• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Resident Evil Villains

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think morpheus would have turned out more interesting if he was a member of hcf unit that belongs to wxc who grows a crush on alexia and that could have been an additional reason which would cause him to alter his gender instead of a simple beauty obsession causing that. I always found it entertaining how wesker gets tricked by alexia in og version of recv, ı would have liked that to carry on.

I still think the whole " creating a kingdom without unleashing a virus " plot point would exist as a backstory.

I also wished that they allowed sugimura to expand nazi themes added to umbrella during those 4 years between recv and dead aim. I'm quite not sure what was happening at 1999, 2000 and 2001. It's later on explained in suga's script that project ada seems to start in 1999 and 2 years later, c-virus development seems to start before t-veronica was obtained 1 year later but still more would have been nice. Infinite darkness also puts its flashback events in 2000 and ı find that year's events much more interesting than the entire movie's events happening in 2006. Maybe the 2nd season or even the manga would be able to focus more on that or something?

That 4 year gap quite bothers me. Not as much as 2007 and 2008 years but still.

I still dont understand why wxc along with hcf unit wasnt interested in t+g virus. I understand the appeal of making survivor entries without forcing wesker's influence to them but he still could have been kept as a shadow figure acting behind the scenes without kato's drunken nonsense. I think us government would also be able to obtain it as well. It could have been another progression from past just like g and t-veronica coming back later but its potential seems to get destroyed just like ne-alpha parasite. Wouldnt christine henry have the sample to develop more additional strains? It could have reached to other hands through some means. I dont think that file in n64 version of re2 was meant to be dismissed just like the exclusive other ones in that port's version.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I've been thinking more about this and imo albert and alex should have been the only test subjects for spencer's ultimate vision. I would have preferred if they were the only children kidnapped to be raised under umbrella and they would be siblings. The " albert " and " alex " would also be codenames given to them. They would have actually shared the same surname along with their actual name not being known as a mystery. That would have been far more interesting imo as well make them more unique from ashford twins. As it stands ı prefer sugimura's and suga's scripts.

I also think that alexander should have been handled differently. He wouldnt have been infected 1st but instead a random umbrella researcher would. I would have preferred if alexander was infected later after alexia adapted to t-veronica and he would have been controlled after becoming infected. Chris would fight against it while claire would fight against that t-veronica test subject instead. I think making steve infected was unnecessary. I cant stand to him dying. I wished merah and piers didnt die either but at least they were soldiers who sacrificed their lives while steve was a kid.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I wouldnt have minded if tricell made it to re6. Re5 doesnt give them a satisfying conclusion and ı cant stand to seeing excella mutating and dying. I enjoy her as a sassy antagonist but ı still wished they made her much more sympathetic by making her help jill or something. The way the story revolves around wesker downplays everyone's journey.

It was 1st referred as " S(eashell) " during ada's report in re4. Degeneration revealed the company's actual name at the end. And in re5, they get an anti-climactic defeat.

I would have preferred suga to conclude the company in re6. The game revolves around ada more than before after all. I like the backstory in re5 a lot but it doesnt serve much of a purpose sadly. I wished they gave suga more freedom to do whatever he wants.

Rerev's cliffhanger along with infinite darkness' tricell reference dont serve much purpose either. It's possible re6 could have followed from rerev much more but in re5; tricell gets destroyed. I feel like raymond and jessica should have got arrested at the end of rerev instead of escaping. And infinite darkness also feels forced to timeline. The ending " connects " to re6 ı guess and ı like seeing leon trying to protect claire but ı still dont think forcing him to hide the chip inside the government is that interesting. The chip getting destroyed by falling inside the acid would work much better ı think.

It also makes me wonder what will he do with the chip ada left to him at the end of re6. That was used to clear their names as well as reassure helena back to her line of work but ıdk if leon will try to prove about ada being innocent. I'm sure he put 2-2 together and realised that the person he defended from chris was a different one but ı guess he will keep it a secret to himself before drowning himself in depression.

" Actually, there were more than a few times when I thought about putting a lead bullet in my head out of despair. "

I can see that happening at anytime.

He has no idea if he's gonna be successful or not. He could get covertly assassinated at any time. I dont think those family assassins would just sit and wait for the death to come up to them. They might commit mass genocide inside the country due to the existence of the secret entity being revealed.

If they can blow a car according to vendetta novel, then they might commit mass genocide too.

I'm still not sure how a game about taking down disgusting government officials that are actually part of that secret entity rather than the corrupt ones that are affected by it would work but ı guess the family will get concluded off-screen.

