• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Random Thoughts: Biohazard/Resident Evil edition

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

I wished they brought back sniper rifles in future re games. Re7 and the reimaginings didnt have them and this is one of the reasons ı found those games lacking. ( Especially re7. )

If they would ever reimagine recv; ı have a suspicion that they would cut out the sniper rifle considering the previous 3 games didnt have these type of weapons.

I'd thought about watching the Chronicles games again, online, now that you mention it. I don't want to play them. :p

Man, y'all need to take a chill pill with this stuff, but it's a hell of a funny. :D

They can easily make a new Wesker game set in 1999-2001 that can elaborate more on Weskers activities at that time. I would be ecstatic if we had the chance to see Albert and Alex actually have on screen interactions that can foreshadow future events.

As of right now my interest in future lore is low, unless Capcom can pull a master stroke with RE8 and surprise everyone.

I. Want. My. M. T. V.

Nah, I'm joking. ;)

I was just thinking about how fanboys whine about RE games not having zombies, and casting up complaints about minor aspects. Technically, they're still in RE5 and 6 has them. Revelations 2 has the Afflicted, which are still zombies. Only a few games don't have zombies (namely Revelations and 7: Biohazard). Also, saying RE has too much action is another dumb statement, because RE always had different approaches to action, horror, comedy, and so on. OK, RE6 had a lot of gun based action. But I think that suited Chris and Leon's veteran status. But fans say otherwise. "Oh, it's not scary!" :D

No ıdk of those files. I think they should had been in the game.

I believe this was part of the original version of Chris's story. We were supposed to be able to arrest Lucas, collect samples and documents. But the developers have re-evaluated the narrative, so I guess now we have to wait for a new game. Planning for Resident Evil Village just started during this time period.

I'm not particularly excited about a RE4 or CVX remake, because they're nothing new. Seems silly of Capcom to proceed to remake RE4 first when CVX was released 5 years before RE4 came out on the GameCube. However, I would take anything Dusk Golem says with a smidge of salt.

Who really wants a RE4 remake? The original is very long. If they remake it, they're likely going to axe a lot of areas and boss fights. And RE4 is already everywhere. So remaking it just feels relatively pointless.

To me, it's just nonsensical garble started by a fan so people start getting agitated over nothing. It's crazy to remake a game like RE4 ahead of another game that is a primary entry. Although he did say it was in early development, so we could still be seeing a half-baked CVX remake beforehand.

And oh yes. I have no doubt in my mind that it will be a disaster, considering the RE3 remake was absolutely trash. Brett Hicks on YouTube praised the game's glories for some reason.

Um... I noticed YouTubers that used to say it like it is, always do a swerve and say the okay games are the bad ones, but the trash ones are suddenly amazing. To me, they just act like that so they don't fall in line with the popular opinion. After all, how many fans ranted on RE3 already? So I suspect they just want to be seen as being different, somehow.

I forgot that there was a special ending credits for 1996 classic Resident Evil, according to this video about the censored stuff from the game (i am not sure if its included for the vanilla playstation release) but they confirm one of the pc versions of the game has a different version of the end credits with several shots of the characters being attacked and some shots of the more detailed character deaths, and its kinda of funny with the soundtrack playing with upbeat tones while there is lots of "fatalities" during all that ending credits.
I wish the new games had credits such as these, imagine Village getting a different ending credits in that same vein, to me it would be definetly a worthwhile addition. :geek:
Maybe the more die hard fans already saw that ending credits but i´m sharing here the video for anyone else that had not seen it, check it out jump to 7 minutes and 40 seconds to watch it:

zPmYao-5cKk.jpg

IAYC6CuuJoQ.jpg

pyamnIoGwpU.jpg

AONjZaDFTSI.jpg

I don't think it's surprising, since Umbrella is behind these guns. For me, this is rather another indirect evidence that the developers were partially inspired by the Chronicles series.

One of the reasons I dislike The Umbrella Chronicles so much is the identity crisis of its setting. This game seems to extend the classic games that had authentic technology (MO-disks and CRT monitors), but at the same time there are holographic glasses and artificial intelligence with self-awareness.

