• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Blue Umbrella

@cvxfreak got a copy of the 01P pamphlet, scanned it, and I'm in the middle of translating. Good amount of info on Umbrella's revival and relationship with the BSAA, and confirms a few of my theories. I doubt the story info will be that diffferent between each pamphlet, hopefully only the individual gun tech specs vary.

Right off the bat though I can add that there are actually three models of the 01P: Alpha (Standard), Bravo (Black) and Charlie (White).

@cvxfreak got a copy of the 01P pamphlet, scanned it, and I'm in the middle of translating. Good amount of info on Umbrella's revival and relationship with the BSAA, and confirms a few of my theories. I doubt the story info will be that diffferent between each pamphlet, hopefully only the individual gun tech specs vary.

Right off the bat though I can add that there are actually three models of the 01P: Alpha (Standard), Bravo (Black) and Charlie (White).
Excellent. I look forward to your findings.

I'm busier than expected today so here is the most interesting part. It confirms that as I theorized, Umbrella couldn't operate like a regular PMC much like the BSAA originally couldn't operate as anything other than observers. It also implies that the Umbrella Corps unit is illegal. Their regular forces are mostly supplemented by BSAA troops, which means the official website was actually correct when it identified the soldiers in Not A Hero as BSAA.

DEVELOPMENT BACKGROUND
To avoid misunderstandings I first want to explain the process that led to development. The Umbrella Corporation was re-established and several conditions were imposed by the United Nations. One of them was to expand support to handle anywhere in the world within twenty-four hours after an incident occurs. This was a complicated problem when it was re-established. In another clause there was an article forbidding the possession of private organizations able to exercise armed force. Though it sounds contradictory considering the detailed accounts of the incident they caused, it can also be understood that without this article, under normal social conventions it'd be difficult to approve the re-establishment. There was considerable consultation between Umbrella Co. and the UN concerning this article. Umbrella Co. requested humanitarian considerations in reaction to facing hazardous field sites unarmed. The resulting answer issued by the UN was support with military force by the BSAA, which is a military unit under the UN. Although it's political talk, the cooperation of Umbrella Co. was also essential within the UN. Establishing countermeasures against increasingly complex B.O.W.'s hadn't been completed and the UN forces were exposed to severe criticisms from each country. In addition, the organizational operation costs of the ballooning BSAA etc. were also a cause for concern.
In any case, this cooperative framework meant that Umbrella Co. fulfilled the re-establishment requirements. Case-tailored special weapon sets were prepared for the troops as flawless equipment provisions. The benefits of this collaborative relationship are significant because a quick response system is essential in attending to field sites. Ammunition stocks and expendable supplies are always prepared in abundance for the main force and can be promptly supplied... but it is an arrangement with an unexpected budget.

I'm busier than expected today so here is the most interesting part. It confirms that as I theorized, Umbrella couldn't operate like a regular PMC much like the BSAA originally couldn't operate as anything other than observers. It also implies that the Umbrella Corps unit is illegal. Their regular forces are mostly supplemented by BSAA troops, which means the official website was actually correct when it identified the soldiers in Not A Hero as BSAA.
Some cool details there. Makes logical sense too. Also confirms my own thoughts about Chris not being an exception and multiple BSAA operatives working for Umbrella with access to the Umbrella Arsenal System. Hopefully we'll find out exactly when the Special Case Processing Team was formed.

Well, we already knew multiple BSAA soldiers were working with them from the 01P page:

The "standard issue handgun" of the Umbrella Corporation with increased versatility
The existence of the Umbrella Corporation flying a blue umbrella became clear in the game "BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil." The Umbrella Corporation became Blue Umbrella after reflecting on its past as Red Umbrella and harbors a temporary transfer agency named the "Special Cases and Disposal Team" to support the United Nations-centered anti-bioterrorism unit BSAA and conducts weapons development under BSAA management at the "Anti Bio Weapon Development Bureau." Therefore, the anti-bioterror weapon "Albert .W. Model 01P" was born.
The "Albert.W.Model 01P" was adopted as the standard issue of the Special Cases and Disposal Team. It's a mass-production model derived from the "Samurai Edge <Albert.W.Model 01>" habitually used by Chris Redfield, but it's a performance model in pursuit of versatility and is designed to display performance regardless of the situation. Because BSAA members assigned to the Special Cases and Disposal Team have achieved many results, its potential has been proven.
Umbrella Special Cases and Disposal Team BSAA elites led by Chris Redfield are assigned to the "Special Cases and Disposal Team" formed within the Umbrella Corporation after it was rebuilt, and conduct various anti-bioterrorism measures.

