• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Unpopular Opinions on Biohazard

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Because Claire doesn't know how to talk with Natalia in Revelations 2 ( She's good kids in RE2 and Degeneration; meanwhile she isn't here for some reason. ) and Moira immediately steals her role and talks with a softer tone to Natalia instead.

And on my god; their dialogue between them when talking about Neil....

Moira: Claire, Natalia.
Claire: No.

Minutes later...

Moira: Claire, Natalia.
Claire: No.

More minutes later...

Moira: Claire, your boyfriend. ( This happens completely out of nowhere with no build up; there was no indication. )
Claire: NO!

It's so cringe. Oh and forgot to say this in your " Mainline RE Story Ranking " thread but in the beginning part of the game; Claire picks up a gun and literally says " It's more reliable than any person. " . WHAT? She criticised Steve for saying that in RECV and yet she says it here for no reason. What the hell?

With character development; you're most likely referring to Moira saving Natalia at the end which happens in Barry's campaign instead of Claire's. But that ( or Claire helping them with helicopter and blowing Alex with a rocket launcher ) still doesn't save those characters from being terrible IMO.
That dialogue is exclusive to official english localization; in original japanese script, the dialogue happens different. Claire's good with natalia, claire and neil are simply friends and have respect to each other instead of the romance subplot and claire doesnt say that sentence steve said to him in rockfort island when picking up a gun. Idk what exactly the characters say in japanese script though.

That scene at the end of barry's campaign is great but with character development; ı was talking about moira ( who previously refused to use guns due to the accident that happened with polly in the past. ) picking up claire's gun to shoot neil to death while get overing her fears at the end of claire's chapter 3. She also gets more character development in the struggle dlc.

Still have to disagree with you guys about jill though but ı can understand the disappointments about jill not getting mentioned in re6 or not appearing in vendetta and re7.

That's not true; the entire bsaa was looking for him. ( Jill was still in rehabilitation which is the reason why she wasnt involved in the search. ) Claire was looking for him as well confirmed by rerev2.

I thought he had a great character development throught the game. If anything; they ruined him in re7 imo by turning him into a different character with a completely different look.

They say all branches helped in anyway they could, but we don't actually get anything showing every branch actually got involved. Even Sheva just offers her branch's help if Piers desired to utilize them. Piers was the only character we can say got involved, both on his own, and with his team. Even if every branch did get involved, they didn't seem to be of much help, from all we know.

Jill's e-mail was set in 2009, there is NOTHING that said she was STILL in rehab in 2012 or 2013, and for her to STILL be in rehab for that long, something would've needed to be fundamentally different about her health. At best, her e-mail was just to throw a bone to her fans, because Jill and Barry's relationship is significant, and there was no valid excuse not to mention her again. It explained his presence in the BSAA as well. It doesn't establish anything anyone couldn't have guessed. She was looking forward to rehab starting and being over with. Nothing suggesting it was a long ways off either.

Claire was not confirmed to be looking for Chris. All we got was the other end of a phone call, where someone else was telling her about Chris' current whereabouts. Someone could've just been keeping her updated, while she just waited around for all we know. Heck, it could've been Jill she was speaking to, or just some random person in the BSAA. Who knows? Somehow, I don't buy that Claire would be okay with Chris being out on the field, soon after he was found, and in the condition he was in either (assuming she was even told anything), but what's done is done.

They did all of that, and still ignore Sherry went missing around the same time, and Chris was the one who helped Sherry with getting transportation for her and Jake! Her last message to Claire was right before the Edonia mission she went on too. LOL! Complete failure in the writing. Leon not being completely aware of Sherry being an agent in the same group he's a founding member, nor the fact she'd been missing for 6 months is even dumber. "Yeah, I heard you became an agent." when that whole process of her becoming an agent began in 2009. Leon not being completely aware of such things, would suggest Claire didn't even bother contacting him, not even after she lost contact with Sherry, again during the same period Chris was missing. Shame....shame.

Chris becoming a captain, and for the given reason was a nice progression for him, but the drama of him becoming fueled by rage over what Carla did, going back on the field, and then assuming leadership the moment he remembered everything, was stupid. The dude was in no way ready to be leading anyone. Having some experience against J'avo, didn't mean he was ready to be back on the field, let alone leading, regardless of the situation at hand. We've already gotten the whole "carry on, so that our fallen comrades' deaths won't be in vain," narrative in the past. He called himself taking on Wesker in CVX for his fallen STARS comrades, Jill carried that narrative in UC when they found a dead soldier from their unit, Sheva did in RE5 as well. Chris would've been bringing more honor to his fallen team, if he was operating from a clearer head space, and had someone better suited guiding him along, and keeping him in check since it was decided to ship him right onto the battlefield. As far as RE7 Chris. He had a different look sure, but I felt his personality and such was in tact.

As for Piers, well it's more of those guys' at BSAA HQ fault if anything since they forced him to take leadership for the search instead of giving that to a more experienced operative ( like Jill ), temporarily give him Chris' captain rank and ordered him to bring Chris back to battlefield in a hurry. He was basically stressed after all those pressure from BSAA which is understandable plus he isn't as experienced as Chris and Jill. And it only gets worse when Chris gets blinded by revenge and chases after invisible Iluzija without a plan. So I think we need to look at the situation from both Chris' and Piers' perspective.

Piers was put in the role of Captain, naturally, because he was Chris' 2nd in command. There was nothing suggesting Piers was forced to find Chris. In fact the opposite is stated in the files.

"As it is, I think if we allow him to gain experience, he could be made into the formal Captain of Alpha in the future, but Piers seems to think it's just a recovery team for Chris. Though we allowed him to search for Chris with agents, he finds time on his own to fly around Eastern Europe looking for Chris. For Piers, there can't be a BSAA without him. He'll find Chris as soon as possible"

All of that suggests Piers was choosing to look for Chris. Likewise, he wasn't even forced to bring him to China. They simply said that Chris might be of help, depending on his condition, because of his experience with J'avo, and he was asked to bring Chris with him, if possible. None of this is forcing him to do anything, not even forcing him to handle Chris the way he did (esp in the Bar). Piers had more than enough ways of handling Chris' behavior. Taking him off of the pedestal he put him on, would've been one. Piers suggested following Jake and Sherry (which ultimately became what he had to do in the end), because Neo-Umbrella were targeting them, and Chris refused to listen, because "Ada killed my men." The very people Piers aggressively hung over Chris's head when approached him in the bar. He could've easily, reminded him that Sherry was someone very important to Claire (he heard Chris suggest this in the game even), and that he would have regrets if anything were to happen to her, and Claire found out, instead of just letting Chris pull rank on him. He was NOT ready to be leading anyone again, and should've owned up to that. Chris was better off with someone who didn't idolize him, and whom also Chris couldn't get away with pulling rank over. Trying to challenge Chris with the same energy, amongst other things, was stupid.