It seems to me that in the remakes, the authors tried to rethink the entire design with this knowledge in mind. In games shows that Umbrella is much richer and more powerful to globally affect the city's infrastructure, and its construction is slightly ahead of time, but made with a touch of retro-futurism, so it seems like you're watching a sci-fi movie from the 80's (Aliens, for example).

The Darkside Chronicles is a ****ing stupid on-rails adventure game. I mean, you fight Alfred on a carousel. That was not even in the original CVX. The carousel, yes. The zany boss fight, no. Hell, he's dressed up like Alexia. Ha-ha. Oh my God.

Also, there's this hilarious part where you have to do a 'shooting puzzle' with a musical box thing to open a door. And Alexia betrays Alfred.

The whole thing was just LOL. Especially when Steve spots the bats and goes crazy. And Chris never even met Steve.

I know. It's a retelling. But still. ?

I was unpleasantly surprised at how different the Japanese meaning was. Especially one moment when Alex opens Kafka's book:

— Gregor Samsa… He was cast aside by his sister which lead to his death.

Alex throws the book down:

— My brother, our destiny… I will make sure it’s different..

Alex is preparing to shoot herself. Moira asks what the hell she's up to, to which Alex replies:

— Our salvation is in death.

Here you can read the translation.

What you need to know if you did not understand anything: Gregor Samsa is the main character of Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis. He, like Kafka, had a very difficult relationship with his father, but the key turn in Gregor's life was turning into an insect. Literally. He no longer brought income to his family, but became a burden, for which he was very ashamed. His father refused him, but only his sister was sympathetic and fed him. However, this did not always continue: one day she lost all sympathy for him and left him to his fate, because of which Gregor died.

I think the parallelism is clear: Gregor is Albert, Greta is Alex, and the father figure is Spencer. In the Japanese original, Alex feels guilty and wants to fix everything. Perhaps this is due to the return of Wesker, which we are hard hinted at the last games of the series.

Last edited:
I’m not a fan of how they treated Alex so far, this series desperately needed a new iconic villain and she could of filled Alberts shoes easily. Instead, we have to wait like 10+ more years in the timeline to see anything from Natalia and even then it won’t be the same. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was a great voice actor for her and seeing her younger self in Resistance is very frustrating since it’s non-canon.

Huge wasted opportunity.

Last edited:
The woman in the hat from the new game is just a copy of Elaine Hendrix. The color of the clothes is also characteristic of Alex. I wouldn't be surprised if she is Alex. It also makes sense what she's doing in Spencer's castle.

And the man with glasses is probably Fabron. This also makes sense, since he is related to Alex and Spencer.

This, by the way, will be quite interesting if instead of one villain there is a duo of villains. Like Alice the Fox and Basilio the Cat from a Russian fairy tale, ha-ha!

3rTsIAR_d7k.jpg

nXn0MWPIwQw.jpg

Fvfxpf5L3ms.jpg

Last edited:
From the BIO4 guidebook (translation by Project Umbrella):

Faking his death and covering his tracks, Krauser found himself in the hands of an illegal organization led by former Raccoon City Police Department special forces S.T.A.R.S. Captain and Umbrella agent Albert Wesker, and they have become running dogs of a crazed cabal that wants to resurrect Umbrella and take over the world using their dangerous technology.

In Resident Evil 5, it is also described that Wesker is respected in the company, which corresponds to what "he" is called in Umbrella Corps.

KQNJC6gR7ls.jpg

So, blue Umbrella is really a rival company, huh?

This information also describes that the rival company is an illegal organization. Well, the connection with The Connections, you know.

So, what could have happened in Resident Evil 7? Either Umbrella and The Connections worked together in Resident Evil 7 (Lucas had betrayed the syndicate and was about to send data to an unknown organization, so the syndicate needed to stop him), or this is the development of a conflict between Wesker and the management of a rival company. There is no third option, in my opinion.

Top Bottom