That will happen before los iluminados will come out of nowhere again and they will team up with umbrella.

I think that Chris and Leon are on the verge of a breakdown. Hunting zombies and monsters for years has taken their toll on them mentally and physically.

I also believe they must be close to sadly, retiring. Which has to be expected. They are getting on a bit, huh?

It's great that we have new characters being introduced. The trick is not to overuse them. Or they're bound to end up being overpowered as well. Whether they genuinely have powers, or you meant their overall experience.

Ethan has already had two adventures under his belt, so if he had gained inhuman powers and shit, the series would be a bit laughable.

However, having powers in RE games is perhaps not necessarily a stupid concept in itself. The primary point of RE is that terrorism occurs when they want super humanoids to be created for mass murder. So having powers, whether you wanted them or not, is fair play in this particular gaming universe, as this has basically been the goal of Umbrella, etc, since pretty much day one.

From a gameplay standpoint though, it can cause a deviation of the formulaic aspects. But I think people sometimes forget the possibilities the franchise has opened up, and unfairly think it's dumb, when it's not really that dumb.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think that Chris and Leon are on the verge of a breakdown. Hunting zombies and monsters for years has taken their toll on them mentally and physically.

I also believe they must be close to sadly, retiring. Which has to be expected. They are getting on a bit, huh?

It's great that we have new characters being introduced. The trick is not to overuse them. Or they're bound to end up being overpowered as well. Whether they genuinely have powers, or you meant their overall experience.

Ethan has already had two adventures under his belt, so if he had gained inhuman powers and shit, the series would be a bit laughable.

However, having powers in RE games is perhaps not necessarily a stupid concept in itself. The primary point of RE is that terrorism occurs when they want super humanoids to be created for mass murder. So having powers, whether you wanted them or not, is fair play in this particular gaming universe, as this has basically been the goal of Umbrella, etc, since pretty much day one.

From a gameplay standpoint though, it can cause a deviation of the formulaic aspects. But I think people sometimes forget the possibilities the franchise has opened up, and unfairly think it's dumb, when it's not really that dumb.
I wonder if re9 or whatever it becomes will feature chris. I wished they stopped using him cause the way he's utilized in re7 and revillage doesnt really serve much purpose. Entire re engine simulation feels like one giant experiment as a way to imitate re4 while following umbrella corps. Wesker is chris' biggest fan so of course chris will appear while he will be forced to act out of character due to wesker's intentional oversight. Meanwhile jill will be ignored for... Probably forever.

I wished they concluded umbrella as soon as possible while giving ada and wesker their own game without anyone else returning but ıdk if that will ever happen. I wished ada tricked wesker into his final defeat once and for all. With a new alias of course. That being ada becoming " linda " .

I'm cross at Capcom for having Jill absent. Yeah. There's no doubt about that. But her redesign in the RE3 remake is absolutely crap. She looked good in the spin offs. They basically had her looking like she was in RE5. Sort of like Nina Williams, in my opinion.

But this RE Engine makes some iconic characters look awful. :(

Anyway, I happened to watch a video by this YouTuber called NightCrawler, where he dissected a terrible review of the RE2 remake by this guy called J.

The dude didn't even know the creature in the sewers is an alligator, having called it a "T-Rex." Doesn't seem like the chap even played any of the original games either. He said it didn't "belong in the game" for some reason. LOL. :p

See, it's okay to have started with RE4, etc. But at least do your homework on the franchise as a whole, especially before making lame review videos. :D

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I'm cross at Capcom for having Jill absent. Yeah. There's no doubt about that. But her redesign in the RE3 remake is absolutely crap. She looked good in the spin offs. They basically had her looking like she was in RE5. Sort of like Nina Williams, in my opinion.

But this RE Engine makes some iconic characters look awful. :(

Anyway, I happened to watch a video by this YouTuber called NightCrawler, where he dissected a terrible review of the RE2 remake by this guy called J.

The dude didn't even know the creature in the sewers is an alligator, having called it a "T-Rex." Doesn't seem like the chap even played any of the original games either. He said it didn't "belong in the game" for some reason. LOL. :p

See, it's okay to have started with RE4, etc. But at least do your homework on the franchise as a whole, especially before making lame review videos. :D

I find reviews boring. They usually get things wrong one way or another and they overall feel like waste of time. I watched some re6 ones to understand what the hell its critics were trying to convey but ı prefer dismissing them completely these days. There were also a few good ones but they get diluted by extremely pessimictic ones that are painful to understand.

Top Bottom