• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Some love for RE6...

Another leon video ı found. It states that leon's character is altered after re2 cause of anderson while also ignoring the stories between re2 and re4. Like epilogue files in re3, gaiden despite its non-canonicity as well as dead aim that introduces the organization that leon works before re6. I still cant see how leon and ada are altered in re4 characterwise compared to their og portrayals. All they did was to look at their localization-japanese portrayals of re2 before swapping them the other way around which reflect their personalities better cause that's how they actually are in re2's japanese script. Rather than discussing leon, it's also more of a re4 discussing type of one with " too much action " , " not horror " type of statements. The series was always action-adventure with an escalating premise that continued up to re6. After that, they started to change the series with re7 but it's given unwarranted praise like " return to roots " , " Most re since ( insert any game before re4 ) " type of statements. And yet re7 still didnt sell more than re4, let alone re5 and re6 that are still the top 2 most selling games of the series with re4 being the 3rd.

Another review ı watched. I enjoyed this one too.

" Thank you Rob for this fair review! Famitsu gave it a 39/40, Gametrailers 9/10, and Gameinformer 8.8/10, other countries like France gave it 9.2/10, Germany 9.5/10 Italy 9.1/10 and my country Portugal gave it 9.4/10 and the portuguese gaming magazine gave it a 48/50 saying "Its not the game that survival horror fans wanted, but it was the game Resident Evil fans needed" since RE6 is a dramatic horror experience, foccusing more on storyline and action/horror adventure.. screw IGN and shittyspot. "

" Rob did a great review and you did the perfect coment on a perfect review video "i think critics are far more focused on the loss of their beloved survival horror franchise when they need to realize that went out the door years ago" i play this since RE1, and i'm a loyal fan to the series, RE is mainly about storyline! people who say that sucks are just survival horror and not RE fans, RE is far more than just survival horror, i don't know why people still bitch about RE nowadays, haters --' "

I also agree with these comments.

They're the same fans mind you, that say the RE3 remake is crap, when 2 has about the same amount of issues, whether these are trivial or technical.

I think they have selective thought patterns. As in, they just mock a game failing if the rest of the sheepfold are already laying into it.

They're the same fans mind you, that say the RE3 remake is crap, when 2 has about the same amount of issues, whether these are trivial or technical.

I think they have selective thought patterns. As in, they just mock a game failing if the rest of the sheepfold are already laying into it.
More than those games, the thing that ı dislike is the whole re engine fake direction still going. They still produce storylines in the opposite versions of how they should be and this has been crippling the storyline since re7. I still cant understand why re4 or any other game up to re6 is grouped into this, the storyline of the series was naturally developing in an organic direction up to re6 but re7 ruined everything and as a result, the series is stuck in a pointless back and forth in regards to repeating the past. There's still some who want cv:re or re:6 and this also gets on my nerves more than the other games before re7 being asked to get refake treatments.

That bugs me too. How every game has the same characters, but intangible plot aspects follow suit. Like how in 7, they talk about the new Umbrella having relaunched, supposedly, and it was interesting to hear Chris go on about distrusting them. Instead of 8 being about this being followed up on, it felt unrelated and was really about Ethan dealing with Rosemary and the lords.

I suspect 9 is gonna do the same thing, since it may not even feature Chris.

I didnt see anyone else make this assumption before so ı'm gonna do it here. I think simmons obtained the 12234 amount of test subjects from umbrella while it was active. I dont see where else they would obtain that amount of test subjects but since us government was always in a relationship with umbrella and they were using viruses that were previously developed at umbrella, it's a safe assumption to say that all of those test subjects were obtained from the company while it was active. I think this is why simmons didnt utilize carla or someone else from the government as a test subject at 1st since they wanted to test umbrella prisoners with the virus. This ties well to benford's plan to reveal the truth regarding the government's relationship with umbrella and this would also include simmons' ada domination plan in an attempt to create his loyal ada soldier, without this, ı fail to see why benford would reveal the truth regarding the government's relationship with umbrella.

I think we look into it too much. LOL.

Even Capcom doesn't know what they're doing. Whenever a new RE storyline comes about, they just change the letter of the alphabet to make up a new virus, which serves as the basis for the current storyline.

I still yield hope RE6 will receive a sequel, but I think Capcom will never resolve most of the lingering plot threads anyway.

I think we look into it too much. LOL.

Even Capcom doesn't know what they're doing. Whenever a new RE storyline comes about, they just change the letter of the alphabet to make up a new virus, which serves as the basis for the current storyline.

I still yield hope RE6 will receive a sequel, but I think Capcom will never resolve most of the lingering plot threads anyway.
I dont think it matters anyway since the game's plot is concluded and there arent any loose ends by the time they removed re net support from the game since 2016 which had the expanded portion of the files on the site.

Jake vs. Alex is something I wanna see.

Like I said, a spin off online saga consisting of annual DLC or an animated show devoted to side characters would be sensational. That way all the loose ends throughout history can be resolved. Unlike what Capcom usually does, which is add in mumbo-jumbo about mould, and a vampire type aristocrat.

Piers being brought up in Death Island gave me hope that Capcom hasn't completely forgotten about the events of RE6. Or maybe they just think a lot of people won't be bothering with the animated spin off stuff, so they overlooked it. Who knows? 😅

Capcom never has a clue what they'll be doing next. We go from villagers to hicks, to freaking vampires. That's so weird. 🤑

Top Bottom