• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Some love for RE6...

What I said in these posts is that Chris and Jill were more avatar-like in the first game.
But they werent. Not only they ditched 1st person perspective along with cyborgs and coop but they also werent avatar like since you can see their models as well as their unique body pestures when they are idle and at specific moments.

but Chris likewise doesn't say anything and doesn't show any emotion when he finds the corpse of his best friend, Forest.
There's still text where he reacts properly to the corpse of his friend, it's missable but he still reacts it and that still doesnt change that before re7, all of the games had protagonists who reacted to their surroundings as much as they needed to, unlike ethan, you could also see their faces. Ethan doesnt even feel like a character, more like an asset to pull a re4 very lazily.

Secondly, I don't find Leon to be an irrevalent side character. If you don't mean me, then I don't know how I was supposed to figure out that by "you think Leon is boring" you meant that some other fans think Leon is boring.
But there's still some who do this. I also remember you doing this where you were mentioning leon's misogyny in re2 due to his issues with his girlfriend. It came off more like you were doing this so that you could mock simmons who's even a bigger misogynist than leon is in re2.

I was referring to your replies, not to who started what first.
That still doesnt change that you also replied others before them turning to you.

I personally expected to get a straight answer.
Which ı did.

Even though neither re7 nor any re engine game sold more than re6 but you cant admit this fact before wrongly claiming the series to be successful which it isnt. They didnt even do critically well in japan, plenty from that region ask games like re6 which they came close with re:4 but it's still not the same and it didnt even sell more than re4, let alone re6. The truth is re6 is the most successful entry of this series and anyone who denies this before making misinterpretations about the game like how plenty shitviews do are blinded by nostalgia and nothing more. Cause of obnoxious anti-re6 fans, the series cant grow anymore like how it used to be.
You claimed re7 and revillage to be successful before even though they are annoyingly crippled compared to re6 in every way imaginable. Gameplay, story, acting, mechanics, levels, everything.

And I still have no idea what Capcom's money and some Japanese fans have to do with me.
So you dont buy the games anymore? How can capcom's money not matter when you also buy the games? I didnt buy any other re engine game except re7, dmc5 and re:4.

I am not sure what your remark was about me not playing the games, russident.

I owned practically all of them for decades, and posted about them non stop on forums for just as long. So I am very clued up on RE from where it started off to where it is today, and survival horror games in general. But I seen it all go downhill due to action being a bigger genre that caters to the masses.

Meh. He removed some of his posts.

Last edited:
RE4 has nothing in common with prior RE games except returning characters being shoehorned in for the sole purpose of the game supposedly being a part of the same universe, and they had the action gameplay turned up full throttle.

Villagers dropping bullets like candy from a vending machine is silly, as these farmers only have one shotgun hanging up in a house. They therefore have no logical reason to drop these type of items.

RE7 is a reboot as well, but bland, and too slow moving, which while 4 ain't, I still detest it for wrecking the genre. And Chris showing up out of the blue (Umbrella, corny joke) is again, just fanboy driven stuff.

But it is the same with movies. They always start off as a success. People say for the hell of it that they have too many violent scenes, or this and this is a problem, hereby sparking up controversy. They just aren't into horror to begin with, and want a pay packet for slandering objectionable content in motion pictures or games. So they add in comedy to lighten the mood and it alienates people.

Like when the Freddy films had a gay male lead, they hated that. So no. We cannot have a scream king. Just whores with big breasts getting sliced and diced by (yikes!) a big terrifying man in a mask and boiler suit.

But they werent. Not only they ditched 1st person perspective along with cyborgs and coop but they also werent avatar like since you can see their models as well as their unique body pestures when they are idle and at specific moments.

First of all, I didn't say they were avatars. I said they were avatar-like. Can you read what I'm writing, please?

Secondly, if you don't agree that Jill and Chris are more avatar-like in the first game, that doesn't justify the conclusion that I find them boring. I don't find them boring, and you speak for me.