Piers volunteered his own time to look for him, just because he wanted Chris back in his role within the BSAA as Captain, because he's his "Legendary" hero, which is exactly what his final moments are about. Nevermind Chris feeling he needed to retire for his sanity, nope, here's some more guilt so you won't quit. All the things Piers supposedly knew about why Chris became a captain, and how important it was to him to make sure no one died, and he completely mishandled the situation, yet naturally doesn't feel ready to carry the same burdens Chris placed upon himself, when Chris says he wants him to take his place. There were so many more effective ways to get through to Chris and he failed miserably. Letting Chris take over as captain again (the moment he got his memory back), was beyond stupid. Too much hero worship, and not enough intelligent thinking going on, especially when they were already told Chris was in bad shape, before they approached him in the bar. To think, Chris told Piers to keep an eye out on Carla, and he failed to do that, and yet the games tries to place everything on Chris. Straight BS!

Thankfully, Leon managed to get Chris to listen, because if Chris did manage to kill Carla earlier, Haos would've been unleashed earlier, with no one prepared to stop it. Leon also sending Chris to go help Sherry and Jake, also put him in a position to do something for the greater good, eventhough he thought it was a good idea to address the fact he killed Wesker when he did. Not appearing to care if Jake blew his brains out either. The ending shows us Chris decided to resume his position, but nothing suggested he got any help for himself before resuming his position again.

IMHO, Piers was nothing but a wannabe Chris clone. He was very toxic in how he handled Chris, and he never seemed to care much about what Chris was going through, least not nearly as much as he cared more about Chris simply being in the BSAA being the man he wanted to become. I mean at one point, he commenting on how he thought Chris might be a little rusty, and Chris told him, to can the chatter, as he was still trying to wrap his head around what he was seeing. He was no better than Carla taunting him for his failures at times. I knew he was as good as dead when the trailers dropped, and didn't care at all that he died. Soon as he grabbed the Enhanced C sample, I knew my assumption was right. I might've felt something, if instead of him essentially saying his death was worth it, so long as Chris stayed in the BSAA, if Piers bothered to tell him not every death can be avoided, and it's not always his fault. That there's value in what Chris wanted to do as a captain, but nope. Chris was simply guilt-tripped. Good riddance IMO. I didn't care for the forced drama with him and Jake either. Jill was better off not being in that game, esp since she would've just been serving Chris' story again, and not her own.

However, when it comes to Jill's absence, it never made sense to me. Basically Capcom tells me that it's okay to send Chris back on the battlefield, who suffers from PTSD, alcoholism and amnesia but Jill can't be used? That's a contradiction, my dear fellas.

If they wanted to clarify that Jill is still tested on/not ready for missions, RE6 could've easily mentioned her but instead we had to wait for Revelations 2 in a secret file to reveal her Post-RE5 fate. And even that was just convenience for them to excuse her (now 11 years) absence.

I don't think RE6 ruined Chris but his story was contrived. It's more or less a rehash of RE5 with the drama amped up to 12. Hell, so many years have passed but still no Chris/Barry team up. Wtf?

Mhmm. They literally put Chris in the game, because of a concept art of Leon and Chris pointing guns at each other. They then say the only reason Chris was even given the story he got in RE6, was because, initially, they felt they were too alike, and figured Chris should have the story he had, because he was just in RE5 and came out on top, whereas Leon hadn't led a game in a while. It's even more telling how they took the lazy route with Vendetta, turning the tables on their roles from RE6, and yet even Rebecca said they were alike. Could've been a reunion of the remaining STARS members, esp for the 20th anniversary, but nope, same ol' tired crap as usual.

I am liking what I'm hearing about their plans with Jill lately though. We might actually get a decent story from a protagonist in film form, should she still be who they intend to lead the next CGI film. Her personal narrative actually requires more thought and care put into it, and is likely one reason they didn't acknowledge her in RE6. You don't put a character through what she went through, and then just gloss right over it the next time around...it's not acceptable. The story they made, definitely didn't allow enough room for hers to be told, and told properly. Not saying it's a good excuse for her to not even be mentioned, esp given how much Claire was a factor despite not being present, but Jill was certainly better off without being in such a bloated title. All of that in mind, Jill's e-mail played it super safe for a reason I feel. We basically find out Chris told Jill everything, and she likely saw Barry's e-mail to Chris. I do like she spared him details about the hell she lived through, and instead chose to keep it happy for his sake, and wanted him to mend things with Moira (and he acknowledges at the end, what Jill said to him about being overbearing).

I'm loving every bit of what I've heard about RE3, and even Capcom recognizing they DO know Jill has remained at a TOP level of popularity, even after being used as a plot device, and mishandled in RE5, and then left to waste for well over 10 yrs now (no Rev1 doesn't count, esp since it didn't focus on her in anyway beyond her relationship with Chris). This re-imagining is a great way to re-introduce her to a new crowd, and old fans, and then let her branch out on her own. Tired of the BS.

Agreed on Chris. Chris/Barry...true, but Jill hasn't even been allowed to team up with anyone important who wasn't from STARS. ALL these years, and the top 2 fan favorites (Leon and Jill) haven't had any confirmed interactions? Jill hasn't had any confirmed interactions with Claire? Jill barely interacts with any female for that matter. Jill and Ada could be interesting as well. Even a team up with Jake could have some potential, esp given Jill's personal story with Wesker.

Last edited:

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
To be fair; as a character, she's kind of meh and I think the new characters in RE5 and RE6 are more interesting characters.

However AI wise; she's a lot better than partner AI in RE5 lol. Like she stays behind Leon when you are close to her while aiming or she can duck when you aim next to her so that you can't accidentally hit her. You even control her at castle and can give items you collected to Leon. Plus you can hide her in dumpster. I think the water room is hard though; I remember dying there couple times on my 1st playthrough but I liked the challenge.

Meanwhile in RE5; Sheva wastes ammo and doesn't perform melee most of the time. She can even waste herbs, why waste a green herb instead of waiting a bit more and use a 1st aid spray / mixed herb when I'm in caution? And playing as Sheva feels even worse cause she's left handed and Chris' AI is even more dumber which causes even more unnecessary frustration.

RE5 AI isn't that bad but it's still unnecessarily frustrating. Granted; it could have been worse ( Looks at RE0 and Revelations. ) but still. Really prefer RE6 and its partner system over RE5's; it's so much better.
Ashley is not better, her AI is far less capable. It's just that all it has to do is follow you around, she won't make mistakes because her task is so simple that it's not even possible for her to make mistakes, unless you mess up somewhere.

