• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Blue Umbrella

@Evil Resident It wasn't just a quick throwaway line about the Family continuing with the next head.

read the files. there is plenty of reference to the Family continuing their legacy.

(Japansese PU translations)

Simmons Mutation - Centaur

--

"Derek is finished. His mutation continues to progress. Look at that appearance. It's a vulgar, ugly monster that can't even be compared to the J'avo. He strayed from his path as our head because he obsessed over a single woman. Derek will be disposed of. We've decided to select the next head"

Simmons Mutation - Dinosaur

"Most of Derek's will as a human no longer remains. After that, the U.S. agents should certainly destroy him.

Still, what is the virus Derek received? Although it seems to be based on the C-Virus, its mutations are clearly unlike anything on record. It's probably something Ada and Neo Umbrella created. If there's a sample it will be necessary to obtain it, we need to study it. We'll begin a search"

Simmons Mutation - Huge Fly

"The death of Derek C. Simmons is confirmed. Neo Umbrella will also be mopped-up soon. The Family's new leader has been selected. Let us continue to work for global stability"

It's bad enough that Capcom introduce someone as powerful as The Family (essentially a government for the government) as it makes one wonder where were they from day 1? Surely we would have felt their influence by RE 6, but what's even worse than that is never following up on them afterwards.

Ada's ambiguity has become a pantomime at best, they pulled one game too many with her 'mysterious ways' and all should have been revealed in 6.

They should have elminated Carla and just made it really Ada.

Angela should have been alongside Leon instead of another new character in Helena.

this triangle would've created some genuine intrigue between Leon, and the two women Ada and Angela.

but hey, what do I know.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
If Capcom doesn't get the story right from this point on... I swear I'll make this phone call.

Enough bullshiting.

@Captain Redfield : It takes a lot of dedication, planning and careful arrangements to create or set up clever extensive narratives withouth compromising any of the past key elements within it. Look at the MCU and how Marvel and Disney managed to pull off a movie like Infinity War, which was able to consistently mesh it all together (a decade after the first movie that sparked the MCU, Ironman). RE's plot got too much lazy by relying on Umbrella all the way? Certainly it (umbrella ressurrection) became a repetitive plot device which most of the time lead to dead-ends (RE 4 when Krauser cited Umbrella, RE 6 with Neo-Umbrella). Evil Resident believes third time's the charm (with BU and the dark side of them hidden below the surface). For me it only will pay off If this Umbrella brings back Wesker (even if it meant they find him by delving into parallel universe Gateway research)

And now this thread is going in circles. Its sucking all the fun out of it. BSAArklay and the Batman actually added fresh arguments and fuel for discusion, and were able to acknowledge my points. but now its just the same old accusations and insults thrown against CAPCOM and the devs, and ignoring any response I give. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, considering I've been exposed to it for almost a decade now.

I put in the effort. If anyone walked away from this with a slightly different perspective or remotely more positive outlook, it was worth it. But with comments like the last few, it's clear I'm talking to myself now. Until someone actually has something constructive or engaging to say I'm going to take a break from fighting before my experience is soured and my memories of RE5 tainted by people constantly throwing it against the current story like it can never be touched.

For a response to comments saying they are out of ideas, reread what I already wrote several posts ago. I've been repeating myself a lot it seems.

@Weskers Report as for the Family, I have thoughts on that I may share later. But again, we've been over that file before

Alex should've been kept alive and behind everything.

Spencer’s Memoirs

I am Oswell E. Spencer. Lord, and founder of Umbrella. I am the leader who ushered humanity to a higher plain. To say my name is synonymous with God is no exaggeration. That's how it should have been.

But I couldn't do it. Break the chain that entangles humanity like a snake.

I've been infected. By the disease of old age. Deep wrinkles have been carved in my face, my arms are like the thin branches of a dying tree and my legs are unable to support my own body. All a result of this disease.

