• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
That would have been a better re7 than the final one released.

Also there's another re6,5 build which shows jill and an agent in black outfit.

I've seen people say that's chris but ı dont think so; he looks too young. I think that's carlos; ı'm convinced that's him after the release of re3 2020.

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
That character with Jill is Chris it's just a redesign, I think him having noodle arms is more of a crime than looking a bit younger. No way his arms would be that slim even if he left the gym forever.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
This recently came into my mind.

I've been thinking about this. As much as ı love re5 and its story a lot; ı feel like it could have turned out a bit better and different, in a good way.

Like ı feel like barry and rebecca could have been utilized in main story. ( Instead of them being exclusive to mercenaries reunion. )

The reason why ı think they could have is cause re5 is a re1 reunion ( " Well; isnt this one big family reunion. " ) and only barry and rebecca are missing.

I've seen people criticise re6 for missing claire and while that's understandable since re6 is basically a re2 reunion not to mention, leon says " This is raccoon city all over again. " . But ı've literally never seen anyone criticise re5 for missing those 2 characters. Not to mention re5 is missing more main characters from re1 compared to re6 that's missing only one main character from re2. And the non-canon modes dont count.

I dont think it's even said somewhere why barry and rebecca are missing in re5 either. I mean claire wasnt in re6 cause capcom wanted her in rerev2 which is a more survival horror oriented game and claire's more fitting to that since re6 is extremely action oriented and claire is a civilian who works for terrasave which is a non combat org compared to chris ( bsaa ) and leon ( dso ) who work in combat org. Meanwhile rerev has nothing to do with those 2; it's about chris and jill with lackluster voice performances for characters except chris and that's due to roger craig smith. Rerev2 ( Barry and moira. ) and biohazard the stage ( Rebecca. ) are released after re6 and those 2 take place after re5; not before. Oh and there's a big 3 year time gap. ( 2006-2009. ) Re6 only has 6 month time gap which is shorter while re5 has 3 years. I wonder what chris and bsaa were doing during that 3 year time period.

Oh and claire is mentioned in re6 ( She supported sherry as well as other things like meeting chris and leon to each other. ) while barry and rebecca arent mentioned in re5 other than the game's files that retells past events. Like the files dont say what those 2 were doing in bsaa. I dont think they are mentioned in re5 guidebooks; not sure if those explain what those 2 were doing in bsaa either.

I have some ideas about the new re5 and how characters could have been utilized in a different way.

Here let me share this:

1. Chris and jill in re5 lin but a longer one.
2. Wesker alone in re5 lin but a longer one. ( Shows his adventures about going to spencer's estate. Ends after wesker kills spencer and chris and jill find him. )
3. Chris and rebecca in re5's main story.
4. Jill and barry in re5's main story.
5. Sheva and josh in re5's main story. ( As much ı like sheva; she feels forced to re5's story, sure not as much as ashley and entire re4's plot but still. Like her backstory doesnt have any relevance to the game's story and ı liked her big brother sister relationship with josh. Wished that was utilized more. I think re6 and rerev2's coop feel less forced and side characters / their backstories play more role in story. Though ı will say that in some ways; re5's coop has more depth than re6's coop even though ı prefer re6 coop over re5's. )

Not sure how the new story would turn out but ı wanted to mention this. I feel like re5 could have turned out like this and wesker could have been killed in a different way. Instead of chris and sheva firing 2 rockets; make chris, jill, barry and rebecca fire 4 rockets instead.

Oh and rebecca and barry have their melee attacks from mercenaries reunion.

And ı mentioned multiple story modes cause ı love multiple story modes a lot ( Re2 and re6 handle multiple campaigns best ı think. ) and ı dont think re5 handles multiple story modes ( Jill's dlcs ) as good as re4 ( Separate ways. ) and re6 do.

Another thing; re5 uses more dangerous compounds ( Plaga type 2, plaga type 3, dominant plaga, uroboros and progenitor. ) than re4 ( Plaga type 1 and dominant plaga. ) and re6 ( C-virus and enhanced variant. ) do and in this department; it feels less focused than those 2 games.

The monster designs in re5 dont look as interesting as the ones in re4 and re6 do imo and ı think the monsters feel more fun to fight in those 2 games. Re4 has more interesting plaga mutations than re5 and re6 has better j'avo mutations ( They can mutate up to 3 body parts, the combination is insane. ) than those 2 games.