The AI in 5 is only a problem when you run on Pro and you have low tier weapons, otherwise it hasn't given me any problems and its actually helpful. The AI in 6 is less helpful and a bit more stupid, but at least they cannot die so whether they are good or bad is kind of irrelevant, they may as well be part of the background.

I loved RE6 ( It's a lot better than RE5 IMO. ) and Chris as well as his story and character development in the game but I have to agree with you and N7Valentine somewhat. Jill, Claire and Barry definitely should have appeared or mentioned ( Yes, Claire is mentioned but not enough. ) in the game, also it's really stupid how Sheva is mentioned in files while Jill isn't. I think " ruined " is a very harsh word for RE6 Chris, though they definitely ruined him in Vendetta and RE7.
Yes, that is the main reason this annoys me. I'm not asking for every character to show up looking for Chris. But how hard can it be to write a file and say that X, Y and Z all did their part to help find Chris during those 6 months? I think its just respectful to the nature of the characters and their relationships, we're forced to assume they all did something. But we shouldn't, Capcom should have fleshed that out.

Maybe, but this portrays Jill as desperately craving for Chris' D lol
And there is nothing wrong with that. And it is a breath of fresh air since we know almost nothing about the personal relationships of any character, and that's alright... this is RE not the Sims, but when people are attached to a character they will wonder about aspects of their lives. And that is ok, I know people and their headcanons can be obnoxious but that's part of every fandom I guess

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
That dialogue is exclusive to official english localization; in original japanese script, the dialogue happens different. Claire's good with natalia, claire and neil are simply friends and have respect to each other instead of the romance subplot and claire doesnt say that sentence steve said to him in rockfort island when picking up a gun. Idk what exactly the characters say in japanese script though.

That scene at the end of barry's campaign is great but with character development; ı was talking about moira ( who previously refused to use guns due to the accident that happened with polly in the past. ) picking up claire's gun to shoot neil to death while get overing her fears at the end of claire's chapter 3. She also gets more character development in the struggle dlc.

Still have to disagree with you guys about jill though but ı can understand the disappointments about jill not getting mentioned in re6 or not appearing in vendetta and re7.
Interesting. But that still doesn't really solve my issues with Revelations 2 since like you said, it's unknown how the dialogue happens in Japanese. Besides; not everyone knows Japanese / plays the game with language switched to Japanese not to mention it's really stupid how certain dialogues can be different depending to your selected language. That's another way of bad writing.

And Claire being good with Natalia doesn't make sense. If she was good; Moira wouldn't need to push her aside and steal her role. If anything, it makes Moira more of a dick to Claire in Japanese script.

Ok, I'll admit that the scene you mentioned is pretty cool, Moira getting over her fears about guns and all; I forgot that for some reason. Still doesn't change my opinion about Claire and Moira in Revelations 2 though and their redeeming qualities are still rare. Never played The Struggle DLC or watched it cutscenes; only really played RE5's DLC story episodes years ago and I thought they were trash due to being extremely short and boring. Not to mention; you can't upgrade your weapons or buy anything with gold for some reason. Instead the game forces a terrible stars system. Due to this, I never bought DLC for other RE games.

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
Ashley is not better, her AI is far less capable. It's just that all it has to do is follow you around, she won't make mistakes because her task is so simple that it's not even possible for her to make mistakes, unless you mess up somewhere.

The AI in 5 is only a problem when you run on Pro and you have low tier weapons, otherwise it hasn't given me any problems and its actually helpful. The AI in 6 is less helpful and a bit more stupid, but at least they cannot die so whether they are good or bad is kind of irrelevant, they may as well be part of the background.

I disagree; RE6 AI is so much better. They perform melee ( including counters ) a lot more, can switch their weapons depending to situation and save you from danger quicker. They can even heal you with unlimited healing items when you are in dying status if you have a specific skill equipped. The commands are better than RE5's as well; there are more options and you can manually praise and thank your partner unlike in RE5 where the only commands you can execute at any time are attack and cover instead. You can tag enemies too which makes AI focus on that one enemy unlike in RE5.

Ashley having a simpler and less capable AI isn't a good excuse to say that RE5 AI is better IMO; my points still stand.

They did all of that, and still ignore Sherry went missing around the same time, and Chris was the one who helped Sherry with getting transportation for her and Jake! Her last message to Claire was right before the Edonia mission she went on too. LOL! Complete failure in the writing. Leon not being completely aware of Sherry being an agent in the same group he's a founding member, nor the fact she'd been missing for 6 months is even dumber. "Yeah, I heard you became an agent." when that whole process of her becoming an agent began in 2009. Leon not being completely aware of such things, would suggest Claire didn't even bother contacting him, not even after she lost contact with Sherry, again during the same period Chris was missing. Shame....shame.

How is Leon saying that automatically means he isn't aware of Sherry being a DSO agent until they meet at crash site?

He said that cause he never saw Sherry between RE2 and RE6 due to Simmons only allowing Claire to see her.

She wasn't mentioned in Leon's Tall Oaks chapters cause Carla gave a ( fake ) report to Simmons which is about Jake and Sherry getting killed in Edonia.

I still think some of the files could have been cutscenes though.

Piers was put in the role of Captain, naturally, because he was Chris' 2nd in command. There was nothing suggesting Piers was forced to find Chris. In fact the opposite is stated in the files.

"As it is, I think if we allow him to gain experience, he could be made into the formal Captain of Alpha in the future, but Piers seems to think it's just a recovery team for Chris. Though we allowed him to search for Chris with agents, he finds time on his own to fly around Eastern Europe looking for Chris. For Piers, there can't be a BSAA without him. He'll find Chris as soon as possible"

All of that suggests Piers was choosing to look for Chris. Likewise, he wasn't even forced to bring him to China. They simply said that Chris might be of help, depending on his condition, because of his experience with J'avo, and he was asked to bring Chris with him, if possible. None of this is forcing him to do anything, not even forcing him to handle Chris the way he did (esp in the Bar).

But they still could have utilized Jill; couldn't they give her a Captain rank too just like they gave one to Chris after the events of RE5? Also I never said BSAA forced Piers to find Chris after he escaped from hospital, of course he would have searched for Chris in Edonia. I said BSAA forced him to take leadership for the search when that leadership should have been given to Jill. Giving Piers Chris' rank is fine I guess but still; what I said about Jill stands.

I checked the files and they sound like BSAA forced Piers to bring Chris back to China. Which isn't really surprising considering they forced Chris and Sheva to chase after Irving despite them being the only operatives in the area, remember Chris' " You ever get the feeling, you're expendable? " line? The guys at the top of the organization are surely reckless. I think if it was up to Piers, he would have put Chris to a hospital or something.

I can agree that Piers should have mentioned Claire or Jill though but I still think Chris should have listened to Piers and go after Iluzija with some sort of a plan instead of blindly rushing in and got his 2nd team killed in the process.

