• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Name five things you currently hate about Resident Evil...

Because I didn't know if a remake counted as being a part of the same timeline. Unless the remakes and the originals are optional, like how alternative sequels to movies don't replace the original line of sequels. They're just there so you can support either lineage. Like how Spiral is a separate follow up to Ring, but Ring 2 exists at the same time, although one gets ignored.

However, Barry did save Jill and Carlos, so that ending in the third remake may not have been correct.

Because I didn't know if a remake counted as being a part of the same timeline.

It just seemed to me that you asked this question because you found something that made you doubt the canonicity of games. But nothing has changed since then.

New games should be treated as new scenarios. It is important to understand that even the scenarios of classic games did not show events in the way they really happened. Therefore, even contradictions between them do not create actual conflicts in the timeline, since these are only interpretations of these events.

To find out which elements of these games were true and which were not, we must pay attention to other sources that are not written as unreliable stories. For example, in a recent show, Leon said that he was late for his first day at work. This is not the case in the remake, although it does not contradict Leon's character from this game. It was confirmed in an interview that Leon would also be late for the first working day if he had the experience of breaking up with his girlfriend at that moment. But he didn't experience this event in the new version, so it's not so much two different characters as one character in two different contexts. Like Claire, who can kill a Tyrant, even if the right route is the one where she doesn't do it.

Or, for example, one of the issues of the magazine SURVIVE confirmed that Robert Kendo indeed had a wife and daughter, so Emma Kendo is a canon.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yeah russident is right. Reimaginings are canon but they dont replace og games storywise. Remake doesnt replace re1 either.

Honestly if re1 and remake can both exist with their parallel scenarios where both scenarios take place at the same time despite this being impossible in game, there's no reason why chronicles retellings and reimaginings cant exist together with og games either.

Though ı can understand how that can be annoying to figure out. I still prefer re6's storytelling over other re games' storytelling methods.

OK. I get that remakes don't have to necessarily follow the original game's ideas. But I have to question why they even remade RE3 if they were going to axe these locations, and Barry saving Jill was always canon, so I don't see why he couldn't have had a cameo in the remake. It just seems silly, because if everything is canon like you say, then it ruins future games like Revelations 2, because it treated the plot as if Barry was not involved.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I agree with barry not appearing in reimagining. That one bothers me a lot. It still has better ending than re2 2019's 2nd run ending.

And everything isnt canon, fabiano simply said " Both exist at the same time. " . That's all. Gaiden and reorc arent canon.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
" Re4 is best cause it doesnt take itself seriously! It's a nice balance of action and horror! Re6 is worst cause it's full action with no horror! It's full of plot holes and retcons along with nothing making sense! "

" Re4 is a 10 / 10 masterpiece and re6 is a 0 / 10 garbage! "

" Re6 is a cod clone! "

" Who cares about story in re games?! "

Some stupid statements that ı've seen made from fans. I hate those statements.

Thanks. Yeah ı'll try to get better but it's extremely hard. I'm very serious person in real life and ı dont make jokes that much.

As for re6; while ı dont care much for the hate bandwagon these days, ı still find it disgusting. I browsed through internet a lot and saw so many unfair criticisms of re6, it's like they attached to my brain like a parasite and ı cant rip them off. Maybe a very blunt statement to say but that's how it feels like.
RE6 was not the first game to get unnecessary hate. Although I have deeply expressed my distaste for RE8 originally, it’s still my own anecdote experiences with the series that made me feel the way I did about it. If you look at the history of SH for example, SH2 faced backlash for not being a direct sequel and changing enemy designs too much. They didn’t like how disconnected it felt from the first. With movies, John Carpenter’s The Thing was heavily criticized for being too “mean spirited” when audiences were still on the E.T. bandwagon.

So what I am getting at is; don’t let the masses or butt headed fans influence how you feel, because those are your experiences and no one else’s. I celebrate individuality and different opinions even if I don’t agree with them. Respect and maturity are most important for debates and deep lore discussions.

No I haven’t touched it since the day it released. I am hoping the coming DLC will bring me back to it but right now I really don’t care about Ethan’s story or how they are handling the BSAA. Everytime I watch a streamer play and they get to the factory I am reminded of why I disliked it so much. Exploring the village also felt cumbersome and restricted due to invisible walls and when it locked me out of certain sections I was fed up with it.

I’ll get the platinum next year probably but I will need alcohol to make it through this one…

Anything story related to make me care more about the game like RE7 did but longer I hope. I doubt they would hire Ada’s actor for a free DLC so I imagine it will be related to The Duke, Lady D, or Miranda. As for most hated SH, at least back in the day SH2 faced heavy criticism for not being a direct sequel to 1 and being its own thing. People also didn’t like the monster changes and felt the game was empty.

I think the new Umbrella is still good and the plot with the bioweapons in 8 was to throw us off the scent... :D

Just a strange feeling.

Well, I don't blame you or anyone for such feelings, but the intentions of the developers were not understood.

Umbrella never died. Resident Evil 4 established that Wesker is the leader of Umbrella, which went underground, and The Umbrella Chronicles explained how this happened. Albert stole the "essence" of the company, so the baton passed to him.

Even the era of bioterrorism in the series began to justify the resurrection of the legal side of Umbrella. Further games will simply show how the organization will grow against the background of other events and "nationalize" the bioweapons market. So "Blue" Umbrella is not another organization. Both plot-wise and legally. It's exactly the same Umbrella, just reorganized.

And it's not even that important who runs the company now. Spencer was never mentioned in the first game, and he wasn't even in Iwao's script. Wesker was also not established there as the founder and the person behind the organization.

Umbrella is a whole character. It is a faceless organization and the main antagonist of the series. It just hasn't gotten its climax yet.

I was very interested to see where the blue Umbrella story was going after RE7. But then with RE8, Capcom wanted to play "Happy Families" instead.

I did enjoy RE8 a bit, but I would have preferred an actual follow up to 7 that made more sense. Some aspects of Village feel forced. It's a good game, but I think it's one of the stranger entries the franchise has received. But I know it's part of a planned trilogy, so I hope RE9 does a better job of linking it to 7.

1. New lovable characters such as Sheva, Moira, and Keith never returning or even making a cameo in future games.

2. Characters being redesigned and tweaked to not look or act like they originally did.

3. The ending of the RE2 Remake

4. Every remake except for the RE1 Remake

5. Everyone hating RE6 for its heavy action focus but ignoring how RE4 is also primarily action.

6. RE7

7. Modes like the mercenaries/raid mode either being cut or not as good as in RE5 + 6

That's about it for the most part I think.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

So ı created this as a test some days ago. In re6 steam discussions, there's nothing but negativity about the game most of the time. So ı gave this positivity a try and this is the result.

I dislike survival horror fans with a passion. They know nothing about the franchise along with their lives being full of misconception and lies.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Like ı dont really understand. Why are they spending their time on a game's forum that they dont like? Their whole life is one giant misconception.

It's just a fact that re6 is a masterpiece with a lot of passion put into the game and the haters are blinded by nostalgia. I understand that it doesnt have to be people's favourite but it still feels better designed than other re games.

It's been 9 years since the game's release and there's still negativity or people trying to downplay the game.

To be honest, I know there isn't a rule saying RE needs zombies to be successful. But with these newer enemies, the series has lost a lot of the spunk it originally yielded. Just doesn't feel the same when the characters get different actors either. 🤨

Roger Craig Smith and Julia Voth certainly grew on a lot of people. Then RE7 came along. Uh! What were they playing at there, when they hired that dude who looked nothing like Chris from before? 😩

So, so glad that RE8 at least rectified that issue...

Top Bottom