One small thing that really bothers me is ı wished ndesu could have been fought normally instead of bow being exclusive to a turret section.

They could have used uroboros and progenitor more as well. Uroboros is only used in bosses; the only normal monster related to it is reaper honestly there should have been more uroboros monsters. And re5 lin should have had more monster variety; the only monster in that mode is blob; like ıdk couldnt there be more monsters in that mode related to progenitor? You dont fight anything else until you find wesker.

Oh and ı feel like the whole p30 stuff is unnecessary. It doesnt add that much anything to story and jill gets underutilized in the game due to this. I'm not bothered that much by it but ı wished re5 lin was longer at least plus there are some cut dialogue.

I always wondered how things would have turned out if jill didnt fall from the cliff with wesker and chris / jill somehow launch wesker from that window.

To wrap this up; ı dont dislike the final game. I love re5 but ı've decided to create this criticism cause none seems to criticise it around here.

I remember people bashing the hell out of re6 in the past ( Old biohaze. ) but ı dont remember any for re5.

So that's why ı decided to increase the variety.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I wished jill had her stars outfit as unlockable in re5. The other stars have their stars outfits; meanwhile she doesnt.

They also should had her re3 outfit as unlockable in rerev as well.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I wished t-103 in re2 2019 had a better mutation. It only mutates halfway through and it only gains one claw instead of 2. The design also looks lame; it looks like t-001 from re0. Darkside chronicles handles the mutation much better.

Oh and ı dont like how it cant drop loot if you decide to down it down when you 1st fight it either. Nemesis in re3 2020 at least can drop loot ( Though most of them are cut. ) and ı liked its 2nd mutation.

Might as well drop this which is a good comment ı saw:

" To say one last big thing on the general subject, I think that a major reason why attempts to make a fictional mythos more "realistic" often turn out misguided is that people tend to confuse the merits of "realism", versus the merits of "consistency". For example, one change I actually liked in the RE2 Remake (about to go on a tangent)...

...involved Mr. X's transformation being triggered by a fiery explosion, rather than a bath in molten metal. Both versions are still quite "unrealistic", but that is not the reason I took minor issue with the original's. The main reason I found the original's version odd is that William Birkin is supposed to become the more powerful monster, that is much harder to kill. Yet the original G Birkin is killed for good just by getting caught in one big fire blast, while Mr. X dives headfirst into a huge vat of molten steel, stays submerged for a while, somehow undergoes a perfect metamorphosis while being cooked alive, and then casually crawls out like it was nothing.

This lack of "consistency" is what I had trouble with. I thought it undermined the sense of indestructibility and relentlessness that a G-Virus monster is supposed to convey, compared to the T-Virus monsters like zombies and Tyrants. So I thought the remake toning down the incineration that Mr. X survives and shrugs off, compared to William Birkin, was a good idea and better complements how the viruses' lore is supposed to work, without attempting to make either virus "realistic".

Speaking of Mr. X's Super Tyrant form in the remake, it even looks more visibly scarred by the explosion and burns, compared to what G Birkin suffers. So on a separate note, I think it was a minor missed opportunity that the remake's Mr. X does not undergo his complete metamorphosis. I think it could have been really neat to see how his left arm is also clawed and enlarged, but still looks "healthy" and well formed, while the right arm looks like a cooked slab of meat with bony spikes haphazardly protruding out. It would complement how the Tyrant's right side was the one that got hit by explosion and horribly burned, causing it to get more disfigured and not grow out properly. "

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Tonight, I watched Resident Evil: Vendetta. I had not seen that film in ages. Hopefully Capcom does a sequel about Diego's daughter seeking her revenge.
I wished vendetta had a better story instead of being a re4 rehash while lazily stealing plot points from re6 without knowing how it works.

I think it should had focused more on the family organization while being a better sequel to re6's story.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Why does even re4 have firing speed upgrades?

Dead aim cast dont need an upgrade like that and can fire their weapons as fast as they can. Meanwhile leon and ada ( Who are more experienced characters. ) need an upgrade to improve their firing speed. Oh and ı wished ada's loadout felt more unique from leon's like a silencer for some of her weapons would have been nice. Fong ling has one; why doesnt ada have too?