I've decided. I have to suspend my noble mission of ushering humanity to a higher plain. I must first stop this disease.

Commonors say. A person only knows the joy of life because there is death.

However, they're only the words of a mortal. Merely a deception out of the fear of death. A mortal cannot know the significance of those who cannot die. You cannot judge significance without knowing of it.

I will expel old age and obtain a healthy body worthy of leading humanity. Then, the mission to show a new sense of values to humanity will be entrusted to me.

I have them. The keys to open the door to immortality. The viruses studied and created by Umbrella suppress telomere shortening, which negates the function that limits cell division. It must be mine; an endless chain that leads to eternal life.

And I have it. The power to attain it. After Umbrella's collapse, many talented individuals retired into private life. However, a handful of excellent individuals are available to me. My child Alex is one of them.

I know it. With Alex, I will find a way to eradicate this disease.

That is the undeniable truth.

The same company (to the public eye) being established not once but twice to cover up dirty research is pretty bad writing imo not to mention Neo Umbrella / Carla which was absolute garbage.

Spencer's Notebook

I received a report that Raccoon City was just eradicated. Did the United States finally budge? What irony, that a country never cut by the ravages of war from a foreign enemy, tore its flesh by its own hand. However, although the threat of the t-Virus was very real, the masses of that country would never permit cutting off and throwing away over 100,000 people.

If the truth is brought to light, it'll be impossible to preserve the current administration. I doubt those men desire that. In that case, it's easy to imagine that Umbrella will face the brunt. The government's laughable acts will be concealed and Umbrella will incur the responsibility of Raccoon City's annihilation upon itself.

Umbrella will share Raccoon City's fate as well. But to what extent? Umbrella was merely a "vessel" established to study the Progenitor Virus. Even if that "vessel" collapses, there's no issue if its contents are safe.

Only the incompetent employees with no choice but to cling to the "vessel" will be troubled. If the secret of the Progenitor Virus is protected, it can be revived at any time. I've already made preparations for that purpose.

Its like i said in my previous post about MCU, how to suceed when you are developing an universe and all these characters relations and interactions must be worked so in the end the story get well delivered.

In the case of Marvel movies, they had this vast trove of stories, the characters only needed to be developed well enough so that when the time came for doing this big cosmic event movie they would all play their parts...

@Evil Resident : people here on the forums care about the games and about Capcom, or else they wouldn´t be here to discuss about it all, regardless of all different views or opinions this much is true.

I for one can only imagine the level of pressure companies endure when managing a videogame franchise to making sure that each and every game becomes a success in sales and with the critics...

quite a complex feat but one of the key stuff that differentiates games from everything else is that a good deal of the times a game story does not necessarily have to be brilliant for a game to become a success.

It needs most of all to immerse the player into the game. You see there are so many types of players out there, each with different ideas about what makes a game worthy of their attention, some don´t like to think too much, skip cutscenes, and go right into action, others like to read every little text/file, and even after finishing the game they go and replay it doing everything again, and not skipping any of the cinematics, and over-analyzing every nook and cranny of what is being displayed on the screen, background elements, like paintings, easter-eggs, and what have you.

So basically the average joe player and the kids mostly play the game and are having fun with the monsters, the atmosphere and the story there is only serving as way to get them pumped up and they don´t care about a story.

What i´m trying to say is that most of the time games focus their develop on the core gameplay ideas, so those come first and the characters/situations/story are there only as a vehicle to allow the gameplay to happen. Not saying Capcom can´t keep developing RE and do cool stories with it, but there is no way to know for sure if their approach is more like the one i said before, where the stories are patched up as they see fit, and going along this way it could all end with incompatibilities between the developers and writers, where the writers have to contend with what the developers want to portray in their games.