Really wished BSAA didn't put everything on Piers' shoulders though; more characters should have been involved.

Her personal narrative actually requires more thought and care put into it, and is likely one reason they didn't acknowledge her in RE6. You don't put a character through what she went through, and then just gloss right over it the next time around...it's not acceptable. The story they made, definitely didn't allow enough room for hers to be told, and told properly.

I think Capcom should have put extra effort into RE6 instead of wasting time developing the Revelations games. ( Especially the 1st one which doesn't really add anything. Not to mention it has garbage characters. )

There could have been Jill and Claire campaigns in the game with Barry and Moira ( Without stealing Claire's role and ruining her of course. ) being partners for them respectively along with more campaigns connecting to each other even more. Also Alex should have been a villain in RE6 ( and should have survived the events of RE6 ) along with Simmons and Carla. Her plan in Revelations 2 was really confusing; I still don't understand how she managed to take over Natalia's body despite getting blown to bits.

It's even more telling how they took the lazy route with Vendetta,

Yeah exactly. Leon had no reason to be there, the guy needed his vacation. Jill and Barry should have been in the film instead of Leon, it would have been a Spencer Mansion reunion. Also take a notice how Hunnigan doesn't appear in the film. She was in RE4, Degeneration, RE6 and Damnation but not here. Another clue that they forced Leon here.

I've posted this elsewhere before but I actually had some ideas if Vendetta was rewritten, let me post them here:

1. Definitely get rid of the scenes that involve heroes killing civilians, including the ending.

2. Remove the mansion sequence. Why are the soldiers so easily killed like that? Change it with a flashback scene for Jill instead.

3. Rebecca doesn't get kidnapped. University raid happens mostly same and she got saved by Jill and Barry along with new characters. After that, Rebecca's mostly with Barry while Jill finds Chris and is mostly with her. Speaking of Jill, change her hair color back to her original color instead of blonde.

4. Replace the new virus with C-Virus instead so that the movie connects better to RE6. New monsters not found in that game would have been cool too.

5. For the villains, change their backstory so that they are Neo-Umbrella members who want revenge from BSAA and how they are pissed at Carla's death.

6. Add a long dialogue between Chris and Jill where she says to him how was her life really crap after RE5 since she wasn't allowed to take part in operations and how she's really happy now that she's with Chris.

7. If there's going to be a motorcycle scene, Jill should be the one riding it. And of course no innocent killing!

8. Remove the Breaking Bad reference.

9. Jill and Chris fight with both of the villains. Both of them got horribly killed by Valenfield team. Their deaths causes a special C-Virus BOW to get released which Valenfield team kill along with Barry and Rebecca's help.

10. The ending shows us with a mysterious villain observing BSAA. He's actually the new Family leader from RE6 which is told in the files.

11. Tell us which year this movie takes place.

How is Leon saying that automatically means he isn't aware of Sherry being a DSO agent until they meet at crash site?

He said that cause he never saw Sherry between RE2 and RE6 due to Simmons only allowing Claire to see her.

She wasn't mentioned in Leon's Tall Oaks chapters cause Carla gave a ( fake ) report to Simmons which is about Jake and Sherry getting killed in Edonia.

Please re-read what I said. I said it made no sense at all, that Leon wasn't completely aware of the fact Sherry became an agent. It makes absolutely no sense that he would have to suddenly remember, that he heard about it. This was a huge, life-changing event in her life, and his reaction was something you wouldn't expect of someone who was very protective over her life, and literally had his life changed because of her. He is in the government, mostly because of her. It was even said in the game's files, he didn't end his life back in RE2, because he wanted to help her make it out alive.

The game's files established that Sherry remained close to both Leon and Claire. Claire was the only outsider (outside of the US Government) who was said to be allowed to visit her, and Claire spent the most time with her. That's not the same thing as saying only Claire visited Sherry. Sherry was closer to Claire, but Leon was still one of her closest friends, as she said herself to Jake. Sherry even said she was still inspired to live up to their examples. She's literally in the same line of work as Leon, despite Claire wanting her to resign the whole time.

Irregardless of what her situation was, the point is that Leon coming off completely unaware of what was going on with Sherry, and having such a faint reaction to her being out on the field, in China, having been missing for 6 months, makes no sense, and is a disservice to Leon, Sherry, and even Claire. Again, Claire knew about Sherry being an agent, Claire was suspicious of Simmons, and she also was told by Sherry, she was going on a mission, not to worry about her, etc. She never hears back from Sherry. I mean you have to think about it. Sherry missed Christmas, probably birthdays, several holidays have passed, etc., where she would've tried to be in touch with Claire. Claire would worry about Sherry, even MORESO when her brother is missing as well. I would've expected Claire to be in touch with Leon.

Piers, whom we later find out Claire has met, met Sherry when Chris did, and even heard from their convo that Claire was close to Sherry. Chris assisted Sherry with getting her and Jake transported, only for Claire to never hear from, or see either after the fact. It wouldn't make a lick of sense if Claire didn't try to contact Leon for any info on Sherry, especially. It would seem odd that with Piers, being in the BSAA, he would be given an update that the BSAA lost more people (those with Sherry and Jake), and they had no idea what happened to Sherry and Jake, and wouldn't have told Claire, esp since he wanted to keep in touch with her after meeting her a couple of years prior.

What Carla sent Simmons:

To Derek C. Simmons
Capture of Jake Muller has failed.
He's now missing along with Sherry Birkin.
Both were probably embroiled in the bombing and blown to pieces.

She didn't say they were dead, she said they were missing, but probably dead, just so no one would go looking. Two different things. Had Sherry actually been reported dead, again, Leon and Claire having no reaction, makes no sense. Leon did NOT react to seeing Sherry as if she were believed dead (let alone like he hadn't seen her in years). Also, Piers did make it clear he was aware of Sherry and Jake being missing for six months, the moment they spotted them in China. So, no way I'd ever buy Leon wasn't aware of her being missing as well. Not knowing Simmons was her supervisor is already odd, but not knowing she was missing? NO!

But they still could have utilized Jill; couldn't they give her a Captain rank too just like they gave one to Chris after the events of RE5? Also I never said BSAA forced Piers to find Chris after he escaped from hospital, of course he would have searched for Chris in Edonia. I said BSAA forced him to take leadership for the search when that leadership should have been given to Jill. Giving Piers Chris' rank is fine I guess but still; what I said about Jill stands.

I checked the files and they sound like BSAA forced Piers to bring Chris back to China. Which isn't really surprising considering they forced Chris and Sheva to chase after Irving despite them being the only operatives in the area, remember Chris' " You ever get the feeling, you're expendable? " line? The guys at the top of the organization are surely reckless. I think if it was up to Piers, he would have put Chris to a hospital or something.