Excellent stuff. Thanks.

I thought the same thing too. BU suddenly showing up despite no mention in RE5 and RE6 had to have been something they considered. When you take a step back and forget certain preconceptions, everything concerning this plot fits. So well fitting in fact that it makes several entries and plot points like RE4 actually relevant in the grand scheme of things. It creates a unified purpose in both the premature fall of RU and the rise of bioterror, considering both were orchestrated for the rise of BU.

Besides, Spencer is dead, and everyone the world knows to have been guilty is too, or in prison. Umbrella was a massive group, and most employees had nothing to do with BOW development. And they are not making pharmaceuticals or performing virus research, they are making guns under UN supervision. The more I think about it, the more and more it makes sense.

For a premise that sounds so silly, they really are handeling this in a smart and detailed way. I only hope people eventually see the merit behind this.

Excellent stuff. Thanks.

I thought the same thing too. BU suddenly showing up despite no mention in RE5 and RE6 had to have been something they considered. When you take a step back and forget certain preconceptions, everything concerning this plot fits. So well fitting in fact that it makes several entries and plot points like RE4 actually relevant in the grand scheme of things. It creates a unified purpose in both the premature fall of RU and the rise of bioterror, considering both were orchestrated for the rise of BU.

Besides, Spencer is dead, and everyone the world knows to have been guilty is too, or in prison. Umbrella was a massive group, and most employees had nothing to do with BOW development. And they are not making pharmaceuticals or performing virus research, they are making guns under UN supervision. The more I think about it, the more and more it makes sense.

For a premise that sounds so silly, they really are handeling this in a smart and detailed way. I only hope people eventually see the merit behind this.
No, it's unnecessary and unneeded. No merit to be found. And there is still no need for an Umbrella to be in the story at this point. It was already wrapped up at least nine years ago and the story had has already moved on this point. the characters have moved on, the organisations have moved, everyone has moved on. The whole Neo-Umbrella thing and the inconsistency with having a new Umbrella established by the time RE5 is still there and it's still a bad retcon and plothole.

No, it's unnecessary and unneeded. No merit to be found. And there is still no need for an Umbrella to be in the story at this point. It was already wrapped up at least nine years ago and the story had has already moved on this point. the characters have moved on, the organisations have moved, everyone has moved on. The whole Neo-Umbrella thing and the inconsistency with having a new Umbrella established by the time RE5 is still there and it's still a bad retcon and plothole.
Can you please leave me alone? I want to discuss new plot details, not listen to you shoot down everything I say because you refuse to acknowledge anything that actually contradicts your views.

It's always you as well. Just move on and discuss elements you enjoy, and stop policing my thread.

Can you please leave me alone? I want to discuss new plot details, not listen to you shoot down everything I say because you refuse to acknowledge anything that actually contradicts your views.

It's always you as well. Just move on and discuss elements you enjoy, and stop policing my thread.
I don't think he's doing it on purpose. He just hatest the new storyline.

I myself was so enthusiastic back in the day then little by little the lack of information led to extreme frustration and ultimately disappointment.

even now we are getting these gold nuggets of information thanks to CVXfreak and NB through translated gun pamphlets.

smh.

but I must say these last tidbits of info are shedding some light on things and making them look a little better.

I don't think he's doing it on purpose. He just hatest the new storyline.

I myself was so enthusiastic back in the day then little by little the lack of information led to extreme frustration and ultimately disappointment.

even now we are getting these gold nuggets of information thanks to CVXfreak and NB through translated gun pamphlets.

smh.

but I must say these last tidbits of info are shedding some light on things and making them look a little better.
@An Herb Sandwich expressing her dissapointment in the plot is fine. But she goes overboard with it and uses any opportunity to slander anything I have to say regarding it. Batman doesn't like it either, but I can actually discuss it with him without it becoming a shouting match.

Look at it from my perspective: the entire reason I joined the community online last year was because I wasexcited to discuss the new plot. Before that I was a lurker. But whenever I so much as mention BU, she starts throwing around obsenities and insults, and refusing to acknowledge any other perspective. Even Captain Redfield and BSAArklay admitted some of the connections to other plot points had significant merit. I just wish she could give it a rest, and focus on elements of the series she enjoys.

there was an interview with RE2make staff concerning a possible reference to the Wesker Children getting into the plot this time. Maybe Ada or Hunk sections are more probable candidates to feature such reference. Whoever it is maybe has a connection to RE 8? We will have to wait and see...

there was an interview with RE2make staff concerning a possible reference to the Wesker Children getting into the plot this time. Maybe Ada or Hunk sections are more probable candidates to feature such reference. Whoever it is maybe has a connection to RE 8? We will have to wait and see...
Do you happen to know which interview it was? That's pretty significant information.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
@News Bot uploaded some of the translation at PU:

http://projectumbrella.net/articles/SURVIVE-Magazine-Sep-2018

By the way, that pink wall of code at PU is gone now, so that's good.

