• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Resident Evil Villains

I was thinking about villains in RE and I really think 2 enemies working together during RE 8 or a spinoff would be interesting? (but without any sort of betrayals between them) Birkin and Wesker kind of worked like that in RE Zero. What I mean is that usually there is only one big villain and he has some henchmen to aid him but what if for some future game there is some sort of combo of bad guys and basically by the end of the game you think you killed one of them but his partner in crime shows up and assimilates his dead friend (not exactly the same way Wesker escaped death with progenitor, but maybe something like the remaining villain is able to "absorb" the skills and Memories of his dead friend) and once this second villain does that, he knows its your character who killed his friend and will proceed to create a trap to destroy the hero (leaving this plot open for RE 9 or a spinoff game). I think this would be top similar to what happened in Metal Gear Solid though, when Liquid Snake fused with Ocelot to become Liquid Ocelot... ?

Speaking of RE villains - anyone ever notice this callback to Saddler in Lucas’s bday puzzle?

Attachments

• 0A892FAB-C8CC-45DA-8C21-5C180C12BB87.jpeg
    0A892FAB-C8CC-45DA-8C21-5C180C12BB87.jpeg
    470.6 KB · Views: 4
The takedown of Red Umbrella should have been a main numbered entry. I will never understand why such an important event in the storyline was undermined so badly. UC was decent enough, but the whole thing feels underwhelming.

Sergi Valdimir was another villain with wasted potential that could have been flushed out more. His position at Umbrella really ruffled Wesker’s feathers. I was always intrigued by the relationships between villains.

Come to think of it, none of them ever managed to get along save for the Ashford twins and Alex admiring Albert.
Sergi Valdimir exists only to explain where Umbrella clones all these tyrants from.

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
My favourite villains are Albert Wesker, Alexia Ashford and Carla Radames.

The worst ones IMO are the villains in RE7 and Revelations; can't even remember their name.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Top 10 list

Alexia, alfred, wesker, carla, simmons, alex, william, annette, hunk and krauser.

Honorable mention: Nicholai

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think nicholai could have appeared in umbrella's end scenario. Umbrella chronicles files seem to confirm that he survived re3's events due to sergei congratulating him. Hunk could appear too.

I guess capcom could include them in blue umbrella plot point...

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think lansdale is a wasted villain; he gets arrested at the end of rerev and his status is unknown. It's possible he might have died at jail in an anti-climactic way off screen. Neil tries to revive fbc but he fails too; at least his boss battle is decent with 2 possible ways to finish him off. Meanwhile rerev is too busy being a dull entry.

I dont think simmons is wasted villain; if he didnt die, he would have got arrested since leon / helena got the evidence to prove his crimes and his status would have been same as lansdale's / davis' situation. Not to mention fos hacked com between him and his men. That evidence might prove ada's innocent as well though unfortunately according to hunnigan; the government wont disclose this info to public due to the family still being active and them selecting a new leader after simmons' death. Regardless ı'm just glad that carla managed to turn him into a zoo simulator; ı felt sympathy for her just like alexia, krauser and bindi. Simmons deserves all that punishment.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think wesker's death in re5 is a wasted potential. He should have died to 4 or even 5 rockets instead of 2. Ex-stars team and sheva get to fire the rockets and the chopper contains 5 rpgs instead of 2.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Krauser in re4 should had been bruce from dead aim and he should had appeared in darkside chronicles as well.

Arias should had been a survivor of neo umbrella who wants revenge from bsaa and dso for them ruining carla's plans instead of los illuminados, that way the movie could be connected better connected to re6. Damnation was already a re4 rehash; there wasnt any need for another re4 rehash. Oh and his men along with maria should had been connected to neo umbrella too.

Svetlana is another missed potential, her status is unknown just like lansdale. I guess we can speculate that she died in jail or something just like lansdale.

Morpheus should had been a female instead of a male obsessed with beauty. The gender changing stuff isnt used well other than devs wanting a female tyrant just for the sake of it.

Umbrella corps should had never gave a hint about wesker, he died capcom. Let the old man rest in his death bed please. Reviving him would be stupid; doesnt matter how much explanation people might have for it.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The conflict wasnt over. The files say that c-virus is mutating while making vaccine obselete and jake faces some bows at the secret ending. Meaning carla's conflict still lives on some part of the world. The game left plot threads to be followed up upon unlike re5 which didnt really leave anything to be followed up upon. And yet re5 got multiple follow-up along with prequels while re6 only have 2 prequels and no follow up.