I can agree that Piers should have mentioned Claire or Jill though but I still think Chris should have listened to Piers and go after Iluzija with some sort of a plan instead of blindly rushing in and got his 2nd team killed in the process.

Really wished BSAA didn't put everything on Piers' shoulders though; more characters should have been involved.

Why would they give Jill captain rank, when she was not said to step down from her SOA position like Chris did (she's currently stated to be a returnee as of Rev2's timeline)? Chris chose to become a captain. That is CHRIS' journey. He teased in RE5 that he always wanted to become a captain. That is not something Jill has ever said she aspired to be. Course we'd actually need to put focus back on her, to actually find out more about her. I doubt, after RE5, she'd be thinking about leading teams like Chris.

Jill wouldn't have to step in as Captain, she already had the capacity to work with SOU teams, and she had privileges as a founding member of the BSAA. My thing is, she is not a minor character, and frankly I'm not in the least bit interested in seeing another tired retread of Jill looking for Chris, saving Chris, sacrificing herself for Chris (or vice versa), or otherwise being use as a plot prop to advance his story and reputation, while not being afforded actual focus on herself. She was already done a huge disservice in RE5, that can't truly be made up for (despite the lingering potential for her own story). Her being said to have offered help, or ideas on what Chris might be doing with himself, would've sufficed IMO. All I really wanted for her, was acknowledgement that she got involved somehow, due to her given relationship with Chris, and her keeping an eye out for him over the years they were both active.

Piers, was next in the line of command on Chris' unit. That's why he was filling in until Chris was found. It would be pointless to have Jill step in and lead things, while the person who is being hyped up as someone who could become a future leader, who Chris handpicked to train as his successor, is taking a backseat to Jill. The search for Chris is a background thing to the main story, but this was Chris' story. His character "progression" was training the next gen of soldiers, because there needed to be more people like he and Jill, capable of handling threats like Wesker (like Sheva). This was about Chris' experience since becoming a captain, and the impact it has on him. That said, Alpha team didn't just stop functioning because Chris was gone. One has to remember, they still had missions without Chris around, it's just Piers was also allowed to look for Chris as well. The search for Chris was personal for him.

From his file in Bio6:

As it is, I think if we allow him to gain experience, he could be made into the formal Captain of Alpha in the future, but Piers seems to think it's just a recovery team for Chris. Though we allowed him to search for Chris with agents, he finds time on his own to fly around Eastern Europe looking for Chris. For Piers, there can't be a BSAA without him. He'll find Chris as soon as possible"

This is saying Piers didn't want to be the captain at that time. He wants Chris back in his role. It says they allowed him to search with others, not that he was ordered to search for Chris. It also says Piers chose to look for him on his own time as well. I know one file said the search for Chris was under Piers' command, but it's not the same as saying Piers was told to do so.

I'll also quote both versions of the file addressing what Piers was asked to do.

Chris Redfield File -

Bio6
"At present, we don't know the details of either situation, but the U.S. government is refusing our intervention in the bioterrorism in America. Thus, we need the North American branch Alpha unit to hurry in order to suppress the bioterrorism in China.
A B.O.W. similar to the “J'avo” has been confirmed in the bioterrorism in China. The strength of the North American Alpha unit is indispensable with its combat experience against the J'avo.
I heard the report on your discovery of Chris Redfield. Depending on his situation, he’ll no doubt become a major force in the recovery team. Please head to China with Chris Redfield as soon as possible.“
RE6:
This is headquarters. Nivans, are you listening? There's been a bioterrorist attack in America and China. We don't have a lot of intel on the situation yet, but the U.S. government is denying our assistance on their front, so we need the alpha team to take care of the situation in China.
We’ve got reports of J'avo-like B.O.W.s which your team has had experience with before.
We also heard that you’ve run into Chris Redfield, so if you can, take him with you to Lanshiang. He could be a big help.
Standout comments:
“Depending on his situation…”
“Please….”
“…if you can…”

The only order to Piers was to take his team to China. Yeah, he's asked to bring Chris along too, but it is dependent on his condition. Hence the highlighted bits I point out. Piers is the one who told Chris they (the team) were bringing him back one way or another, despite knowing the state Chris was in at the time. Yelling and screaming in his face, already knowing before he approached him, that Chris was "lost." He was frustrated over the bioterrorism going on, and that Chris was in bad shape, sure, but his lack of empathy and care was alarming. Telling Chris he's running from his past, and he can't walk away from bio-terrorism/his role, because the men who died under his command, would've died for nothing. You do NOT approach people who are suffering from traumatic head/brain injuries, ptsd, amnesia, etc like that. Capcom/whoever wrote the script was really irresponsible with how they handled someone with a mental disorder.

Chris seemed to have allowed himself to be taken back willingly, thinking he needed to stop running from his past, face the truth, his responsibilities, etc in order to get his life back, but he was still in no way ready to be on a battlefield. He did not have to be on the battlefield in order to confront his past. Letting him take control of Alpha team, knowing the person he desired to kill was around (even after given orders later she was wanted alive), wasn't smart. Chris kept letting Carla get the best of him, which led to his men being killed (Chris' one-track mind definitely making matters worse).

He gave assistance to Sherry and Jake, and left them to fend for themselves afterward. Again, perfect opportunity for Piers to remind Chris who Sherry was, and what she meant to his sister. She was missing just as long as he was, and was being pursued by the same group Carla led, yet he had tunnel vision on Carla. He finds out Jake was Wesker's son, and starts to focus on that, and his retirement. He was quitting. He didn't even care about pissing Jake off, nor if he shot him point blank. He didn't need to address the fact he killed Wesker when he did. Were it not for his interactions with people like Leon (including telling him to help Jake and Sherry), Chris' story would've been nothing but a train wreck.

Chris couldn't remember anything clearly initially, and Piers knew that, and came off like he didn't care at first. He even got pissed off when Chris didn't remember him, and then shoved the images of the men who died in his face. This game even tries to justify Piers' disgusting behavior, by having Chris (post Leon confrontation), say Piers was right about him running from his past, and smile like it was all good. This doesn't excuse how Piers was very aggressive, cold, placing guilt onto Chris, and then threatening him with forceful extraction. They were going to go to China regardless. If Piers understood Chris was not himself, he should've just told HQ, and had him taken in to get the help he needed, but he didn't. Chris going along with things, because he wanted to get his life back, only to be at the end of his ropes by the end of it, again guilt-tripped into continuing on in his role of Captain. Not even a hint that Chris had learned from his mistakes, and was prepared to take on this role again despite the risks. Seeing him just go back to business, honestly felt like a disservice.

