• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 Rumor of Resident evil 8

Tyrant

BSAA North America
CODE: Veronica Remake will take longer. Maybe next 5 years or so we'll know something.

Interesting. Why so long in your opinion?

But I reckon that will be the last remake. After that, they're gonna have to focus on pumping out side story games, or what I fear will be more of these crappy spin offs.

I wouldn't mind Zero being done after CVX.

Either way, if the next game isn't a remake of CVX, then I personally hope it's Revelations 3 in the same style as RE2make.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
So the game is set in Eastern Europe, i.e. Slavic-speaking countries, the enemies are werewolf and witch type of enemies? Sounds like someone is drawing inspirations from The Witcher series ?

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
So the game is set in Eastern Europe, i.e. Slavic-speaking countries, the enemies are werewolf and witch type of enemies? Sounds like someone is drawing inspirations from The Witcher series ?
Given the setting, it's quite possible they have taken some inspirations. They could still explain the stuff using some virus to make them look that way. Are you sure they are referring to Slavic countries?

Tyrant

BSAA North America
Depending on how they explain the 'witch' enemy type, it can go either way for me.

Werewolves on the other hand just makes too much sense and I am surprised we haven't had wolf-man BOW's yet.

But any classic horror trope inspirations are welcome to RE IMO.

So will future sequels be both first and third person?

I generally don't mind first person, but the franchise should mostly be remaining in third person. That's the closest we have to the original fixed camera perspective of the classic titles, because at least you can actually see your characters.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
Are you sure they are referring to Slavic countries?
Of course they are. Remember RE6? Edonia was called a Eastern European country aka Slavic-speaking one aka Serbian-Croatian language was spoken there.

Anyway, Werewolves and Witches make sense, given how they play a huge part in our mythology. If you played the Witcher series, you'll get an idea of Slavic mythology/demons.
So will future sequels be both first and third person?

I generally don't mind first person, but the franchise should mostly be remaining in third person. That's the closest we have to the original fixed camera perspective of the classic titles, because at least you can actually see your characters.
I don't mind first person either, but in RE, it does bother me. RE has also character-driven storytelling, always had it. Not being able to see the character I'm playing with makes it hard for me to establish a connection with them.

After what happened Ethan is probably in a laboratory somewhere never to see daylight again. If they finally get Chris back they really need to get him working with the surviving Alpha team at long last instead of something stupid. Hopefully with gameplay from RE2-R in some way. But who knows what Capcom's decision making skills are like, it's usually baffling.

Yeah. I think Capcom has been throwing shit at the wall for a number of years now, not able to stick to one goal. The issue seems to be that I think they see all their future games now as bigger experiments than what Umbrella did with their viruses. They will just copy the current trends, rip off ideas from unrelated media, and focus on doing Fortnite type, non canon bullshit.

I would rather have a new game every year that connects to the arc in an acceptable way, than having all these pointless off-shoot titles that end up feeling meaningless, since the plot in these games either never gets resolved properly, or it's just a way to use characters that no one has seen in years (which is a good thing, but if not executed well, can have mixed results). Even 7: Biohazard felt like an entirely unrelated game, sans for the extra content post main game where you played as Chris with the new blue Umbrella, despite the fact that he may as well be an alien in disguise.

That's a story I feel Capcom will just drip feed into the canon gradually over several more games anyway.

honesty they should not make not a hero dlc.

because it feels they cut off Lucas/mining/lab section from the main story so they can shove Chris into it and make him playable.

What the hell?

Our guy "Dusk Golem" is hard at work again, with new rumours surrounding a new game coming in 2021.

How'd those Silent Hill rumours work out for ya, man? ;)

What the hell?

Our guy "Dusk Golem" is hard at work again, with new rumours surrounding a new game coming in 2021.

How'd those Silent Hill rumours work out for ya, man? ;)

imagine if its remake of survivor lol.

Initially I thought that Dusk Golem's new leaks might point to a Revelations 3 but now thinking a bit more about what he posted I guess a great departure would mean this is a game focused on a villain as main char? It would really change the pace if for instance we played as a mad scientist that lures people to places and also develops bioweapons and what if all of a sudden one of the guinea pigs suddenly breaks free from the complex and knocks him out and the villain somehow suffers partial amnesia and has to survive in the middle of a quarantined laboratory complex all the while unveiling who he really is, who he works for, and if he can actually overcome the big mess he created somehow in the end, atoning for his sins.
Could be quite an unexpected pitch for a RE game actually.
Either that or a Resident Evil fighting game, with Pokemon style where the scientists use their favorite bows for death matches.

