• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 Rumor of Resident evil 8

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Everything Dusk Golem wrote at twitter and Era these past few days sounds great.

RE8:
- started as a full on sequel after 7 was released, became Rev 3 alter because of how different it is as RE, after very positive feedback brought back as 8
- Stars Ethan and Chris (may change), Rebecca was there at sme point too, but sadly got cut
- Game features entirely new, unprecendent rogue galery such as Beast man (werewolf like creature), witch acting like a stalker enemy
- zombie like enemies in suit of armor, with swords (think Skyrim I guess)
- set in eastern European, snowy country - village and castle are so far confirmed

Seems like a fairly big departure for a RE game and I'm sure some will say "it's not RE" just like some still says about RE7, but fuck 'em. Those people doesn't deserve to be heard with such a bullshit takes. RE is at it's best when it doesn't afraid to take a bolt new action. If every RE played the same, this series would die after Zero...

Disclaimer I trust Dusk. I know the guy well and I know he's not bullshiter. Some things just change during course of development so sometimes he ends up being wrong. Anyone who has just a basic knowledge of development knows this. And btw his Silent Hill scoop still stands and Konami only called bullshit on Sony buying Konami's IPs which didn't came from Dusk, that was just some asshole piggybacking on Dusk's info.

Doesn't sound like a big departure to me, I like what I've been reading about it, especially the setting.
He also clarified me the Chris redesign thing, it is still Dandy but according to him they incorporated his RE5 design into Dandy to make him look more like Chris.
I'm looking forward to RE8.

Dusk Golem also said that CODE: Veronica Remake's biggest chance to start development is after the team gets done with RE8 (2021). Capcom just released a survey in which they ask if we would buy more Remakes among other things.

I suggest everyone here to give it a go.

As long as the story is about a virus, I don't care about the enemies. It becomes dumb once they incorporate things like ghosts. That doesn't belong in RE. All the enemies should either be because of a virus, or certain human enemies that want to do things that invoke fear. That's it.

Personally, I don't want to see a remake of CVX, but part of me is still curious about how it will turn out. It will probably be super cheesy, no doubt. I wouldn't like that tone. The original CVX and 3 were intentionally scary games. If they cannot get RE2 and 3 perfect, why bother with CVX anyway? But I'm sure once RE8 is out and they have nothing more to work on, then they'll massacre that game as well...

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
All I'm hoping for is the game will be interesting. RE7 was kinda meh. However, the Eastern Europe setting does sound interesting to me.

Doesn't sound like a big departure to me, I like what I've been reading about it, especially the setting.
He also clarified me the Chris redesign thing, it is still Dandy but according to him they incorporated his RE5 design into Dandy to make him look more like Chris.
I'm looking forward to RE8.

Dusk Golem also said that CODE: Veronica Remake's biggest chance to start development is after the team gets done with RE8 (2021). Capcom just released a survey in which they ask if we would buy more Remakes among other things.

I suggest everyone here to give it a go.
I'm glad people like you are open to it, but I already saw so many hot takes about FP and witch/werewolf enemies I already know what a shitshow reveal will be...

BTW told ya about the redesign be this way, didn't I :p

Personally, I don't want to see a remake of CVX, but part of me is still curious about how it will turn out. It will probably be super cheesy, no doubt. I wouldn't like that tone. The original CVX and 3 were intentionally scary games. If they cannot get RE2 and 3 perfect, why bother with CVX anyway? But I'm sure once RE8 is out and they have nothing more to work on, then they'll massacre that game as well...
RE2 remake is an amazing piece of art as a RE game and as a remake, RE3 is may be bad remake, but still a great RE game. This kind of thinking you show here is pretty bad. CVX is probably the most important RE game storywise that bridges old and new games and can only benefit from remake, because it's gameplay is now probably the most dated out of all mainline RE games.

Captain Redfield

I'm glad people like you are open to it, but I already saw so many hot takes about FP and witch/werewolf enemies I already know what a shitshow reveal will be...

I'm totally open to it, trust me. Also the whole werewolf thing isn't as far fetched as some may think... We've had human chimeras before, so... Why can't we have a wolf + human DNA mix? I just like the vibes of all this!
Dusk says he doesn't know who the characters are in his last post but, last he checked, they were Chris and Ethan.

I'm still positive Chris will be the protagonist given his post-RE7 redesign according to Dusk.

I enjoyed RE3 despite some things being a bit too much, I still mourn the loss of the Clock Tower lol but it was an enjoyable experience! Looking forward to CODE: Veronica, hopefully it happens after RE8 just like Dusk said and fan demand for it is pretty HIGH at the moment.