Soon as Chris began to remember the people who died, Piers got excited, until he noticed a dark shift in Chris attitude- being focused on Carla. Yeah, Chris should've listened to Piers's concerns (even the other men were noticing he wasn't being rational), but Piers should've stepped up to the plate and challenged his authority more. He did try to get Chris to listen some of the time, when he didn't just fall in line. Other times he was just as hot-headed as Chris. You don't go from "What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?" to, "It's a good thing Finn isn't here to see you like this." RIGHT after Chris was once again in denial about losing another person, and needed to terminate the body. ALL of this shows Chris never should've been out there. It's no wonder Leon was the one to get through to Chris.

Piers asked Chris if he remembered anything yet (early on), and expressed how he thought Chris would be a little rusty being back on the field, but was impressed his training kicked right in. This tells me, he actually seemed to think Chris was well-enough to be back on the field, and would be ok—once he remembered everything. He didn't seem to consider what Chris had been dealing with all those months, or how he'd be once he did remember everything. Chris told the Edonia team that his job was to make sure no one died on his watch, and no one was left behind. We already learned from his story in RE5, that losing people over the years was making him question if his efforts were worth it. It was one of the main reasons he had to know for sure if Jill was alive.

Piers saw Chris SUFFERING as the Edonia team began mutating in front of them (always hitting Chris hardest, because he was their leader), and even his denial, that they were all a lost cause. Chris did the same thing with Piers at the end. He was refusing to accept Piers was a lost cause, and Piers STILL said nothing to try and help him find some peace with that, only left him with his bloodied patch, to guilt him into staying in the BSAA as a captain. Even when Chris said he was going to retire, Piers was shocked, and didn't want him to do it. Chris was necessary in his opinion, but nevermind whether or not Chris could handle everything in his position still, on top of all of his past trauma. I get what they were trying to do, but it was a hot mess.

Last edited:

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
I disagree; RE6 AI is so much better. They perform melee ( including counters ) a lot more, can switch their weapons depending to situation and save you from danger quicker. They can even heal you with unlimited healing items when you are in dying status if you have a specific skill equipped. The commands are better than RE5's as well; there are more options and you can manually praise and thank your partner unlike in RE5 where the only commands you can execute at any time are attack and cover instead. You can tag enemies too which makes AI focus on that one enemy unlike in RE5.

Ashley having a simpler and less capable AI isn't a good excuse to say that RE5 AI is better IMO; my points still stand.

You need to understand that makes no sense at all, your point doesn't stand one bit. RE5 AI is more capable therefore it is objectively better. It is an unfair comparison since Ashley can do nothing but follow you around and Sheva can do a lot more, but you decided to compare them.

And the AI in 6 is not much better at all, they seem to be much more capable just because the game is easier and they cannot die. But on a equal scenario the difference wouldn't be that big.

I get what they were trying to do, but it was a hot mess.
That sums up RE6 perfectly

Last edited:

pink herb

[chris voice] GOOD STUFF
Oh boy, I have many an unpopular opinion. Time to get shredded.

- The main series focusing more on action than horror is a natural progression from a narrative standpoint and one I'm completely fine with (and actually prefer). Stakes become higher as viral warfare and BOW manufacturing becomes more prominent on a global scale - I mean, this is why the BSAA was founded in the first place.

With that said, though, Resident Evil has always been action oriented and no amount of whinging will ever change that.

- Resident Evil 6 is the best of the modern Resident Evil titles, although I by no means hate 4 or 5; in fact, I recently realized I prefer 4-6 (and by extension, the REV games) over 1-3. Absolute blasphemy, I know.

- Speaking of 1-3, we really need to stop with the remakes, retellings, and re-releases, and move onto something new (which is a concept it seems a lot of Resident Evil fans can't grasp). I'm tired of mansion settings being rehashed and Resident Evil 4 has slowly become a joke over the years with all of its ports.

- I've mentioned this already before, but I'm not a fan of the Resident Evil engine or the direction they're trying to take the series. Resident Evil 7 was better suited as a side title. RE2make was a mediocre game and a disappointment, although there are a few parts of it I like. RE3make is virtually unrecognizable re: characters (what did they do to you, Carlos) and poor Nemesis just looks silly, but we'll have to wait and see how it goes. I'll probably write out my thoughts in depth about RE2make at some point because as someone whose favorite classic RE game is RE2, boy did I have some hurt feelings. LOL.

- The side characters >>> the main cast (of which Leon > Chris and Jill). The only side characters I didn't really like were Piers and Moira. I would love to see Raymond, Parker, and Jessica return. Steve Burnside as a villain when?

- I don't want Wesker back. I'm positive he will be, but I don't want him to be.

Here are mine:

- I think Leon as a character has little to no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
- RE4, while not a bad game at all is overrated and the reason for the series' downfall up until RE7.
- RE0 is a tedious game full of wasted opportunities.
- I wish we had RE 1.5. instead of RE2 as we know it.
- Revelations 2 is the best RE game that was released these last few years.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Old carlos > New carlos

The one in re3 remake is boring and for some reason looks like chris. Carlos was so much better in the og game imo.

Here are mine:

- I think Leon as a character has little to no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
- RE4, while not a bad game at all is overrated and the reason for the series' downfall up until RE7.
- RE0 is a tedious game full of wasted opportunities.
- I wish we had RE 1.5. instead of RE2 as we know it.
- Revelations 2 is the best RE game that was released these last few years.

I think I agree with all of your points, except maybe the third one. Although that's only because I like Claire too much.

Leon is why the series isn't scary, to be honest. He plays it too cool. But... he was a real bad dude in RE2. About his real magnum opus.

Yeah. RE Zero is kind of long and dull in parts, especially after the train section. It was creepy though. Just not overly exciting.

Yeah. I think Revelations 2 is awesome. To me, I like it more than even RE7. Not that RE7 is bad, but some of it is a bit meh-ish.

Hopefully we haven't seen the last of the Revelations side series. RE8 was apparently gonna be part 3, so who knows about now?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The " Good game, bad re game " statement is very stupid.

Those 2 statements pretty much contradict each other. It's impossible for a game to be good and bad at the exact same time.

If it's good, then say it's good.

If it's bad, then say it's bad.

It cant be both.

I dont like how people are short sighted when it comes to resident evil either.

I think their complaints are directed towards the style. Like if it's too action heavy, first person, etc, they accuse the company of selling-out. That's debatable.

In defence of Capcom, they have a lot to answer for. As time progresses, they are under pressure to deliver consistency. So they are experimenting with a new route and some fans moan that it's ruined if the changes are too obvious. But in a way, you have to eventually try something new or your product ends up staler than a 100 year old block of cheese. But I do think two back to back sequels in first person is a bit of a rank decision. As a one off game, that was good as a trial. But I doubt too many fans want third person exclusively for remakes and entirely first person for sequels. Unless I've missed something, I don't think that's sitting well with some people.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I see your point but still those 2 statements pretty much contradict each other and my point stands. I dont like re7 for example but it's still a good re game even though it feels less resident evil compared to every mainline entry prior to it.

