• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Some love for RE6...

Capcom's fans prefer 7 over 6. That horrible TCM wannabe.

That's sad. It feels like the storylines we once enjoyed just get left alone if the games do not gain the best review scores on IGN, and whatnot.

Capcom's fans prefer 7 over 6. That horrible TCM wannabe.

That's sad. It feels like the storylines we once enjoyed just get left alone if the games do not gain the best review scores on IGN, and whatnot.
Unfortunately. Ign seems like those re4 fans who worship that game through a religious way, with re5, they gave it a high score in the past only to turn around before claiming the game as " racist " that needs " fixing " even though it doesnt. They also stated about darkside chronicles' story being " confusing " despite it not feeling that way and with re6, they also made " too much action " type of criticisms. Despite that it still managed to have a slightly higher score than re7 even though ı think they wanted to give re7 a max score like re4 and their score comes off more like an indication of that. I didnt like their vendetta review either, there was another popular one ı watched where they were mischaracterizing the protagonists along with " too much action " type of criticisms. Like nonsensical re6 haters, ign doesnt make sense either, with their " too much action " criticism for the game coming off like " too much water " type of one.

Last edited:
It will soon be 5 years since I joined this forum, and 5 years since you've been writing the same bullshit over and over again. I've never seen people as fixated as you two. The first one has been playing the same game for thousands of hours on multiple platforms and cannot overcome the reality that people have different opinions about it, while the other one doesn't play this game (or any other game in the series, really) and doesn't know it well because he is busy dickriding the first one.

It's not sad that I or anyone else thinks BIO7 is a better game than BIO6. It's sad that you're going to tell your grandchildren how you've been bitching about the RE community all your life.

It will soon be 5 years since I joined this forum, and 5 years since you've been writing the same bullshit over and over again. I've never seen people as fixated as you two. The first one has been playing the same game for thousands of hours on multiple platforms and cannot overcome the reality that people have different opinions about it, while the other one doesn't play this game (or any other game in the series, really) and doesn't know it well because he is busy dickriding the first one.

It's not sad that I or anyone else thinks BIO7 is a better game than BIO6. It's sad that you're going to tell your grandchildren how you've been bitching about the RE community all your life.
Dont you have anything better to do other than harassing others, russker? I've seen you online on other places before where you also write the same thing over and over and over and over and over. You dont seem to overcome the reality that not everyone likes the whole idea of umbrella and wesker coming back either. And not everyone finds leon-chris-ada boring like how you and your so called " friends " do, everyone has their own preferences. I stated before that ı find jill boring except re5 where she's barely utilized in the game and yet you forget that before reaping wesker with nonsensical praise instead. I'm tired of hearing about umbrella-wesker and ı'm tired of being reminded by their fandom like you as an example over and over. And dont forget that ı also played re4 on steam for thousands of hours as well as having it on multiple platforms like how ı have re6 that way. You dont play the games that much either so you're not really different from caffeine addict like how both of you dont play games that much but ı still bought re:4 on multiple platforms and ı can find myself enjoying it fine.

You dont seem to overcome the reality that not everyone likes the whole idea of umbrella and wesker coming back either.

I'm perfectly fine that someone doesn't like this idea.

And not everyone finds leon-chris-ada boring like how you and your so called " friends " do, everyone has their own preferences.

I love Leon, Chris and Ada and I don't find them boring, just like my friends don't find them boring either. You're making up shit, like you always do.

Dont you have anything better to do other than harassing others, russker?

Aha, now I'm harassing people. Guess you and Caffeine Addict are so entitled to frame people as religious fanatics and downplay their opinions that you think you won't get a backlash. It doesn't work that way: You both started a provocative discussion about people's personalities and are getting what you deserve.

You can blame me for writing about Umbrella over and over again, but discussing the series' lore doesn't turn the community into a toxic shithole.

I'm perfectly fine that someone doesn't like this idea.
Is that why you try to overcorrect someone else when they think differently other than umbrella and wesker coming back since ucorps? Leon already concluded umbrella by killing krauser in re4, chris and jill defeated umbrella in umbrella chronicles, chris did the same thing in re5 and both leon-chris came face to face in re6. What exactly do you think you can achieve by trying to force others into the exact same thinking of umbrella-wesker coming back since re4 despite this being a concluded plot point in that game? Enough about umbrella-wesker.

I love Leon, Chris and Ada
And yet you called the characters boring before even though you exclude wesker from this cause for some reason, he's on some sort of a higher " tier " than just being a " character " like others? Why do you want umbrella-wesker to come back so much?

now I'm harassing people.
Right now you're doing this.

Guess you and Caffeine Addict are so entitled to frame people as religious fanatics
downplay their opinions
But you also did the same thing, ı saw it before even though ı didnt comment about it cause ı stopped harassing people like how ı used to. Why cant you just move on from both of us ı still dont understand.

but discussing the series' lore doesn't turn the community into a toxic shithole.
No but using empty and lifeless buzzwords before gatekeeping the series around that in an attempt to force others into the exact same thinking turns the fandom into that. I dont even get enjoyment from discussing the storyline cause ı find this pointless in favor of playing the games that ı keep enjoying cause this is actually a hobby. Debating on internet isnt cause ı cant even know how people would be enjoying the games unless they show evidence like how ı started doing.

