• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 Rumor of Resident evil 8

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
Thanks for the input, Captain. The information is quite valuable but I suppose we have to wait and see how it turns out.
Will watch the video but I need N7Valentine's verification as he speaks German fluently and they sometimes make mistakes in translations.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Thanks for the input, Captain. The information is quite valuable but I suppose we have to wait and see how it turns out.
Will watch the video but I need N7Valentine's verification as he speaks German fluently and they sometimes make mistakes in translations.

I can guarantee you this was translated by a native German speaker who speaks fluent English.
Don't mention it, let's hope all these are true.

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
I can guarantee you this was translated by a native German speaker who speaks fluent English.
Don't mention it, let's hope all these are true.
Well, technically speaking N7 is a German native speaker but I always need a level of certainty, so I'll ask him regardless.

So far it sounds good. It's interesting to see Eastern Europe being chosen as setting again. My only concern is the witch type enemy. Sounds a little bit out of place for RE but we'll see.

So we have both Chris and Captain Redfield replying. :D

Your avatars make me pine for the classic look for Chris to make a return, as I never did take to his awful redesign in 7: Biohazard. It kind of makes you wish that Chris was to be revealed as Hunk after all, but meh.

If Ethan is in the next game, I guess we will probably see his face for the first time, officially. I hated how he was the only character that you never really seen close up at all. Whenever you did see his face ever so briefly, it was usually obscured by the Molded or seen from some awkward angle on purpose, so that nobody really got a good look at his facial features.

Although it kind of makes me think the next game is a sequel, but not a numbered one. I honestly want to know more about why Umbrella is back too, but maybe they will build upon that relatively slowly, just to drag the whole thing out like they have been doing for years. Also, it could benefit us fans to get some closure for the original characters, as I doubt Capcom will use them forever, due to how old they must be by now. Unless they put them in some floating timeline, I think it's time we saw some other characters again in sequels alondside of them, as opposed to just having them "return" in remakes. Some fans would like to see Carlos again, or find out what happened to Billy after he left Rebecca, or if Nicholai is actually alive and plotting something. Do you know what I mean? It just feels like it has been way too long, but I'm so relieved that Barry came back, and Rebecca, so that's a good thing.

Captain Redfield

Well, technically speaking N7 is a German native speaker but I always need a level of certainty, so I'll ask him regardless.

So far it sounds good. It's interesting to see Eastern Europe being chosen as setting again. My only concern is the witch type enemy. Sounds a little bit out of place for RE but we'll see.

Sure thing man, but I know the person who translated this. So, I can confirm she is a native German speaker.

So we have both Chris and Captain Redfield replying. :D

Your avatars make me pine for the classic look for Chris to make a return, as I never did take to his awful redesign in 7: Biohazard. It kind of makes you wish that Chris was to be revealed as Hunk after all, but meh.

If Ethan is in the next game, I guess we will probably see his face for the first time, officially. I hated how he was the only character that you never really seen close up at all. Whenever you did see his face ever so briefly, it was usually obscured by the Molded or seen from some awkward angle on purpose, so that nobody really got a good look at his facial features.

Although it kind of makes me think the next game is a sequel, but not a numbered one. I honestly want to know more about why Umbrella is back too, but maybe they will build upon that relatively slowly, just to drag the whole thing out like they have been doing for years. Also, it could benefit us fans to get some closure for the original characters, as I doubt Capcom will use them forever, due to how old they must be by now. Unless they put them in some floating timeline, I think it's time we saw some other characters again in sequels alondside of them, as opposed to just having them "return" in remakes. Some fans would like to see Carlos again, or find out what happened to Billy after he left Rebecca, or if Nicholai is actually alive and plotting something. Do you know what I mean? It just feels like it has been way too long, but I'm so relieved that Barry came back, and Rebecca, so that's a good thing.

I also support the veterans going to retirement. Chris is near his 50's, for example, he can't be snapping necks, powerslamming and punching enemies forever lol
If Ethan is in the next game I'm sure he'll be more likeable. They wouldn't bring him back for nothing.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
Since my name was dropped here I'm gonna clarify some things here...
I AM a German native speaker, not just "technically". I may be the kid of Polish immigrants but I was born and raised in Germany, finished my school there and graduated from university also in Germany :p I just moved last year to Poland with my fiancée because of a job offer I got there (this and the fact that I grew tired of Western Europe) but I still speak the language at home with my fiancée as we both are sometimes too lazy to speak in each other's native language: Me in Russian (my fiancée's native language) and she in Polish (my native language). That's all about my private stuff.

@ChrisRedfield_08 Don't worry, dude. The translation is fine. Nothing is wrong. But If you are interested to what the German speaking fans have to say about the rumors in the comment section, you can ask away ?

Captain Redfield

Ohh and about the Witches and Werewolves. I actually dig the idea guys, RE has been known for mixing genes, a humanoid wolf is definitely NOT far fetched in my book as long as there's a scientfic explanation within RE's biological universe. These won't be the magical creatures that transform during full moon for sure lol

Same thing as the Witches, according to these leaks they were mysterious figures that could "disappear". I'm thinking about something like the Glasps from Revelations 2, some creature that has the ability to camouflage in the environment giving us the illusion that it disappears.

I'm pretty excited for RE8 actually, can't wait for the reveal. Hopefully we'll hear news about CODE: Veronica in the upcoming years too, fingers crossed.