I'm glad they ditched the firing speed upgrades in re5 and re6. Though re5 still has some annoying limitation for firing speed. Thankfully the firing speed for weapons in re6 is max and quick swap trick helps for some weapons which feels more like a helpful trick rather than re5's lame quick reload trick which feels pointless cause the game allows upgrading reload speed. So no need to upgrade reload speed for the weapons other than unlocking infinite ammo. Plus jake and sherry use magnum better than leon and chris do in re4 and re5 not to mention they aim elephant killer better than leon / chris do for handcannon / sw m500 while reacting to the weapon better. Why does chris really need to react to sw m500's recoil like that? He's so muscular; he wouldnt need to react to the recoil like that. The criticism ı have for chris applies to wesker too who's a super human.

On another note; why does the game even allow the player to upgrade ashley's hp with yellow herbs and then make a unlockable knight outfit for her which practically makes her invincible to everything? This automatically makes the process of improving her hp pointless. I never let her got hit by anything due to being so good at the game not to mention she cant take that much hit anyways. So after replays; ı never even bothered with the yellow herb process for ashley's hp.

And she's still annoying and mikami is dumb for destroying umbrella in an intro in favor of ashley annoyance.

Honestly if it wasnt for leon, krauser and separate ways; re4's story would have been nothing but a train wreck.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Oh and it's a bit hard to swallow the quite mouthful los illuminados being a rich cult and having lava bases ( Re6 has crazy bases like that too but at least it follows past events well and is also connected well to canon re lore unlike re4 which is pretty much a side story. Not to mention; the family / neo umbrella being really powerful organizations arent that surprising. ) when the game destroys umbrella in the intro.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

Was browsing through twitter and saw captain redfield mentioning this.

It apparently comes back in re2 2019.

Not sure if this is a good reference or a lazy stealing but yeah.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Idk why jill isnt equipped with px4 in re5 lin.

She is equipped with the standard m92f instead.

Why make that exclusive to mercenaries?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Man; the racism complaints for re5 are so stupid, ı swear.

So stupid that people complained about chris killing infected africans and yet leon suplexing infected spaniards is perfectly fine.

Due to these dumb complaints; the game couldnt make use of its full potential.

I'm so glad re6 didnt get these type of " racism " complaints.

Sure it got a lot of complaints but still; compared to re5, the game makes a lot more use of its potential imo.

Feels like some breath of fresh air really.

My enjoyment for re5 started to decrease after thinking about this as well as other stuff related to the game.

RE5 isn't a racist game at all. LOL. The losers that said that way back then were just shit stirring to create controversy where it wasn't due. :poop:

If any game does that sort of stuff for to gain a reaction from the SJW clan, it's The Last of Us Part II. :rolleyes:

That Bruce guy was who kept Neil Druckmann's ass in check. That's why the first game is a winner in my book. But when Neil got the full creative input for the sequel, boy, what you see is what you get. It wasn't even really Ellie's adventure either. He did that poor girl something dirty, and made it all about Abby, and her arc basically sets up Abby and her transgender pal Lev as the successor to Joel and Ellie.

REVENGE IS BAD. Don't do it, bruh. Just don't do it! o_O

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Ikr? The racism complaints are dumb.

Re5 could have turned out a lot better if the weirdos didnt complain about racism.

No weskertine, better jill episodes, no weakened uroboros, more fleshed out plaga, barry and rebecca in the game, sheva and josh being more fleshed out characters, wesker dying to 4 rockets instead of 2 etc.

I checked the development of re4 and re6 and ı gotta say; ı'm glad those games turned out the way they are unlike re5's case which ı think should have been more similar to re4,5 version.

I'm not gonna talk about re4 but ı want to talk about re6 instead.

Apparently capcom was planning to revive wesker instead of making jake wesker's son, kill chris instead of piers as well as multiple ada clones ( Re2, re4 and re6 ada are different persons and clones of each other. ) instead of one clone doppleganger.

It seems chris and leon meeting scene is planned 1st and the dev team apparently did their best to not talk about clones as much as they could probably due to live action movies involving clones. ( Even though cloning existed since the 1st game and that's how tyrants are created as well as ashford twins. )

Anyways this was in my mind and ı've came to the conclusion that carla is a doppleganger rather than a clone mainly cause project ada experiments are done in a different way than tyrant and code veronica projects.

This also seems to be the reason why the devs refused to mention anything related to clones.

