• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE6 Why RE6 is one of the best RE's

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Personally, I have no issue with Leon. Others may feel he is overrated. I think I like Chris just a bit more because he was there since day one.

However, Leon is great in the action games too, and the movies, and because of his role as an agent, he gets the international adventures. I also really like Chris and his, "I am tired of this shit taken away the ones I care about" approach.

But his RE7 model is horrible. His RE8 redesign is not bad, but I think he is gonna retire soon. Unless all the games he will be in will be prequels to the DLC, as it does proceed quite far into the future, with Chris announced to still be alive.

One downside to using fan favourites though is that it can take away from the horror feel. If they are used to it, as you the player is, you cannot be creeped out.
I feel that leon becoming a government agent along with sherry made him more relevant to storyline, especially since us made dealings with umbrella and the family was the main reason for the country's corruption. Since re6 delves into this the most, ı find leon's utilization the best there along with other returning characters. I wished they delved into government corruption plot much more but vendetta keeps important story info in the novel while infinite darkness is set in the past. Wonder how death island will turn out.

I feel that leon becoming a government agent along with sherry made him more relevant to storyline, especially since us made dealings with umbrella and the family was the main reason for the country's corruption. Since re6 delves into this the most, ı find leon's utilization the best there along with other returning characters. I wished they delved into government corruption plot much more but vendetta keeps important story info in the novel while infinite darkness is set in the past. Wonder how death island will turn out.

These BioHazard: RE6 bashers spent more energy bashing BioHazard: RE6 than fighting for universal healthcare in the United States of America. If that doesn't put the 'evil' in resident evil, I don't know what does.

A decade since the game originally REleased in 2012, I love BioHazard: RE6 enough to say that Adam Benford philosophically influenced me to pursue a US Presidential campaign of my own. Adam Benford was so close to REvealing US federal government collusion with Umbrella Corporation but Derrick Simmons then assassinated him. Even though Adam Benford was a 3D polygonal videogame character in BioHazard: RE6, he was the truly best USA President of my lifetime!🧠🎮🗳️

The reason I am completely done with GameFAQs is because if you say anything they perceive as wrong over there, you get slagged off. There's nothing wrong with liking RE6. It's just part of the action trilogy that is 4, 5 and 6.

I never understood why people hated 5 and especially 6, when they aren't too dissimilar to the gameplay in RE4.

You shoot enemies. Grab items. Pull levers. Run towards doors. Repeat.

The reason I am completely done with GameFAQs is because if you say anything they perceive as wrong over there, you get slagged off. There's nothing wrong with liking RE6. It's just part of the action trilogy that is 4, 5 and 6.

I never understood why people hated 5 and especially 6, when they aren't too dissimilar to the gameplay in RE4.

You shoot enemies. Grab items. Pull levers. Run towards doors. Repeat.

CapCom originally intended BioHazard: RE1 to have co-operative multiplayer. Logically, BioHazard: RE5 and BioHazard: RE6 are a sequential REcombination of that original intent with the otherwise BioHazard: RE4 gameplay template!🧠🎮

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
CapCom originally intended BioHazard: RE1 to have co-operative multiplayer. Logically, BioHazard: RE5 and BioHazard: RE6 are a sequential REcombination of that original intent with the otherwise BioHazard: RE4 gameplay template!🧠🎮
Honestly ı would have liked if re1 would be redone in a way both chris and jill's scenarios would connect to each other. In re2, this happens and re6 expands this even more. Seeing all surviving stars members in the same story would be great. But after re engine, ı dont think that would happen and ı definitely dont want to see more " remakes " .

Given the PS1 hardware limitations back then, you aren't completely wrong. BioHazard: RE5 & 6 were REleased 1 hardware generation after the otherwise PS2 REleases of BioHazard: Outbreak File #1 and Outbreak File #2.
It shows very well in re6, especially due to eiichiro sasaki returning to direct it after outbreak games. I still think sasaki-suga team up is the best and most passionate project in the series, even kobayashi and hirabayashi returned to work on the game together as producers. The amount of quality and effort put into the game is very high.

I played RE6 on my PS3 because I used to have a PS3 disc copy but still have a digital copy for PS3.

I would love to buy and play a Japanese PS4 disc copy for livestreaming but on the flipside, the worldwide Steam RElease has a downloadable Arabic subtitles option. I'll probably buy both a PS4 REpublication and Steam digital REpublication. If CapCom added an Arabic subtitles option on home consoles, that would have been a cherry on top with an RE game that I already enjoyed on its' own merits.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I played RE6 on my PS3 because I used to have a PS3 disc copy but still have a digital copy for PS3.

I would love to buy and play a Japanese PS4 disc copy for livestreaming but on the flipside, the worldwide Steam RElease has a downloadable Arabic subtitles option. I'll probably buy both a PS4 REpublication and Steam digital REpublication. If CapCom added an Arabic subtitles option on home consoles, that would have been a cherry on top with an RE game that I already enjoyed on its' own merits.

I have it on ps3 too. I quite enjoyed it there. However my ps3's memory has been wiped out and ı need to start from stratch. I dont think ı'll get it on ps4 though since other than ps3, x360 and pc; re net has been disabled for future ports.

I have it on ps3 too. I quite enjoyed it there. However my ps3's memory has been wiped out and ı need to start from stratch. I dont think ı'll get it on ps4 though since other than ps3, x360 and pc; re net has been disabled for future ports.

The only explanation is because the latter ports didn't even contain the slightest of new content for BioHazard: RE6.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The only explanation is because the latter ports didn't even contain the slightest of new content for BioHazard: RE6.
They have no mercy and switch port allows to use ex costumes in campaigns along with more additions however the method of unlocking ex costumes is different. I dont remember the method but ı think it depended on playing the extra game modes. And compared to pc, no mercy mode has less characters since it doesnt have assets recycled from l4d2.

