• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Unpopular Opinions on Biohazard

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I've never seen anyone hating her over that, however I'm yet to find someone who likes Ada as she is in RE6. She's basically Batman in that game and that's awful, just awful.
I liked ada in re6; ı think she's more likeable in that game compared to her other appearances.

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
I don't know why I forgot these but here they are:

Moira is an obnoxious character. She's basically created just to make Claire look bad.

Steve isn't that annoying; he's fine and an overhated character similar to Ashley.

Unpopular opinion if code veronica gets remake I really hope that Nosferatu gets retconned into a full Tyrant and called Nosferatu T-Type and replace or absorb the T-078 role. Nosferatu was the most terrifying aspect in Both CV and Dark side chronicles in my opinion.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
Ah yes, the Redfield bloodline meme.... By far of the most cringeworthiest meme ever created
Recently stumbled upon this on reddit
gdlrccx4zb541.png

Me:
giphy.gif

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
The Claire side has always been awful, but that drawing Dangerousbride made about Jill and Chris is nice. It's the first time it takes a more wholesome approach instead of the creepy "autistic Claire" thing

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Moira is an obnoxious character. She's basically created just to make Claire look bad.

Steve isn't that annoying; he's fine and an overhated character similar to Ashley.
That reminds me:

The hate towards Ashley is almost completely unjustified, anyone who got her killed is just bad a video games.

The "water room" in RE4 is not the hardest part of the game, it's not hard at all. I can go through it with TMP alone, no stock.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
I didn't care for Piers.
His ass had nothing better to do than blaming Chris for everything, pointing his fingers at him and bitch at him. The man's had PTSD and became an alcoholic, but Piers had to drag him back on the battlefield and still have the nerves to blame him, whereas Chris needed to get his shit together as he clearly wasn't himself.

Surprised, Chris didn't smash his skull in China lol
Not to mention that I predicted his death from the beginning. Best partner Chris ever had? I think not. Jill or even Sheva were far better :p

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
Chris was ruined in RE6, he is a very important character and has relationships with many other characters, if something were to happen to him a good portion of the cast would be looking for him. Instead we got a nobody that no one cares about, while characters that have a deep relationship with Chris were doing... nothing

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Ah yes, the Redfield bloodline meme.... By far of the most cringeworthiest meme ever created
Recently stumbled upon this on reddit
gdlrccx4zb541.png

Me:
giphy.gif
The videos are worse with an atrocious voice acting for the characters.

Also ı kinda like dangerousbride's fanarts for the most part. Yeah, that example is still weird but most of his / her fanarts are pretty good imo.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

How is moira obnoxious? She has a great character development throught the game. Idk what you mean with last sentence either.

Agreed with your opinion about steve.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Chris was ruined in RE6, he is a very important character and has relationships with many other characters, if something were to happen to him a good portion of the cast would be looking for him. Instead we got a nobody that no one cares about, while characters that have a deep relationship with Chris were doing... nothing
That's not true; the entire bsaa was looking for him. ( Jill was still in rehabilitation which is the reason why she wasnt involved in the search. ) Claire was looking for him as well confirmed by rerev2.

I thought he had a great character development throught the game. If anything; they ruined him in re7 imo by turning him into a different character with a completely different look.

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
No, what I said is true. Obviously the entire BSAA was looking for him, I'm talking about the main characters not random people. He was ruined harder in 7 but 6 was bad enough.

Jill's "rehabilitation" is a nonsense excuse by Capcom, it's just easier to say that than putting yet another big character in a game, so it's understandable but still stupid. They'll keep saying that until they figure out how to bring her back.

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
That reminds me:

The hate towards Ashley is almost completely unjustified, anyone who got her killed is just bad a video games.

The "water room" in RE4 is not the hardest part of the game, it's not hard at all. I can go through it with TMP alone, no stock.
To be fair; as a character, she's kind of meh and I think the new characters in RE5 and RE6 are more interesting characters.

However AI wise; she's a lot better than partner AI in RE5 lol. Like she stays behind Leon when you are close to her while aiming or she can duck when you aim next to her so that you can't accidentally hit her. You even control her at castle and can give items you collected to Leon. Plus you can hide her in dumpster. I think the water room is hard though; I remember dying there couple times on my 1st playthrough but I liked the challenge.

Meanwhile in RE5; Sheva wastes ammo and doesn't perform melee most of the time. She can even waste herbs, why waste a green herb instead of waiting a bit more and use a 1st aid spray / mixed herb when I'm in caution? And playing as Sheva feels even worse cause she's left handed and Chris' AI is even more dumber which causes even more unnecessary frustration.