I dont like the " This isnt resident evil! " statement either. That's also pretty stupid. The only game in the series that's not " Resident evil " is umbrella corps mainly cause it doesnt have " Resident evil " name on it. Everything else is resident evil cause they are called " Resident evil " .

Though the " Resident evil " title only really fits to the very 1st game; ( Og only. As much as ı love remake, not sure if the title can fit to that mainly cause the files reference re2, re3 and recv which take place in a larger scale and are more action oriented. Not a bad thing but worth mentioning. Oh and even though the atmosphere is greatly improved; ı think remake is more action oriented than re1. It's small but it counts. ) the others, including spinoffs, take place in a larger scale and due to this, the title dont really fit to them.

That's one of the reasons why " biohazard " is the actual name of the franchise and this universe are mainly about biohazards.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Re0 has a better story than remake. I dont like how ı cant get the full canon ending in remake. Also it should have been more connected to re0, like files mentioning re0's events' for example.

Mikami is overrated.

Re2 2019 is extremely overrated and it's a giant mess. Gameplay is the saving factor of it. My enjoyment for the game seriously decreased and it as well as re3 2020 unnecessarily convoluted the past ( This never happened prior to those 2 games. ) to the point where capcom had to explain they arent canon and replacements for og games. The whole game is basically a beautiful junk food.

Re3 2020 has a better story / characters than re2 2019 do. In these aspects; it stays more true to og game than re2 2019 do for re2.

Darkside chronicles and re6 are more respectful to canon re lore / past events than re2 2019 and re3 2020.

From mainline entries; re5 and re6 have the best stories and character arcs in the series.

From spinoffs; chronicles games have the best stories, especially darkside chronicles.

Re1 didnt age well, especially when compared to other pre-re4 mainline entries. Still like the game; it does some aspects better than remake like barry / rebecca choices which feel streamlined in remake. Oh and I dont like how they cut the scrapbook file in remake.

Re7 feels more like a gun survivor entry rather than a mainline and it feels less resident evil compared to other mainline entries.

Some unpopular opinions I hold, just off the top of my head:

1. REmake is a great game but I prefer the original 1996 game. It has always been my favorite game of the series. Yes the graphics suck (by today's standards of course) but the overall tone and atmosphere in that game is still, to this day, scary as all hell. The music is also better in the original game than in REmake. The zombie moans in the game are really creepy, unlike the ones in RE2 and RE3 (original games) where the zombies just sound like they're taking dumps. Also, people goof on the opening scene of the game for being cheesy and dumb, but in my opinion it remains the scariest moment in all of RE. It was the first real scary moment of the series and it's still the greatest to me. Listening to Joseph's agonizing screams while also hearing the sound of his body being torn apart (with no music playing in the background, no less) by those vicious dogs is just so gut-wrenching.

2. Speaking of RE1, it should be remade once again using the RE Engine. You know what they say: "the third time is the charm." Who knows, they might just be able to make it even better than REmake. Also, f***'s sake, I'm dying to see what a young remastered Chris looks like. I hope they remake CV in the future as well; though that one's not really unpopular.

3. Wesker's really overrated. Can't stand him (especially RE5 "matrix" Wesker). Krauser's a much cooler villain imo (my bias showing?). He should've been given a lot more love. It would've been really cool if they had brought him back later on in the series, maybe as a major antagonist trying to restore Umbrella after Wesker died, or something like that.

4. Ada's really overrated as well. Bland and uninteresting character.

5. RE6 really isn't that bad.

6. Charlie Kraslavsky is OG Chris and best Chris.

Last edited:
I enjoy RE6 myself. A great guilty pleasure game. But I prefer Revelations 2 even more.

I didn't really like Wesker in RE5. He just seemed weird.

Alex Wesker should be a primary villain from here on out.

Leon's 2020 design is terrible. Not so much his costume. His face! Too cute and Justin Bieber like.

The Darkside Chronicles is a better RE2 remake, of sorts. It was in the right order, for the most part.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Jill's e-mail was set in 2009, there is NOTHING that said she was STILL in rehab in 2012 or 2013, and for her to STILL be in rehab for that long, something would've needed to be fundamentally different about her health. At best, her e-mail was just to throw a bone to her fans, because Jill and Barry's relationship is significant, and there was no valid excuse not to mention her again. It explained his presence in the BSAA as well. It doesn't establish anything anyone couldn't have guessed. She was looking forward to rehab starting and being over with. Nothing suggesting it was a long ways off either.

Claire was not confirmed to be looking for Chris. All we got was the other end of a phone call, where someone else was telling her about Chris' current whereabouts. Someone could've just been keeping her updated, while she just waited around for all we know. Heck, it could've been Jill she was speaking to, or just some random person in the BSAA. Who knows? Somehow, I don't buy that Claire would be okay with Chris being out on the field, soon after he was found, and in the condition he was in either (assuming she was even told anything), but what's done is done.

Chris becoming a captain, and for the given reason was a nice progression for him, but the drama of him becoming fueled by rage over what Carla did, going back on the field, and then assuming leadership the moment he remembered everything, was stupid. The dude was in no way ready to be leading anyone. Having some experience against J'avo, didn't mean he was ready to be back on the field, let alone leading, regardless of the situation at hand. We've already gotten the whole "carry on, so that our fallen comrades' deaths won't be in vain," narrative in the past. He called himself taking on Wesker in CVX for his fallen STARS comrades, Jill carried that narrative in UC when they found a dead soldier from their unit, Sheva did in RE5 as well. Chris would've been bringing more honor to his fallen team, if he was operating from a clearer head space, and had someone better suited guiding him along, and keeping him in check since it was decided to ship him right onto the battlefield. As far as RE7 Chris. He had a different look sure, but I felt his personality and such was in tact.
Why wouldnt jill be in rehab during the time period of re6 exactly? She was captured and experimented by wesker both with uroboros and constant p30 administration for like 3-4 years ( 2006-2009 ) while being aware of it and re6 takes place after the events of re5 for like 3-4 years ( 2012-2013 ) so that's why she doesnt appear in the game and unfortunately couldnt be involved in the search for missing chris. Re6 is the next main numbered entry after re5 and ı think the devs wanted to give her some rest or something. Plus re6 is a re2 reunion and jill is extremely irrelevant to the events of re2 unlike chris who plays a role in the game's story. I think she could have appeared in heavenly island though. That manga is rerev games reunion; claire and parker appear but somehow jill doesnt for some reason. I think her rehab ended after the events of re6 and there could have been a claire / jill team-up.