But there's still some who do this. I also remember you doing this where you were mentioning leon's misogyny in re2 due to his issues with his girlfriend. It came off more like you were doing this so that you could mock simmons who's even a bigger misogynist than leon is in re2.

Does this mean that I find Leon boring? Again, this is a baseless accusation.

I don't think Leon is a misogynist, but his sexist lines are a fact, and this fact makes his personality unlikable to some, because there's nothing cool or profound about a good guy having prejudices against other people because of their gender. Should I enjoy that a character makes hateful remarks about women because they are women? Maybe then we'll write a story where Chris had a fight with a black friend, so he says racist things? Will it add depth to the character?

And why would I mock a fictional character through another fictional character? What am I, 12?

Which ı did.

I bet you did, but your intention wasn't for me to understand you for sure.

You claimed re7 and revillage to be successful before even though they are annoyingly crippled compared to re6 in every way imaginable. Gameplay, story, acting, mechanics, levels, everything.

Why can't I say that these games are successful if they have good sales and have good ratings? Oh, right, because some guy hates these games and thinks only religious fanatics like them. Very rational.

How can capcom's money not matter when you also buy the games?

Because it's not my money. I earn money to buy products and services. I don't care where the money I give goes, and neither do you. If you were worried about every single money you spend, you'd be worried about the entire global economy, not just some Japanese company.

First of all, I didn't say they were avatars.
I didnt say you considered them avatars either, ı said they werent avatar likes cause again you can see their faces and they display emotions like every entry up to re6 before capcom started to drop the ball with the series since re7.

that doesn't justify the conclusion that I find them boring.
But you still stated about not being a fan of characters before, you prefer to call environments as characters instead, that doesnt make sense either.

this fact makes his personality unlikable to some
Yeah and they turned his character into something else in re:2 which wasnt warranted.

because there's nothing cool or profound about a good guy having prejudices against other people because of their gender.
So this means characters cant have their own problems now which is something they screw up with leon in re:2-4 games?

Should I enjoy that a character makes hateful remarks about women because they are women?
You dont have to but that doesnt make the criticisms warranted either since everyone has their own characterizations with their own reasonings. This is why re:2 screws up the characterizations of og cast so annoyingly.

Maybe then we'll write a story where Chris had a fight with a black friend, so he says racist things?
How is that even comparable? They are different characters.

I bet you did, but your intention wasn't for me to understand you for sure.
I did but you dont want to understand it since ı gave you the source.

Why can't I say that these games are successful if they have good sales and have good ratings?
Cause they arent compared to re6 which did the best in japan.

Because it's not my money. I earn money to buy products and services. I don't care where the money I give goes, and neither do you. If you were worried about every single money you spend, you'd be worried about the entire global economy, not just some Japanese company.
After seeing this, ı dont think ı want to discuss anymore cause this makes even less sense than ever before.

Answer my question, please.
I already said I am aware of older RE games copying other games. I don't especially find that right either. But then would every space station set horror film just be imitating Alien from 1979? So there you go. I acknowledge that they have always copied things, as others have. Even Predator copies a little known early 80's film called Without Warning, that even had the same actor as the alien thing in it.

And I feel like this dude on X said it best.

I didnt say you considered them avatars either, ı said they werent avatar likes cause again you can see their faces and they display emotions like every entry up to re6 before capcom started to drop the ball with the series since re7.

I don't see a causal relationship. Link from The Legend of Zelda has a face that you see all the time, but he's an avatar character. There are multiple ways to make an avatar character.

And I didn't talk about every entry—I clarified several times that it was about the first game.

But you still stated about not being a fan of characters before, you prefer to call environments as characters instead, that doesnt make sense either.

Which of these indicates that I find the characters boring?

And how can I, as you say, be a Wesker fanatic if I'm not a fan of the characters? You contradict yourself.

You dont have to but that doesnt make the criticisms warranted either since everyone has their own characterizations with their own reasonings. This is why re:2 screws up the characterizations of og cast so annoyingly.

