• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Some love for RE6...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a member of the Steam forums anymore. I used to be. I'm sure I remember it being another cesspool, like GameFAQs is. I'm thinking of downloading Steam, as Post Trauma is coming out soon.

Are they the same people who go around saying RE8 is brilliant? That's funny how they defend that RE4 clone and Silent Hill rip off, while shitting on RE6 (which has that RE sparkle, unlike 4 and 5).

I was actually reading a thread about RE8 on there before, and the OP got bashed just for saying they didn't like it, along with providing a logical explanation. But part of the reason I think people like RE8 is because it's as close to RE4 as you'll ever get.

I'm not a member of the Steam forums anymore. I used to be. I'm sure I remember it being another cesspool, like GameFAQs is. I'm thinking of downloading Steam, as Post Trauma is coming out soon.

Are they the same people who go around saying RE8 is brilliant? That's funny how they defend that RE4 clone and Silent Hill rip off, while shitting on RE6 (which has that RE sparkle, unlike 4 and 5).

I was actually reading a thread about RE8 on there before, and the OP got bashed just for saying they didn't like it, along with providing a logical explanation. But part of the reason I think people like RE8 is because it's as close to RE4 as you'll ever get.
One of the topics is titled " worst game " where the poster mocks the game while receiving agreements and disagreements in the process. The latest one is created by someone else ı blocked before but ı still looked through incognito mode where they say more stereotypical insults for the game as usual. The disagreements call some of the other games like the ones you mention " worst " and there are also other variants of replies which ı dont find interesting. The last time ı replied to steam forums was in a thread ı created about re6 titled as " best game " and after that, ı left the forums only to never reply there again. I shared omegablackheart's video on artwork section though, ı took one of the thumbnails he created followed by sharing the image while also sharing the video in the description.

I experience that all the time on other forums. Like, I recall I said the Netflix series was woke and pointless, and a user called "Seanspeed" barked at me. For apparently, saying something is woke can offend people. He also said RE does not take itself seriously.

At the time, I was referring to many RE games having stuff introduced that Capcom seems to ignore as open-ended. But then somebody defended me and talked about how the games used to connect better than they do now. Then you get the lore who says RE4 is the best sequel ever.

The point is, you get some really idiotic people online. I bet they will even enjoy shit like this when it is released...

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/1cnp2bs
I found this. This is one of the few that knows what they are talking about. The way gatekeepers in the series invent the so called " true formula " is still ridiculous. They make the series force to be about the so called " exploration, backtracking, item management, key hunting, puzzle solving " type of things even though any game in general can have these things. What's still the deal about the more on-rails type of pacing that all games in the series have one way or another ı still have no idea. The series' story is what gives its identity as told " biohazard " with the title. It was organically growing up to re6 but after that, capcom decided to drop the ball with the series since re7. Re7 doesnt even have a writer hired just as the following games. I cant even see how shitcom can care for the writing since re7 at all.

Yama

Owner
This entire thread became spam is a shining example of what will not be tolerated in a thread anymore, it is beyond derailed. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom