• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

I was browsing online and ı took a look at this:

Re5, 15,611,739
Re6, 14,423,750
Re4, 14,042,463
Re:4, 7,026,000
Re:2, 13,973,000
Re2, 6,212,741
Re7, 13,394,000
Revillage, 9,803,000
Re:3, 8,772,000
Re3, 3,690,397

These are the sale numbers ı wanted to share. The most noticeable to me was re6's sale numbers that seem to be in 2nd position again even though there were some that kept claiming about re7 and re:2 selling more than re6 despite it being a bigger seller than those titles. It's also more than re4 but they are very close. Re:4 meanwhile still didnt sell more than re4, let alone re6, or even re:3 which still has bigger sale numbers despite the flack it catches online. Idk why many are still jumping to this blind remake culttrain despite these numbers, re:4 didnt sell more than some titles but some are still asking for re:5 very quick, it just ties to re5 storywise more than og game does, ıdk how that's meant to be evidence re:5 being released automatically but some just cant wait for capcom's announcements before asking for more.

Yeah. RE6 isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Those ass clowns just wanna jump on a bandwagon and proclaim it's a terrible game, or that it flopped. Yet they prefer to support RE7, which is really just a bizarre TCM rip off with a shemp Redfield at the end, just to link it to past RE games. Otherwise, it is slow moving and barely feels interconnected with the previous games, particularly since 4, 5 and 6 are so different.

Although that is of course the real Chris. I just meant in terms of what he looks like. 😎

Mert, please watch this. I'm sure you WILL get a good laugh out of it. 😅

Yeah. RE6 isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Those ass clowns just wanna jump on a bandwagon and proclaim it's a terrible game, or that it flopped. Yet they prefer to support RE7, which is really just a bizarre TCM rip off with a shemp Redfield at the end, just to link it to past RE games. Otherwise, it is slow moving and barely feels interconnected with the previous games, particularly since 4, 5 and 6 are so different.

Although that is of course the real Chris. I just meant in terms of what he looks like. 😎

Mert, please watch this. I'm sure you WILL get a good laugh out of it. 😅

I took a look at it. I think it's ok for what it is but the part where he uninstalled the game was hilarious.

I really wish I had something new to play that's fun and scary like the games I enjoyed during the good old PS1 days. I don't mind revisiting an old game occasionally, but they do feel dated nowadays. But all good things come to an end. It isn't 2000 anymore. :D

Totally gutted about Tango Gameworks getting axed, but the writing was certainly on the wall once Shinji left the company that [he founded].

I really wish I had something new to play that's fun and scary like the games I enjoyed during the good old PS1 days. I don't mind revisiting an old game occasionally, but they do feel dated nowadays. But all good things come to an end. It isn't 2000 anymore. :D

Totally gutted about Tango Gameworks getting axed, but the writing was certainly on the wall once Shinji left the company that [he founded].
Most games that ı can revisit before re7 still hold up for me and ı can play them well. I also thought about playing re3 again after a while but cause of re:3's reputation, ı cant bring myself to play og game anymore to record footage from it. I want to play it enough that ı would get all epilogue files, particularly leon, sherry and ada's, but it would be something that would take a while and there's also the secret message that you unlock after getting all of them. It's a fun game but ı wished it wasnt in raccoon for another time rather than being set in a new location like recv, re4, re5 and re6 instead. I also cant bring myself to care regarding its non-virus addition as much as g and t-veronica viruses as well as plaga up to damnation. No wonder mikami also doesnt like re3 to the point of creating another separate non-virus plot device all along to make his rushed script work. And with re:3, they make ne-alpha behave much more like plaga before re:4 comes in and makes luis an umbrella researcher to connect both plot devices together.

Yeah. Indeed, I enjoy all the old games, select spin off titles and the animated movies. But 7 and 8 are just boring as hell, and the remakes are bland but a few are tolerable.

4, 5 and 6 are fine as a trilogy of action based games. Unavoidable from a business standpoint, really, when Capcom insisted on making everybody into killing machines being slammed against floors and not getting torn up from the impact one bit. LOL.