I don't care what you think about the new games, Mert. You said that I think Leon is boring, and that's bullshit.

I don't even understand why you're nudging me to discuss how much you don't like these games.

How is that even comparable? They are different characters.

Okay, make a new character who quarreled with a Muslim friend and says hateful things about the Quran. You will have a character with a "problem", characterization and reasoning. Can't characters say hateful things about women, races, and religions? They can for sure, there's just no reason to expect these characters not to be a cause of controversy.

Cause they arent compared to re6 which did the best in japan.

I don't see how your "BIO6 did better" turned into "BIO7 wasn't successful." What kind of broken logic is this?

After seeing this, ı dont think ı want to discuss anymore cause this makes even less sense than ever before.

Likewise.

I feel like RE6 will never be concluded because of the haters, but it was a good throwback to Piers sacrificing himself that we got in Vendetta. I liked how Jill just sat there like she couldn't care less, though. PTSD and all. Or maybe Capcom just wants to make her as manly looking and unlikeable as they can. Because since she got a new model, I have found her to be a big cunt.

I already said I am aware of older RE games copying other games. I don't especially find that right either. But then would every space station set horror film just be imitating Alien from 1979? So there you go. I acknowledge that they have always copied things, as others have. Even Predator copies a little known early 80's film called Without Warning, that even had the same actor as the alien thing in it.

OK then, thanks for the reply.

All people copy, in general. All people are interpreters because they can't physically come up with an idea out of nowhere: they see something from a multitude of things and combine them. And if this is the nature of things, why is it bad?

Perhaps you think these cases show us when the authors have gone too far with copying. Perhaps you frame this as theft and plagiarism, but I disagree. I don't agree with how you draw the line between homage and plagiarism. If the Bakers are a copy of the Sawyers, then the great artists did much worse.

I just don't like the game. I don't hate it as much as RE8. To be honest, I never used to be a fan of RE6 either, but in retrospect, I feel like they didn't ruin RE beyond repair with that one just because it was not as well received as 4 or 5. It was a climax to the old horror style being mixed with action, and an unavoidable practice because RE shifted in that direction. As in, RE was building up to it since 2005, escalating it in 2009 and then finally leading up to 2012 making it full circle, so Capcom were not gonna quickly go back to horror alone. So 6 is really a culmination of RE, old and new, and not as shitty as people make it out to be.

People moan all the time. RE7 was what fans requested of Capcom. Horror. They wanted horror to be back. So it came back.

One or two dafties then called it 'too scary' to stir the pot, so then they went back to action with RE8.

Action. Fantasy. Messiness. So in my view, returning to their so-called roots was pointless as Capcom chose to retrogress back to action for some reason.

People moan all the time. RE7 was what fans requested of Capcom. Horror. They wanted horror to be back. So it came back.

This wasn't a fan request. This was Takeuchi's personal vision. Marketing pushed BIO7 to be a service game, but Takeuchi was put in charge, and he decided to make a single-player horror game in the spirit of The Evil Dead.

This is where Mert and others like him make a mistake: anti-fans think that BIO6 is a victim, and Capcom listened to stupid whiners, while Capcom's developers have their own opinions, visions and preferences that anti-fans don't respect. They think that Capcom owes them something because they like the styles of particular titles.

I don't see a causal relationship.
What does that have anything to do about what ı said?

Link from The Legend of Zelda has a face that you see all the time, but he's an avatar character.
It's a different series but he doesnt fit in the same category ethan does.

There are multiple ways to make an avatar character.
Yeah and none of the characters in the 1st game fit into this category but ethan is. An example of an actually good avatar character? Corvo from dishonored.

Which of these indicates that I find the characters boring?
You calling the environments characters? You not caring about the characters from the 1st 2 games' cast except wesker? Where you see him on some sort of an almighty tier that's higher than just being a " character " ?