Yep. I certainly miss the genuine RE storylines about viruses in cities and mansions. It seems Capcom is nostalgia daft, which explains why so many replica Spencer estates appear throughout the franchise. But it just feels as if they want to go back to that era, but the action oriented side of it is still their main focus, despite "going back to the roots" with RE7.

But now with the parasites and the mould, it ain't the same series any more, by the look of things. The storylines and bosses are also incredibly far out now. Even for RE standards, they don't feel akin to enemies we faced in RE games on the PS2, etc. More like someone you're bound to come across in Dark Souls or The Howling. LOL.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yep. I certainly miss the genuine RE storylines about viruses in cities and mansions. It seems Capcom is nostalgia daft, which explains why so many replica Spencer estates appear throughout the franchise. But it just feels as if they want to go back to that era, but the action oriented side of it is still their main focus, despite "going back to the roots" with RE7.

But now with the parasites and the mould, it ain't the same series any more, by the look of things. The storylines and bosses are also incredibly far out now. Even for RE standards, they don't feel akin to enemies we faced in RE games on the PS2, etc. More like someone you're bound to come across in Dark Souls or The Howling. LOL.
I miss progenitor storyline too. The time where its influence is showcased the most is still re6 to me due to c-virus being a combo of g and t-veronica that explodes their potential through a much larger scale than ever before. Meanwhile re7-village waste time with a dumbass mold that doesnt even fit in line with bio-real world, they feel like " reboots " as told in one of the leaks, same thing as re2-3-4r which are also " reboots " .

Hollywood is doing the same shit nowadays. Some sequels are set in a different timeline. For example, in the Terminator movies as of late, they ignore the fact that Linda Hamilton was already killed off before the events of the third film, just so old Arnie and old Linda could team up. Then the movie was a critical failure.

LOL. So I see the RE games now as a cash cow. Because I told so many people countless times on shitty, mostly abandoned forums and YouTube that it's all about the dollars with Capcom, and only 2% of people noticed me, or cared. Plus, 98% of forums online are dead. It's quite boring talking to yourself.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Re6 was released today 11 years ago. Happy birthday re6! My number 1 favourite game in the series and ı still think it has the best story, characters, gameplay, acting and animation in the entire series. Thank you for making me a fan back in 2013. I'm very happy that capcom made re4r as re6 inspired as possible as well.

RE6 is so unappreciated, which is funny, because 6 plays better than 4 and 5. Not being confined to the spot like a moron in 4 and 5 meant you could do more. I'm so glad the RE4 remake made it you could move around. 6 is also the only action RE game with a virus and zombies, while 4 and 5 have villagers, parasites and a non urban feel.

I also feel like CV has been shit on like this too, going off of feedback on forums and YouTube, and even Capcom acting like it's a spin off.

If that's the case, it's still like one of the most important games in the franchise - ever. The Ashfords. Wesker confronting Chris. The Redfield siblings being reunited. So it needed a remake also, but then Capcom skipped it for 4 to make the big dough.

I'm not saying 4 should have been ignored. But it's pretty clear 4 was made a priority choice because it's a legendary game. But I felt as if 4 could have been pushed to 2024 or 2025, so CV could be made first, as remaking games out of order feels kind of strange. However, I know at the end of the day, 4 won because it's the apex or pinnacle of RE to a lot of fans.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
RE6 is so unappreciated, which is funny, because 6 plays better than 4 and 5. Not being confined to the spot like a moron in 4 and 5 meant you could do more. I'm so glad the RE4 remake made it you could move around. 6 is also the only action RE game with a virus and zombies, while 4 and 5 have villagers, parasites and a non urban feel.

I also feel like CV has been shit on like this too, going off of feedback on forums and YouTube, and even Capcom acting like it's a spin off.

If that's the case, it's still like one of the most important games in the franchise - ever. The Ashfords. Wesker confronting Chris. The Redfield siblings being reunited. So it needed a remake also, but then Capcom skipped it for 4 to make the big dough.

I'm not saying 4 should have been ignored. But it's pretty clear 4 was made a priority choice because it's a legendary game. But I felt as if 4 could have been pushed to 2024 or 2025, so CV could be made first, as remaking games out of order feels kind of strange. However, I know at the end of the day, 4 won because it's the apex or pinnacle of RE to a lot of fans.
I agree. With re4r's release, ı saw some asking for re6r even before re5r got announced. According to them, it would " fix " the game somehow despite the game being perfectly fine for what it is. They even made re4r play much more like re6 and despite that, this " remake " hype train never stops where ı saw many asking for more over and over. I wished new game stories returned to ots perspective with re4r's gameplay taken as inspiration rather than the 1st person route which ı cant stand at all.

I watched this video just yesterday regarding RE 6, I think it raises some interesting points about the game

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I watched this video just yesterday regarding RE 6, I think it raises some interesting points about the game
I remember watching that video before. If ı remember correctly, he gave praise to chris and jake's campaigns while disliking leon and ada's campaigns at the same time. I agree with the praises he gives to chris and jake's campaigns at least. I still took a quick look though and it says that " Not a good resident evil game. " statement that ı previously saw and still see some elitists keep saying it over and over. Like... if something is good, then it's good. If it's bad, then it's bad. Plain and simple. Re6 when ı played it for the 1st time succeeded at being a good game to me so in my opinion it's a good re entry as well as even a good survival horror entry automatically. But try telling this at popular places and re6 haters would probably pop out of nowhere with the holy sacred " survival horror " and " canon " talks that still keep happening in the fandom, they are so boring and repetitive.

Top Bottom