groups, including refugee and urban areas.

"Eveline" is the first E-Type Test Subject and can secrete the anomalous bacterium ■■■■・■■■■■ from her body tissues at will.

I should mention that she has a way of "substantially influencing a target's body and consciousness" by implanting other creatures with the bacterium.

The mechanism behind which Eveline accesses targets has many unknowns, but she may transmit pheromones known as autoinducers, like the "quorum sensing" used by Pseudomonas aeruginosa and luminescent bacteria.

The first stage of Eveline's control is "hallucinations."

Soon after infection, the infected individiual sees Eveline (she's not actually there) and soon comes to hear her voice (others cannot hear).

Through testimonies of infected individuals, the hallucinatory Eveline is like a girl at first but is said to make gradually more radical orders and demands.

(Acts of self harm and attacking others are also among her demands)

While mentally attacking and brainwashing infected individuals that way, she gradually replaces the entire body's cells including the brain with the Mold, until finally the body ■■■■■■■■■.

---

RESEARCH REPORT 2

Another of Eveline's verified functions is the ability to "form organisms from mycelia."

This creature is a so-called "superorganism" in which countless mycelia have gathered and it's able to attack like a large carnivore from aggressiveness directly linked to survival instinct caused by the fungus.

You could say it has extremely high potential as a weapon.

The researchers seem to call this superorganism "Molded."

That'd be a mold human.

By ■■■■■ a special "serum" into a test subject's somatic cells, they can be purified.

It's possible to calcify the mycelia in the body via injection, but in a state where cell substitution has progressed to a certain extent, the host dies.

Disposal rather than treatment is suited for use on infected individuals.

Still, the new drug "E-Necrotoxin" raises the effect of the ■■■■■ serum to the utmost limit, just a small amount ■■■■■■■■■■■.

What's interesting to observe is the abnormal obsession with "family" exhibited by Eveline.

An experiment confirmed a state in which she behaves just like a real daughter with anomalous bacterium-infected individuals resembling a mother and father.

Why'd she choose "family" as a motif of control?

It's my personal opinion, but it may be that in order to make the groups she controls blend into society, she instinctively perceived that the form of a "family" is convenient.

But also--- I wonder if it'd be too sentimental to imagine she grew up in an isolated environment starved for affection.

---

"E-NECROTOXIN" DOCUMENT

E-Necrotoxin

A necrotic toxin to kill E-Type Test Subjects.

Keep secured until ordered to dispose of "Eveline."

When using, be sure to activate the toxin before use.

Activation only requires placing Eveline's body tissue into the storage device.

---

MISSION BRIEFING DOCUMENT

Operation "Lurking Fear"

Mission Outline

◆ Mission Objective

Secure "Lucas Baker"

◆ Mission Area

Dulvey Parish, Louisiana, USA

Baker Estate

◆ Estimated Enemy Forces

Mycelial organism "Molded"

Other lethal/non-lethal traps

◆ NOTES

Considering there are many uncertain factors in this mission from a lack of information, Chris Redfield from the BSAA will be joining as a strategic advisor to the anti-B.O.W. operation.

【UPDATE】

Intel suggests Lucas Baker is hiding in an abandoned mine within the Baker Estate's vicinity.

Change mission area to inside the abandoned mine.

◆ Additional Information / Lucas Baker

Via the intelligence division's intercepted communications, he is believed to belong to or enjoy close ties with "The Connections" crime syndicate.

He's a vital witness with information on "The Connections."

◆ Additional Information / The Connections

A crime syndicate operating secretly worldwide on the bioweapon black market.

Scale, members and bases etc are all unknown.

Strongly suspected to be involved in the manufacture and sale of the "E-Type Test Subject" bioweapon. Currently one test subject, "Eveline", is hiding in the Baker Estate.

Lucas Baker is observing and seems to be collecting field data.

---

PHILOSOPHY OF "UMBRELLA"

As there are also many members coming on board through this operation, we will once more describe the philosophy of our "Umbrella."

It was established in 2007 as a PMC (private military company) formed by retired employees of "Umbrella", notorious as a pharmaceutical company.

Our purpose is "to redeem Umbrella's crimes"... in other words, to eradicate biological weapons.

Our mission is to exterminate B.O.W.'s proliferated throughout the world and to apprehend and eliminate those trying to create more B.O.W. disasters.

We are all fighting the sins of the past.

Daring to use the cursed name of "Umbrella" for the company name was a manifestation of our will to atone.

We want those involved in the operation to be prepared to follow that philosophy.

That is all.

---

ABOUT THE "NIGHT VISION DEVICE"

A device unit for extending the Umbrella HMD System's night vision function.

By amplifying small light sources it's possible to secure visibility at night and in dark spaces, and also has the function of seeing invisible light such as infrared rays.

