• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Kamiya and Sugimura have already confirmed that all four scenarios are canon.
I didnt dismiss leon a claire b though; ı already said " some aspects " . Claire a leon b is still main canon, future events even confirm it. Also ı know that hunk recovered the g sample leon threw away.

No. She constantly runs away, suspiciously silent and says words like "we'll play by your rules, for now."
She runs away cause she's trying to find john. When she finds out he's dead and after leon finds her in sewers; that's when they start to bond each other.

But anyways; ı still dont see the problem with ada in og game. I think ı agree with this review when it comes to ada:

As for the kiss scene in reimagining; it's just a forced scene that has ada using that to manipulate leon. In leon b; it was an earnest declaration of love.

Saw this comment on a video related to re2 2019 and ı agree with it:

" Claire's shrugging off of Chris being in Europe due to thinking he's fine and on vacation. And even though she thinks his (probably coded) letter was weird and not like him, there's still nothing to suggest she feels so concerned about Chris that she'd fly to Europe and invade Umbrella's HQ over that. That, and how nonchalant she is in the ending with going with Leon and Sherry to who knows where, rather than making it clear she was going to probably separate from their group like in the original.

Ada's "death" is changed to the falling one, even though they've been pushing the B scenario death scene for at least a decade now in all depictions/imagining's of 2's events. Plus the B death makes the most sense realistically too to happen that way instead of falling down a bottomless pit, when their main goal with Remake 2 is to make things more "grounded" and "realistic" than they were before.

Leon's small part in getting Sherry moved from the safe room to the train is removed, taking away his part in the story of saving Sherry. When Sherry acts with gratitude later when shown in 6 about Leon saving her life, even though in this new version he didn't do anything except show up at the end.

Leon seems to be more into joining the government of his own freewill by the end of Re2make instead of being blackmailed and forced to join like before. Granted, they never really made proper use of that plot point anyway with Leon's character, but it still happened and it tied into Sherry's story as well.

And though this part is more subjective, I don't think they really pulled off the romantic angle of Ada and Leon here very well. The original also didn't really use this plot well either, but there was more chemistry involved in their relationship to where you could feel it was romantic. Here it feels more like they were just working together and sorta became friends instead of Love Interests. And the kiss here feels more forced and more along the lines of Ada manipulating Leon to go do the thing she wants of him instead of an earnest declaration of love. Honestly, there was more romantic chemistry and hints towards Leon and Claire being a thing more than Ada and Leon.

Oh, and they replaced the Ivy's too, along with other enemies. Even though they were a bonafide BOW that was later used to build the Ivy's in Operation Javier in Darkside Chronicles. "

After the release of the remake of the third game, Fabiano said several times that the remakes and the originals are canonical at the same time. This quote is so famous that only the laziest fan doesn't know about it.

Just because new interpretations may not have the greatest weight in the canon does not mean that they are not canonical. You are mistaken.
Are you talking about fabiano's tweet? If so; ı saw it before. It's just a lazy answer. The og re2 and re3 are more canon cause they tell more complete stories. The reimaginings are grey canon.

Btw why do you call re2 2019 and re3 2020 " remakes " ? They are not. They are reimaginings. Even in the interviews, they are called reimagining.

I have heard the arguments you wrote to me thousands of times, both in English and in Russian. You're like zombies repeating the same thing because you read each other's opinions, even though I'm tired of repeating that I don't agree with you. And I don't see the point in explaining my point of view, because you're more concerned with your narrative that the game has done a lot of bad things.

The only reason I'm answering you is because you were the first to write to me. I don't really give a fuck about other people's opinions that you agree with. If you don't have your own opinion and experience, it's a shame.

" some aspects "

There are no "some aspects" here, because the scenarios are not written in such a way that "some aspects" are part of it. Moreover, your words contradict those of Kamiya and Sugimura.

Even the description from Resident Evil 6 shows that the authors simply refer to these events in a free way for themselves.

As for the kiss scene in reimagining; it's just a forced scene that has ada using that to manipulate leon.

It doesn't matter, because they kiss anyway. Ada is still attached to Leon and this can be seen in the bridge scene.