So the surviving STARS members are famously known to the public, and the metal used with the AW01 lends to it's usefulness in harsh environments.
I'm not surprised they are famously known as well as the Samurai Edge. Berettas 92 and 93R were extensively used by the BSAA, these are some of the best firearms you can possibly carry with you, let alone a modified version such as the Samurai Edge.

Chris has used the Beretta 92F, the 93R and the Samurai Edge, you can count on more Beretta/Samurai Edge models coming. According to the article, there might be some modified Assault Rifles and Machine Guns on the way as well, hopefully the Colt M4A1 Chris used in Vendetta is part of this firearms research due to its versatility in close-quarters combat and near perfect performance. The M4A1 (Assaulti Rifle) + Samurai Edge (Handgun) + Thor's Hammer (Shotgun) would make any soldier feel safe on the battlefield, the complete package.

I'm not surprised they are famously known as well as the Samurai Edge. Berettas 92 and 93R were extensively used by the BSAA, these are some of the best firearms you can possibly carry with you, let alone a modified version such as the Samurai Edge.

Chris has used the Beretta 92F, the 93R and the Samurai Edge, you can count on more Beretta/Samurai Edge models coming. According to the article, there might be some modified Assault Rifles and Machine Guns on the way as well, hopefully the Colt M4A1 Chris used in Vendetta is part of this firearms research due to its versatility in close-quarters combat and near perfect performance. The M4A1 (Assaulti Rifle) + Samurai Edge (Handgun) + Thor's Hammer (Shotgun) would make any soldier feel safe on the battlefield, the complete package.
It may depend on whether or not Albert also researched those guns before he died. It would be more likely we'd see a submachine gun rather than an assault rifle, as the project focuses on CQC.

I think the smartest choice would be the Desert Eagle. High power magnums are extremely effective on BOWs, and the Eagle is faster and easier to load than the revolver. Each team should also have incendiary rounds or flamethrowers.

The BU axe is also an invaluable tool.

Captain Redfield

It may depend on whether or not Albert also researched those guns before he died. It would be more likely we'd see a submachine gun rather than an assault rifle, as the project focuses on CQC.

I think the smartest choice would be the Desert Eagle. High power magnums are extremely effective on BOWs, and the Eagle is faster and easier to load than the revolver. Each team should also have incendiary rounds or flamethrowers.

The BU axe is also an invaluable tool.
The idea of BU being a weapons manufacturer sounds a whole lot better than them figthing B.O.W.'s to be honest, let's just see how the writers handle this in the future. In a way, they would still be providing their help when it came to fighting B.O.W.'s since the BSAA would be using their firearms.

Anyway, the main point here is to discuss this firearms project and I'm a huge firearms enthusiast as well. I don't think that every model should have the name Albert stamped on them, they are more than capable of conducting independent weapons research with experts like Chris and Barry overseeing the project (just an idea).

Regarding CQC, Assault Rifles such as the Colt M4A1 are extremely useful in close-quarters combat. In fact, some of the real Special Forces in the world use the M4A1 in their Krav Maga blunt weapons training, the long barrel plus extendable stock lever makes it more than suitable for CQC.

In Resident Evil: Vendetta Chris used the M4A1 as a spear and even as a blunt weapon when he smashed a zombie with a barrel strike + buttstroke combo, Glenn Arias also used it to block Chris' knife attacks. In the right hands, the M4A1 is one of the most versatile firearms out there.

As a project that focuses on both firearms performance and CQC, then the M4A1 should definitely make it to the top of their list.

Magnums are effective against B.O.W's as you said, they are powerful but the recoil and firing rate are something to take into account too. Huge B.O.W's will most likely fall at the hands of Grenade Launchers and the M4A1 is compatible with the M203 and M320 GL's, making it a suitable weapon to fight both small and larger B.O.W's.

That's one thing I like about this series too, they take firearms and their performance seriously with even extended background details, I wish they did the same in the martial arts department, with small files at least mentioning the styles of combat our characters were practicing. Chris' file in RE5 was the perfect opportunity for this since he underwent some rigorous training in anticipation for a final confrontation with Albert, just a small paragraph describing his Thai Boxing training (his fighting style in RE5) would've been cool.