---

ABOUT "RAMROD REGEN-INHIBITING BULLETS"

Special ammunition for use with handguns developed envisioning combat with B.O.W.'s with high regenerative capacity which normal means of attack cannot damage effectively.

After acting on the target's tissue cells, it inhibits self-repair and regeneration abilities so that even ordinary attacks can be used.

---

EVELINE OBSERVATION RECORD

E-001 Observation Record 2016/7/22

Important Notice: N/A

Health Condition: Good

Mental Condition: Normal

Anomalous Bacterium Production: Normal

No big changes for Eveline.

Spent the morning playing with momma making dolls.

Turned two into Molded.

E-001 Observation Record 2016/8/12

Health Condition: Slightly ailing

Mental Condition: Slightly depressed

Anomalous Bacterium Production: Slightly increased

Complained of being sleepy when playing ball with dad.

Turned one into Molded (fat).

E-001 Observation Record 2016/8/26

Important Notice: Confirmed sudden ageing. Specifics below.

Health Condition: Bad

Mental Condition: Agitated

Anomalous Bacterium Production: Sharp increase

Whole body aged rapidly, weight loss, muscle weakness, hair loss, etc.

Her agitation releases large amounts of the anomalous bacterium, contaminating the underground disposal area.

Cause of ageing unknown. Must request instructions.

E-001 Observation Record 2016/9/9

Health Condition: Weakened but now stable

Mental Condition: Clouded consciousness

Anomalous Bacterium Production: Comparatively stable

Cellular deterioation has calmed down and is in remission.

"E-Necrotoxin" has arrived from the organization.

It's said to kill Eveline when she goes out of control.

---

RESEARCHER'S DIARY

2017/6/11

That Lucas guy became research chief instead of me.

The hell is headquarters thinking?

I didn't master clinical microbiology at Stanford to be sidekick to a man like that... I struggle to understand.

That man dissects test subjects without meaning, toying with and killing them, he's completely out of his mind.

Someone like that can't grasp the value of the E-Type anomalous bacterium.

I'll remember to report the man's behaviour to headquarters at the next regular liaison.

---

LUCAS' DIARY

I've disposed of all The Connections' researchers.

I guess they disagreed with me being the boss, but did they think I wouldn't notice them sniffing around on the sly?

I threw them in cages of Molded and they begged me, piss leaking out of them.

I'm worried I won't be able to stop laughing when reporting the unfortunate "accident."

Might be time to call it quits on The Connections soon.

This guy, I, can make the most of Eveline's fungus.

---

E-MAIL LOG

NOT SENT: Thu, Jul 20, 2017, 10:22am

Had a little trouble but somehow cleaned it up.

Sending E data now.

Shouldn't take long.

As soon it's done sending imma get outta here too g

---

JOE'S DIARY

Saw some strange folks back in the forest coming back from croc huntin'.

In case they were poachers I got up close meaning to tie 'em up and when I got to them they lashed at me with huge teeth and claws.

Don't know where a monster like that came from, but anyhow, wonder what the government's cocked up again.

Must be foreign terrorists, or college smartasses?

Them choppers buzzing around lately are shady too.

---

MESSAGE ABOUT E-TYPE INFECTION TREATMENT AGENT

We're concerned about deterioration of the E-Type infection treatment agent's components under influence of the contaminated lake and marshes.

Transfer the treatment agent to the nearby steamboat.

---

ANALYSIS RESULTS REPORT

Concerning the analysis of the tissue fragment believed to be Jack Baker

It exhibits extremely high regenerative potential toward both physical and chemical damage.

It seems the intracellular E-Type anomalous bacterium secretes an enzyme similar to telomerase and abnormally activates the ERK pathway.

However as regeneration repeats cellular tissue gradually weakens resulting in defective functional activity.

Maybe the influence of reaching the Hayflick limit.

As well, from tissue samples of other family members (wife Marguerite / son Lucas / daughter Zoe), we couldn't verify a regenerative capacity on Jack's level.

Individual differences in symptoms, perhaps. Investigation required.

---

ABOUT AMG-78

Product Name: AMG-78

Developed with the goal of reducing burden on workers in transport work.

Detects nerve pulses through wearing it on the arm.

In conjunction with an actuator it can output up to 50 horsepower or more.

Zero recoil to the human body was realized with a state-of-the-art on-board shock absorber.

SPECS

Maximum Output 78AP / 6000r.p.m

Maximum Torque 155N・m / 4500r.p.m

Body Weight 5.5kg

So Blue Umbrella is a P.M.C, just as HCF was once a P.M.C. funded by the Rival Org. (Wesker was at Rockfort Island as the commander of this P.M.C during CV) To me it looks like Rival Org has hired the BU P.M.C. to cover its tracks regarding the Eveline incident, they didn´t like the fact The Connections had such a powerful bioweapon roaming around freely, and now Mia could hand over info about The Connections to HCF (well we don´t know how much she knows but there´s a chance she knows where the Connections Central America Branch Headquarters are located), in exchange for her safety.

