• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:4 Impressions Thread

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I personally found saddler's speech during his boss fight boring and annoying. Imo both weskers' speeches in re5 and rerev2 as well as simmons and carla's speeches in re6 are so much better.

I personally found saddler's speech during his boss fight boring and annoying. Imo both weskers' speeches in re5 and rerev2 as well as simmons and carla's speeches in re6 are so much better.
Please just give it a rest dude. You have completely overtaken this thread with your negativity, even double posting and triple posting. The very thing that you hate people doing to RE6, you do the same thing with the games from the RE Engine era.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Please just give it a rest dude. You have completely overtaken this thread with your negativity, even double posting and triple posting. The very thing that you hate people doing to RE6, you do the same thing with the games from the RE Engine era.
Alright ı'll stop it.

I don't know why people don't like how RE6 plays. I think it's better being able to move and shoot, and not be confined to standing still. This is something I truly love in The Last of Us Part II, as I love that last section of the game where you're at a resort and there's shops you can run into before you reach the building where they have Abby prisoner. It's an awesome game overall. I don't care about the gay, lesbian, whatever bullshit in it. Political jive doesn't interest me. I just love a good game that plays great, and people seem to envy Sony's success, calling it a "movie game" over and over again.

Granted, gameplay should matter more than presenting the prettiness of it all, but I feel as if they have the game divided up well enough, and while playing as Joel's murderer was controversial, they made her sections of the game very intense. Some parts are walking. Some talking. Some trying to not have your arse slaughtered. Some creepy. Some fun. It's all fine by me.

So, I finally got RE4 Remake... I'm actually surprised that they polished the PlayStation 4 version, I was miffed with the RE4 Remake demo because it had/has some framerate issues. Looks like they fixed it. I'm currently doing a RE4 Remake run, I'm currently at Mendez..

[I had HDR on, but I'll use some of the footage as a contrast. I'll do another run with HDR off or stream from computer.]

I wonder when the next bit of RE news is coming, since the showcase didn't have much on RE4 other than that it's getting an update for VR.

I'm sure they're still going to release DLC, since there was files about it already uncovered...

I wonder when the next bit of RE news is coming, since the showcase didn't have much on RE4 other than that it's getting an update for VR.

I'm sure they're still going to release DLC, since there was files about it already uncovered...
Hopefully they haven't announced Separate Ways yet because they are expanding it to be more of a genuine 'B' campaign. Of course this is probably wishful thinking but I can dream ;)

I think RE4 Remake's gun accuracy is not perfect, but I feel like at home with it. It feels similar to original RE4 here and there. Meeting Garrador was awesome though.

Too bad its HDR. (C'mon, Capcom... do better...)

My current playthrough has reached a bottleneck where I can't get past the crane arena without using too much ammo. I might buy stuff from the merchant and try a couple of ideas... otherwise I will be starting over and playing it slow.

My current playthrough has reached a bottleneck where I can't get past the crane arena without using too much ammo. I might buy stuff from the merchant and try a couple of ideas... otherwise I will be starting over and playing it slow.
How did you go with this, did you get past the crane? You could try running and only killing the guys that climb on the crane

Oh I did it eventually. The way that on hardcore they throw in an extra wave of enemies is what did me in until I got lucky with flash grenades and barrels.

I think the enemies only killed me once. What got me was the coal cart ride, or when you had to blow up a cave entrance with dynamite. I didn't run to Luis, and the blast hit me.

Done. Can confirm that Krauser in the ruins is still annoying like before... not sure if it's me or whether the prompts to dodge his big grab attack are unclear. Of all the things they changed tbh one of them should have been the area after the helicopter with two switches. Everything else was easy enough to rush through, bought the RPG to avoid spending time on Saddler. A Rank, whatever. Next time will be super slow as it's actually fun that way for me.

Done. Can confirm that Krauser in the ruins is still annoying like before... not sure if it's me or whether the prompts to dodge his big grab attack are unclear. Of all the things they changed tbh one of them should have been the area after the helicopter with two switches. Everything else was easy enough to rush through, bought the RPG to avoid spending time on Saddler. A Rank, whatever. Next time will be super slow as it's actually fun that way for me.
Are you going to try it on Professional difficulty next now that you have unlocked it?

No. I died on the easiest difficulty.

I think they backed me into a corner. It doesn't help when your character is jogging as opposed to getting away as quickly as he can...

Are you going to try it on Professional difficulty next now that you have unlocked it?
Possibly! But not for any high rank. Are there any further changes to enemy placement or behavior? Lack of autosaves might be the only annoying part in longer areas that have more than one section.

Might try using the handcannon next anyway as I have it from S ranking all the Mercenaries maps.

Possibly! But not for any high rank. Are there any further changes to enemy placement or behavior? Lack of autosaves might be the only annoying part in longer areas that have more than one section.

Might try using the handcannon next anyway as I have it from S ranking all the Mercenaries maps.
I enjoyed it with no autosaves, felt more rewarding and reminded me of the older games

To date, I feel this is the best of the RE Engine remakes. I know Capcom still cut content, but then they do refer to them as reimaginings, so of course there won't be things that are precise. Now if only they can explain why Krauser works for Wesker a bit better.

Top Bottom