And how can I, as you say, be a Wesker fanatic if I'm not a fan of the characters?
Cause you care for wesker along with his umbrella ambition unlike the other characters from the 1st 2 games' cast? You seem to want everyone's mind to be dominated so that everyone will have the exact same form of thinking with no resistance coming from anyone.

I don't care what you think about the new games
And yet you responded here. You never take the hint, move on.

You said that I think Leon is boring
Cause you seem to think he is judging from your impressions for the character in re2.

Okay, make a new character who quarreled with a Muslim friend and says hateful things about the Quran.
Why would they do that? Capcom doesnt even mock any of the religions that exist in real life, that reminds me of re4 and re5 being considered racist despite the context behind this not even being at them.

I don't see how your "BIO6 did better" turned into "BIO7 wasn't successful." What kind of broken logic is this?
Cause re6 doing better than re7 automatically turns the latter into a failure? If ı didnt start with re6, ı wouldnt even buy re7, ı could have left the series much more earlier and you wouldnt be having this discussion in the 1st place.

This is where Mert and others like him make a mistake:
Why are you still defending anti-re6 fans? Their narrative is so nonsensical and this hurts the future where capcom tries to please them by degrading the games to fit more into their gatekeeping perspective. They even stated about noticing re6's criticisms before trying to please them, wanting re7 to make the way they want still doesnt change them trying to please the obnoxious criticisms made for re6. I dont like the backlash lily gao got in re:4 either, after enjoying to play as ada, ı want her to return to an actual new game story after re6 where leon doesnt appear but ı dont think it will happen nor lily gao will return.

but his sexist lines are a fact
All of this... just for 2 women that he tries to protect. You're making it sound like he's making those remarks for every women in the world even though he's doing it just for 2 people. And them being " sexist " is also your opinion rather than a fact, he's a mentally scarred person who got left by his girlfriend, why are you still trying to make him worse than he actually is?

And them being " sexist " is also your opinion rather than a fact, he's a mentally scarred person who got left by his girlfriend, why are you still trying to make him worse than he actually is?

I wrote right away that I don't consider Leon a misogynist, lol.

Why are you still defending anti-re6 fans?

I'm not defending the haters of this game.

Cause re6 doing better than re7 automatically turns the latter into a failure?

No, it doesn't.

If you want to know a real example of failure, then I can mention Alone in the Dark that came out this year. It sold so poorly that the studio was closed shortly after release, so the series was buried again.

I challenge you to find a horror game that sold as well as BIO7. You won't find any.

In fact, BIO7 sold so well that Capcom shipped 10 million copies faster than it did with BIO6, and Village has already set a new record. It's only a matter of time before your favorite game is dethroned.

Why would they do that? Capcom doesnt even mock any of the religions that exist in real life, that reminds me of re4 and re5 being considered racist despite the context behind this not even being at them.

Exactly! Capcom won't do any of this because it wants to make games fun, not upsetting. That's why Leon's hateful words weren't included, like Serra's sexist words as well.

Cause you care for wesker along with his umbrella ambition unlike the other characters from the 1st 2 games' cast? You seem to want everyone's mind to be dominated so that everyone will have the exact same form of thinking with no resistance coming from anyone.

Please note that you brought up the topic of Wesker and his company yourself and continue to drag me into the discussion of games that you hate. I had no intention of discussing any of this with you, and I still have no such intention.

You're obsessed with Wesker a lot more than I am. In fact, you're obsessed with him so much that you see his influence where I don't: for example, you wrote to me that remakes are Wesker's modern simulations. I still have no idea where you got this ridiculous theory from.

Yeah and none of the characters in the 1st game fit into this category but ethan is.

I have already written that your agreement or disagreement with this opinion is irrelevant to the main topic of whether I find Chris and other characters boring. I have replied many times that I don't find them boring. How many more times do I have to repeat this for you to figure it out?

You've accused me more than once of forcing people to think the way I want them to think, but that's what you're doing right now by trying to prove to me that my opinion about Chris or the environment is nonsense. What for?

Top Bottom