Might as well mention that ı think 4thsnake's jill video is lame. The critique should have been done for re5 ( Which has jill in the game. ) ; not re6. Or for both of those games together. How is jill even allowed to leave bsaa hq if her rehab experiments werent finished? It's more stupid than chris somehow leaving that hospital in edonia without anyone noticing. And he doesnt take the other games / non-game canon stuff into account either.

Rerev2 epilogue seems to at least hint at claire playing a helping role in the search for missing chris not to mention she's trusting piers. Otherwise why put the scene there? There's no indication that she seems to know about chris' amnesia and ı think piers and bsaa didnt tell this info to her to prevent claire from doing something crazy. ( Like her recv adventures and getting captured in the process. Plus piers knows chris' past adventures. ) Maybe the corruption for bsaa might also play a role. ( Suzuki m, jessica and spies from ada's organization. Plus ada have access to bsaa com. ) But ı see your point; they still should have mentioned claire playing a role in the search for missing chris in re6 files.

I also agree that there should have been a file about claire contacting leon for missing sherry though his reaction in china doesnt indicate that he doesnt know about sherry missing for 6 months. Good points about piers mentioning claire to chris as well though this wouldnt change chris' behaviour since there's an invisible bow running amok.

Leon heard sherry becoming an agent ( Most likely through claire. ) mainly cause he didnt play a role in her becoming one. That was all done by simmons and his men in the family organization. When sherry became an agent; ( 2009 ) dso wasnt founded. Leon was still working for usstratcom and its aupit unit during that time period. He wasnt allowed to visit sherry either since he wasnt a member of the family organization; if he was allowed, the files would have mentioned it ( According to re6 devs; leon is the main character of the game and the prologue is about him. ) but only claire was allowed to visit other than the family members. This doesnt mean he didnt support her of course; he would have support sherry through some means. Sherry was reporting exclusively for simmons and he also only told her some special info about the situation. ( Like neo umbrella, j'avo and ustanak. ) And why would claire and leon know about simmons being sherry's supervisor exactly? Sherry wouldnt tell this info to them due to being threatened by simmons or something since she was in custody and wasnt really given freedom until wesker died. And even with that; she was still under the strict surveillance of the government. As for claire being suspicious of simmons; her telling this info to leon ( If she could anyways; keep in mind, the files say that she tried to secretly warn sherry, she tried to sent a letter but it went to wrong hands; thankfully that person had sympathy for those 2 and destroyed it without simmons being aware of it. ) wouldnt really change anything since leon doesnt like the government anyways ( He only trusts benford and even then it takes some time for leon to warm up to him and eventually tell his re2 adventures. ) and he isnt fond of most of the members. Plus his depression angle which was avoided in re4 due to the game being really butchered in official localization but it was brought back starting with degeneration and afterwards. With her interactions to jake in chapter 2; she was talking about re2 since both of them played a role in saving sherry's life and leon stayed with her after claire went off to find chris. Both of them are still friends to her even though unfortunately leon wasnt allowed to visit her unlike claire who did more work in re2 than leon did.

I wonder how things are happening now in the government after the events of re6. I mean leon is after the family since fos hacked com between simmons and his men. I guess he would be allowed to visit sherry as well due to them helping each other in re6. I wished vendetta was more related to re6's events ( The novel has some re6 plot info not included in the movie. ) but capcom instead made that movie a re4 rehash while lazily stealing plot points from re6. Not a big fan of how chris doesnt thank leon for playing a role in snapping him from his blind pursuit either.

I know chris lost people before re6 but he never lead a team before that ( Wesker was the captain of stars alpha team. ) and he never lost people before in the same way he did in re6. Him becoming a sou captain for the team was a reference to re1 / remake mainly cause his rivalry was one in 1998. It has nothing to do with that captain easter egg in re5; rerev was meant to be a reference to that since it mainly takes place in queen ships and one of chris' alternate outfits is about that. Being a captain for ship and being a captain for a team are different things. As for piers; ı understand that he was harsh in some ways but he still did the right thing. That was chris' team who died in edonia and piers wanted his captain to bring justice to carla and neo umbrella. Besides chris was taken to a hospital anyways; it's not told how long he stayed at that place but he could have recovered from some of his injuries before escaping from there. Sure he was amnesiac and had ptsd but bsaa likes to take risks and that's how business in that organization works. This was shown in re5 where hq forced chris and sheva to go after irving even though they were surprised due to them being the only operatives in the field as well as in rerev with o'brian's plan. If chris' situation was that bad; he would have told this to piers and be requested to be taken to a hospital. If it wasnt for chris; haos couldnt have stopped either. Honestly if piers didnt care about chris; then he wouldnt have force him to battlefield while trying to step up to him as much as he could. The way you criticise piers is also confusing to me. You 1st mock him for challenging his captain then you mock him for not challenging his captain. You need to make up your own mind cause both of them dont really work. How do you think piers should have handled chris while they were in the field exactly? Stay silent all the time while not stepping up to the plate at all?

As for re7; the design is the least bad thing about it. They lazily repeated his arc from re6 without knowing how it works. Not to mention he feels forced to the game. Capcom didnt want og characters in the game to make it more survival horror oriented and yet they forced chris to re7 for lame fanservice. Plus ı dont like how re7 doesnt follow up anything from re6 either and the blue umbrella contradicts neo umbrella from re6. You learn in the game that chris lost some no-names ( In re6; all of chris' lost soldiers had names including the ones who died in edonia. When he was blinded by revenge and lost some of his comrades due to iluzija and carla; you could inspect the corpses and see their names. ) and only one soldier has a name and you only learn it if you decide to inspect one of the soldiers before deactivating the traps; which causes a game over. The game literally punishes for doing something like that; you dont know that blue umbrella soldier's name if you help him after deactivating the traps. Plus it seems to make his re6 campaign pointless; he should have been more careful in re7. The re8 leaks also seem to hint at making re6 pointless. Not sure if chris was the one who should have died in re6 instead of piers. I wished both survived ( I think the same way for claire and steve as well. ) but unfortunately one of them had to die. I hope they wont turn chris into a villain in re8 but ı wouldnt be surprised if they did that.

The steroids item is also pretty stupid. Chris wouldnt need to relate to one. He could get his huge muscles through gym; no need for drugs. If he used one or multiple; he wouldnt perform well in china with his skills. ( Sure he unfortunately lost his team due to being blinded by revenge but that wasnt only his fault. Everyone in the team were responsible since they were like family. And piers stepping up to the plate doesnt mean he was blaming him; chris naturally felt guilty for the team cause he's the captain. ) I mean; he wasnt trained for 6 months and piers picks this up as well. Again if he used drugs like that; then ı dont think he would feel ready to accept responsibility in re6. I dont like how people came up with those obnoxious jokes either related to those things.

The way you feel about re6; ı feel that way with re7 instead.

But anyways; sorry for the late reply. I wished ı responded to this earlier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom