• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Resident Evil Villains

Here's a thread all about the villains of Resident Evil/Biohazard. Discuss what your favorite villains are in the series. What are your worst? Which and what kind of villains do you want to see in future games?

Addendum: Villainous groups and organisations can technically fit here, but keep the topic on individuals and characters please.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Alexia and alfred are my most favourite villains.

Worst villains are 3a7 and eveline imo.

Last edited:
+ Simmons had a lot of potential and was killed off way too fast imo.

- Eveline was the most ungrounded part of an otherwise grounded realistic entry.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Some honorable mentions: Albert and alex wesker, william and annette birkin, carla, simmons, marcus, spencer, hunk, irons, krauser, sergei, javier, nikolai and jack baker.

Dishonorable mentions: Marguerite and lucas baker, norman and lansdale.

Last edited:
+ Simmons had a lot of potential and was killed off way too fast imo.

- Eveline was the most ungrounded part of an otherwise grounded realistic entry.
Eveline was very grounded.
Do you know the story?

Totally agree with Simmons.
Wasted potential.
RE 6 files indicate another Family head was selected but nothing ever came of it.

The Family was certainly interested with the enhanced C that had Jake’s blood:

-
"Most of Derek's will as a human no longer remains. After that, the U.S. agents should certainly destroy him.
Still, what is the virus Derek received? Although it seems to be based on the C-Virus, its mutations are clearly unlike anything on record. It's probably something Ada and Neo Umbrella created.
If there's a sample it will be necessary to obtain it, we need to study it. We'll begin a search"

Regarding them selecting a new head:

"The death of Derek C. Simmons is confirmed.
Neo Umbrella will also be mopped-up soon.
The Family's new leader has been selected.
Let us continue to work for global stability"

What
And that's what makes him a villain, he's following the orders of umbrella corps organization.
What are you on about? Yes he made money unethically but he’s just a mercenary.
You must bear in mind Red Umbrella did things to him such as drugging him and placing him in a recreated Raccoon City and even Beatrice was ordered by her supervisors to have him killed when they no longer had any use for him.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
My favorites are Carla Radames and Alex Wesker

-Carla: She managed to wreak havoc world-wide and she roasted Chris

"With your track record I gotta say, I'd hate to be a member of your team, Chris."

-Alex: Because she's still alive. Hopefully she'll be used again!

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
What

What are you on about? Yes he made money unethically but he’s just a mercenary.
You must bear in mind Red Umbrella did things to him such as drugging him and placing him in a recreated Raccoon City and even Beatrice was ordered by her supervisors to have him killed when they no longer had any use for him.
Which he survived and the researchers in umbrella corps started calling him " grim reaper " . Besides they killed beatrice due to failing to kill 3a7 and it's not stated anywhere that 3a7 left the organization after the events of the experiment.

My favorite 4 characters in general all happen to be villians: Both Weskers and both Baker parents. All these characters ooze personality, have depth, are distinct, are intimidating, and are otherwise just cool.
Lucas is close, and I love many more, from Irons to Carla to Birkin to Eveline. And of course the source of it all, Spencer.

My least favorite is easily Morpheus. Not only is his entire character revolving around a gimmick (and a silly one at that), but there is no explanation or further meaning to his ideals other than "he's crazy". He was really made the way he was so the devs could make a female Tyrant, yet why not use a female villian then? Or at least provide a solid backstory to justify his personality.
His plans are also stupid, and I find it hard to believe could convince anyone to follow him.

Just to clarify, 3A7 works for Blue Umbrella. Red Umbrella ended in 2003, then when Umbrella came back in 2007 they became Blue.

Red = classic pharmaceutical Umbrella with Spencer in charge (RE1-3, CV, TUC, etc)
Blue = new PMC Umbrella with new management. (UCorps, RE7)

The red version of the BU logo seen in UCorps is the symbol of BU's secret forces (essentially USS 2.0).

Last edited:
My favorite 4 characters in general all happen to be villians: Both Weskers and both Baker parents. All these characters ooze personality, have depth, are distinct, are intimidating, and are otherwise just cool.
Lucas is close, and I love many more, from Irons to Carla to Birkin to Eveline. And of course the source of it all, Spencer.

My least favorite is easily Morpheus. Not only is his entire character revolving around a gimmick (and a silly one at that), but there is no explanation or further meaning to his ideals other than "he's crazy". He was really made the way he was so the devs could make a female Tyrant, yet why not use a female villian then? Or at least provide a solid backstory to justify his personality.
His plans are also stupid, and I find it hard to believe could convince anyone to follow him.

Just to clarify, 3A7 works for Blue Umbrella. Red Umbrella ended in 2003, then when Umbrella came back in 2007 they became Blue.

Red = classic pharmaceutical Umbrella with Spencer in charge (RE1-3, CV, TUC, etc)
Blue = new PMC Umbrella with new management. (UCorps, RE7)

The red version of the BU logo seen in UCorps is the symbol of BU's secret forces (essentially USS 2.0).
Red Umbrella is in the background.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Eveline was very grounded.
Do you know the story?

Totally agree with Simmons.
Wasted potential.
RE 6 files indicate another Family head was selected but nothing ever came of it.

The Family was certainly interested with the enhanced C that had Jake’s blood:

-
"Most of Derek's will as a human no longer remains. After that, the U.S. agents should certainly destroy him.
Still, what is the virus Derek received? Although it seems to be based on the C-Virus, its mutations are clearly unlike anything on record. It's probably something Ada and Neo Umbrella created.
If there's a sample it will be necessary to obtain it, we need to study it. We'll begin a search"

Regarding them selecting a new head:

"The death of Derek C. Simmons is confirmed.
Neo Umbrella will also be mopped-up soon.
The Family's new leader has been selected.
Let us continue to work for global stability"
Sorry for the late reply but the family is actually mentioned in the vendetta novel which is grey canon. Leon is searching for them. Really wished this part made it to the movie. Also the novel mentions that leon is having nightmares due to the death of benford, again would have liked to see this part being added to the movie too. ( I dont agree with simmons or any story part of re6 being wasted potential though. )

So it's possible the family might appear in a future re entry.

Last edited:
The takedown of Red Umbrella should have been a main numbered entry. I will never understand why such an important event in the storyline was undermined so badly. UC was decent enough, but the whole thing feels underwhelming.

Sergi Valdimir was another villain with wasted potential that could have been flushed out more. His position at Umbrella really ruffled Wesker’s feathers. I was always intrigued by the relationships between villains.

Come to think of it, none of them ever managed to get along save for the Ashford twins and Alex admiring Albert.

Top Bottom