Is that why you try to overcorrect someone else when they think differently other than umbrella and wesker coming back since ucorps?

And yet you called the characters boring before even though you exclude wesker from this cause for some reason, he's on some sort of a higher " tier " than just being a " character " like others?

I didn't overcorrect anyone or call the characters boring. These are just unfounded accusations.

Why do you want umbrella-wesker to come back so much?

I've never had a preference for Umbrella and Wesker to come back.

Why cant you just move on from both of us ı still dont understand.

Oh, it's not that hard: I visit the forum almost every day and read what people write. When you write an opinion about games, I don't mind. When you start judging the fans, I can snap.

No but using empty and lifeless buzzwords before gatekeeping the series around that in an attempt to force others into the exact same thinking turns the fandom into that.

I don't know what any of this means.

I know I said I was done with RE talk, but Capcom is running in circles.

In all the time Capcom wasted on these remakes, we could have had a new game with Jake. Or Billy. Or Sheva. Or Barry again, even. There's a number of other characters we could see again, but nope. Just forget that ever happening.

Capcom's just been copying other games and then not furthering the storylines they already brought forth. This is an issue because they milked it too much, and backed themselves into a corner. Now every game just has a mainline character with no logical link. Or at least not one you fully understand right away.

Creative-wise, RE8 is not a game I can tip my hat off to. It's a really laughable game. I also hate it how people on GameFAQs etc, are like, as if to say, "Oh well, screw it. It's still a new RE game. Capcom has the final say in everything!"

I didn't overcorrect anyone or call the characters boring. These are just unfounded accusations.

I've never had a preference for Umbrella and Wesker to come back.

Oh, it's not that hard: I visit the forum almost every day and read what people write. When you write an opinion about games, I don't mind. When you start judging the fans, I can snap.

I don't know what any of this means.
Come on, seriously? You're now denying what you previously said, again? Why cant you admit your problems ı still dont understand. And with " ı can snap " , playing victim mentality now? They dont even reply to you or even mention names unless you replied them before or something, move on.

Example of a buzzword:

" Re7 saved the series " , " Re7 returned to survival horror " , " Re7 is the most re since ( insert any title released before re4 ) " , " Survival horror can only be this ( insert any pre-4 game design that's improved with and after 4 up to re6 ) "

Even though neither re7 nor any re engine game sold more than re6 but you cant admit this fact before wrongly claiming the series to be successful which it isnt. They didnt even do critically well in japan, plenty from that region ask games like re6 which they came close with re:4 but it's still not the same and it didnt even sell more than re4, let alone re6. The truth is re6 is the most successful entry of this series and anyone who denies this before making misinterpretations about the game like how plenty shitviews do are blinded by nostalgia and nothing more. Cause of obnoxious anti-re6 fans, the series cant grow anymore like how it used to be.

Come on, seriously? You're now denying what you previously said, again? Why cant you admit your problems ı still dont understand.

I'm not denying anything. I genuinely don't understand what you're talking about. How could I call Leon, Chris and Ada boring if I not only love them, but don't even use the word "boring" in my vocabulary?

And with " ı can snap " , playing victim mentality now?

Said the man who also snapped. You've ignored me before, so why aren't you ignoring me again? You can start after this message of mine, but that won't change the fact that you wrote to me before it.

And I'm not playing the victim, just as I'm not justifying my behavior: I answered the question you asked me.

" Re7 saved the series " , " Re7 returned to survival horror " , " Re7 is the most re since ( insert any title released before re4 ) " , " Survival horror can only be this ( insert any pre-4 game design that's improved with and after 4 up to re6 ) "

Even though neither re7 nor any re engine game sold more than re6 but you cant admit this fact before wrongly claiming the series to be successful which it isnt. They didnt even do critically well in japan, plenty from that region ask games like re6 which they came close with re:4 but it's still not the same and it didnt even sell more than re4, let alone re6. The truth is re6 is the most successful entry of this series and anyone who denies this before making misinterpretations about the game like how plenty shitviews do are blinded by nostalgia and nothing more. Cause of obnoxious anti-re6 fans, the series cant grow anymore like how it used to be.

Did I mention that BIO7 saved the series? No, I didn't. Do I think that BIO7 is a return to the roots? No, the game has a distinct philosophy. I have no idea what you're talking about. And I have no idea how the opinion of Japanese fans and sales have to do with all this.

Yeah. RE6 to me was the last major RE storyline, and they arguably messed it up in the end. I would say Revelations 2 was the last decent plot twist, but that happens before the pandemic of the C-Virus.

RE7? Pfft. Nothing but a huge copy of every famous horror movie scene under the sun, so Capcom could "go back to the roots" and have it being a short-lived return to real survival horror, since they then just told lies, making out people said it was too scary, so RE8 was made into a blatant copy of RE4.