RE2 remake is an amazing piece of art as a RE game and as a remake, RE3 is may be bad remake, but still a great RE game. This kind of thinking you show here is pretty bad. CVX is probably the most important RE game storywise that bridges old and new games and can only benefit from remake, because it's gameplay is now probably the most dated out of all mainline RE games.

But they'll probably cut so much content. Hereby, I think it will be another reimagining that ignores most of what made those games great to begin with. These remakes aren't canon anyway. There's no point to them. They'll just screw that up, and that's why so many people don't like RE3. Sure, you enjoyed it. But I doubt many other people will remember it for years to follow, like with the 1999 version.

But they'll probably cut so much content. Hereby, I think it will be another reimagining that ignores most of what made those games great to begin with. These remakes aren't canon anyway. There's no point to them. They'll just screw that up, and that's why so many people don't like RE3. Sure, you enjoyed it. But I doubt many other people will remember it for years to follow, like with the 1999 version.
Except both, actually all three remakes are canon. They are companion pieces with the old games. They all have canon elemnts in them and Capcom can pick and choose what they want going forward.

Cuts in RE3 are bad, because there's nothing in their place. In RE2 all the cuts serves a purpose. I wouldn't mind if potentional CV remake make some cuts for a more tight and cohesive experience. Unfortnunately tho, CV remake has like 5-10% chance of happening.

Are you sure?

So is The Darkside Chronicles canon as well?

In my opinion, I thought the RE2 section of that game was way more faithful to RE2 of 1998 than the 2019 remake, but to each their own.

Are you sure?

So is The Darkside Chronicles canon as well?

In my opinion, I thought the RE2 section of that game was way more faithful to RE2 of 1998 than the 2019 remake, but to each their own.
Yes I'm sure, all three are companion pieces to the old games. And DC is canon if you look at it as what it is - just Leon telling Krauser what he experienced. Imagine it from Krauser's POW. He wasn't there, but he tries to picture it from what he's told. Same goes for UC and Wesker reteling all the events.

I've always seen the 2002 remake as being the beginning of RE, for real. Even though the original came out in 1996, Mikami's remake essentially 'replaced' it as canon, because of Lisa Trevor mostly being a focal point thereafter, and because Capcom had her appearing in at least one subsequent title, fighting Wesker.

I also thought that RE2 2019 and now RE3 were more along the lines of, "You ask and you get it" fan service kind of titles, that were just for fans to enjoy in a modern setting, and had little connection with the original games beyond being seminal remakes of those games. And I don't see how RE3 2020 is canon, when Barry Burton doesn't show up in the ending. Fans went through the trouble of making comprehensive timeline projects and whatnot to delve into the events of the franchise from when it started to the present time, so I guess some of this is not accurate anymore.

Maybe Capcom needs to clear this up somehow.

I've always seen the 2002 remake as being the beginning of RE, for real. Even though the original came out in 1996, Mikami's remake essentially 'replaced' it as canon, because of Lisa Trevor mostly being a focal point thereafter, and because Capcom had her appearing in at least one subsequent title, fighting Wesker.

I also thought that RE2 2019 and now RE3 were more along the lines of, "You ask and you get it" fan service kind of titles, that were just for fans to enjoy in a modern setting, and had little connection with the original games beyond being seminal remakes of those games. And I don't see how RE3 2020 is canon, when Barry Burton doesn't show up in the ending. Fans went through the trouble of making comprehensive timeline projects and whatnot to delve into the events of the franchise from when it started to the present time, so I guess some of this is not accurate anymore.

RE1, RE2 and RE3 never had a clear canon routes to begin with. REmake, RE2 remake and RE3 remake are just another scenarios that add new things to it. Companion pieces, nor replacements. This is the way it always was.

For example in RE2 1998, mix of all 4 scenarions was canon, not just one A and one B scenario. A prime example - Sherry was infected (which means Claire A), yet canonically Leon meets Kendo and later informs his brother of his death (Leon A).

Captain Redfield

Except both, actually all three remakes are canon. They are companion pieces with the old games. They all have canon elemnts in them and Capcom can pick and choose what they want going forward.

Cuts in RE3 are bad, because there's nothing in their place. In RE2 all the cuts serves a purpose. I wouldn't mind if potentional CV remake make some cuts for a more tight and cohesive experience. Unfortnunately tho, CV remake has like 5-10% chance of happening.
I'm not so sure about that one. They made a recent survey about more Remakes and after 3 there's only CV. Even Dusk said chances are good if fans are vocal about it and the demand is pretty high. Hopefully CV Remake happens and we get done with them, anything post CODE Veronica is already on modern standards.

