• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

Garmin Express is designed to be the one-stop shop for Garmin.com/mapupdates updating maps & software. Download Garmin Express You can easily download and install Garmin from Garmin.com/express. if you need many information so please visit your favorite site garminexpress.global. Garmin.com/Express | Garmin Update | Download Garmin Express | Garmin.com/Express | Garmin.com/mapupdates | Garmin Nuvi Update | Garmin GPS Update | Office.com/setup | Office Setup | Office 365 Download | Install Office | reinstall office 365 | office login | portal.office.com

Seashell

"Seashell is evil..." - Anonymous
Garmin Express is designed to be the one-stop shop for Garmin.com/mapupdates updating maps & software. Download Garmin Express You can easily download and install Garmin from Garmin.com/express. if you need many information so please visit your favorite site garminexpress.global. Garmin.com/Express | Garmin Update | Download Garmin Express | Garmin.com/Express | Garmin.com/mapupdates | Garmin Nuvi Update | Garmin GPS Update | Office.com/setup | Office Setup | Office 365 Download | Install Office | reinstall office 365 | office login | portal.office.com

Is this the sort of reply you were looking for, Caffeine Addict...? ;)

Nah, man. But how are these bots getting on here anyway? I thought they had to complete a picture match verification game to register.

Anyway, tonight is of course the PS5 reveal. So we will hopefully be hearing about RE8, and what else? Maybe that alleged Silent Hill reboot too. ;)

Stranger things have happened, man.

Quite frankly, I want a new Silent Hill game just as much as this game, because of the very long and frustrating wait for a sequel. ?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
My comment didnt really age well; ı think natalex is going to be wasted in re8. At least there's barry but why not jake as well?

Smh...

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that the Capcom Unity boards have gone. It was up after RE3 remake came out for a while, did they just want to ditch the irritated fans?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
While ı never played re3 2020; imo it handles the story and characters better compared to re2 2019. Plus it doesnt have a paid soundtrack dlc.

Storywise as well as the take on characters; re2 2019 is extremely dumbed down compared to og game.

Like claire doesnt even care about finding chris which is a problem when taking recv into account. Not to mention; she sounds more edgy with swear words which doesnt even fit to her character. I know moira swears a lot in rerev2 but she comes off more geniune rather than being annoying plus the struggle episode with evgeny is nice and she has great character development in the game. In re2 2019; the devs wanted a more edgy take on claire cause " realism " .

Leon is more naive and blindly follows everything around him. In og game; he tried to take more leadership. His relationship with ada is also ruined. Like they are using each other more plus the kiss scene in re2 2019 isnt handled well due to ada using that to trick leon while in og game; their relationship felt more geniune and the kiss scene feels impactful. Ada lost her backstory with john which tied into previous game and instead the devs decided to give her the weird fbi backstory. Oh and leon doesnt play a role in saving sherry's life which contradicts re6 not to mention one of the files say that leon considered performing suicide during re2 cause he thought claire and sherry needed him. In re2's leon b scenario; this makes sense cause you encounter sherry early on in rpd. This also happens in darkside chronicles. In re2 2019 though; leon isnt aware of sherry at all until the end with the weird " Ok. " response.

The ending is also stupid and the game is a giant hot mess due to scenarios not connecting to each other unlike in re2 and re6 which had scenarios that connected to each other. I used to like this game a lot but eventually my enjoyment started to decrease. It's a fun game but as a remake / reimagining; it drops the ball in many aspects. It got re7'd in many ways which is also extremely overrated.

It still astounds me that we have no idea of what has happened in between RE6 and RE7. We never got any follow up on anything from 6. Jake Muller and his Stinger at the end? Nothing. The fallout of another US town being eradicated by the government and the President dying in the process? Nothing. Lanshiang getting bombed with the C virus? Nothing. How the outbreak and spread of the C virus was dealt with after making the vaccine? Nothing. The Family? Nothing. Even 4 for its faults of dropping the ball with Umbrella handled its transition between games better. And now we are heading into RE8 with supposed followup from 7, yet we still don't even know what happened during that 4 year gap between 6 and 7 or why Blue Umbrella is relevent a decade after its existence or why the BSAA/Chris are working for them beyond just getting new weapons.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
It still astounds me that we have no idea of what has happened in between RE6 and RE7. We never got any follow up on anything from 6. Jake Muller and his Stinger at the end? Nothing. The fallout of another US town being eradicated by the government and the President dying in the process? Nothing. Lanshiang getting bombed with the C virus? Nothing. How the outbreak and spread of the C virus was dealt with after making the vaccine? Nothing. The Family? Nothing. Even 4 for its faults of dropping the ball with Umbrella handled its transition between games better. And now we are heading into RE8 with supposed followup from 7, yet we still don't even know what happened during that 4 year gap between 6 and 7 or why Blue Umbrella is relevent a decade after its existence or why the BSAA/Chris are working for them beyond just getting new weapons.
Yeah; this annoys me too. Like you said; after re4, capcom wanted to fix the story damage that game did with re5 and chronicles games.