Yeah. Indeed, I enjoy all the old games, select spin off titles and the animated movies. But 7 and 8 are just boring as hell, and the remakes are bland but a few are tolerable.

4, 5 and 6 are fine as a trilogy of action based games. Unavoidable from a business standpoint, really, when Capcom insisted on making everybody into killing machines being slammed against floors and not getting torn up from the impact one bit. LOL.
That's why ı find them more enjoyable that way than the other games in the series since they keep enough action to be still entertaining to this day. I still need to play re:4 more though, still didnt start playing as leon on ps4 but played as ada instead which was the reason ı bought the game in the 1st place.

Also they keep leon's knife scar in re6 from re4 while he doesnt get the scar in re:4, ı hate that.

Leon Knife Scar 2.0.jpg

This is still my favourite portrayal of leon like how chris and ada are in the same game.

Degeneration Leon.jpg

Damnation Leon.jpg

He doesnt seem to have the scar in these 2 stories either but ı still want to imagine him having the scar in damnation too, despite ada receiving damage to her clothes and svetlana also having a scar behind her back.

There is much to look forward to, as I see State of Play is going down tonight at 11 PM in the UK. But I will be immediately switching over to Konami's showcase if it runs past the hour.

I'm doubtful that RE9 will appear, but it's hard to say what Capcom could show off with all the mixed signals from Dusk Golem and other leakers. People are suggesting that RE0 and CV will be remade. But that's puzzling to me.

I feel like this is a farce, because Capcom will not be stupid enough to throw away the chance to profit from RE5 getting milked or a modern day remake of RE1 being the next big game. Especially with the 30th anniversary coming up in 2026.

Well, I honestly don't think Capcom will remake CV yet, as they'll likely choose to focus on the mega selling titles being remade first, then concentrate on the titles fewer fans have appreciated.

There is much to look forward to, as I see State of Play is going down tonight at 11 PM in the UK. But I will be immediately switching over to Konami's showcase if it runs past the hour.

I'm doubtful that RE9 will appear, but it's hard to say what Capcom could show off with all the mixed signals from Dusk Golem and other leakers. People are suggesting that RE0 and CV will be remade. But that's puzzling to me.

I feel like this is a farce, because Capcom will not be stupid enough to throw away the chance to profit from RE5 getting milked or a modern day remake of RE1 being the next big game. Especially with the 30th anniversary coming up in 2026.

Well, I honestly don't think Capcom will remake CV yet, as they'll likely choose to focus on the mega selling titles being remade first, then concentrate on the titles fewer fans have appreciated.
Whatever credibility I thought Dusk Golem had is out the window now lol. He has been all over the place lately.
My prediction is RE9 is about to be revealed at either the Sony State of Play or Summer Game Fest.

CV is the most underrated game in the series. The music in the game is both chilling and relaxing, depending on the room. It would be a thrill if they kept that in, but many new RE games are noticeably missing music.

I think they will probably cut at least one boss: The Gulp Worm, and maybe the Sweepers will be removed. I cannot see other enemies being cut. The bats... maybe.

They could re-use the Hunters from RE3, but if they are going with a new engine, they may redesign them.

Yeah Code Veronica is my favourite of the classic series and it has a great sound track. In my first playthrough of REmake2 and REmake4 I used the original sound track swap which added to the nostalgia and I would do the same if they remake Code Veronica. It's amazing how music is a huge trigger for nostalgia and can transport you back in time

What a disappointment with both State of Play and the Silent Hill transmission. No RE news was on offer, although was one honestly expecting anything? I'm sure tidbits of info about RE9 will happen over the summer, nonetheless.

Turns out the leaked screenshots for State of Play were right, as everything mentioned on X hours before it went live did appear. And the SH2 remake is going to come out on the 8th of October. But it was lame how the games people were arguably most excited to receive updates about (namely Townfall and f) no showed.

Phew. I guess now I can have a break from my usual rants for a while. :p

The 2020s = decade of remakes. 🤓

The 2030s = all new material. 🎮

I hope this comes true someday. So touch wood. 🤚

There's so many characters we want to see return, like Ada, Billy, and Barry.

Top Bottom