Well, Kendo ain't dead in the RE2 or RE3 remake. That isn't to say he doesn't die off-screen, at some point. But it would have been better if you, as the player, went to the weapons store first and seen his death, like what really happened in 1998. I think it's also weird how Tyrell got so much to do in this 2020 version, whereas he was likely (next to Murphy) the absolutely biggest nobody of the 1999 version of RE3.

Captain Redfield

I'm all in for these RE8 info. At the moment, the only thing that could potentially make me leave the series is if they Remake RE4 and leave CODE Veronica behind... I'll literally just say fuck Capcom lol
There's no justifiable reason to Remake RE4, it looks and plays modern enough.

I literally can't picture an RE4 Remake. I'd much rather have them stop at 3 and no more Remakes than Remake RE4 without any need for it. That would just reek greed... Plus, when would Remakes stop? 5? 6?

That's a nightmare if you ask me. Dear Lord, my stomach hurts just by typping this.

I tend to think like you about RE 1 Remake...
Its a nice replacement to the 1996 original game (there are a few of the cheesy dialogue from the original not present in it, specially Barry "master of unlocking" line pertaining to Jill, that ended up being referenced in Revelations 2 but apart from that the only minor complaint for RE 1 Remake is that it still lacks a complete ending where we can actually see all 4 mansion incident survivors Chris, Jill, Rebecca and Barry) but even that is arguable because:
1) An all survivors ending was something not present in the original game all the same.
and
2) they make the effort for you to play both campaigns and in doing so you have to consider both Jill and Chris journeys happened and mix it in your head... Yes it feels a bit weird but its the only way to go if you align the game with all canonical material ever since.

While RE 2 and RE 3 in my view should be viewed not as replacements but a Resident Evil - verse kind of thing, similar to what Spiderverse for the Marvel Spiderman franchise is, it can kinda of be there as a middle of the road retelling of the original games and while there fans can enjoy a modern embellishment and even more pickup and play attitude in regards to the new combat system, etc.

But certainly helps for Capcom they pulled a ok sucess with these Remakes, because that might pave the way for a Dino Crisis or other dormant IPs from them to resurface in the form of Remakes.

Not to mention they can experiment and check for the general public appeal of what kind of gameplay mechanics and camera perspective they enjoy more and that might fit future Resident Evil games, and if multiplayer 4vs1 is a good thing in a Resident Evil DLC or future spin-offs,

That was a smart decision, stuff like RE Resistance can gauge the public interest to see if it online can be a good thing for future games, and down the line whether they should try to extract from it what the public likes, keep using that, and discard whatever they see the public dislikes about it.

not that i totally praise and cannot criticize their product, but i realize that a great deal of the success for videogame company survival in the market comes from how they can keep their product relevant and in line with the trends too, but without loosing its core values...
And i see Capcom as a Developer that is always treading this thin line where they are in constant battle to balance this two major points in order to keep the RE franchise successful, they need to deliver a product that brings that old fan familiarity while at the same time add fresh stuff not seen before, not just with better graphics, but things the general public might not expect, as a way to garner more public interest as well as win the appraisal of the gaming media.

Last edited:
I'm surprised somebody hasn't did a mod for RE3 that replaces Nemesis with Pyramid Head, and every zombie could be a nurse. :LOL:

If RE8 has Ethan in the game, please Capcom...

SHOW US HIS HANDSOME FACE!

I hate games where you just see the person's hands.

I'm all in for these RE8 info. At the moment, the only thing that could potentially make me leave the series is if they Remake RE4 and leave CODE Veronica behind... I'll literally just say fuck Capcom lol
There's no justifiable reason to Remake RE4, it looks and plays modern enough.

I literally can't picture an RE4 Remake. I'd much rather have them stop at 3 and no more Remakes than Remake RE4 without any need for it. That would just reek greed... Plus, when would Remakes stop? 5? 6?

That's a nightmare if you ask me. Dear Lord, my stomach hurts just by typping this.

That's the spiky conundrum of trying to remake Code Veronica, they should not hand it to another team, they should take their time, finish their ongoing projects of RE 8 (and according to Dusk, there is another RE game coming after 8 which most likely is not a Remake). Its the "fr%gging" Redfields teaming up and not to mention the epic villain Wesker again, if they ever remake Code Veronica they have to do it justice and bring their best team together, learn from their previous entries too, in order to make it the ultimate Remake.
And i'm sorry for saying this for people that want RE 4, RE 5 and RE 6 remade... I just think these games are not old enough for Remakes, i know RE 4 specially is considered by many an incredible game, but making 4 Remake so soon would be shooting themselves in the foot, they need to be careful and proceed chronologically with this.

Top Bottom