• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I want to say that ı dont mind the more childish take of alexia in darkside chronicles' recv retelling. In og game; alfred was the one that sounded more childish while alexia sounded more intimidating. I feel like with retelling, they wanted to have a new opposite take on those characters and ı dont mind it really. Alexia used to bother me in darkside chronicles but ı got over it. I honestly understand shotaro suga's takes on og games' stories more clearly now.

I want to say that ı dont mind the more childish take of alexia in darkside chronicles' recv retelling. In og game; alfred was the one that sounded more childish while alexia sounded more intimidating. I feel like with retelling, they wanted to have a new opposite take on those characters and ı dont mind it really. Alexia used to bother me in darkside chronicles but ı got over it. I honestly understand shotaro suga's takes on og games' stories more clearly now.
I didn’t like how she killed Alfred though since they showed signs of incest and she felt bad for him in OG when he died in her arms. Just killing him off with tentacles felt cheap and made her more into a psychopath. Her response to Alexander’s video by saying “father!” in an empathetic way didn’t sit well with me either since she basically murdered him. I always appreciate when villains have more depth but I felt Darkside failed in the retelling of CVX.

Also cutting out Rodrigo and no Wesker fights was stupid change.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I didn’t like how she killed Alfred though since they showed signs of incest and she felt bad for him in OG when he died in her arms. Just killing him off with tentacles felt cheap and made her more into a psychopath. Her response to Alexander’s video by saying “father!” in an empathetic way didn’t sit well with me either since she basically murdered him. I always appreciate when villains have more depth but I felt Darkside failed in the retelling of CVX.

Also cutting out Rodrigo and no Wesker fights was stupid change.
Yeah alexia killing alfred also used to bother me but ı got over it. While she cared for him, at the same time; she still described alfred as foolish and wanted to use him for her own needs so killing alfred due to a small annoyance isnt that surprising. I agree about rodrigo but ı didnt mind wesker behaving more in shadows rather than being active more in field. It's an on rail shooter; it doesnt need to have all parts from og games. I think with darkside chronicles, they did well for what they are, especially when compared to umbrella chronicles which is barebones other than remake retelling as well as extra episodes excluding umbrella's end section. Retelling sections especially feel improved imo.

Yeah alexia killing alfred also used to bother me but ı got over it. While she cared for him, at the same time; she still described alfred as foolish and wanted to use him for her own needs so killing alfred due to a small annoyance isnt that surprising. I agree about rodrigo but ı didnt mind wesker behaving more in shadows rather than being active more in field. It's an on rail shooter; it doesnt need to have all parts from og games. I think with darkside chronicles, they did well for what they are, especially when compared to umbrella chronicles which is barebones other than remake retelling as well as extra episodes excluding umbrella's end section. Retelling sections especially feel improved imo.
Yeah honestly RE1 and RE2 retellings fix the discrepancies with the original stories, not a fan with some story changes but they seem more canon than the OG/REimaginings.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yeah honestly RE1 and RE2 retellings fix the discrepancies with the original stories, not a fan with some story changes but they seem more canon than the OG/REimaginings.
Definitely. Remake retelling for example has chris and jill partnered up while making them interact with each other more. I wished barry wasnt ignored but at least it doesnt have parallel scenarios. I also like how jill and rebecca interact. Recv retelling also improves from og game as well. Steve for example is improved as a character.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

I always liked this outfit of ada. I would have preferred if it was an unlockable in re4 separate ways or re6. For the former, it can only be used in mercenaries. Thankfully for re6; there was a mod of this outfit which ı used for her.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I want to say that getting " grabbed " by gnezdo actually makes me want to scream whenever it happens. It's still... I'm not sure if that's the correct word to use but... Threatening.

There's also this:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

Darkside chronicles has great extra costumes for characters. I wished these came back in future entries, it's hard to make use of them in game due to 1st person camera perspective.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So ı want to talk about sherry and ada in re6.

I want to say that some time in the past; ı played as jake 1st before playing as sherry. However after playing the other entries, ı decided to change the way ı played the game and ı played as sherry 1st before playing as jake. Since she appeared in re2 while being playable in it while jake was a new character in re6. Honestly ı know ı said this before but ı really liked how sherry grew up to become a trained government agent. She even plays a role in jake's character change for the better.

As for ada, ı played as her 2 times during a marathon and ı dont regret it one bit. I enjoyed this decision of mine. The reason for that is about other 3 campaigns; ı played them as one of their characters 1st then with ada. However ı replayed those 3 campaigns with other characters that ı didnt play, they have new equipment after all. With ada, she's alone and doesnt technically have a partner. Sure there's agent but he's online exclusive during ada's campaign. So ı decided to play as ada again.

Ada's campaign in re6 is very unique imo. Hers is the only solo campaign in the game while others have partners. She's like a one woman army, she's surely skilled and can take down her foes quite easily, especially when compared to her previous appearances. Now that's what ı call character development.

Playing ada's campaign as 2 times with her in a marathon reminds me of how ı replayed re2. I 1st played as one of the scenario pairs then after that ı played as another scenario pair with the same characters.

Regardless ı wanted to mention this.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I want to say that while ı really like re2; one thing that bothers me is how rpd feels like " mansion 2.0 " . It makes sense storywise but at the same time; it feels like a repeat of re1. I like re3 and recv's environments more than re1 and re2 tbh. Not to mention in re3 and recv, you're more outside rather than inside.

I also like the way environment is explored in re6. You dont have to spend unnecessary time trying to figure out the way out, you go through many of locations fast in a satisfying way. I feel like the ones other than re6 are unnecessarily bloated and tedious in terms of exploration. Re6 is more comfortable and satisfying to go through imo.

The police station is iconic. 😎

I agree though that it was quite similar to the first game. However, I think in later storylines, they put in too many mansions. Ones like the original. As if to declare, "Nostalgia... BABY!" 👶

LOL...

I have to question why they did that so often!

🏠🏠🏠

🤔

Not so long ago, a file called MEMO FOR THE METEMPSYCHOSIS CEREMONY caught my attention:

The text makes it clear that the technology of the "ceremony", for which a strong "vessel" is needed, was originally developed by Spencer. Alex was the one who continued the development.

Here's another interesting Tweet on this topic:

It seems to me that the probability that this Spencer's project was inspired by Miranda's work is very high.

In addition, in one of the sketches Karl Heisenberg had reptilian eyes:

Of course, this does not necessarily mean that he had to be infected with a virus. The parasite probably just had reptilian genetic information. But it's still hard not to notice how there is something of Albert Wesker in this character.

I guess it's possible to draw some kind of parallel between Miranda and Spencer in Village. They are similar not only in that they had their own "umbrellas", but also in that they had similar experiments.

Dr. Moreau was Miranda's "firstborn." He may in general resemble Lisa Trevor, who was Spencer's first victim.

And Heisenberg is basically Miranda's "Wesker." Karl and Albert are made similar not only by the fact that they both wear sunglasses and are traitors in their "families", but also by the fact that they both have Social Darwinist views on life.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

So this is apparently jill. I just realized that capcom planned to make her wesker's slave way earlier on. This seems to be a planned idea for recv and capcom literally planned to feature her in the game working for wesker before this was discarded. Look how she's blonde here.

I honestly prefer the final version, ı cant stand the way jill was handled in re5 so this is a big no for me. It looks like they brought back this obnoxious idea for re5, ugh...

Top Bottom