Also, in Vendetta, Chris' skills with the M4A1 weren't just for show, given his Krav Maga style of combat in there, I'd say they purposefully went with the M4A1 because of some specific action sequences. This just goes to show us how detailed this series is when it comes to the militaristic aspect of it such as the firearms, their performance and even their use in CQC techniques.

The idea of BU being a weapons manufacturer sounds a whole lot better than them figthing B.O.W.'s to be honest, let's just see how the writers handle this in the future. In a way, they would still be providing their help when it came to fighting B.O.W.'s since the BSAA would be using their firearms.

Anyway, the main point here is to discuss this firearms project and I'm a huge firearms enthusiast as well. I don't think that every model should have the name Albert stamped on them, they are more than capable of conducting independent weapons research with experts like Chris and Barry overseeing the project (just an idea).

Regarding CQC, Assault Rifles such as the Colt M4A1 are extremely useful in close-quarters combat. In fact, some of the real Special Forces in the world use the M4A1 in their Krav Maga blunt weapons training, the long barrel plus extendable stock lever makes it more than suitable for CQC.

In Resident Evil: Vendetta Chris used the M4A1 as a spear and even as a blunt weapon when he smashed a zombie with a barrel strike + buttstroke combo, Glenn Arias also used it to block Chris' knife attacks. In the right hands, the M4A1 is one of the most versatile firearms out there.

As a project that focuses on both firearms performance and CQC, then the M4A1 should definitely make it to the top of their list.

Magnums are effective against B.O.W's as you said, they are powerful but the recoil and firing rate are something to take into account too. Huge B.O.W's will most likely fall at the hands of Grenade Launchers and the M4A1 is compatible with the M203 and M320 GL's, making it a suitable weapon to fight both small and larger B.O.W's.

That's one thing I like about this series too, they take firearms and their performance seriously with even extended background details, I wish they did the same in the martial arts department, with small files at least mentioning the styles of combat our characters were practicing. Chris' file in RE5 was the perfect opportunity for this since he underwent some rigorous training in anticipation for a final confrontation with Albert, just a small paragraph describing his Thai Boxing training (his fighting style in RE5) would've been cool.

Also, in Vendetta, Chris' skills with the M4A1 weren't just for show, given his Krav Maga style of combat in there, I'd say they purposefully went with the M4A1 because of some specific action sequences. This just goes to show us how detailed this series is when it comes to the militaristic aspect of it such as the firearms, their performance and even their use in CQC techniques.
I agree that them making guns is much easier to believe, although they still do have a small military presence.

Great info btw. The RE series does have great attention to detail with militaristic stuff. I remember they hired military advisers for Degeneration.

Captain Redfield

I agree that them making guns is much easier to believe, although they still do have a small military presence.

Great info btw. The RE series does have great attention to detail with militaristic stuff. I remember they hired military advisers for Degeneration.
According to the file, they have no field teams whatsoever and depended on BSAA soldiers. I think there's really no point in having BU with BSAA soldiers, it is much better to simply use the BSAA for field missions and having BU's contribution in the firearms department.

The BSAA already has a lot of branches scattered throughout the world, having this new and much smaller PMC conducting field missions (the small military presence as you said) just sounds weird when you have something as large as the BSAA. That's why I hope the stuff that happened with BU in RE7 was just some sort of test and that BU simply becomes a weapons manufacturer in the future that helps both the BSAA and DSO.

With that being said, the irony of the name Umbrella helping out in the fight against biowarfare would actually fit the plot much better. While people may not particularly agree with the name, just the idea of knowing they were simply making guns could actually come to terms with society.

As I said before, having them conducting field missions is unacceptable if people don't fully trust them because combat data can be gathered for them to create B.O.W's or even sell that data to unpleasant parties, Chris of all people should know this.

BU can actually fit the plot, but as a mere firearms manufacturer. "Umbrella once created B.O.W's, now they create firearms to kill them."

Yeah, the militaristic aspect of the series has great attention to detail, mostly with firearms. As I said, I wish they did the same with CQC because it greatly increases your chances of survival when you're unarmed or out of ammo, even against B.O.W's.

For example, Chris killed zombies unarmed in Vendetta, his knife skills were effective against some of the toughest B.O.W's, Joe Baker survived the swamps with his bare fists etc...

I wish they at least made a file once in a while to mention the use of martial arts and hand-to-hand combat. Not only that but I seriously hope they go into more detail when it comes to knives with some special models being produced and how effective they can be against B.O.W's.

In Not a Hero, even with the Albert-01P and Thor's Hammer, Chris still carried a Tactical Knife that apparently was fine tuned just for him. With that we can the see the importance of knives in general, firearms run out of ammo, knives don't.

Top Bottom