Initially I thought that Dusk Golem's new leaks might point to a Revelations 3 but now thinking a bit more about what he posted I guess a great departure would mean this is a game focused on a villain as main char? It would really change the pace if for instance we played as a mad scientist that lures people to places and also develops bioweapons and what if all of a sudden one of the guinea pigs suddenly breaks free from the complex and knocks him out and the villain somehow suffers partial amnesia and has to survive in the middle of a quarantined laboratory complex all the while unveiling who he really is, who he works for, and if he can actually overcome the big mess he created somehow in the end, atoning for his sins.
Could be quite an unexpected pitch for a RE game actually.
Either that or a Resident Evil fighting game, with Pokemon style where the scientists use their favorite bows for death matches.

actually it would be cool if capcom did a spin-off RE game where you play as a monster rather then human like a reverse horror (a label used by CARRION developers).

Where is this dude getting his alleged leaks from? I mean, why'd he post about this stuff right after his Silent Hill hearsay got debunked by Konami? That seems a little bit odd to me. I'm not saying he's a liar or anything, but I don't think people should get excited so suddenly, when it could just be wild guesses by this point. After all, this guy had his other rumours quashed only a week ago by Konami themselves. Unless Konami are hiding something, I don't know whether to buy into any more of these supposed leaks that this guy throws around on Twitter. One thing I'll say though, is that in quiet times, it does get fans talking about something new at least.

As for the leaks themselves...

I hate to think what Capcom has in store for the series next after all their various screw-ups, and I'm concerned that they've been focusing on remakes as it's an easy way to make a fast buck. One thing I think they will get around to trying is something so stupid, like a game with Parasite Eve style RPG elements (which this new spin off mode kind of yields, to an extent). Or maybe they'll develop something like Days Gone, where you just go to places in a city or whatever, helping people, but instead of Freakers, you're basically doing other, not too dissimilar chores for people, and dealing with monsters and zombies.

I'm not saying you'd ride around on a motorcycle, going from A to B. Capcom couldn't really make it too similar to Sony's game, but they could use the basic premise and shape it into something that looks the same.

Revelations 2 already does rip off The Last of Us. I'm not saying I think that's overall bad, but it's still somewhat lame that they copied some other company's mega-seller so noticeably. It's a sad indication that Capcom perhaps doesn't have much creative juice left in the tank, and now just copy other trends and whatnot. Even 7: Biohazard felt like a hybrid of different genres and the ideas Capcom had were obviously borrowed (or stolen) from different movies, such as The Grudge, Trancers and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre being ones I think it copied so blatantly. So what's to say the next game won't be doing the same things?

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, and Capcom has something special lined up soon. Who can really say?

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Dusk Golem just posted something about the werewolf game being RE8, he did say something about RE8 being Revelations 3 at some point but then changed into a mainline title.
He didn't reveal much about it and most of the stuff goes in line with the previous rumours.

Yes. Capcom needs to focus on sequels, which are there to ensure the future of the franchise. They cannot just keep on remaking this, this and this

Everything Dusk Golem wrote at twitter and Era these past few days sounds great.

RE8:
- started as a full on sequel after 7 was released, became Rev 3 alter because of how different it is as RE, after very positive feedback brought back as 8
- Stars Ethan and Chris (may change), Rebecca was there at sme point too, but sadly got cut
- Game features entirely new, unprecendent rogue galery such as Beast man (werewolf like creature), witch acting like a stalker enemy
- zombie like enemies in suit of armor, with swords (think Skyrim I guess)
- set in eastern European, snowy country - village and castle are so far confirmed

Seems like a fairly big departure for a RE game and I'm sure some will say "it's not RE" just like some still says about RE7, but fuck 'em. Those people doesn't deserve to be heard with such a bullshit takes. RE is at it's best when it doesn't afraid to take a bolt new action. If every RE played the same, this series would die after Zero...

Disclaimer I trust Dusk. I know the guy well and I know he's not bullshiter. Some things just change during course of development so sometimes he ends up being wrong. Anyone who has just a basic knowledge of development knows this. And btw his Silent Hill scoop still stands and Konami only called bullshit on Sony buying Konami's IPs which didn't came from Dusk, that was just some asshole piggybacking on Dusk's info.

Top Bottom