• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Blue Umbrella

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
This is even worse when they don't have soldiers of their own in my opinion.

Are those soldiers really confirmed to be BSAA? I highly doubt all of them, including the ones we saw in EoZ, belonged to the BSAA. If that's the case, this makes the situation a whole lot worse because they could've simply included the BSAA in the game instead of creating this Umbrella being back since 2007 plot.

No, I think it means a majority of the soldiers in the unit are Umbrella employees, but it also includes some other BSAA operatives besides Chris. Chris is just singled out because he is team leader.

It would also explain why the soldiers are curiously referred to as BSAA on the game's official website.

they could've simply included the BSAA in the game instead of creating this Umbrella being back since 2007 plot.

Umbrella being back was planned for RE6.5, and was a continuation of a plot point in RE4. And they first showed up in UCorps.

If the BSAA showed up in RE7 instead, we'd once again be without a main arc to carry the series forward. The BSAA aren't going to be a main villian, after all.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Hey evilresident, do you have access to the features of re 5.5 and re6.5? Now that you mentioned it, ı would like to see them if it's possible.

this keeps getting dumber by the minute.

so these BSAA members with 'many achievements' included the 4 soldiers Chris was attempting to rescue.

it's really hard to decide who's more incompetent between the BSAA and BU at this stage.

Every time I seem to come back to this BU tripe, it just gets worse and worse. Why did there need to be a new Umbrella?! Not even the writers can answer this question. Or they just don't want to, because that would give away their hand of not having the slightest iota of where to take this series post Wesker and Umbrella.

What would have been lost if BU was removed entirely from 7 and it was the BSAA instead? Other than Chris still looking like a hot mess, nothing. In fact, it makes more sense due to Umbrella having been dissolved and dead for over a decade. Not fucking up continuity and character's logic. Chris still would have fought Lucas and the events of EOZ still would have happened.

Having Umbrella again adds nothing to the series. If they're bad, then we've wasted a full game of faffing about trying to (badly) pretend as if they're sunshine and rainbows to suddenly backstab people and then it's just gonna end with them getting defeated Tricell style, going under, and not being talked about ever again. Or we'll get a rehash of the first 4 games. None of those are good stories and both would be wastes of time cause we've already have seen it and done it better before.

If they're good, then what is the point of being named Umbrella? What does that name add that, I don't know, Macarena Pharma Inc. wouldn't? It would just look like Capcom attention seeking even more. And once again, a waste of time.

It just hit me, why couldn't this be Sheng Ya doing this whole thing? They have a name not connected to anything terrible that would immediately raise alarm bells in universe, have some introduction already through HI, and just overall have much more potential storywise than a new Umbrella ever could. It could end up like Tricell again, but at the very least it wouldn't be a complete copy paste like a Blue Umbrella would be.

Having Umbrella back adds nothing, is a waste of time we could be spending with actual new characters and new orgs to propel the series forward, and just makes the story worse.

I think 99% of the fan base is an agreement with you. It has plainly been done to just to bring about a sense of familiarity now that Capcom have run out of ways to keep Wesker relevant. Part of me thinks it has even been done just to boost merchandising for Umbrella t-shirts, bags, clothes etc and of course the contract with Tokyo Marui, but that's the pessimist in me.

The story has been running out of steam for a number of years and it's been clear for a while now Capcom are pretty much just making things up as they go along.

Fuck it, I'm gonna continue this Shen-Ya scenario. So Shen-Ya is working with the BSAA, providing weapons and so on. This is possible since, after Tricell was exposed and went under, various pharma companies are basically wetting their pants as that's two of their allies in the Consortium that have been revealed to be involved in bioterrorism. So they're desperate for any kind of public approval that won't result in them all losing their stock and money due to bad press. Enter Shen-Ya, a respectable older company affiliated with the Consortium and eager to help the BSAA to further their fight by making "anti bioterror" weapons (and thus protect their reputation).

Chris is still suspicious, due to bad experiences with two companies that were supposedly working with him, but not as hostile, as you know, working with Umbrella would be. The BSAA would more gladly work in tandem with Shen-Ya due to the heavy losses and inadequacies that happened during the 2013 outbreaks. And Shen-Ya would bolster their own reputation due to it being a Chinese company, potentially instilling more faith in them in and around Asia.

Shen-Ya, however, also happen to be who Ada Wong has been working for the whole time and has been gathering various bioweapons for them through the years. Providing them a whole wealth of info. Now they plan to take center stage and learn from the past failings of Tricell and Umbrella.

And a certain spy in red may be one of the only things potentially capable of stopping them.