I thought that’s what you was talking about Tricell villains I didn’t see where you said Tricell leader villains, if so my bad. Either way though there was still a story there to be told with those characters. The BU executive isn’t really an established character is he? I think Batman could be right again in that we probably won’t see or hear from him ever again. How could you not see Tricell as the main antagonist org? They had such a rich history leading all the way back to the beginning of the timeline. If not for the extra Umbrella info in 5 Tricell would have had nearly as much information about their history as Umbrella.

Nobody can appreciate what you are saying about the series stalling more than myself, trust me I have been saying it for many years. Pretty much since 5 ended. But like I said it’s not really 5’s fault that the series didn’t create new beginnings. A lot of people seem to have the impression that 6 should have been the series finale tying up Ada’s routes. I wouldn’t have minded this either, that or they move forward with a new org and villain. This is how I see it; they ended the original plot, they had three options. Create a new plot with new characters and org (They haven’t attempted this for longer than one game). Revive the old plot and try to make it relevant (RE7) or just make side games which don’t really go anywhere past the credits of the current title (Everything post 5 except for 7). So I can give props to Capcom and 7 in that they somewhat attempted to create a continual story however instead of creating a new era they just rebooted the old one. It is very similar to what Star Wars did with the Force Awakens when compared to a New Hope.

I cannot really comment on Dusk Golem as I don’t know the guy or much about him. I will however say that the information he was giving out seemed to be bang on. Then the whole DLC debacle came about and he was either wrong or Capcom did a 180. I am really curious why he hasn’t addressed anyone though? Like I said I don’t know him but from what I can tell he hasn’t been seen since the DLC dropped. Please if I am wrong I would like to be corrected here.

BTW I am not suggesting Capcom doesn’t intend to continue forth with the lore that RE7 has established or at least the creators for that specific game did. I am simply suggesting that at any moment they can again do a 180 and go another direction, it’s basically what we have seen since 5. “But it is not so bad as to overrule everything else,” I agree with you. If I liked everything else about 7 I would easily just roll with the punches about Umbrella, but since I don’t enjoy hardly anything about the game it’s just more icing on the cake so to speak. “This angle was apparantly planned out for 6.5 as well,” oh really? Can you elaborate on this? I have been dying to hear more about 6.5, also one of the last times I saw Dusk Golem he said he was about to drop information on it.

I have to agree with @Captain Redfield regarding everything he said about 5. “Resident Evil 5 is a masterpiece” think I will make that my sig. Also WeskersReport brings up a great point about The Family and how there was plans to continue to establish them. This thought crossed my mind when I was writing my last post but I forgot to add it in. I am not a big fan of The Family, too much of an Illuminati rip off for my liking but I would still take them over Blue Umbrella.

Back to @Evil Resident . Hope I am not causing problems here this was never my intention. I have been trying my absolute best to keep it on topic and not make it a trash 7 fest. I applaud but also am disappointed with Capcom with their attempts in RE7. Not really mad at them just am looking for different results. Got to be honest though blanking out files and contradicting themselves with timestamps though, yeah I guess that does make me mad. Simply because I feel like I was cheated and also damnit check your content.

I do have a different perspective about 7 for some things you have mentioned EvilResident, you seem to be carrying the flag for this title specifically in this thread and I can see your passion and determination for the series and this title. I go through this with supplementals all the time not to mention having to defend RE5 pretty much since launch to a friend at CHE. After a while it can get annoying and you feel like people can’t see what you enjoy. It will never stop us trying though ;-)

like Force Awakens you have the simliarities of a fanatic (Kylo Ren/Exectuive) carrying on the legacy of (Vader/Wesker) even though Vader's (just like Wesker's) game plane changed in the end.

I would've gotten a kick out of the Executive sitting on his high chair and musing over Wesker's sunglasses.

You make no mistake BSAArklay, Dusk gave us 'insight' to 100 different things that never came to fruition. At this stage, I still don't know if a lead designer of the PT team even touched the title.

And you are absolutely correct, he just up and left after the End of Zoe debacle.

Now if we look into the current plotline a bit more here we will see that it actually does some damage to the prior games too.

