• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 Rumor of Resident evil 8

Someone somewhere else raised an interesting point. There's no way Capcom would spoil such a shocking plot twist like Chris going evil in a play test. Imo Chris and Ethan were placeholders used from 7. Actual RE8 will probably have different characters.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
He has already been in four numbered games in a row along with other spinoffs such as MVC and so on. I like Chris too as you know, but they need to lay off using him and give other characters a spotlight. Leon and Jill are mains just as much as Chris is.

And you know how much I get along with you and respect your points of view but Chris having a total of 14 canon appearances while Leon and Jill have 9 each and even being the protagonist of the main story arc clearly tells us that Leon and Jill aren't as mains as Chris is. There's divided protagonism in the series? True. But every story needs a main character and if Chris isn't the main character in the series then I don't know who he is.

Well, one reason as to why Jill has yet to appear again, is likely that she has gotten weak due to being exposed to viruses, and I'm sure the people she would be working for will consider it too risky for her to be involved in a physical capacity. She likely still does a lot of behind the scenes stuff, yielding her importance as a witness to Umbrella's seedy activities of the past.

And hell yeah. Chris should be in more games. Just not as that blonde bozo he is today. Chris was there when the shit first went down. Unless you count Rebecca, but Chris and co had the most impact, and so it makes sense that Chris has devoted his life to ending similar problems throughout the world. This is his career and he is dedicated to saving lives.

Before Wesker died, he also appeared in a lot of games. As he should have. Wesker was the main villain, after all. Since he was killed off, the series has had nothing but cardboard villains, and a John Kramer rip off. Ha! So be grateful that these characters made RE what it is today.

Last edited:

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
I really hope those Chris-being-Evil rumors are just rumors. It would feel heavily contrived and out-of-character for him to suddenly turn into a bad guy for no particular reason other than Capcom wanting to do something to shock the audience. If they want to do that, I'll be more than just disappointed.

While I agree that Chris is definitely one of the most important characters in the Series, I wouldn't mind seeing someone else in 8 or in RE, in general. I'd in fact appreciate it if Capcom brought Jill back. Afterall, they still owe us a pretty damn good explanation for benching her 11 years. Her email in Revelations 2 was nice but it only explained why she was absent during 6.

I'm indifferent towards Leon, he was always kind of meh to me.
Well, one reason as to why Jill has yet to appear again, is likely that she has gotten weak due to being exposed to viruses, and I'm sure the people she would be working for will consider it too risky for her to be involved in a physical capacity. She likely still does a lot of behind the scenes stuff, yielding her importance as a witness to Umbrella's seedy activities of the past.
To be honest, we don't actually know that. It's just an assumption by fans.

The last Jill-related material we had within RE's canon was her email to Barry in Revelations 2, and as far as I can tell, she was eager to return to the battlefield, so quite the opposite. Not to mention, Jill becoming someone who works behind the scenes would feel very out-of-character and not like the Jill we know and love.

Captain Redfield

I really hope those Chris-being-Evil rumors are just rumors. It would feel heavily contrived and out-of-character for him to suddenly turn into a bad guy for no particular reason other than Capcom wanting to do something to shock the audience. If they want to do that, I'll be more than just disappointed.

While I agree that Chris is definitely one of the most important characters in the Series, I wouldn't mind seeing someone else in 8 or in RE, in general. I'd in fact appreciate it if Capcom brought Jill back. Afterall, they still owe us a pretty damn good explanation for benching her 11 years. Her email in Revelations 2 was nice but it only explained why she was absent during 6.

I'm indifferent towards Leon, he was always kind of meh to me.

To be honest, we don't actually know that. It's just an assumption by fans.

The last Jill-related material we had within RE's canon was her email to Barry in Revelations 2, and as far as I can tell, she was eager to return to the battlefield, so quite the opposite. Not to mention, Jill becoming someone who works behind the scenes would feel very out-of-character and not like the Jill we know and love.

I wouldn't count on Chris being evil. If anything, this twist is the supposed redesign.
Also, as I was talking to a buddy of mine the other day, if Chris and Ethan are in the game then there is the possibility of Chris killing Ethan due to him being infected. Just a matter of kill or be killed, a point Chris made pretty clear in Vendetta and if it ever comes down to that, Chris won't hesitate to kill Ethan... Doesn't mean he's the villain.

