• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I finished playing re4 on my ps3 right now. I quite enjoyed playing it, ı dont think ı dislike the controls as much as ı used to. I still dont like aiming with left analog stick rather than right analog stick but the controls, just like the game, grew on me. I would say that ps3 port of re4 is the best way to play the game though with tweaks patch on steam, more options can be added even though it's just a patch. Will play separate ways and possibly assignment ada later.

It took ages to install, but I finally played through a few chapters of the DLC.

Very enjoyable. I like how they have switched things up so one of Salazar's bodyguards is now chasing Ada from the castle to the village, and you fight him with his hallucinations. Of course, he's a relatively simple boss.

You just shoot the real one with the red eyes.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
It took ages to install, but I finally played through a few chapters of the DLC.

Very enjoyable. I like how they have switched things up so one of Salazar's bodyguards is now chasing Ada from the castle to the village, and you fight him with his hallucinations. Of course, he's a relatively simple boss.

You just shoot the real one with the red eyes.
Glad you're enjoying it. I enjoyed it a lot when ı played it too. It feels longer than both of ada's scenarios in og game, it felt quite close to re6 and rerev2 when playing it. I dont think it's as long as ada's campaign in re6 ( which despite being the shortest still had a good amount of length just like other campaigns. ) but it's still very close. I would prefer re4r's approach to become a viability for new game stories, more so if they would ditch 1st person perspective in favor of ots perspective.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Played both separate ways and assignment ada today on my ps3. Overall enjoyed them fine even though ı dont like the latter that much other than ada's outfit. I managed to unlock chicago typewriter for both scenarios. I guess ı can keep sticking to that. While handcannon and prl-412 are interesting, unlocking them would take too much time, more so to upgrade handcannon which would take a lot of pesetas to do. When ı unlocked handcannon for the 1st time on steam, ı relied on a cheat to get infinite gold to max its stats immediately. But anyway ı think ps3 port of re4 is the best way to play the game though in regards to unlockables, having the game on steam can help due to tweaks patch which turns the game into some kind of a valve-made like a game or something due to that patch acting like a console command akin to half life and other valve games. Re6 also felt like a valve made game to me on steam when ı 1st played it, more so due to being introduced to the game and through it, the series, with l4d2. But anyway after playing re4 more on ps3, along with the existence of re4r which ı actually like, ı guess ı warmed up more to re4 both as a game and even as its story. Glad the controls felt quite enjoyable on ps3, on steam, the game can also bug in a few instances but on ps3, the game is more enjoyable in many ways. Even separate ways cutscenes' fit better than steam's rendition of separate ways' cutscenes. Unlike on steam, ı wasnt bothered by separate ways' cutscenes that much on ps3.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I still need to finish re2 and re3 on ps3. I also need to finish the 1st game on ps4, ı dont think ı can play it on ps3 cause ı didnt find the controls that enjoyable.

I like how you hear Wesker speaking through the controller.

The only thing is, after I turned my PS5 off to cool it down after days of being hot, I was asked to sign in again. I had to basically reset my password, only to log back in and notice the saved data was gone. I didn't even delete anything.

I don't know why that happens on the PS5, because I never had that problem with PS4 games, or I would remember it. But I best be careful in the future.

I like how you hear Wesker speaking through the controller.

The only thing is, after I turned my PS5 off to cool it down after days of being hot, I was asked to sign in again. I had to basically reset my password, only to log back in and notice the saved data was gone. I didn't even delete anything.

I don't know why that happens on the PS5, because I never had that problem with PS4 games, or I would remember it. But I best be careful in the future.
Yeah I really like that too, adds to the immersion.

I've never had an issue with save files being lost on my PS5, are you sure you are using the same profile?

I just seen a message that said if I signed out, my data would be lost. I cannot say I noticed this happening before.

Maybe it was a mistake on my part.
I did a bit of digging and experimenting with my PS5 and here is what I think happened. The message is:
“Your Data Will Be Deleted From This Console When You Log Out” and it happens when you signed in with a guest account.
When you add a user it gives you two options, on the left is Add User to the PS5 - Get Started, and on the right is Sign In but above it in smaller writing it says Guest Account. You must have clicked on the big Sign In button on the right (which would be easy to do) and signed in as a guest, instead of making a permanent account on the left.

screenshot.jpg
Thumbnail

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Finished re2 leon b scenario on my ps3 right now. Overall really enjoyed it and re2 is still my number 1 favourite game in the series, more so from pre-4 era. I might play leon a and claire b later but ı always preferred claire a and leon b over leon a and claire b even though ı still like both.

Re2 aeon.jpg

View attachment RE2 Leon B Ada protects Leon.mp4

I also took these, one image, one video. I took them from my phone so there are execution issues and ı can be seen as well but ı still love these scenes so, so, so, so, so and so much. Both sugimura and suga during their writing eras portray leon as a charming protector very well in my opinion. I adore both for their writing efforts and still deeply lament over both of their absences.

Yeah. The original RE2 I'd say is why I became a survival horror fan in the first place. It's probably my favourite game of all time, to be honest.

I thought the remake could have benefited from having the same type of tone and music.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Finished re3 on ps3 right now. Overall enjoyed playing it, like ı did before on emulators. I also played mercenaries with mikhail, ı played 3 rounds. For the 1st 2 rounds, ı died but for the 3rd one, ı managed to reach to the destination. Unfortunately ı couldnt save all hostages at neither of them since ı ran out of ammo. I was still rewarded with money but it wasnt enough to afford any of the guns. Overall ı enjoyed playing as mikhail too cause it was quite tense. I still found a save file somewhere where ı saved the previous one ı had to somewhere before overwriting that with the one ı found. Now everything is unlocked for re3 on my ps3.

So, I don't expect we can see any more RE news this year. But you never know. I like it when we get the occasional State of Play, or Capcom exclusive event to showcase something that's... interesting. :p

Will you be purchasing Alan Wake 2? ;)

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So, I don't expect we can see any more RE news this year. But you never know. I like it when we get the occasional State of Play, or Capcom exclusive event to showcase something that's... interesting. :p

Will you be purchasing Alan Wake 2? ;)
No ı bought too many games in the last days. Gotta refrain from buying more so that ı would spend even more time at the games ı play and enjoy. Right now ı have 60 hours on re4r compared to re7 and re2r where ı have 258 and 253 hours on them respectively. My goal is to put more hours into re4r than those games so it's gonna take some time until re4r's hour mark reaches above those games.

I noticed two games I want to buy near the end of October, are digital only releases. Just downloading RE4's content took me over 4 days, because I don't have a fast connection. Far from it.

I only achieve a speed of 0.3 most of the time. I never bothered bitching at TalkTalk about it sooner, because the many negative TrustPilot reviews indicate that complaining would be pointless. Plus, their call departments always have foreigners and speech to text type access features. And all that jazz.

So, yeah. Poor me. :p

Wesker looks like the lead in The Matrix movies. I doubt the series will ever have another villain like him. 😎

I honestly wonder how a RE5 remake would turn out, since so many fans seem to dislike the single player experience.🦓

Top Bottom