You see, this plotline means that when Chris was running around with Sheva in Kijuju Umbrella had already gone public for two years. Doesn't that strike any of you as akward as hell? For two fuckin years Blue Umbrella was unveiled to the public prior to the events of RE 5?

Red Umbrella is the secret side of the company but theirs nothing that suggests otherwise that Blue Umbrella had to go public at a later date.

The Carla Radames / Neo Umbrella plotline, as bad as it was in 6, is now absolute shit, the whole point of Carla mentioning the 'return of Umbrella' was to strike fear into the hearts of men, does this make any sense when Umbrella has already been around for 5 years? using their name in this case is simply pointless.

So the Executive of HCF struck a deal with former Umbrella employess with good intentions, but some of the former employees have evil intentions, this is where Umbrella Coprs comes in.

HCF and the bad faction of Umbrella (red/white logo successor) are the successor's to the USS just as 3a7 is a successor to Hunk.

Or Red Umbrella could be all HCF as they know things only HCF would know

Or HCF is just an easter egg as Capcom wanted a company in 2000 that could have assisted and they were active at that time.

anyway you look at it, its a soft reboot because Umbrella is back and since you know they will go evil it renders everything pointless.

This Executive, if he really turns out to be anything, will have had no clue that Wesker in fact did not die when he fell out of the window at the Spencer Estate and further more had taken advantage of the said situation to go to Africa and pursue the Progenitor virus's whereabouts after having found out its location from Spencer's notebook.

This Executive or executives for all we know would continue working on Wesker's research at a time when Wesker was thinking of charting a new Umbrella with leading the virus and anti-viral market as Krauser's speech to Leon suggests in RE 4 whilst not knowing that Wesker himself had changed his plans entirely.

To this day they carry this plan, so from this we know that if this one was fanatical exec that admired Wesker so much, Wesker did not return any type of admiration to make him worthy of even Uroboros, as he never contacted this said person from his former company.

instead he up and left with the African division in Tricell to pursue his new goals.

cheapens the whole plotline.

in the Bio 7 R&D report we find out HCF has been providing 'technical assistance' to The Connection.

In the Biohazard 7 character correlation chart Chris is shown directly under Umbrella and Umbrella is connected to the Connection with the same phrase 'technical assistance'. This is where the whole HCF became Umbrella and the plotline from 4 carries over. So Chris is working with a company that was lead by his arch enemy of whom bomb fucked an island his sister was on just two years prior.

this is just fuckin dumb tbh.

tbh I think the 'XXX' in the files are placeholders as BSAArklay was mentioning so that Capcom can fill in the appropriate plotholes as needed or simply ignore them which is something they have perfected at this stage.

the whole Red Umbrella going 'Blue' once they went public went out the door when the date of the PMC was revelaed to be 2007 instead of 2016 which is what everyone was expecting from the Expirement which ran from 2013-16, so even that plotline fell through the cracks bigtime.

They were Blue Umbrella from the very start whilst Red Umbrella always operated in secret.

Its interesting to note that the story of ex Umbrella employess turning good to help the public is nothing new either.

As I've said before, even this material has been used before.

In the intro of Gaiden it is explained that there is a new underground organization created to help in the fight for bio terror.

the organization is comprised of former S.T.A.R.S. AND Umbrella Employees.

There's also been plenty of anti-B.O.W. weaponry prior to Wesker's research and BU.

going all the way back to the Demon Sword of Parcellius.

the rail gun which Nadia uses in Vendetta is actually a miniturized version of said weapon.

one wonders why the fuck the B.S.A.A. need anti Bow weaponry when they have one that takes out 3 skyscrapers with a single shot?

civilizain safety could have been used as the outlier for this but it never fucking was, would've been excellent to say that there was so many causualites from Nadia's incompetence that BU has stepped in, that BU is not only about weapon power but weapon safety and maximum training for its employees (even though we find out from the later that they are the biggest incompetent fucks I have ever seen in my life, two fully armed men getting knocked out by a grandpa).

don't forget Annette had anti-G bullets in DSC as well.