I remember calling her a clone for some time ( Just like calling re2 2019 and re3 2020 as remakes. ) but after thinking about it; no. Doppleganger is the correct term.

There's also this:

I'm glad they didnt go with those and went with the final product instead though ı wished piers didnt die. ( I also feel the same way for steve and merah as well. )

I've also came across this:

A garbage video which is a waste of time.

The only interesting info ı learned was " Demo being buggy and capcom trying their best to improve the ports. "

Other than that; it's another mindless re6 bashing which is cancer.

Doesnt include anything ı mentioned here about re6.

It also includes stupid subjective statements like " Guns lack impact. " ( Even though they feel more fun to use than re4 and re5's firearms and that statement fits better to reorc. ) when the point of the video is supposed to be an objective look on re6's development.

He also makes another mistake by saying " The game is a failure. " or something like that even though according to capcom; it's a success despite missing the sale target.

" From a business perspective, Resident Evil 6 was a success, " acknowledges kawata...

Missing the sale target doesnt equal to failure. If we go with that logic; then re5 and re7 are also failures. Especially re7 which also missed the sale targets. Also that video doesnt include some ports. Like pc for example.

Stupid game journalists say something like " It's a failure cause it missed sale targets. " and the weirdos immediately believe that just to bash on re6 for the sake of it.

I also like how game journalists like that garbage dmc reboot while hating re6 cause " Muh survival horror. " .

Granted ı dont believe that high sales instantly means " quality " either since ı dont like re7 at all despite that game selling very high.

Shame really.

I think the fanbase signed the death sentence for the franchise by mindlessly bashing re6.

Imo re6 is extremely underrated while re4, re5, rerev, re7 as well as these pathetic demakes are overrated.

Last edited:
Well, after that underwhelming Xbox showcase event, I can safely get back to waiting for the next piece of news about Resident Evil Village. :D

About the only two interesting games I seen yesterday were The Medium (however, that's also coming to PC) and State of Decay 3, although I did not ever play the first two. I've never owned the Xbox One. I'm going to get a PS5 anyway. Sony gets all of the top exclusives, and it's heavily rumored that Konami may revive the Silent Hill franchise on the PS5.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Why did people complain about ada not having a partner in re6?

She didnt have a partner in separate ways and yet this only becomes an issue in re6.

Smh these dumb complaints...

Agent could have his own campaign in the game instead of being forced to her story as coop exclusive character who cant do anything.

I also dont like how they made ada's campaign unlockable right from start.

Pre update; you unlocked her campaign by beating the other 3 campaigns and this added a mystery aspect to ada just like her campaign in re4.

The weirdos along with stupid complaints who know nothing about her character ruined this aspect of hers; what if someone played her campaign in re6 before the others?

They would unnecessarily spoil the doppleganger twist.

Re3 2020 cutting the epilogues doesnt help either.

They reference her epilogue file from re3 in re6 by humanizing ada at certain points and ı liked that.

Changing the relationship between leon and ada in re2 2019 is also hard to swallow; they dont even bond to each other, they are simply friends rather than love interests.

Oh and the redfield bloodline meme created from that junk is garbage, ıdk what's so funny about it.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Man; ı like teppen's art a lot when it comes to resident evil and devil may cry.

They look so good; it's unbelievable.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I feel like rerev doesnt add that much to storyline. Honestly the only interesting story info is lansdale and fbc plot point but ı wasnt a fan of the execution at all. I mean there was already a long file in re5 about bsaa; ı get what they were going for with the game but wasnt a fan of the execution. Though ı still liked o'brian and his plan while not being annoyed by most characters except jill ( She's very dull in the game. ) and rachel.

Another thing ı want to say is; ı think " revelations " title fits more to re5 lin, mainly cause of wesker learning the " truth " from spencer and this feels like a good plot twist ( I already saw lansdale being evil from miles away. ) so that's why the " revelations " title fits to that. The actual game should have been re5 lin but a lot longer / more fleshed out instead of the dlc being a short episode.

I also dont like how rerev is more survival horror oriented after umbrella's end; this issue ı have with jill going from umbrella's end to rerev, ı also have it with rebecca getting scared by a hunter in remake after taking down t-001 in re0.

Oh and ı wished hunk appeared as well; the trailer for rerev shows him but he's only exclusive to raid mode.

Top Bottom