You say they're friends, but friends don't kiss. You're literally manipulating the arguments.

They are reimaginings. Even in the interviews, they are called reimagining.

These are remakes, because these are new games that are based on old games and use their trademarks. "Reimagining" and "remake" are not mutually exclusive concepts, but different forms of how you can remake a previous game.

It's just a lazy answer.

I don't care what do you think of these words. It was a statement. Moreover, he repeated it several times in different sources. And you say things that objectively contradict those words.

The reimaginings are grey canon.

First, there is no "grey canon". Especially not in Japanese. This is the definition that the fans came up with to organize the knowledge in a convenient way.

Secondly, you don't say that remakes, fortunately, are "gray canon". You say that remakes are not canon.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
You're like zombies repeating the same thing because you read each other's opinions, even though I'm tired of repeating that I don't agree with you.
Why are you so rude? Calm down. No need to insult to each other.

Moreover, your words contradict those of Kamiya and Sugimura.
What are kamiya's and sugimura's words? Is there a source for an interview?

It doesn't matter, because they kiss anyway.
Only ada willingly does; leon doesnt even go for the kiss. ( In leon b; both characters are interested in the kiss instead of that being one-sided. ) That scene is stupid as hell. Plus there's romance between leon and claire in the reimagining for a weird reason despite the interactions being cut. Re2 2019 is the reason why the stupid redfield bloodline joke exists in the 1st place as well.

These are remakes
No they arent. I linked a video that even shows interviews.

First, there is no "grey canon".
Yes there is. The chronicles retellings are grey canon for example. The reimaginings are grey canon too. The only entries that are completely not canon are gaiden and reorc.

I didnt say the reimaginings are completely non-canon. I simply said they arent canon. Though ı'll admit ı should have probably said " They are grey-canon. " instead of " They arent canon. " so ı'll give you this one.

Why are you so rude?

Because I'm pissed off, and such conversations do not bring me a pleasure at all.

I already gave you a link to this interview, but you haven't read it, apparently. Right now I don't have the opportunity to give the link again.

Only ada willingly does; leon doesnt even go for the kiss. ( In leon b; both characters are interested in the kiss instead of that being one-sided. )

Yes, I know. And the remake is better.

People don't become hot lovers in a few hours without common ground. I see you ignored my part of the text where I wrote about it. The attachment that is shown in the remake looks more appropriate. What's more, technology now allows developers to show acting better, so characters don't have to make silly gestures and shout.

Christ. When you launch these games, you can see that the main menu shows both the release year of the new games and the release year of the old games as well. This is because these games are based on these titles and remake these old products.

The word "reimagining" is not a term and serves only to express the idea of developers that they willfully interpret the source material.

The remake of the first game was also never called a remake by the developers. They used a different word. But it's still a remake, because remake is a technical term.

The chronicles retellings are grey canon for example.

You need to read less Wikipedia, because the "gray canon" is a concept invented by fans. Fans of any franchise in general often like to come up with a system of canons, although the Japanese names are divided into the main ones and "gaidens".

Why are you so rude?

Because I'm pissed off, and such conversations do not bring me a pleasure at all.

I already gave you a link to this interview, but you haven't read it, apparently. Right now I don't have the opportunity to give the link again.

Only ada willingly does; leon doesnt even go for the kiss. ( In leon b; both characters are interested in the kiss instead of that being one-sided. )

Yes, I know. And the remake is better.

People don't become hot lovers in a few hours without common ground. I see you ignored my part of the text where I wrote about it. The attachment that is shown in the remake looks more appropriate. What's more, technology now allows developers to show acting better, so characters don't have to make silly gestures and shout.

Christ. When you launch these games, you can see that the main menu shows both the release year of the new games and the release year of the old games as well. This is because these games are based on these titles and remake these old products.

The word "reimagining" is not a term and serves only to express the idea of developers that they willfully interpret the source material.

The remake of the first game was also never called a remake by the developers. They used a different word. But it's still a remake, because remake is a technical term.

The chronicles retellings are grey canon for example.

You need to read less Wikipedia, because the "gray canon" is a concept invented by fans. Fans of any franchise in general often like to come up with a system of canons, although the Japanese names are divided into the main ones and "gaidens".