Vendetta could had been a re6 sequel but instead the movie is another re4 rehash. They could had made arias a neo umbrella spy inside the us government who decides to betray them to revive carla's plan. He would use c and enhanced c to do this and honestly it would have turned out better imo. ( He could obtain normal c through some other means, jake's secret ending alludes that some of carla's creations still lives on some part of the world. Make him obtain normal c through that way and enhanced c through simmons' corpse. ) Novel for it also has some re6 plot info that's not included in the movie and instead leon's character at some point is messed up. ( Him not giving a reaction to those car crashes which have civilians inside. )

It might feel cheap but the existance of los illuminados feels more cheap imo since re4 decides to focus on them while killing umbrella in the intro. And ıdk what they even thought about reviving that cult in the movie; it doesnt add that much of anything.

I enjoyed the movie but the story was disappointment. The other 2 have better stories. I wished shotaro suga was alive and wrote this movie; ı enjoyed his 2 movies more tbh. Plus ı really like darkside chronicles and re6 which are underrated gems to me.

This is just Carla's creation and legacy. Alexia's conflict was over a long time ago, but we still feel her influence.

Carla is dead. Simmons is dead, too. Chris saved the world from Carla's weapon, which was a backup plan after her death and the story came to a logical conclusion. Even the local lines of Helena and Chris were also completed.

I don't dispute that plot threads were left out, but they always remain for other games and other stories. So is Wesker's Umbrella in Resident Evil 4, and so is Alex Wesker in Resident Evil 5. They're just Chekhov's guns. They were hanged, but they may or may not shoot.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
But those plot threads are relevant to re6's story while " wesker's umbrella " and alex arent relevant to those games' stories. So they arent as important for re4 and re5 as re6's plot threads are for re6.

Carla didnt have back up plan other than creating more enhanced strains for simmons just in case something goes wrong; her main plan was destroying the world with haos while continuously mutating simmons' body with enhanced along with her creations roaming around the world. The attacks on china were distraction to give time to haos' completion just like how tricell's attack on kijuju was one so that uroboros wouldnt be easily stopped.

But anyways; ı hope those hanged guns will shoot but it's also possible that capcom might screw that up just like how umbrella and its destruction was in re4 and umbrella chronicles.

It really makes sense.

If you haven't read The Castle, the entire artistic space of this work is limited to the village and the inaccessible castle. Time flows irrationally there, because it is primarily a metaphor through which the signs of reality are visible. The castle itself is quite concrete, and at the same time it is a mirage. I suppose the road to it is the road to God, and the village is just a prototype of our earthly world.

And speaking of Resident Evil, in the remake of the first game, we could find not only Kafka's book, but also pictures of Spencer's castle from Resident Evil 3.5. Even then, this reminiscence could exist, and the new game gives it a second chance.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Was browsing through a video's comment section and saw this comment about re7; ı agree with it, wished it happened:

" It's barely connected to the Series prior (but not as egregious as when 4 did it), and the sad thing is that they only needed a few changes and it would have been remedied. The D-Series and E-Series Mold should have been from the C-Virus (especially considering D and E are the letters right after C). Eveline should have been the remnants of Carla Radames who has forgotten pretty much everything other than her ever-increasing desire for love and family and (and forcing said family under her control) after being betrayed by Simmons, who she loved. Her needs have been brought back to their childage and most basic form. They could have the ship be the one she was on at the end of 6 where the Connections took the opportunity to capture it during the chaos in China.With these story changes we could have had pre-Mold Zombies, maybe Molded Crows, (I don't know about Pre-Mold/Mold Cerberus), and The Evil Eye (that's been around since Resident Evil 2) that Jack had in his Boss Fight where Ethan shoots one of Serums into him would have made since as the C-Virus has the G-Virus in it (mixed with the T-Veronica Virus). "

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I like how carla calls wesker " colossal imbecile " mainly cause his failed plan in re5 was kinda anti-climactic since they didnt make that much use of uroboros in re5.

It's a reference to this too:

Carla also appeared in marhawa desire, after wesker who appeared in prelude to the fall manga, she's the next villain that appears in a manga.

She surely succeeded some of her plans too like infecting simmons and causing chaos in china as well as some other parts around the world.

I also love this fan art:

I wonder about ada's reaction if this happened.

I'd have to say that my all time favorite villain is Wesker, though my second favorite would probably be Heisenberg. He oozes so much character in the few minutes he is shown that he easily becomes the most memorable outside of Dimitrescue (because of horny gamers like Markiplier). Third place goes to William due to his unique mutations and how he kept going even after falling in a pit twice, taking excessive damage from gun fire on 6 different occasions, and only dying after getting blown up by a train's self destruct system.

Top Bottom