Doesn't work I'm afraid unless Shen-Ya purchased the Zombie Jammer off themselves in 2014.
A smaller company did make it before them (others were also experimenting with weapons aimed at anti bioterror), but they were so impressed by the tool, they decided to buy out the whole company. And take their secret weapons for themselves and sell it off as their own invention. To the public, it would just appear like a merger of the smaller unnamed company, with no one none the wiser.

And after/during HI, the ship sent out that got killed was just a scout vessel, with a bigger ship further out. They overheard the crew being slaughtered and headed out to them. They quickly burned and destroyed the ship and its bodies before the BSAA could discover it.

Captain Redfield

What would have been lost if BU was removed entirely from 7 and it was the BSAA instead? Other than Chris still looking like a hot mess, nothing. In fact, it makes more sense due to Umbrella having been dissolved and dead for over a decade. Not fucking up continuity and character's logic. Chris still would have fought Lucas and the events of EOZ still would have happened.
Once again, you pretty much summed up how I feel about this as well. If it was the BSAA instead of BU, RE7 would've been the exact same game without any exceptions:

- Nothing would change story-wise, Ethan went looking for his wife, fought the Bakers and the Mold and eventually survived. The main game would suffer ZERO changes if it ever were to be the BSAA;

- Chris would still be in the game and even rescue Ethan near the end by throwing him the 01 Model. This would probably be the only thing I would change though. As much as I love Albert-01's design, if it were to be the BSAA instead of BU, the 01 would've been manufactured by the BSAA's Weapons Research & Development Team and it would've been based on Chris and Jill's model, it would've made no sense for the BSSA to manufacture Wesker's model. Although, the extended magazine release, railed barrel weight, light unit and fitted suppressor would all still be there because those customizations made it even more beautiful;

- With the above being said, it would've been the perfect opportunity to make a Jill reference as well. Since the weapon was manufactured by the BSAA, the 01 Project would've been supervised by none other than Miss Valentine herself as an homage to their comrades who died in 1998;

- The Connections would still be the ones responsible for the creation of the Mold and Chris' DLC would be the exact same thing but with BSAA soldiers instead of BU;

- All of the Banned Footage DLC's would still be in the game;

- End of Zoe would've been the exact same thing as well but with BSAA soldiers instead of BU once again;

That's why I say this BU plot is just plain nonsense and undermines previous plot points. Not to mention such a thing would have never been possible in real life...

Let's see, we have a company responsible for the beginning of the bioterrorism era and the destruction of entire cities was now reincorporated as a PMC under the same name, how in the hell would the Government's and world's population allow something like this to happen? The Umbrella name probably is the last thing they want to hear, let alone allowing such name to fight bioterrorism.

Heck, isn't it through field tests that they collect most of the data to evolve their B.O.W merchandise? They could be sending their soldiers to the battlefield for the simple purpose of collecting data to manufacture even more B.O.W's... How could the Government's top agencies as well as the population not even think about this? Ohh and having Chris to keep an eye on them means nothing because he's the world's best soldier, they can always use his combat data to manufacture even stronger B.O.W's...

Chris is actually the best guinea pig for this kind of situation because if he defeats such B.O.W's, all BU has to do is to create even stronger ones and this definitely isn't good for most soldiers who are below Chris' standards. There's just too much nonsense here, from the name not bothering the world as well as the Governments giving them a ticket to operate freely. How would the world react to a German PMC under the name of Nazi Top Aces to apparently help us in the fight against ISIS? The Umbrella name is just an insult to the RE's world.

Once again, you pretty much summed up how I feel about this as well. If it was the BSAA instead of BU, RE7 would've been the exact same game without any exceptions:

- Nothing would change story-wise, Ethan went looking for his wife, fought the Bakers and the Mold and eventually survived. The main game would suffer ZERO changes if it ever were to be the BSAA;

- Chris would still be in the game and even rescue Ethan near the end by throwing him the 01 Model. This would probably be the only thing I would change though. As much as I love Albert-01's design, if it were to be the BSAA instead of BU, the 01 would've been manufactured by the BSAA's Weapons Research & Development Team and it would've been based on Chris and Jill's model, it would've made no sense for the BSSA to manufacture Wesker's model. Although, the extended magazine release, railed barrel weight, light unit and fitted suppressor would all still be there because those customizations made it even more beautiful;

- With the above being said, it would've been the perfect opportunity to make a Jill reference as well. Since the weapon was manufactured by the BSAA, the 01 Project would've been supervised by none other than Miss Valentine herself as an homage to their comrades who died in 1998;

- The Connections would still be the ones responsible for the creation of the Mold and Chris' DLC would be the exact same thing but with BSAA soldiers instead of BU;

- All of the Banned Footage DLC's would still be in the game;

- End of Zoe would've been the exact same thing as well but with BSAA soldiers instead of BU once again;

That's why I say this BU plot is just plain nonsense and undermines previous plot points. Not to mention such a thing would have never been possible in real life...

