• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Movies Death Island spoilers. Credit goes to cvxfreak!

I feel the same way. But they're going to keep using them in action adventure, rescue mission type games. Yawn.

This is precisely why RE is NOT scary any longer. It's just another day at the office for these heroes. 🗄️

And Capcom are talking BS about considering CV. We know they're money grabbers who have it lined up. Would they really be that dumb not to know CV is the genuine sequel to RE2? Then again, they may be shoddy and believe nobody would play CV because it's not action horror like RE4 is. 😑

They only remade 2 and 3 because Raccoon City ended in 3. Any mainline games that aren't well received, they're gonna make an excuse not to bother remaking them, when we know they probably just say these things. And we know they're gonna filter out so much of the original game anyway.

A cash grab is still a cash grab.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I fully watched the movie right now, ı found a way to download the movie from twitter. My thoughts are overall the same. Leon, jill and rebecca are the characters ı enjoyed their return but ı've been disappointed between chris and claire's relationship. I didnt feel that they share that unique moments compared to jill and leon as well as chris and jill. And now that ı fully watched it, ı can safely say that ı dont like the way the infection works in the movie, ı thought it was cheap. Chris, claire and even leon get infected from those drones so that dylan would make his so called " motivation " speech. And ı cant say ı found his backstory that interesting either. Maria ı dont mind her return and ı liked the fight between her and leon but even her defeat felt a bit anti-climactic due to simply getting impaled on a broken pipe. I'm not sure if jill will come back to new stories after this, they dont explain her absence between 2009 and 2015 enough. Chris mentions piers at one point and it's overall glossed over as well.

Last edited:
I think I found the link to this Rhys guy, but the material was deleted. Typical.

Does Crapcom have simps watching people's every move? Hehe.

Meh. If I don't get to see it online, I will just have to wait another 11 days until it's officially available in the UK.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I wished chris and claire fought more creatures than zombies. I would have preferred this in the final fight but rebecca and claire go to the control room instead where they operate the drones, they dont fight the final boss directly as much as chris, jill and leon do. Personally ı think jill and leon fighting lickers is the best part in the movie.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think you forgot the spoiler text in the reply. Well, at least I can't see anything. 😁
I put it on purpose to censor my texts as much as possible. Even when not talking about the movie's plot, ı still put it just in case but maybe ı shouldnt put it? Is it ok if ı dont? I can try editing my replies so that ı would remove spoiler tags.

Good grief. Jill is seen in a little flashback where she is holding the rail gun from the crappy 2020 remake.

NO! 🥶

Why would Capcom act as if the RE3 remake is canon now, and not the original?

That absolutely sucks. Meh. 😦

Burn every copy. 📀 🔥 👩‍🚒

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

Good grief. Jill is seen in a little flashback where she is holding the rail gun from the crappy 2020 remake.

NO! 🥶

Why would Capcom act as if the RE3 remake is canon now, and not the original?

That absolutely sucks. Meh. 😦

Burn every copy. 📀 🔥 👩‍🚒
She holds the rail gun in the movie's story there, not during a flashback sequence to 1998. The movie recycles a lot from re2-3r so it's not surprising that happens. That started with infinite darkness already.

Last edited:
DP.

It's okay. I was outside and the sun did something to my phone's brightness. Usually if I walk in the shade, it's easier to see the glare.

I suppose it makes sense to use the remake storylines because of the updated character models. But it feels to me as if the original RE2 and 3 have been effectively "replaced" by that RE Engine dog shit.

Oh well. 🧟‍♀️

Apart from that, I just hope the movie will be good. It does look interesting. But I swear, I really don't like those remakes.

Also, why is Leon seen in RE6 here in the character analysis scene, and not 4? That makes little sense. Although I guess it could be because 6 is more of a recent mission than 4, as he has the same facial hair. But then they show Claire and Mr. X together, from 1998, ignoring the events of the splendid side story game Revelations 2 completely. ☹️

It could be because Nick A is not playing Leon in this movie, so it could look weird if they showed Leon when he was younger. But Claire looks as if she is the same age as she was in RE2's 2019 remake, despite the huge amount of time where Alyson Court assumed the role from the original RE2 up to her final canon appearance in Degeneration. I don't count the Wii shooters, and so on and so forth.

I don't know. It's kind of bugging me a little bit. 🤔

So what does Chris say in relation to losing his comrades?

I am surprised they even referenced any of those games, because I assumed with 6 being so hated, they would ignore it. I think it shows maturity on Capcom's part to still mention games that received unfavorable reviews. It proves there is still hope for a proper continuation of that game. Even if it's doubtful. I think I would rather see that than anything like 7 and 8 again.

I hope people have changed their mind about 6, because it's way better than 7 and 8. To me, 6 is off the hook as a bad game. 8 is now the absolute worst numbered entry, in my eyes. I never understood why 6 was such a black sheep, when it was more reminiscent of RE than 4 and 5.

As much as people hate 5, I think 5 is more connected to RE0 to CV than 4. All 4 does really is bring in the parasites that feature in 5. But 4 feels like mostly a separate adventure about a kidnapped woman. 5 goes full throttle and you defeat Wesker.

In fact, Wesker isn't even in 4 until you play as Ada. So up to that point, it really doesn't feel correlated with the previous games. Giving how Umbrella is seemingly defeated, and all. It's only once you see Wesker at the computer, you know he's up to something big.

I still to this day hate how they handled all of that stuff.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
DP.

It's okay. I was outside and the sun did something to my phone's brightness. Usually if I walk in the shade, it's easier to see the glare.

I suppose it makes sense to use the remake storylines because of the updated character models. But it feels to me as if the original RE2 and 3 have been effectively "replaced" by that RE Engine dog shit.

Oh well. 🧟‍♀️

Apart from that, I just hope the movie will be good. It does look interesting. But I swear, I really don't like those remakes.

Also, why is Leon seen in RE6 here in the character analysis scene, and not 4? That makes little sense. Although I guess it could be because 6 is more of a recent mission than 4, as he has the same facial hair. But then they show Claire and Mr. X together, from 1998, ignoring the events of the splendid side story game Revelations 2 completely. ☹️

It could be because Nick A is not playing Leon in this movie, so it could look weird if they showed Leon when he was younger. But Claire looks as if she is the same age as she was in RE2's 2019 remake, despite the huge amount of time where Alyson Court assumed the role from the original RE2 up to her final canon appearance in Degeneration. I don't count the Wii shooters, and so on and so forth.

I don't know. It's kind of bugging me a little bit. 🤔
No re engine versions dont " replace " og counterparts, they simply reference those games cause they are new. I agree about not showing rerev2 or even degeneration though. I dont think they show footage from re5 either.

So what does Chris say in relation to losing his comrades?
He mentions piers to jill by referring to him as " this guy " through a strange wording. Jill doesnt seem to know piers before chris mentioning him here and from my understanding, they also make it sound like piers didnt know about jill either. I found that incredibly strange. They brought her back in a new story set after re5 and it makes chris' adventures without her look incredibly awkward. At the start, chris and jill's relationship comes off cold but at the end, they warm up to each other and chris welcomes back jill for coming back to a new assignment after re5.

Yeah. Seems as if the handling of this is a little bit wooden. That's something Capcom should not mess up. These characters haven't been seen in years for anything new, nor together in this big of a capacity, so this should be one thing they get right.

I think they're just trying to make Jill seem like a bitch because of her PTSD, much like Chris and Leon were assholes in recent storylines.

It's like they can't come up with anything new, so they just keep moving the goalposts. LOL.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Alright ı removed the spoiler tags.

because of her PTSD
I found that underwhelming. Unlike chris in re6 where the game explores his past mission through a flashback chapter followed by the next chapter where he gets blinded by revenge, jill's mindstate, just like leon's in vendetta, isnt explored enough. It quickly gets glossed over. Technically darkside chronicles also explored leon's mind state hence there are 2 separate scenarios with multiple chapters where they are retellings of past games and you could even count tall oaks' chapters as leon's flashback chapters since the prelude, which is meant to be played 1st, starts in china and then you can play leon's campaign that starts in tall oaks. I always found it strange how leon's campaign in re6 shouldnt be played 1st according to some and yet ı started the game through that and overall enjoyed the story fine up to the end. I definitely agree with you about re6's hatred bandwagon looking even more out of place than ever before, ı miss suga's presence deeply, without him being in the charge of the scripts, it makes it look like the stories cant be followed properly compared to past hence ı dislike ucorps just like re engine.

There's a YouTuber called "Horror Trash" and he made a video in 2021, talking about why RE8 sucks.

Well, I couldn't help but agree with everything he cast up. Namely the stupid plot with Chris hiding the key info from Ethan, just so he has to go it alone through these locations. It doesn't make any sense. Then when you see Chris waiting on the bridge, he just stands there, not answering Ethan. I thought it was a terrible game.

Embarrassing, too. Do you know many people like to cosplay as Lady D and her daughters? It's just a game that inspired these dumb pop culture memes. But they probably never played the old games, because they're PS5 fanboys. New age simps, if you will. Or something. :p

^

" They bring them to this village... just for it to be at the source of the mould they fought in RE7!" 🫤

Comedy gold. You have to be the unluckiest man alive to get a home right next to the horror family from hell. 🤣

The whole game just wanted to copy RE4 too, which is why so much feels like a cut and paste job with the castle and the factory. Even 6 has more variety to the gameplay.

They tried to give you something to please everyone. But then people still complained. Yet they like 7 and 8. Why be salty? 7 and 8 are like rejected Rob Zombie and Tim Burton projects. LOL. 🏰

I am not the biggest fan of 7, but I seemed to warm to it a little bit because of the blue Umbrella story. Then 8 is again, like a separate adventure. It doesn't reference that at all, so it feels like another loosely connected experience.

And Death Island is supposed to take place 2 years before RE7. Chris keeps getting different models. It makes you so bothered by this. :D

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I wonder what happened to the other fans who used to be here. I remember many jill fans who used to post content about her here. Many asked for her return in these forums as well. With jill returning to a new story set after re5 with this movie ı wonder where they are? Did they get burned out from the storyline or something?

Maybe they lost interest, or the forum just ended up so inactive.

The off topic section has many unanswered threads, as you can see. But it's like this on most forums today, other than GameFAQs.

Top Bottom