I'm not sure if they will do the same for re7. They could have done that in vendetta movie and make re6 / re7 more connected to each other but instead the whole movie is basically a re4 rehash.

Oh and unnecessarily convoluting 1998 time period with re2 2019 and re3 2020 dont help either.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The fallout of another US town being eradicated by the government and the President dying in the process?
Speaking of tall oaks; ı actually would like to see an outbreak game set in there and playing as survivors plus giving that location more backstory similar to how the 2 outbreak games gave raccoon city more backstory. It would nice to temporarily see leon and helena similar to how in marhawa desire's ending; chris and piers are temporarily seen.

It would be very interesting since re6 is directed by eiichiro sasaki who directed those 2 games.

Playing as soldiers from us special forces would also be cool since they entered tall oaks to secure benford's corpse.

Plus according to leon; tall oaks is basically " Raccoon city all over again. " .

This feels like a pipe dream but still; wanted to mention this. I dont think capcom will be interested in doing that though. Instead they will create lame spinoffs like umbrella corps and resistance.

Smh...

How do you solve the puzzle on the crane in Revelations 2? It's the one where you push the many series of levers.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Imo the most unintentionally hilarious game in the series is dead aim. The whole story is lame to me. There are a few good aspects like usstratcom and fong ling but still. Also subtitles dont work / match characters' dialogue; what the hell?

Oh and the less ı talk about the stupid morpheus and its stupid mutations, ( Why is he turning gender? T+g virus does things just for the sake of it without a good explanation. He is the only she-male character in the whole franchise due to this. ) the better.

His existance is diluting the whole game.

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
This was an interesting thread by DuskGolem, the first version RE7 was going to take place in Italy and Leon and Sherry would have been the main characters
I've talked about this before, but a lot of people missed this & I can go a bit more in details now as it's now years old lost media. So about the original scrapped version of Resident Evil 7. It started in late 2012 (right before RE6 was released) and was cancelled at the start of 2014 for what would eventually become the final RE7. This "RE6.5" also came from an era of RE with a LOT of experimentation, there was another RE7 that played similarly to RE4 but was set in Brazil, but not that concept but the one I'm about to say is the one that
got furthest into development.

It was directed by RE6's/Outbreak's director, it starred Leon and SOMEONE else but I never got a good confirm on who. It was worked on in MT Framework and mechanically played similarly to RE6. The idea was to make a more focused RE6-like game set in a singular expansive location, in this case a fictional floating city in Italy (based off of Venice, Italy). The game got into a playable state, there was a polished 30-45 minute slice of the game made that I hope one day leaks. The game featured Water-based BOWs, to my knowledge though aquatic life was included this more meant like, people & animals who had been drinking the water were infected. Now a weird thing I never got clarified was the characters literally used "water-based weapons", like actual water guns along with their normal weaponry. No I never got clarification on how water guns hurt water-based BOWs, but that apparently was part of the game's gimmick. It also had "RE3 Choice" type moments, where the game would suddenly slow-down (like bullet time) and you'd have to in a time limit make a decision in some dramatic moment, which these choices would provide splits in the level & different paths to take through chapters. They also focused more on environmental threats, like oil spills, fire spreading, infected water rising, both as dangers to the player & ways to take out enemies, so some cat & mouse with it. Apparently played up the "natural disaster" aspect of the outbreak.

I swear this is all true, & hope more details on it, or even a video of the demo made or something, come out some day for peeps.

To add to this chain, two clarifications from cvxfreak, Portugal not Brazil (I mixed them up in my head), and the second character with Leon was Sherry Birkin.

Top Bottom