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
I wouldn't count on Chris being evil. If anything, this twist is the supposed redesign.
Also, as I was talking to a buddy of mine the other day, if Chris and Ethan are in the game then there is the possibility of Chris killing Ethan due to him being infected. Just a matter of kill or be killed, a point Chris made pretty clear in Vendetta and if it ever comes down to that, Chris won't hesitate to kill Ethan... Doesn't mean he's the villain.
Good riddance with Ethan then :ROFLMAO: Never cared for him anyway.
I was concerned Capcom would turn Chris into a bad guy "just because" for the sake of bullshitting us. The only way I can imagine Chris ever becoming evil would be via control, similar to Jill in 5.

Maybe, NuChris from 7 will turn to be a fake and we have to kill him with the real Chris with a redesign faithful to his 5, 6 and Vendetta appearance. That way we get rid of that godawful blonde bimbo Chris for good :LOL:

Captain Redfield

Good riddance with Ethan then :ROFLMAO: Never cared for him anyway.
I was concerned Capcom would turn Chris into a bad guy "just because" for the sake of bullshitting us. The only way I can imagine Chris ever becoming evil would be via control, similar to Jill in 5.

Maybe, NuChris from 7 will turn to be a fake and we have to kill him with the real Chris with a redesign faithful to his 5, 6 and Vendetta appearance. That way we get rid of that godawful blonde bimbo Chris for good :LOL:

Blonde bimbo Chris! Damn good one buddy hahahah

I'm actually pretty excited to know more about RE8.

Sometimes, I think Capcom have gotten lazy. Why hire a guy who looks nothing like Chris whatsoever to do his model? 3 years later and I still feel mad about that!

I bet you pass a lot of men on the street every single day with black hair and a beard to match, who actually resemble Chris more than that college freshman they hired.

I cannot wait to see Barry Burton in the ending. That is, if Capcom bothers to add him in this time.

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
Blonde bimbo Chris! Damn good one buddy hahahah

I'm actually pretty excited to know more about RE8.
Either this or NuChris. Pick one :ROFLMAO: Either way, I'm glad they are getting rid off that abomination.

Say, you're in touch with some leakers. So they're apparently two RE projects going on featuring Chris. Will it be like Revelations or even Revelations itself?

Captain Redfield

Either this or NuChris. Pick one :ROFLMAO: Either way, I'm glad they are getting rid off that abomination.

Say, you're in touch with some leakers. So they're apparently two RE projects going on featuring Chris. Will it be like Revelations or even Revelations itself?

Dusk only told me Chris got a redesign and that there should be another game that launches before the supposed RE8 that will feature Chris's new design. I don't keep in touch with insiders that much, I simply asked him the question that time and he replied.

It could be Revelations 3, but they're usually set between the main games, so we'd need a game that takes place before 7: Biohazard. They would probably have to give it a different title, not linked to these side games, while it is still a side game. In a sense, Code: Veronica was a main entry without a number, and this could be something akin to that. We will just have to wait and see.

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
Dusk only told me Chris got a redesign and that there should be another game that launches before the supposed RE8 that will feature Chris's new design. I don't keep in touch with insiders that much, I simply asked him the question that time and he replied.
I see. But hearing about redesigning Chris gives me hope, as Jill, Claire and Leon are rather faithful to their original designs with some changes here and there but still faithful regardless.
Hope it’s not an evil clone of Chris like with Ada?‍♂️.
Would feel cheap, I'll admit but if it involves killing NuChris, I'm okay with that.

Captain Redfield

I see. But hearing about redesigning Chris gives me hope, as Jill, Claire and Leon are rather faithful to their original designs with some changes here and there but still faithful regardless.

Would feel cheap, I'll admit but if it involves killing NuChris, I'm okay with that.

I believe they listened to the criticism, can't wait to see Chris' new design. We might actually see it in RE3 if he has an epilogue.

Captain Redfield

Okay guys. As I said, I'm no insider and I don't keep in touch with insiders constantly. However, there are a few things that I'm aware of that I would like to share with you guys around here at Biohaze.
Take this with a huge grain of salt, DO NOT take anything for granted. Ready? Okay, let's go.