RO hasn't hired BU, it IS BU (most likely). Wesker's gun research implies he was going to turn it into a PMC, unless it already was one.

HCF was a paramilitary unit owned (not hired) by the RO. Like the USS with Red Umbrella.

Actually the CV Kaitai Shinsho confirms the rival company to be a pharmaceutical company based on Wesker's Report. Because of that very fact, they conclude HCF would not be the company's actual name because it would be too unnatural for such a company to include the word 'force' in its official name.

Such an issue wouldn't really matter for an underground organisation or a criminal network.

The Kaitai Shinsho doesn't confirm it is a pharmaceutical company, since it is written from the conjecture of the Enterbrain guide writers, who have been wrong before (Rockfort being in Europe for example) and Wesker's Report doesn't even say anything about it, they just inferred that it being a "rival" means it must be in the same business, but the BIO4 Perfect Capture Guide says it's Umbrella's business competitor in B.O.W.'s, not pharmaceuticals.

The actual identity or form of the rival company has never been outlined by the writers and Blue Umbrella's function as a PMC is the closest thing to the scant descriptions we've received from them. Looking back, Krauser joining makes a lot of sense. HCF being an unusual name for a private military unit of a pharmaceutical company is precisely why it is not likely to be one.

Sometimes the content of these books are all we have to go on for such vague topics. I'm happy to accept what they say as gospel unless some other supplementary material contradicts them.

HCF is no more unusual for a private military force than 'Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service' - not ideal for a company trying to keep its development of such products that could cause an actual biohazard a secret.

Biohazards are a threat to many companies, especially one that publicly is the leading force in viral treatment. That is what the incident was going to be blamed on originally, a terrorist group causing a biohazard in an Umbrella lab and leaking a Level 4 virus.

from a logical perspective wouldn't it make more sense to the U.S and the legal justice only allow the old Umbrella's assets to be used for this New revamped endeavor of atoning their sins by developing gun tech and assembling soldiers to stop BOW threats around the globe? At least to convince the general public the government is keeping an eye on them (or at the very least the BSAA that is under the approval of the Global Pharmaceutical Consortion)? The evil side from Umbrella with bows research might be completely separated from the BU P.M.C (Umbrella Corps logo is the same visuals but not blue, its red) and their single link in this case might be the top boss being the same individual.

Right, so its no more of an unusual name at all for a private force is it really?

But the fact HCF is generally accepted to not be the company's name outright is based on this snippet of information that the rival company is indeed a pharamceutical company. That's good enough for me until something else definitively says otherwise.

@Mark5

I would expect a majority of Blue Umbrella are completely unaware of the 'bad side' with the Umbrella Corps stuff. Only the top executives of the former rival company would be aware and their employees that came over from the rival company will be behind it all. The Blue side is likely legitimately made up of former Umbrella employees with honorable intentions overall. With the company trying to make amends publically and being directly affiliated with the likes of the BSAA, the less people that know about the (UC/The Experiment) darker side means less chance of any unwanted leaks/exposure. I'd guess no one involved with the Lurking Fear operation even knows this other side of the company exists. But any recovered data will obviously end up in their hands after the executives get involved...

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
All I know is that I wouldn't trust a company called Umbrella. If they end up doing some evil stuff once again... Wow, what a shocker.

BU being primarily innocent is the same as RU. People forget how large Red actually was, and how the vast majority of it's employees were regular people. That's why a rehabilitated Umbrella can continue to exist - those guilty of bioweapons development are all dead or arrested, with the rest being innocent medicine developers who are currently providing solutions no one else can. Even now, people still use Red products, like herbs and First Aid sprays. Even the BSAA and DSO.

The only thing is the new management is equally evil, but people have no way of knowing that. All people like Chris have to go on is suspision.

All I know is that I wouldn't trust a company called Umbrella. If they end up doing some evil stuff once again... Wow, what a shocker.
Easy for you to say, considering you're not an inhabitant of the RE world, but a fan who has access tio the whole story. The world of RE is a scary place, far worse than the cold war. You might be desperate enough to believe anything if seeing your loved ones becoming monsters was a daily threat.

It's not supposed to be a "shocker". The very game that introduced them has them being evil. As a matter of fact, you are the last person around here who mantains they could be good, despite everything plainly saying otherwise.

Sorry for being sharp, but it really gets old.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
There's plenty of reasons for inhabitants of the RE world to not trust Umbrella. This was something out of nowhere, introducing Umbrella as the apparent good guys (as far as we know) and the world being cool with it. This wasn't a planned plot point and the reveal of Blue Umbrella was totally unexpected.

In other words, materful storytelling right here.

Top Bottom