• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I still dont like the fact that the scenarios in re2 remake dont connect to each other unlike in re2 and re6. I think they were lazy when it comes to re2 remake in some areas.

Another thing ı dont like is for some reason; ada's theme from re2 doesnt even play in the game, even if you turn on the classic soundtrack. However it plays in re6, after you defeat simmons at the quad tower and ada throws him down; it comes back and plays in leon's campaign. It also plays during ada's campaign's credits sequence, more specifically after her special theme fully plays out.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So ı've asked my re6 question about ada here to archon. ( He added me to his friends' list on steam some time when ı was discussing re6 on steam forums. )

She says " merci " which is a french word and it means " thanks ". I didnt know ada knew other languages, ı dont think she talked other languages in her other appearances. ( Re2, re2 remake, darkside chronicles, umbrella chronicles, re4 and damnation. ) Learned something new about re6 today.

Also jake says " gratzi " which is an italian word and that also means " thanks " .

Yeah, Mert. Capcom missed the mark with the RE2 remake, and probably will to some extent with RE3 too, but I just enjoy them as something to play for a spell, before I move on and play something better. To be honest, I haven't gone back to RE2 at all in like a year. It just didn't seem all that memorable to me, but they still did a good job in other ways. Although as you said, they cut a lot of corners and failed to deliver in many ways.

Tyrant

BSAA North America
I still dont like the fact that the scenarios in re2 remake dont connect to each other unlike in re2 and re6. I think they were lazy when it comes to re2 remake in some areas.

Might be an unpopular opinion but, I don't like how there are two different sets of scenarios in RE2make.

I wish we had just a definitive set of scenarios that covered everything. It seems so redundant and exhausting running both sets.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
At least you're still able to laugh. How is going on in Poland? Did you managed to stay healthy?

Also relevant
View attachment 1142
It's a fucking nightmare. The city is dead and the borders are closed! The only thing that's missing are undead walking around. ? Also nice meme

Another thing ı dont like is for some reason; ada's theme from re2 doesnt even play in the game, even if you turn on the classic soundtrack. However it plays in re6, after you defeat simmons at the quad tower and ada throws him down; it comes back and plays in leon's campaign. It also plays during ada's campaign's credits sequence, more specifically after her special theme fully plays out.
I agree. RE2make was okay but certain parts, I loathed.

1. I didn't like the underground lab part as it was way too short and too modern for my tastes. I kinda wished it would like more like from a 80's Sci-fi movie (or cassette futurism, as it is called) as it did in the original.

2. NEST Lol Looks like they took HIVE from the movies and used a synonym for it. Underground Laboratory just worked fine, imo.

3. Claire annoyed the hell out of me with her tough-girl I-got-bigger-balls-than-you shtick. She definitely lost her charm she used to have. Leon, on the other hand, I liked. He was a down-to-earth guy.

Last edited:
This is a bit shite, but I may not be able to buy the digital version of RE3 until 7 April. While that's a bit meh, it is only 4 days. That's not too bad. ;)

I also don't know what's up with my headset; I bought an older PS4. It's the chunky type. My headset isn't working at all. I don't know why. :p

Might be an unpopular opinion but, I don't like how there are two different sets of scenarios in RE2make.

I wish we had just a definitive set of scenarios that covered everything. It seems so redundant and exhausting running both sets.
Second scenarios in Remake 2 just have gameplay changes and no story elements. I am all for new alternate campaigns with changed gameplay elements to increase replay value. They feel to me like advance mode from Director's cut.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Everyone: Talks about recv not being remade and re4 being remade.

Meanwhile...

Me: Thinks about the stupid situation where re6 is getting remade and capcom decanonizing the original game with its remake...

Last edited:
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I've never really liked the merchant in general, because he's not a very realistic character. He's funny, sure. But there was merchants in Days Gone as well, but they were not able to magically be in multiple places at any giving time, as you had different ones in the various camps that remained where they were.

Yeah but it's an added layer of personality, not because it needed to be there but because someone got creative. RE5 has the same store mechanic but none of the charm.

Unfortunately, no merchant made it into RE5, but that was originally planned.

RE5 is a great action game, as is RE4, but none of these games feel much like RE games. It also sucks that Wesker died how he did. He felt like a loony in RE5 as opposed to the snake in the grass the other games portrayed him as.

Now RE has nothing but one dimensional villains. They were even releasing shirts of Jack Baker before RE7 got released. Not that I dislike the Bakers, but RE7 doesn't feel like a RE game. ?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Just want to say that ı like mikami but ı dont agree with some of his decisions / opinions when it comes to resident evil.

1. He hates rebecca and thinks she is " submissive " . ( And yet he added ashley to re4. ) It seems this is one of the reasons why she's weird in re1 remake and the game doesnt connect to re0 well. Storywise ı prefer re0 over re1 remake; ı've started to like re1 and re1 remake's scenario system less and less eventually, ı prefer re2 and re6's scenario / campaign system. Re0 is an interesting prequel to re1 and re1 remake imo.

2. He didnt hire a writer for re4, he quickly wrote a rushed script. This is one of the reasons why ı prefer re5 and re6 storywise, ı think they are good and interesting in this department, especially when compared to re4 which is weak. Re4 storywise is weak but the main cast is still interesting. Though one thing; it seems for separate ways; capcom hired the same writer who wrote re5 according to wiki.

3. He hates re5 for a weird reason. ( And possibly re6 as well as rerev games. Though ı'm not sure about re6 mainly cause according to archon, re6 is similar to vanquish but less generic. )

4. He thinks re7 is a " return to the roots " . Never liked that statement, especially when used to trash re5 and ESPECIALLY re6. I dont like the direction for the series starting with re7 and these " remakes " .

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Crazy / over the top japanese style re >>>> " Realistic " western style re

( Starting with re7; capcom started to hire western writers for their games and due to this; their tone feel boring when compared to previous main entries that had interesting tones due to being written by japanese writers. I'm guessing that's why ı feel dmc5 doesnt have a different tone from previous dmc games mainly cause the writer for the game wrote some of the previous dmc entries. )

Crazy / over the top japanese style re >>>> " Realistic " western style re

( Starting with re7; capcom started to hire western writers for their games and due to this; their tone feel boring when compared to previous main entries that had interesting tones due to being written by japanese writers. I'm guessing that's why ı feel dmc5 doesnt have a different tone from previous dmc games mainly cause the writer for the game wrote some of the previous dmc entries. )
A little analogy I made up on the fly.

RE’s lore started out as a simple smoothie. As the years went by, they kept adding different fruits and blended them together. It got to the point where they added so much to their beloved smoothie, that no one knew what flavor it was anymore. It had no distinct taste and lost its appeal.

So now they are playing it safe and starting a brand new smoothie, with a different blender, and so far they haven’t added anything.

So they tried to be smooth, eh? Not happening! ?

I think they are inspired by Fortnite now. Before that, it was Call of Duty, and no doubt P.T. as well. I think the series was at its best when games like Alone in the Dark were still a thing.

Top Bottom