I talked to Dusk Golem, Monique Alves (Resident Evil Database owner) and a source of my own that got a few things right regarding Revelations 2 and RE7. Keep in mind that what I know from Monique doesn't come from her but from a source of her own.

There's also another apparent reliable source from Germany that has quite the reputation for being accurate. Just see it for yourself, there's English subtitles! These guys are talking about Resident Evil 8 and the information previously leaked by Dusk:

Both them and Dusk Golem agree on a few things:

- The game will be set in Eastern Europe;
- Werewolves or Witch type enemies are going to be present;
- Chris Redfield and Ethan Winters are the main characters;

However, they say that all this info released by Dusk about RE8 being rebooted and far away is false and that the game has been having a very stable development, that things are going pretty smoothly.
Just give it a watch, there's English subtitles and everything.

Still on the RE8 topic. Dusk Golem said it directly to me that Chris Redfield went through a redesign to make him look closer to his past iterations.
I mean, no matter how much I want it to be true, there's no saying he is right or wrong for the time being... Insiders are always subject to being wrong in cetain cases, no matter how much reliable info they released previously.
He also said there's another game that involves Chris that isn't RE8, don't know anything about it but apparently there's at least two RE games in development aside from RE3... One I'm 99% sure is RE8 but no clue about the other one.

One thing I guess we can all agree on is RE8 being under development since various sources claimed the exact same points with minor differences between them.

That's all the information I have regarding RE8 and Chris Redfield, they all came from Dusk Golem and a German source (the latter is public knowledge if you keep up with them, I have no private contact with these German insiders).
Take all of this with a huge grain of salt, nothing is confirmed until Capcom actually reveals it.

Moving on to, CODE: Veronica Remake:

Dusk Golem recently told us that CODE: Veronica Remake is not in production right now, not even pre-production. This is nothing new, with one game very close to release and apparently two other games under development this was to be expected.
Anyone who expected CODE: Veronica to be in development in plain 2020 was at the very least, delusional.
Remember that he didn't say "Capcom has no plans to Remake CV"... Whether he's withholding information about the game being considered or not, it is unknown. He simply said it is not in production right now, not that it will never come out.

Moving on to Monique Alves, the owner of Resident Evil Database and one of the most reliable people I know in this community. She's been an RE fan for as long as I can remember.
Keep in mind that Monique's source is someone who she claims to be trustworthy for her but even she said to us to approach this information with care. She first said it to us in a livestream that never went public after but a few days ago she uploaded a video where she openly talks about this, that's the main reason why I decided to share it around here.
According to her source, Capcom is considering CODE: Veronica, the game is under an approval phase and more than likely what will decide its approval is the success of RE3. Her source also claims that Dai Sato (scriptwriter for both Revelations) is the man that Jun Takeuchi wants in charge of CV Remake's script.
This goes in-line with the game not being in development right now. There's the approval phase first and even after approved, development of a video game might only start a year after... Or even more. You have RE2's own example, the project was announced pretty soon (2015) and we heard no word from it until 2018 and only 6 months prior to its release. So, yeah.

Also, despite getting a few things wrong in the past, there's EVIL VR. Way back, even before all these recent rumours, he said that RE8 would take place on an Eastern European Island (we don't know about the Island but both Dusk and the Germans said it would take place in Eastern Europe). He also claimed the same thing as Monique's source, that CODE: Veronica Remake is being considered.
Both could still be educated guesses from his part but two reliable sources corroborating his RE8 info at least makes him earn the benefit of the doubt.

Now, the last one is someone I privately keep in contact with, the only one I have private contact with, actually. This person got info on both REV2 and RE7 and even got them right.
I asked this person about future Remakes and the person claimed that Capcom only wants to Remake the classics and that CODE: Veronica was on the table since it plays like a classic game and offers benefits to the company if they do it the same thing they did with RE2 and now with RE3.

My personal thoughts? As promising as it sounds, I'll only believe these when I see them. I'll say it again, take these with a huge grain of salt. Things are subject to change and we don't even know if people make these up to fool others into thinking they are true.
Hope you liked these bits of information I've gathered and let's hope for the best regarding RE's future!

So it's possible that Ethan joins the BSAA, replacing Piers as Chris' partner. I kind of think Ethan has potential to grow as a character. Old and new sounds like a great combination.

Top Bottom