None of the developers have ever said such things. Moreover, even Wesker's Report and Resident Evil 6 refer not to specific events from these games, but to their own interpretations. Leon didn't get the pendant, which then went to HUNK, and he also never thought about suicide and didn't have much interaction with Sherry. People just like to rationalize and invent explanations. But this story has never had a strict canon, the authors just use references to establish new stories.

I simply said they arent canon.

Great. And that's a lie, because they're canon.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Agree to disagree about ada ı guess. Plus ı already explained that it's possible for leon to consider suicide in og game, ( Despite this not being shown. ) especially since he encounters sherry in leon b way earlier ( While trying to help her. ) while in reimagining; he doesnt encounter sherry until at the end.

Not gonna change my mind about re2 2019 and re3 2020 being reimaginings either. The video ı linked here tells they are reimaginings while giving interviews as sources. People are mistaken at calling them remakes even though there's only one remake and that's released in 2002.

although the Japanese names are divided into the main ones and "gaidens".
So basically what you are saying is " The only non-canon games are gaiden and reorc, everything else is canon. " ; correct?

ı already explained that it's possible for leon to consider suicide in og game

The description from Resident Evil 6 makes it very clear that Sherry's protection was the only reason he didn't give up. The original second game was never written this way. No scenario has established this either. Stop making theories and making excuses. If this description was correct, Leon would have shot himself in Leon A. It was for this reason that I began to explain why I like Leon from the remake. He doesn't need Sherry to have a duty.

People are mistaken at calling them remakes even though there's only one remake and that's released in 2002.

The mistake is to think that "remake" is a word that describes how faithful the product is to the original source, and not that it is a new product based on an old title. The word "reimagining" does not contradict the word "remake". You can literally see 1998 and 1999 next to copyright protection in these games. But I think your friend knows better than the copyright holders.

So basically what you are saying is " The only non-canon games are gaiden and reorc, everything else is canon. " ; correct?

This is literally a statement from Capcom.

Also, the word "gaiden" does not necessarily mean a lack of canonicity. It is a product separated from the main product.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Russident just a question. You said that you dont trust re wiki. If that's the case then why are you trusting project umbrella exactly? Why are you in pu's and wesker's report's discord servers? They believe re wiki and those 2 sites are connected to each other. I know you are russ in the discord servers btw.

As for leon's suicide consideration in raccoon; ı still dont see how that causes a contradiction in re2. ( Again claire a leon b is canon. Leon a claire b is grey canon. ) I already said that it's possible for leon to think about suicide for the reasons ı posted. Not to mention how is this only possible for darkside chronicles? In re2's retelling; you encounter sherry in the same place as claire a leon b and leon gets injured by annette in sewers too, ada bandages him then he's alone for a while until claire finds him. During the part where he's alone; he could be thinking about suicide. Again he never says anything about suicide with his dialogue.

Sorry for asking this again but ı'm so confused by your statements. Are you trying to say that file is a plot hole? ( Even though there arent any plot holes / retcons in the franchise according to news bot. )

Personally ı liked that file which adds to leon's character while giving him character development and ı wished they didnt cut leon's / sherry's interactions as well as ada / sherry interaction in the reimagining. Imagine if t-103's final form was handled similar to how darkside chronicles handled it? Or what about ada helping claire and leon while both of them are trying to find the vaccine? Or what about ada helping sherry in some way? Re2 2019 seriously missed the mark storywise imo.

I really like re6's files' extra portions.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yes. I post on GameFAQs as YouMayDieToday. 😎

That site sucks ass, however. 😞
I agree with your thoughts btw. I think capcom screwed up the franchise with umbrella corps ( Wesker revival is hinted. ) and re7. Re6 and rerev2 feel like the last proper re games.

I'll admit that re4 did some story damage due to its disconnected nature but capcom wanted to fix the damage that game did with re5 and chronicles games.

Meanwhile they didnt do this for re7 but instead unnecessarily convoluted the past with reimaginings.

And according to re8 leaks; that game will also be disconnected to canon re lore just like re7 and reimaginings.