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
I think witches and werewolves can sound very off-putting at first but I highly doubt they talk about them in a literal sense. It'll be probably like they 'resemble' those mythological creatures since magic and fairies don't exist in RE. It's not a fantasy RPG.

Afaik, Left For Dead had also creatures called 'Witches' but they weren't actual witches who could cast spells and that kind of nonsense.

I admit, it does sound intriguing but I'll wait until that time comes.

@N7Valentine How do German fans view these rumors? Would like to know.
Fun Fact: My real name is actually Chris, too.

Yeah. That's precisely why I think Resident Evil 4 was a dumb entry in the series, from the standpoint of purists. The castle setting was cool, but it felt out of place in the series. The same with the catacombs in 6 as well. This is when the series developed a major identity crisis, trying to be a hybrid of genres and films. It was just...crazy. But having witches in the series may not be as weird as it sounds. Every villain in the series proclaims to want domination and bloodshed, so anybody can just decide to have a witch like persona, as the villain in 4 was a cult leader with a staff that could control the parasites. After all, we've had Alex Wesker switching bodies. I'd say that's more bizarre than wolves and witches, as other enemies have done satanic acts. Like do you recall when Ada was placed on a slab, and she moved out of the road of a villager about to bring down a big axe? So the series has had shades of this stuff already. Also, everybody in the village left their symbol everywhere. That could give the impression of witchcraft too. Not to mention, all of the mansions have traps and zombies, and clues in the form of poems and stories.

Since Hewie the dog appeared too, I guess Haunting Ground is in the same continuity. What if other series like Dino Crisis are connected to Resident Evil after all? It kind of makes you wonder if Capcom knows all of this, but leaves it up to us players to decipher this.

Yeah. That's precisely why I think Resident Evil 4 was a dumb entry in the series, from the standpoint of purists. The castle setting was cool, but it felt out of place in the series. The same with the catacombs in 6 as well. This is when the series developed a major identity crisis, trying to be a hybrid of genres and films. It was just...crazy. But having witches in the series may not be as weird as it sounds. Every villain in the series proclaims to want domination and bloodshed, so anybody can just decide to have a witch like persona, as the villain in 4 was a cult leader with a staff that could control the parasites. After all, we've had Alex Wesker switching bodies. I'd say that's more bizarre than wolves and witches, as other enemies have done satanic acts. Like do you recall when Ada was placed on a slab, and she moved out of the road of a villager about to bring down a big axe? So the series has had shades of this stuff already. Also, everybody in the village left their symbol everywhere. That could give the impression of witchcraft too. Not to mention, all of the mansions have traps and zombies, and clues in the form of poems and stories.

Since Hewie the dog appeared too, I guess Haunting Ground is in the same continuity. What if other series like Dino Crisis are connected to Resident Evil after all? It kind of makes you wonder if Capcom knows all of this, but leaves it up to us players to decipher this.

One can only hope that we never get an entry in space. That will truly be the death of the franchise.

*cough* Dino Crisis 3..

To our amazement, they've never attempted anything like that. I guess they're aware of the blundering that occurred with the Friday the 13th and Leprechaun series. Critters 4 was also pretty bad. The Crites didn't show up until much later on, and in the supposed continuation, they call Helen Brown by the new name of "Aunt Dee" for some reason. But I think RE in space could potentially happen.

To our amazement, they've never attempted anything like that. I guess they're aware of the blundering that occurred with the Friday the 13th and Leprechaun series. Critters 4 was also pretty bad. The Crites didn't show up until much later on, and in the supposed continuation, they call Helen Brown by the new name of "Aunt Dee" for some reason. But I think RE in space could potentially happen.

well it did happen with Doom the movie which they turned demons and zombies into mutants caused by a virus.

Tyrant

BSAA North America
E3 was cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak. But I read they will be trying to do an online only presentation in June.

Honestly, the werewolf concept excited me. It's a classic monster, like the zombie, and it makes perfect sense in the context of RE. Surviving viral mutated wolf-man type creatures sounds like fun and it's not any less cheesy than some of the other enemy types we have fought in the past.

Chris' new redesign is hopefully in response to the negative fan reaction of his RE7 design. In other words, hopefully it looks closer to the old one.

Yeah. Lots of people in the UK are infected. A few people have also died from exposure. I don't know about in Scotland where I reside, but it's still scary knowing this is getting out of hand.

And yeah, Chris absolutely needs to be redesigned. ?

Tyrant

BSAA North America
Just dawned on me.

But Dusk Golem said that a newly redesigned Chris should feature in a game that releases before RE8.

You guys think there is a chance of us getting Code: Veronica remake early next year?

There was only a year in between RE2 and RE3 remakes, and RE3 came out of left field.

Captain Redfield

Just dawned on me.

But Dusk Golem said that a newly redesigned Chris should feature in a game that releases before RE8.

You guys think there is a chance of us getting Code: Veronica remake early next year?

There was only a year in between RE2 and RE3 remakes, and RE3 came out of left field.

CODE: Veronica Remake will take longer. Maybe next 5 years or so we'll know something.

I am not particularly excited about a CVX remake, but maybe it will be atmospheric enough. But I reckon that will be the last remake. After that, they're gonna have to focus on pumping out side story games, or what I fear will be more of these crappy spin offs. Hopefully these side story games have a decent budget, and feel like a worthy addition to the series, like the Revelations games or the animated movies. Or do a RE Engine version 2 and see what that has to offer.

Top Bottom