And before anyone says anything, yes, I acknowledge that RE1 and 2 copied movies as well. But guess what? Those were classic games. But whatever.

But guess what? Those were classic games.

So… what? Do you mean that Capcom copied Alone in the Dark, but it doesn't count because of nostalgia? What's the point?

These games copied things, CODE: Veronica copied things like Norman Bates. BIO5 copied things like Black Hawk Down. In fact, Capcom has never stopped being inspired by various films and games.

You mention so often that BIO7 has ideas from Texas Chain Saw Massacre, as if it's worse than Mikami's team stealing textures for BIO4. That's what people should be judged for, not for their inspirations.

I genuinely don't understand what you're talking about.
In the past, when ethan was discussed in regards to him having no personality as well as not even having a proper character to the point of not even having a face, you mentioned how the characters also didnt have a personality before even though they did. I mentioned leon-chris-ada as an example and with leon particularly, he's considered more and more as " irrelevant " or " side character " by some as the series goes on. If leon's really an " irrelevant side character " , then why doesnt his line of service just put a bullet into his head before hiring someone else as assignments ı dont understand. I'm tired of leon being considered as " boring " or " irrelevant " from re2 to re6 with " leon continue the redfield bloodline " and " leon crashes every vehicle he touches " memes also being tiring and unfunny.

you wrote to me before it.
Not really. You wrote to me 1st in the past before ı even responded to you. You're the passive aggressive one before others turn it back to you. I still dont understand why others can accept this behaviour of yours but ı dont. Move on.

Did I mention that BIO7 saved the series? No, I didn't. Do I think that BIO7 is a return to the roots? No, the game has a distinct philosophy. I have no idea what you're talking about. And I have no idea how the opinion of Japanese fans and sales have to do with all this.
Cause of the reasons ı said? Especially since ı gave examples. The series isnt even liked as much as it used to anymore, it's becoming worse but the internet distorts everything.

So… what? Do you mean that Capcom copied Alone in the Dark, but it doesn't count because of nostalgia? What's the point?

These games copied things, CODE: Veronica copied things like Norman Bates. BIO5 copied things like Black Hawk Down. In fact, Capcom has never stopped being inspired by various films and games.

You mention so often that BIO7 has ideas from Texas Chain Saw Massacre, as if it's worse than Mikami's team stealing textures for BIO4. That's what people should be judged for, not for their inspirations.

RE1, 2, 3 and whatnot were scary and action oriented with a perfect balance, while 4 decided to take a dump on all of that by adding in too many action elements. Thus destroying the core appeal of the series.

Newcomers can get into a comfort zone with 4 and 5.

However, they are barely horror. Every character is too strong.

In the past, when ethan was discussed in regards to him having no personality as well as not even having a proper character to the point of not even having a face, you mentioned how the characters also didnt have a personality before even though they did. I mentioned leon-chris-ada as an example and with leon particularly, he's considered more and more as " irrelevant " or " side character " by some as the series goes on. If leon's really an " irrelevant side character " , then why doesnt his line of service just put a bullet into his head before hiring someone else as assignments ı dont understand. I'm tired of leon being considered as " boring " or " irrelevant " from re2 to re6 with " leon continue the redfield bloodline " and " leon crashes every vehicle he touches " memes also being tiring and unfunny.

First of all, I don't think Ethan or BIO1's Chris don't have personalities. What I said in these posts is that Chris and Jill were more avatar-like in the first game. Yes, Ethan's emotions were tuned down for the game, so he doesn't react expressively to the discovery of his wife, but Chris likewise doesn't say anything and doesn't show any emotion when he finds the corpse of his best friend, Forest.

Whether you agree with this opinion or not, I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that I find Chris boring.

Secondly, I don't find Leon to be an irrevalent side character. If you don't mean me, then I don't know how I was supposed to figure out that by "you think Leon is boring" you meant that some other fans think Leon is boring.

Not really.

I was referring to your replies, not to who started what first.

Cause of the reasons ı said?

I don't know if you intended to sound unsure or sarcastic with this question, I personally expected to get a straight answer. And I still have no idea what Capcom's money and some Japanese fans have to do with me.

RE1, 2, 3 and whatnot were scary and action oriented with a perfect balance, while 4 decided to take a dump on all of that by adding in too many action elements. Thus destroying the core appeal of the series.

So copying is justified by the fact that you were scared to play these games once many years ago? Is this the point?

No. I do like RE4 and can find honest reasons to like it without roping it with the rest of the franchise. Because unlike most people, I admit I like it for what it really is, and that's action horror (and no, RE4 is not really survival horror, since slain villagers gift you way too much ammo and other supplies).

No. I do like RE4 and can find honest reasons to like it without roping it with the rest of the franchise. Because unlike most people, I admit I like it for what it really is, and that's action horror (and no, RE4 is not really survival horror, since slain villagers gift you way too much ammo and other supplies).

I'm totally confused. Is copying ideas for old games a bad thing or a good thing? And if it's good, why is it bad now? Can you elaborate your opinion so that it's understandable to me and those who read this forum?

Top Bottom