@BSAArklay , your posts have been very respectful and fair. I am open to criticism towards BU and RE7 - I even acknowledged that I don't think calling it Umbrella was necessary or a very smart move.

I love RE5 dearly, and will also jump at the chance to defend it. It's just I also love RE7. The two don't need to be put in competition for me. They are apples and oranges anyway.

Does that friend have a daughter named Lisa?

The thing about CAPCOM doing an 180... I honestly can't see them backing down after literally bringing back Umbrella. It's too much of a drastic move. A future writer could ignore the Rival Org connections, which would suck, but that is the worst case scenerio.

The executive being an observer to the events of RE4 and leading operations in BU suggests hes important. Even if hes not, the Rival Org are in charge, and they have clear motives and an end goal. Even without a leader identified at this point, it's clear there is one (or several) pulling strings and making things happen, like Spencer in the old days.

The 6.5 stuff is speculation on my part, but it is based in evidence. That concept art that was released a while ago shows men in military uniforms with banners depicting a modified Umbrella Logo, and presumable protagonists are shown with black gas masks.

Somene online claimed the BU uniforms from UCorps were reused from 6.5 as well. I dont know if hes reliable, and the link was provided to me by 3A7 at the old Biohaze site, otherwise I'd share it.

@Weskers Report, that grandpa also rips off Jack's head with his bare hands. Besides, the troops in RE7 are new recruits, and not a part of the elite unit in Umbrella Corps who take on armies of zombies, Ganados, Majini, Cerbureses and other humans with an axe

The railgun in Vendetta was laughably impractical, while BU has things like RAMRODs and that power glove, able to cut through BOW like tissue paper without the ridiculous collateral damage.

Everything else you said ive covered in this very thread, so I shouldnt need to repeat myself.

Captain Redfield

I do think that BU soldiers need more training and the BSAA totally owns them. The biggest casualties the BSAA suffered were in a freaking civil war against some of the smartest and most resilient "basic" bioweapons we've seen in the series (the J'avo) and in a battle against a very predatory B.O.W that had the ability to camouflage (Illuzija). DeChant's team was also torn apart by a Uroboros mutation, which was a very strong creature too.

BU dropped like flies against a deranged psychopath and a B.O.W that was defeated by a retired US Marine in hand to hand combat. I think that Joe is very strong and had no problem knocking those two out, he's good in Boxing and knows how to use stealth, that's a dangerous person to mess with.

Joe Baker is ranked 3rd in my personal rank as the best Boxer in the series. First being Chris and second Jake.

Anyway, the whole BU thing is still very fresh but I wasn't impressed by their performance, especially when they dealt with a situation that pales in comparison with those faced by the BSAA. These guys would've been dead in 5 mins if they were ever to step in the Edonian civil war. Man, even Ethan faced a much more hellish situation than the whole BU unit and survived.

I also have to be very honest, Capcom does love to kill a lot of soldiers that aren't our protagonists, regardless of being soldiers from the BSAA or BU. We've seen casualties from the BSAA, Cuerpo de Fuerzas Especiales, Blue Umbrella. I kinda wish that Capcom started to picture soldiers as a whole a bit more competent.

Another thing tha struck me as b.s. is that massive wall BU put up in the swamp area to quarantine that place.

So unrealistic, escpecially given the timeframe they did everything in.

@Captain Redfield , BSAA are the best at dropping like flies. The members in RE7 are new recruits. They aren't elite troops like those in Umbrella Corps. Those guys kill BOWs by the dozens without even firing guns, something we've never seen standard BSAA troopers do, aside from a few protagonists. There I go repeating myself again.