RE5 AI isn't that bad but it's still unnecessarily frustrating. Granted; it could have been worse ( Looks at RE0 and Revelations. ) but still. Really prefer RE6 and its partner system over RE5's; it's so much better.

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
How is moira obnoxious? She has a great character development throught the game. Idk what you mean with last sentence either.

Agreed with your opinion about steve.
Because Claire doesn't know how to talk with Natalia in Revelations 2 ( She's good kids in RE2 and Degeneration; meanwhile she isn't here for some reason. ) and Moira immediately steals her role and talks with a softer tone to Natalia instead.

And on my god; their dialogue between them when talking about Neil....

Moira: Claire, Natalia.
Claire: No.

Minutes later...

Moira: Claire, Natalia.
Claire: No.

More minutes later...

Moira: Claire, your boyfriend. ( This happens completely out of nowhere with no build up; there was no indication. )
Claire: NO!

It's so cringe. Oh and forgot to say this in your " Mainline RE Story Ranking " thread but in the beginning part of the game; Claire picks up a gun and literally says " It's more reliable than any person. " . WHAT? She criticised Steve for saying that in RECV and yet she says it here for no reason. What the hell?

With character development; you're most likely referring to Moira saving Natalia at the end which happens in Barry's campaign instead of Claire's. But that ( or Claire helping them with helicopter and blowing Alex with a rocket launcher ) still doesn't save those characters from being terrible IMO.

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
No, what I said is true. Obviously the entire BSAA was looking for him, I'm talking about the main characters not random people. He was ruined harder in 7 but 6 was bad enough.

Jill's "rehabilitation" is a nonsense excuse by Capcom, it's just easier to say that than putting yet another big character in a game, so it's understandable but still stupid. They'll keep saying that until they figure out how to bring her back.
I loved RE6 ( It's a lot better than RE5 IMO. ) and Chris as well as his story and character development in the game but I have to agree with you and N7Valentine somewhat. Jill, Claire and Barry definitely should have appeared or mentioned ( Yes, Claire is mentioned but not enough. ) in the game, also it's really stupid how Sheva is mentioned in files while Jill isn't. I think " ruined " is a very harsh word for RE6 Chris, though they definitely ruined him in Vendetta and RE7.

I've said this multiple times already but I really don't get why Capcom needed that mediocre Revelations 2 when it should have been a part of RE6. I'm also not sure why BSAA needed 6 freaking months to find a giant muscular guy like Chris; he could have been found earlier.

As for Piers, well it's more of those guys' at BSAA HQ fault if anything since they forced him to take leadership for the search instead of giving that to a more experienced operative ( like Jill ), temporarily give him Chris' captain rank and ordered him to bring Chris back to battlefield in a hurry. He was basically stressed after all those pressure from BSAA which is understandable plus he isn't as experienced as Chris and Jill. And it only gets worse when Chris gets blinded by revenge and chases after invisible Iluzija without a plan. So I think we need to look at the situation from both Chris' and Piers' perspective.

I also agree with Jill's rehabilitation excuse in Revelations 2 not making any sense; she could have been perfectly fine and ready for battlefield in less than a year or something. What, do they really think she's a pussy and needed to ruin her more after what they did to her in RE5?

Capcom also made a similar mistake in Revelations 2 by not making Chris appear ( Meanwhile Barry appears to ask her where's Moira but Chris, Claire's brother, doesn't. ) after Claire jumped off from a tower and got taken to a hospital to know Claire's status. He doesn't appear at the end of Barry's campaign with Claire as a cameo character either, like what the hell?

Last edited:

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
The Claire side has always been awful, but that drawing Dangerousbride made about Jill and Chris is nice. It's the first time it takes a more wholesome approach instead of the creepy "autistic Claire" thing
Maybe, but this portrays Jill as desperately craving for Chris' D lol

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
However, when it comes to Jill's absence, it never made sense to me. Basically Capcom tells me that it's okay to send Chris back on the battlefield, who suffers from PTSD, alcoholism and amnesia but Jill can't be used? That's a contradiction, my dear fellas.

If they wanted to clarify that Jill is still tested on/not ready for missions, RE6 could've easily mentioned her but instead we had to wait for Revelations 2 in a secret file to reveal her Post-RE5 fate. And even that was just convenience for them to excuse her (now 11 years) absence.

I don't think RE6 ruined Chris but his story was contrived. It's more or less a rehash of RE5 with the drama amped up to 12. Hell, so many years have passed but still no Chris/Barry team up. Wtf?

Top Bottom