Let's see, we have a company responsible for the beginning of the bioterrorism era and the destruction of entire cities was now reincorporated as a PMC under the same name, how in the hell would the Government's and world's population allow something like this to happen? The Umbrella name probably is the last thing they want to hear, let alone allowing such name to fight bioterrorism.

Heck, isn't it through field tests that they collect most of the data to evolve their B.O.W merchandise? They could be sending their soldiers to the battlefield for the simple purpose of collecting data to manufacture even more B.O.W's... How could the Government's top agencies as well as the population not even think about this? Ohh and having Chris to keep an eye on them means nothing because he's the world's best soldier, they can always use his combat data to manufacture even stronger B.O.W's...

Chris is actually the best guinea pig for this kind of situation because if he defeats such B.O.W's, all BU has to do is to create even stronger ones and this definitely isn't good for most soldiers who are below Chris' standards. There's just too much nonsense here, from the name not bothering the world as well as the Governments giving them a ticket to operate freely. How would the world react to a German PMC under the name of Nazi Top Aces to apparently help us in the fight against ISIS? The Umbrella name is just an insult to the RE's world.
I actually love the idea of the 01 models being based off Chris and Jill's Edges instead. It makes no sense for Chris to refer to the Albert 01 as his "most trusted steel buddy" when he still has his own Samurai Edge. You know, the one made specifically for him?

Also it would makes sense, since the DSO already have their own special guns, the Sentinel 9. Which was already based off of the Samurai Edge. It would totally fit to have the BSAA make their own specialized guns using the original Samurai Edges as the base. They would be called the Redfield-01 and the Valentine-01. Maybe Barry and even Rebecca could pitch in and create the Burton-01 and the Chambers-01.

I love the idea of Jill being one of the main ones spearheading the project too. Showing she's still in the fight, even if it's just making weapons. And since the BSAA in Vendetta are already making weapons like that portable railgun, it would fit in the canon and maybe be a segue into this different RE7.

And I didn't even think about them using Chris' combat data to further their goals. It wouldn't be the first time, since OG Umbrella was able to finally mass produce tyrants and create the T 103 thanks to the STARS combat data.

@TheBatMan 99% of the fan base doesn't even know the significance behind it. Everyone I talk to it seems doesn't know about the Umbrella reborn plans from RE4 and TUC, or the potential Rival Org connection, or the supplementary lore from UCorps and the gun pamplete. People just judge it at face value.

According to information from a reddit user, the BU uniforms in UCorps were recycled from RE6.5. Concept art for RE6.5 also has military figures under a modified Umbrella logo. Then look at the references to US bankruptcy code, the subtle and obvious UCorps links, and the consistency of it all. They have obviously been planning this out to some degree, and i'm suprised you of all people don't know better than to jump on the "making it up as they go along" bandwagon. It's been planned out to some degree since 2004!

@Weskers Report , BSAA drop like flies in every installment. Do you just lurk now until you see the opportunity to criticize something?

@Captain Redfield and Herb, if RE7 didn't have BU we would once again be without a main antagonist. It's better to introduce them in a small capacity at first, then work their way up.

All these people are taking the opportunity to complain with this new info, yet I find it amusing the same people critisized the fact Chris cared for the men in BU, or the fact BU troops died so easily. It just goes to show peoples' mentality will never change. I don't know why I continue to fight it - it's like shouting at a brick wall. It's just sad, since it's sucked away any enthusiasm I once had for discussion. Can't you guys use the 'series'ously thread for this?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I dont think bsaa would made sense in dulvey since it's an us city. Wasnt bsaa restricted in us if ı remember right? However if we change the city to a non-us one, then why not?

The city had to be US, as the area was based on Louisiana swamps and plantations. But people are ignoring the big picture here:BU was already created and planned for future use, and they needed to have an official debut. Having the BSAA or DSO show up wouldn't advance the plot in the long term, as BU obviously is going to show up again.

NaH was originally going to be more about them too, and they are connected to the Mold. RE7 was a beginning, not a self contained story.

Plenty of people are aware of the significance as it has been explained to them across multiple forums, but they are still not buying it for the same reasons people on this board who are aware of it still hate the idea. As we've discussed before, the Umbrella reborn storyline was altered and concluded a different way for RE5, so what they have done here was never part of the plan. The 6.5. artwork as I am led to understand was simply a series of proof of concept drawings and not part of any mapped out scenario for the original RE7. The artist responsible worked for Creative Assembly who made Alien Isolation. I was able to find out a little about it through a mutual friend who works for an Alien website. He has been down to CA's studios in the past.