Besides, the Mold and mutants like Jack Baker are among the deadliest in the series - Molded can indefinately spawn from the Mold, while Jack was almost literally immortal. As for Lucas, he even managed to ambush and rig Chris up with a bomb, so his capturing BU grunts with elaborate traps and regenerating Molded is nothing to bat an eye at. Chris would be a red mist himself if Lucas took him as a serious threat and blew him up right away.

The BSAA are becoming more and more obsolete. Just as Spencer, Wesker, and Simmons predicted, modern warfare has been turned on its head by BOWs. Those who can adapt to that change thrive in combat, like Chris and Leon. But the BSAA approach bioterror via conventional means. They are far from efficient. Even in 2009, they were only able to handle one third of yearly incidents.

@WR, weeks have passed when EoZ starts. Is this just the nitpick thread now? I could complain about actual plot holes, like Joe punching Molded despite the Mold spreading by touch, but this was supposed to be about BU.

Not all the soldiers for Blue Umbrella are new recruits - they've been operating for ten years by the time Bio 7 occurred. The particular 'Lurking Fear' mission had some new recruits is all. But that is also just an excuse to provide the player with information about Blue Umbrella with the opening file and to also partly explain why Chris is there. The BSAA are also far from obsolete. Umbrella are a PMC, the BSAA operate under the jurisdiction of the United Nations with global branches and pretty much endless resources. They even have access to all Umbrella's new tech through the Umbrella Arsenal System and that of other organisations such as the FBC and the Sentinel Program. If war were to break out now BSAA would win hands down, no question of that.

Umbrella need to bide their time. The Umbrella Corps are just a small elite unit, the BSAA are essentially an army.

Captain Redfield

I disagree @Evil Resident , the BSAA has faced far more dangerous situations than Operation Lurking Fear and the Dulvey Incident. The BU members that died weren't new recruits, they were considered to be three of the best BU had to offer according to Veronica.

They were killed off easily and I even suspect that Lucas personally wounded that one who got his head chopped off, he had wounds that resembled stab wounds. Lucas most likely ambushed him similarly to what he tried to do to Chris.

From a tactical standpoint, the Edonian Civil War and any of the Uroboros B.O.W's were far more dangerous situations to face. End of Zoe showed us that even with Thor's Hammer and possibly the AW-01 they couldn't take down Swamp Jack, that's all they had to face, a few molded and a mutant Jack Baker, no heavily armed J'avo, no Ogroman, no Illuzija, no nothing.

I still can't see how BU is superior to the BSAA in combat, they have better equipment? Maybe, but the BSAA faced more dangerous situations with less.

I was not impressed by their performance, not in the slightest. They couldn't even contain some of the most basic B.O.W's with no intelligence at all, let alone more dangerous B.O.W's.

Swamp Jack was the biggest threat they had to face, a creature that was punched to death by a retired war veteran...

It’s quite lame that sake of gameplay elements they make Chris look like a complete jackass (and no, this time i’m not even talking about his looks lol) but this is Chris fuckin Redfield.

Would he really traverse into these mines unprepared like this?

Gas masks with filters, Night visions worst of the worst...no fuckin Ramrod rounds?

Captain Redfield

He was heavily unprepared but mutant Eveline probably gave him very little time to get the right equipment. In the radio, we heard Chris saying that he was going to investigate the mines but soon after they probably saw mutant Eveline from the chopper and headed there to investigate.

I assume that Chris wanted to get shit done fast and quick and went to the mines after rescuing Ethan without worrying too much about the equipment he had... After all, we're talking about the most badass knife fighter in the series eheh

Seriously, all Chris needs is a knife, have you seen to Kali moves in RE6 and the addicting knife flips in NAH? haha

I'm not a fan of his looks either buddy but I'm willing to make sense about every situation we are given in this series.

Jack Baker (as most of the other Family members) certainly end up being stronger and smarter then the other molded bows in RE 7 (and using the gauntlet to kill it was cool as gameplay element, but to be honest of all weapons from the RE universe this one must be one of the more unrealistic, not because a special gauntlet couldn´t exist in the real world but the real world gauntlet probably wouldn´t be so overpowered as to kill a bow such as Jack Baker).

But for the other molded i guess Joe was lucky he did not have to deal with the white molded, and for the more common molded he faced he certainly used stealth to take care of most of them, and he probably resorted to punching the bows in specific vulnerable spots when he had too, then its not hard to imagine he could resort to the wood spears and that old shotty later on, plus by the end he had the gauntlet and it packed quite the punch.

When I say BU is supperior, I mean in regards to training and technology. You obviously can't beat a group backed by the UN with those kinds of resources and numbers. In Edonia, the BSAA had an entire army. But if BU proves itself and the BSAA falls out of favor, a sudden shift in power like with the BSAA and FBC is inevetable. It seems to be what they are planning, with the way they talk about the BSAA in UCorps.

Jack Baker was practically immortal, almost rivaling Albert Wesker. He threw around giant alligators and ripped Ethan's car apart with his bare hands. Joe didn't kill him until he was already weakened in combat with the RAMROD using BU troops, and he used a science fiction weapon to boot.

The Molded are deadly because they are innumberable. You kill 10 Javo, they stay dead. But as long as the Mold itself continues to grow, the Molded won't stop coming. The Mines were filled with regenerating White Molded, and Lucas was essentially the Jigsaw killer. These are far from typical circumstances, and the BSAA would fare no better. Even for Chris it wasn't exactly a cakewalk.

Joe succedes where the BU failed for the same reason a group of civilians killed Thanatos where the USS failed - luck and plot armor.

The Operation: Lurking Fear file said most operatives present were new recruits. BU has only recently become a prominate player.

The BSAA are indeed growing obsolete. The world is turning into a warzone, with petty terrorists, dictators, and corporartion weilding the deadliest weapon known to man. It's so bad they just seal up outbreak zones and leave them alone for years, letting anyone come and steal samples and causing the problem to grow. That's another reason why I like this direction - it is the cullmination of Wesker leaking perfected t back in 2003, and the world is finally desperate enough to accept the help of Umbrella itself. Everything fits neatly.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
I think mostly what Batman, BSAArklay and Weskers Report say is true and I don't think I can add anything more to this. I don't know how to justify but all I can hope is that we won't get yet another "one-and-done" story, but something that lasts longer than 1 or 2 games.

Capcom is making this up as they go along and its so frustrating.
That is something I've noticed myself. There are references here and there, but the story still feels disjointed. Usually, when you plan a longer-lasting series, you plan ahead to avoid plot holes and inconsistencies, but it looks like Capcom ignores them or simply doesn't care (Or maybe the changing writing teams didn't really deal with the established plot?)

You can't tell me that the BU plot was something already planned during RE5 development... Having BU already established as far as before the events of 5 is kinda nuts!

It would be better if they limit Chris's and Leon's involvement in their projects. I love Chris and all but having characters like Jill, who desperately needs a new role in the RE franchise, would be appreciated for varieties' sake. I wouldn't mind if both would sit out a few projects before using them again.
As a non-Chris/Leon fan, I agree. That's something most don't like or ignore it when you mention it, because many Chris/Leon fans act super-entitled over their favorites, along with How Capcom implements them... But bring up Jill or Claire getting a piss-poor treatment, then they will declare you as idiots or whatever. I don't need to see everything from Chris' perspective, since he isn't the only character in RE! Why not bring characters like Jill or Sherry in, who experienced Umbrella's experimentations first-hand?

You know, the BSAA working with BU does not only affect Chris, but the entire BSAA... So where's Jill, Barry or Rebecca's reaction to it? LOL I'm tolerant but poor treatment or neglection of other major characters isn't one of them.

Nothing disjointed about it in the slighest. Quite the opposite, to those following the story intently. Never said since RE5, but it is a continuation of plans from RE4.

Of course new stories are subject to change and individual game ideas are made up along the way, but thats always been the case.

Top Bottom