Can I ask you a question, mert20004? Do you know a guy called James Berich aka Nemesis556? I've been around RE related forums for years, so you may recall he was posting on The Horror Is Alive.

He has been stalking me since 2017. Like, he ended up registering heaps of accounts on wikis, forums, and film databases. I've reported him, but he's from either Western Australia or New Zealand. The dude never gives up, and he came on my live streams recently, to post my address.

Look up "Alfred Gimpy" on YouTube.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I just want to say that ı really like ustanak in re6. I enjoyed the boss fights. I think the boss fight at chapter 5 is the best one in the entire game. Plus jake and sherry even finish it off in a very badass way.

I also like how it relies on multiple tools without mutating compared to nemesis who relies on only one tool but has multiple mutations instead.

His 2 final fights are also reference to where wesker ( lava ) and birkin ( train ) died. Sherry even hesitates before shooting, as if she remembers her past.

Here's someone else thinking that way as well.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Wesker having a clone sounds a bit silly, but kind of possible, giving how cloning is a theme in the movies and games. RE6, anyone? ;)
Carla isnt a clone though. She is a doppleganger. But you're right that cloning existed since the 1st game with the tyrants not to mention ashford twins are clones of veronica ashford.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Found this statement of news bot; ı agree with it:

" RE:2 conflicts with the entire Desperate Times scenario of Outbreak File 2 and the 1969 construction of the R.P.D. conflicts with that game's 1980s date. Ada's false death was clarified as being due to the Tyrant rather than the fall, RE:2 conflicts with her BIO3 scar. Wesker's Report says HUNK found Sherry's G sample thrown away by Leon after he got it from Sherry. In BIO2 and the Chronicles games, the Tyrant was mainly sent to recover Sherry's pendant sample, but the pendant doesn't even have the virus in RE:2.

RE:3 conflicts with BIO3 even more explicitly. Tyrell Patrick is essentially a completely different character. It changes a lot of established names to the point it's hard to tell what some are even meant to be replacing. The P-12A Waste Incineration Plant is "Raccoon Nuclear", conflicting with Umbrella Chronicles. Then there are countless lore changes like the nature of the railgun, NEST2, Nathaniel Bard, etc. In both games, the events of 0&1 are mostly ignored and all the old connections to the original game are gone, like Ada's cover. The Archives books are essentially the series story bibles which the developers have used for the past 15 years, but the reimaginings contradict much of them. "

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
" The other companies have their own private special forces units as seen with Shen Ya's in Heavenly Island, they conduct their own secret activities and aren't related to the Umbrella Corps, which is a secret elite unit in Blue Umbrella. Those other companies sponsor Blue Umbrella's developments and experiments for their own needs. The Umbrella Corps unit logo is just a red version of the company's blue logo, the spirals represent the t-Virus.

It doesn't say whether HCF or TRICELL collapsed, but we know from REV2's opening scene it's most likely TRICELL, their HQ is also attacked and bioweapon data stolen. It's more likely that HCF couldn't be the one to collapse because it had already become Blue Umbrella, since it was formed in 2007 before Wesker's death most likely in accordance with his plan to revive the company, mentioned in BIO4.

In Not A Hero's original scenario, their evil nature was going to be revealed much sooner. They most likely just realized they could squeeze more games out of them. "

" It's uncertain whether that screenshot represents Red Umbrella, Blue Umbrella, or if it is as certain people like to say about anything, just an easter egg. TRICELL's logo appears among Alex's equipment in REV2 as well, so does that mean she took some of their resources, or is it just an easter egg or reused texture?

Blue Umbrella has never publicly operated in the field in a significant way because ever since they were established they were not allowed to use armed forces, so if they were to go to a biohazard site unarmed, they'd die. As of 2018 in the BIO world, they still don't operate with their own soldiers, so there was retroactively no way or need for them to appear in BIO5 or BIO6.

The writing in the series will often prioritize big ideas then work backwards. There's a great deal of contrivance. "

News bot's statement.

Last edited:
I’ve been wondering what Newsbot and TheBatMan think of the recent remakes. Bats has been hard at work finishing up his Chronology project but I haven’t heard from Newsbot. I miss their arguments and fact bombing on the classic site.

I learned a lot from them.

Top Bottom