This link we are hoping for is way, way off being anything solid. We've been told by the only man who has had any real insight into the development of Umbrella Corps that the game 'will never feature on any official timeline' - which is a very significant statement for something that had been billed as completely canonical with obvious links to RE7. Added to that the technical assistance thing was a lie - and that link was the irrefutable 'proof' the rival company were now Umbrella because there was no other way to interpret that evidence. All the gibberish about 'upcoming resurrections' was contradicted by 7 itself with the 2007 formation date and there is nothing whatsoever suggesting they didn't go public until 10 years later. Umbrella selling the Zombie Jammer to Shen-Ya in 2014 contradicts it for a start. Then there is Wesker's appearance himself, well you know my feelings on that score. I even bought the UC guidebook and there is nothing about Wesker whatsoever.

There's also the question of Umbrella Corps itself. Was it made with a tie in to 7 in mind, or was it what Capcom said, an ironic title used because Umbrella no longer existed. An updated company logo was made for the game, and that logo was then recolored and used for 7 when they decided to bring back Umbrella after the fact? There's no way to know.

The gun pamphlet may also only be what it describes; that Wesker's secret weapons research was found and in a twisted irony, is now being used to create anti-bio terror research rather than the opposite. It doesn't contain any strong evidence that Blue Umbrella is anything to do with him. People already fell into this kind of trap once when the material said Redfield was indeed Chris, but refused to believe because it was too outlandish and instead looked for conspiracy. That is exactly the same with Umbrella's resurrection. The idea is so extremely ridiculous so we have to turn to conspiracy and look for links to Umbrella being resurrected in past storylines to find some way for it to make sense.

I'm simply calling the evidence as I see it. I want the rival company thing to be true of course, but I'm fully expecting the latter. And regardless I think 7 would have been a much better storyline without Umbrella in it. It just reeks of being shoehorned in as a lure for older fans and to get more sales - just like Fox insisting Ripley had to be in Alien 4 at the expense of the storyline.

@WR, BSAA drop like flies in every installment. Do you just lurk now until you see the opportunity to criticize something?
nope. the new site is not functionable from a mobile phone. I don't have many opportunities outside of that. I posted an entire thread on problems with this site and it got taken down. pretty sad - I've never been a fan of censorshop.

you still think the BU plotline was planned all along by Capcom since post RE 5? smh.

nope. the new site is not functionable from a mobile phone. I don't have many opportunities outside of that. I posted an entire thread on problems with this site and it got taken down. pretty sad - I've never been a fan of censorshop.

you still think the BU plotline was planned all along by Capcom since post RE 5? smh.
Never said since RE5.

"BSAA drop like flies in every installment."

That's factually not true, Revelations, Revelations 2, and Stage all had their BSAA characters live.

"@cap and Herb, if RE7 didn't have BU we would once again be without a main antagonist. It's better to introduce them in a small capacity at first, then work their way up."

I can't speak for @Captain Redfield , but I'd say it's better to have another one off than to screw the story's plotlines and undermine them for nothing. And again what I and many have already stated, they could still do this sort of thing, just not with a company that's dead and gone and everyone in this fictional universe despises. Shen-Ya, had they been in New Umbrella's place in 7, would have accomplished the same thing, except for not screw with continuity. Or they could have continued the Family thing and have them be involved somehow. Or have the BSAA there the whole time but leave some sinister notes or a cliffhanger about what the Connections or whoever else Lucas was working with might do next.

That's the crux of the issue. What is it that a new, reborn, Umbrella provides to the story as it is right now that no other evil entity that currently exists can do or do better than? So far, from I've gathered, there's nothing that requires Umbrella to come back and that it's a detriment to the storyline that they have done so. There is no reason for Umbrella to exist again aside from marketability.

Captain Redfield

The BSAA don't actually drop like flies considering the situations they faced, the B.O.W's seen in RE6 were among some of the most dangerous in the entire series and the J'avo are far superior to the Molded, the can mutate, skillfully use firearms and even proficient in hand to hand combat. There's always casualties in a warzone, that's inevitable.

I know the BSAA dies a lot but at the same time they are the ones who resolved most of the population's problems with B.O.Ws:

- The Veltro conspiracy; - Kijuju Operation;

- Edonia Civil War; - Marhawa Academy;

- The Stage;

- Lanshiang bioterrorist attack; - New York City bioterrorist attack;

The BSAA fought and won all these incidents mentioned above.

Top Bottom